Page 74 of 179 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2671

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yes first time they have actually felt like a duo or team rather than Gambit merely being Rogue's sidekick. Best issue of the series so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yep should have had stories like this from issue one instead of rehashing stuff that was supposedly already addressed in the mini. This is more akin to what I was expecting when the book was announced. Rogue and Gambit fighting evil TOGETHER.
    But the issue is .. it took 10 ... thats right 10 .. to deliver what was promised from the the get go.

I might have embraced this more if it was actually a "duo" book like promised but it wasn't.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Okay, what the ****? S P O I L E RS...
    Ok, so that line freaked me out a little, I was like what happened?!?

Now that I have read it, great issue! Loved the ‘tag team’ in the final fight.

Incredible Member

Anyone have any guesses on the thieves guild arc? Or how Rogue gets mixed into it? I’m wracking my brain for theories and so excited to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Anyone have any guesses on the thieves guild arc? Or how Rogue gets mixed into it? I’m wracking my brain for theories and so excited to see how it plays out.
    With what’s been mentioned in #6, I’m guessing it has something to do with some of the thieves planning a rebellion to take over the throne, with Remy being married to Miss Goodie Two Shoes and all? Also, maybe it’s just wishful thinking, but the topic of babies might be brought up as well (especially with the subtle hints in #10..... Remy seeing Spiral’s soul as a baby of all things?? INTERESTING). Remy’s lineage, after all, is a legitimate concern when it comes to passing down the crown one day, if he wants his future children being involved with the Guild at all (don’t think Rogue would be supportive of that though lmao ). Annnnnnd that house he bought for raising a family one day IS in NOLA..... maybe they will actually lay low there for the moment, with most of the other x-men perceived to be dead, until AoXm is over and they get picked up in a new team book.

Definitely a fantastic issue. More of that great Remy kinetic (charge) action, with the hilarity of him keeping a "baby" in the ceiling tiles (if he and Rogue ever do have a kid, that little rapscallion is gonna cause no end of mischief with Rogue's propensity for running and Remy's skill at sneaking!), a really cool development for Spiral (that's a really big deal for her and I hope the X-Office revisits it) and Rogue getting revenge on Mojo decades later. Plus a fantastic ending to top it off, including sexy times, cats, Jean-Luc creepin' and hopefully not a-peepin', and an emotional goodbye.

Cannot wait for the Thieves Guild! I'd love some of that awesome Gambit Vol. 1 drama in a modern context (or just the feel/atmosphere contrasted with their more stable relationship, should they both be together locationally).

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    No guess per se. Though I was chatting up my buddy Glowbug on Discord and we were wondering if the title might give a clue. "The Lady and the Tiger". Now there's the famous short story, "The Lady, or the Tiger?" which is worth a read if you never have. But basically a princess must choose which door to direct her lover, who is on trial for being with her, to choose - the lady or the tiger. So she either loses him to death or to marrying another woman.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    No guess per se. Though I was chatting up my buddy Glowbug on Discord and we were wondering if the title might give a clue. "The Lady and the Tiger". Now there's the famous short story, "The Lady, or the Tiger?" which is worth a read if you never have. But basically a princess must choose which door to direct her lover, who is on trial for being with her, to choose - the lady or the tiger. So she either loses him to death or to marrying another woman.
    Yes. Definetely "The Lady, or the Tiger?" will have some influence on the next arc or issue.

My guess is that Guilds want a new wife for Remy and it will be Odessa from NY Thieves Guild. I hope to see real Hard decisions in it. Such decisions that don`t have correct choice. No matter what you will loose something. Like X-Men 33 with young Gambit in Paris.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-25-2019 at 07:12 AM.

AHHH!!! Tight Marvel continuity... how I miss you. Thompson, you are a breath of fresh air. Thank you for actually acknowledging your other story lines involving spoilers:
    what's happening to Rogue over in Captain Marvel #3-4
    end of spoilers I haven't enjoyed a Mojo story since the late 80's. She has made a crazy stupid character like Mojo, fun and a little intimidating, like he should be and to show Spiral some respect. Too bad Thompson couldn't handle Nanny and Orphan Maker. Two more silly looking characters that were actual trouble back in the day. I'm tire of Marvel, especially the X-Office treating their lower tier villains like total jokes that are only used as minor annoyances just to further the story. I miss actual fight sense where thought was put into it and not simply showing the villains defeated off screen like the heroes didn't break a sweat.
    As for the issue, I loved seeing our love-birds fighting the bad guys without the angst. And I starting to like her upgrade in power. I can't wait to see a Gambit centric story line without Rogue.

Incredible Member

I noticed the lion and the tiger too! Even if it isn’t as literal to the story, it seems that Remy and/or Rogue may be facing an “unsolvable” problem.

I do agree that it could likely be the thread that was started back in 6, but has the rebellion already happened if they think Gambit and Rogue were with the other X-Men. Jean Luc obviously figures or knew otherwise tho. So it could have nothing to do with that. But with Xandra and baby fever gambit, it seems like that is a dangling string. Especially if KT is writing him more New Orleans focused than the international guild. I would assume that the international side of the power structure is less based on lineage but than the NO crew is. I mean, if Julian hadn’t thrown a temper tantrum I’m sure the expectation would be that there would be at least one little Remy or Belle running around by this time. BUT Remy also proves that the lineage doesn’t need to be blood but still family in some way.

KT does like her deep cuts so the house definitely could make an appearance!

Also I think that Tante will call Rogue for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. Definetely "The Lady, or the Tiger?" will have some influence on the next arc or issue.

My guess is that Guilds want a new wife for Remy and it will be Odessa from NY Thieves Guild. I hope to see real Hard decisions in it. Such decisions that don`t have correct choice. No matter what you will loose something. Like X-Men 33 with young Gambit in Paris.
    I think the hard choice could end up being between the Guild leadership and being with Rogue and the X-Men. There is an inherent conflict of interest there and the question of being able to lead/serve both entities.

And knowing Remy, he will look for option C if he can make it happen!

Leaving to Guilds under questionable leadership will only take it down a dark path. But I doubt he would choose to abandon the X-Men either.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I think the hard choice could end up being between the Guild leadership and being with Rogue and the X-Men. There is an inherent conflict of interest there and the question of being able to lead/serve both entities.

And knowing Remy, he will look for option C if he can make it happen!

Leaving to Guilds under questionable leadership will only take it down a dark path. But I doubt he would choose to abandon the X-Men either.
    I will be mad if he will leave Guilds. Also a Thief or X-Man story were already told very good in Asmus run.

It all depends on which new team Gambit ends up in, it may force him to leave the Guilds. For instance, if he and Rogue were to join the Guardians, then how would he juggle being an intergalactic adventurer and leading the Thieves Guild all at the same time? If it were Avengers, they might not approve of the Guilds. Personally if it had to come to that choice, I'll choose him to be an Avenger or Guardian without a second thought, it's an opportunity for the character to evolve in the broader Marvel Universe.

Not saying I'm against the idea of him staying with the Guilds, I just don't think it'll hurt the character if he had to leave.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I will be mad if he will leave Guilds. Also a Thief or X-Man story were already told very good in Asmus run.
    Same here. He needs more stories as the King
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Same here. He needs more stories as the King
    The thing is that with the exception of KT no other writer acknowledged that he is in charge of the Guilds.
    Since the end of Asmus' solo in 2013 every other writer has portrayed Gambit like a "lone adventurer thief" and not like a "big relevant leader of a big organisation", only PAD years ago included the Guild in a small story but everyone else nothing.
    So if the title of King of thieves had been used in the stories I'd be angry too, but since everyone ignores it or simply don't care about it, then I can't get really mad about it.
    What's even the point of him being the King if every writer ignores it and never touch the topic?