Page 67 of 179 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2671
    Incredible Member

Yes! It was so emotional. Just so much more so then I was expecting. Which is my fault because KT can really give a good punch in the gut to my feels. I want to know if Remy knows she missing too! Or the cats?!?! They need their cat mom! I am hoping for some good emotional beats from the next issue.

Oh X-Men Red, I loved that damn book but yeah...I cannot piece it anywhere. And the last issue still makes me want a Tom Taylor Thor/Gambit mini.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    And the last issue still makes me want a Tom Taylor Thor/Gambit mini.
    I want that so bad. Thor is my favorite Avenger because of all of the Norse mythology surrounding him. It would be so fun to see him have to hire Gambit to steal some artifact from another realm. But they have to be covert as to not start a war. It practically writes itself!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I want that so bad. Thor is my favorite Avenger because of all of the Norse mythology surrounding him. It would be so fun to see him have to hire Gambit to steal some artifact from another realm. But they have to be covert as to not start a war. It practically writes itself!
    Me too! It was the team-up I never knew I wanted!

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Plus Gambit worked for Loki stealing stuff so it wouldn’t be out of the blue for Thor to know Gambit is the perfect man for the job

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Plus Gambit worked for Loki stealing stuff so it wouldn’t be out of the blue for Thor to know Gambit is the perfect man for the job
    When was this? I'm spacing on it
    Make Good Art

When was this? I'm spacing on it
    The Gambit & Deadpool mini, they were working for some old guy who revealed themselves to be Loki (Loki screws with Gambit’s powers at one point so he uncontrollably charges organic things. Yes, there’s a Rogue reference because he can’t touch anyone so he laments he understand how she feels)
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 04-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Yes! It was so emotional. Just so much more so then I was expecting. Which is my fault because KT can really give a good punch in the gut to my feels. I want to know if Remy knows she missing too! Or the cats?!?! They need their cat mom! I am hoping for some good emotional beats from the next issue.

Oh X-Men Red, I loved that damn book but yeah...I cannot piece it anywhere. And the last issue still makes me want a Tom Taylor Thor/Gambit mini.
    Last RED issue is one of the best Gambit showings ever.
    I hope Taylor will writw Gambit again.

I was thinking about Gambit and Rogue future. If their future team book is in X world then I think it will start only on October after HOX POX minis ending in September.
    It seems we will be stuck in limbo after June.

The Gambit & Deadpool mini, they were working for some old guy who revealed themselves to be Loki (Loki screws with Gambit’s powers at one point so he uncontrollably charges organic things. Yes, there’s a Rogue reference because he can’t touch anyone so he laments he understand how she feels)
    Oh man, I completely forgot about that haha tbh, the only thing I really remember from that mini is Gambit having a 4some (or 5some?) and realizing he has a type
    Make Good Art

Leaving the mind control enjoy the two fights, because in both Rogue came out victorious even containing their absorption at a distance.

Rogue could not be with Carol, not even contending as Rogue was doing, so Carol was not stupid and thought of the plan to join and Rogue let her have control, they are very strong and powerful, but the strength of Carol rogue that is even greater than that of carol.

I assume they will stay together and Rogue at the end will return Carol to her body.

I'm satisfied Rogue kicked Carol's butt twice in the same XD comic, it was to be expected, if something else happened I would be very disappointed, Rogue is at a level higher than Carol's (even without the absorption powers that are fatal for Carol).

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    THANK YOU Daedra.
    I agree. There is some very slanted bias going on here and I for one think Kelly wrote these scenes VERY considerately. I love Rogue just as much as the next mega fan but to dismiss Carol's fear/trauma because Rogue feels guilt or remorse or frustration(???) Carol's life was stolen. Regardless of whether Rogue is repentant, Carol's life was STOLEN. Regardless of whether Rogue is being controlled and its not her fault -- CAROL'S LIFE WAS STOLEN. Accidental or not, to be presented with the possibility of being trapped inside someone else AGAIN? That is some heavy, heavy, ****.
    This is basically the equivalent of Carol being held underwater by Rogue, --again whether intentional or not -- and arguing that Carol SHOULDN'T be fighting, tooth and nail, pulling that hair, clawing that face, punching those ribs -- WHATEVER IT TAKES -- to NOT. BE. DROWNED.

Self preservation? Uh....absolutely.
    And what does she do in the end? For the greater good? SURRENDERS. SACRIFICES. SHE ALLOWS IT.

There history is tense AF. And it should be. On both sides. And Kelly nailed that imho.
    And I'm not even that big a fan of Carol, comparatively. <shrug>
    Simply carol was astute, fighting, I KNOW THAT I WAS NOT ABLE TO WIN ROGUE NEVER, AND TODAY, Rogue is already a strong, absorbed and end point, and it's impossible to leave things to Carol, it was obvious that fight wins Rogue, for something Carol made the game we are going to unite again.

Nothing bad happens here, Rogue is learning to control his powers again, and as we know when he has control he can completely dry someone's power and leave it depowered or return it, he did it many times in XML, and it is supposed to be even more advanced now , I do not think Rogue can not return the pathetic mind of Carol and her powers to her old body with that horrible haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Carol knew she was going to lose to Rogue. With Rogue's ability not restricted to touch there was pretty much no way for Carol to win except to kill Rogue which she didn't want to do. .
    According to you except the end, Carol did not want to kill Rogue, Rogue is superior to Carol in strength (wonderman) and in power (absorption), and all this comes out that was seen from the first punch that gave Rogue, and now With the new capacity of remote absorption Carol estmas that finished, which could end up dead is her, something came to that agreement with Rogue, silly was not clear this.

The same Rogue more than sure it returned to her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Last RED issue is one of the best Gambit showings ever.
    I hope Taylor will writw Gambit again.
    As great as that moment was, I still find his best showing was fucking with the alt-right dickholes. It was just cathartic. Plus seeing NOLA in comics without it involving Mardi Gras is a rare treat.

Oh man, I completely forgot about that haha tbh, the only thing I really remember from that mini is Gambit having a 4some (or 5some?) and realizing he has a type
    I seem to be in the minority because I really enjoyed the mini. It was just a silly little romp. Honestly, the idea of Gambit running around as DareDevil & DeadPool as SpiderMan acting like assholes is the kind of Marvel shenanigans I love.

I seem to be in the minority because I really enjoyed the mini. It was just a silly little romp. Honestly, the idea of Gambit running around as DareDevil & DeadPool as SpiderMan acting like assholes is the kind of Marvel shenanigans I love.
    I think I would have liked it better if the art was different for one thing. Because the whole premise is really fun, but that is not a good looking Gambit. And while it was really funny at times it also kind of perpetuated the version of Gambit that is a tad on the creepy side. The one that JDW seems to like and that turns a lot of people off the character. Too much like Wade.

As great as that moment was, I still find his best showing was fucking with the alt-right dickholes. It was just cathartic. Plus seeing NOLA in comics without it involving Mardi Gras is a rare treat.

I remember enjoying it while I was reading it, but I do agree with AppleJ about the art. It was a little rough in some places. I did really like the humor in it, though. It was kind of refreshing when most of the other books I was reading at the time were so serious
    Make Good Art