Page 79 of 179 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2671

Did I get it wrong or White told that they let Gambit marry Rogue because they are not important for X-Men line?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Did I get it wrong or White told that they let Gambit marry Rogue because they are not important for X-Men line?
    Thank you for sharing Purplevit!

Hmmm...I didn't take it that way. When he says “I think there is a lot lower stakes on each individual relationship, though, because none of them are THE relationship the whole thing hangs on. Rogue and Gambit had a lot of heat back in the day, but then for many years they were not a thing…” I think he means that their relationship doesn’t make or break their characters and everything X-men isn’t dependent on them. I prefer that. Because he is right, that would get boring and not organic. I would prefer that they aren’t defined by their marriage and we are getting to see how this type of relationship works in the X-world. Really enjoyed the ending of MMX #10 with the goodbyes and I love yous. Felt real.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Thank you for sharing Purplevit!

Hmmm...I didn't take it that way. When he says “I think there is a lot lower stakes on each individual relationship, though, because none of them are THE relationship the whole thing hangs on. Rogue and Gambit had a lot of heat back in the day, but then for many years they were not a thing…” I think he means that their relationship doesn’t make or break their characters and everything X-men isn’t dependent on them. I prefer that. Because he is right, that would get boring and not organic. I would prefer that they aren’t defined by their marriage and we are getting to see how this type of relationship works in the X-world. Really enjoyed the ending of MMX #10 with the goodbyes and I love yous. Felt real.
    Thanks. Ending of MMX 10 with love goodbye was awesome and the way it should be, really. Loved it too.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Maybe it is a good thing in this case?
    Some times being on the spotlight and super important can cause a lot of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe it is a good thing in this case?
    Some times being on the spotlight and super important can cause a lot of trouble
    Gambit was absent from most X events in the latest decade. Events were garbage but it is still not good.

Incredible Member

Goodness! Don't know how I stumbled onto this - but I guess the Gambit hate is real people: https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/stat...65079862648832.

Ugh. It hurts my heart.
    Gail and Big Bang Comics are not Gambit fans much to KT’s chagrin.....BUT the trail of gambit was a lot of things, but because of him being a narc? Does BBC know what a narc is?!?? If anything he got in trouble for being an anti-narc. Unless Mr Sinister is the police in this scenario? I dunno but now my head hurts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

The "experimental" part left me a bit scared. I wonder, what is the limit to these "experiments"?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Gail and Big Bang Comics are not Gambit fans much to KT’s chagrin.....BUT the trail of gambit was a lot of things, but because of him being a narc? Does BBC know what a narc is?!?? If anything he got in trouble for being an anti-narc. Unless Mr Sinister is the police in this scenario? I dunno but now my head hurts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I love that KT always comments on Gail's posts about Gambit, though. Nice to have her in our ring, even on Twitter haha
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member

I was over all fine with the answer. The issue with Moonlighting and X-Files is that there were two leads and so a solidified relationship basically takes everything over. However Gambit and Rogue are members of the X-world but they are not THE X-World. I think experimental in this case is doing things like letting them get married, possibly have a family at some point. Because there are stories that can be told such as we have seen with Sue And Reed/Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, and due to the nature of this being a team, newer or other couples can fill in some of those will they/won’t they/new relationship roles that Gambit and Rogue no longer need to fulfill. It’s an ensemble more like Parenthood, the OC, or Friday Night Lights. It can show different individuals and couples stories at different phases of life. But that’s just my interpretation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I was over all fine with the answer. The issue with Moonlighting and X-Files is that there were two leads and so a solidified relationship basically takes everything over. However Gambit and Rogue are members of the X-world but they are not THE X-World. I think experimental in this case is doing things like letting them get married, possibly have a family at some point. Because there are stories that can be told such as we have seen with Sue And Reed/Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, and due to the nature of this being a team, newer or other couples can fill in some of those will they/won’t they/new relationship roles that Gambit and Rogue no longer need to fulfill. It’s an ensemble more like Parenthood, the OC, or Friday Night Lights. It can show different individuals and couples stories at different phases of life. But that’s just my interpretation, of course.
    Well said!

Yeah, this is probably the least cringe-worthy answer I expected and actually kind of a relief to hear. I took it as a good thing and that there's no inherent pressure to separate them because the fate and direction of the X-Men doesn't sit on them alone.

That said, I am still a bit on pins and needles to know how the Hickman storyline will effect them.

And it's really just shameful that so many writers dislike Gambit. At least I've been seeing a few fans come around on him though.

Spectacular Member

Goodness! Don't know how I stumbled onto this - but I guess the Gambit hate is real people: https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/stat...65079862648832.

Ugh. It hurts my heart.
    It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    The "experimental" part left me a bit scared. I wonder, what is the limit to these "experiments"?
    Probably a non X-Men team book.

Soooo ... it's Monday, right? Cause I got a serious case of the Mondays complete with dreary rain.

Any chance some Romy art might come along to cheer me up?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Soooo ... it's Monday, right? Cause I got a serious case of the Mondays complete with dreary rain.

Any chance some Romy art might come along to cheer me up?
    Ask and ye shall receive! Thank you Kelly!!!

IMG_20190506_175437.jpg

IMG_20190506_175431.jpg

Looks like Remy making his dramatic entrance into the Thieves Guild? Is he wearing the all black?

And what's happening with Rogue here?! Looks like she's being hit with Remy's kinetic blast?!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-06-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Spelling, always spelling