Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1542
  1. #121
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Oh come on, she married him, how on earth is it an incredible stretch to believe she loves him after, ya know, she married him?
    Wasn't trying to anger you, just stated my opinion. Rogue doesn't say "i love you" to him and it's not clear to fans who aren't heavy shippers how she expresses her love. That's just my opinion, the opinion of someone who isn't a hardcore shipper but has enjoyed reading about the pair in the past. As for marrying someone signifying that you 100% love them, I don't think I agree with that. Both sets of my grandparents divorced. One set said they rushed into marriage out of passion/lust but not out of a desire for long term commitment and love. The other set said they settled because they thought if they waited longer to meet somebody that felt more "right" they would never find them or be too old to have kids (in my grandmother's case). I was fortunate enough to not have this happen to my parents but it's definitely a sore spot for my mom and dad.

  2. #122
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Remy said I love you to Rogue in MMX #3.
    Dang you! You beat me to it! Well played sir. Well played.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I dunno. For me "I love you" is normal to use with my gf anytime. And feelings must be always showed and told. It is not right.
    But all peoples are different, I think.
    I agree. I thought about it and I still tell my husband I love him all the time after being together close to a decade (I can’t believe it’s been that long). But yes, I don’t think everyone is like that. And I agree with Sparta that it might be weird reading it on the page repeatedly. But agreed, that Rogue isn’t as expressive with her love. I believe reading on KT’s Tumblr that she admits that Rogue has to work on this stuff a bit, as well as showing her support of her husband – given the opportunity. Rogue’s never been an “I love you slut” (why have I been referencing HIMYM so much lately?). Other than Gambit, has Rogue ever admitted to loving any other man (in this reality or maybe she did while I was boycotting)? I think expressions of love are easier for Gambit because he’s been in love many times before (Harbour Speech). Also, he's been more intuned with his emotions than Rogue. Just my opinion
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 01-10-2019 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #123
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Oh come on, she married him, how on earth is it an incredible stretch to believe she loves him after, ya know, she married him?
    Exactly. They are just married. They need to show their fellings all the time. It is freaking honeymoon. I love you phrases and things should be all the time, 24/7.

  4. #124
    Spectacular Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I'm a fan of the "show, dont tell" approach myself. I know from their backstory and nearly thirty years of stories that they love each other.

    Its like when Fraction and Brubacker wrote the X-Men in San Fran and every page was full of characters explaining to each other how cool and great and totally original everything was, which really took me out of the (admittedly not great) stories.

    I trust the writer to tell a good story and use their love as the backdrop to it.

  5. #125
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I think on the letters section of this latest issue someone asked a similar question to this (something about Rogue's devotion to Gambit) ...and replied that all will be answered soon. So I guess we'll have to stay tuned.
    It is just strange. Marriage in #1. Rogue don't need 2 arcs of development after marriage so she will be able to say "I love you".
    I don't want to annoy anyone here.

    Just noticed that and see it as problem because it is unnatural for me.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.

  6. #126
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    I agree. I thought about it and I still tell my husband I love him all the time after being together close to a decade (I can’t believe it’s been that long). But yes, I don’t think everyone is like that. And I agree with Sparta that it might be weird reading it on the page repeatedly. But agreed, that Rogue isn’t as expressive with her love. I believe reading on KT’s Tumblr that she admits that Rogue has to work on this stuff a bit, as well as showing her support of her husband – given the opportunity. Rogue’s never been an “I love you slut” (why have I been referencing HIMYM so much lately?). Other than Gambit, has Rogue ever admitted to loving any other man (in this reality or maybe she did while I was boycotting)? I think expressions of love are easier for Gambit because he’s been in love many times before (Harbour Speech). Also, he's been more intuned with his emotions than Rogue. Just my opinion
    I am glad that you kept that fire so long The way it should be

  7. #127
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am glad that you kept that fire so long The way it should be
    Thank you!

  8. #128
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Exactly. They are just married. They need to show their fellings all the time. It is freaking honeymoon. I love you phrases and things should be all the time, 24/7.
    I guess they were showing/expressing it a lot on (and off) panel at the start of the honeymoon.

  9. #129
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I guess they were showing/expressing it a lot on (and off) panel at the start of the honeymoon.
    I could see that as well. But I agree that I would like to see more on-panel Rogue being more expressive (although the face grab in MMX #7 was pretty hot) and being there for Gambit. But yes, maybe there is a lot of off-panel stuff happening.

    Am I the only one who wondered why the newlywed couple was readjusting their clothes/getting dressed RIGHT BEFORE dinner party guests were arriving for their party. I think they were getting it on right before, which is why Rogue ended up being late with all the last minute party details.

  10. #130
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh my gosh, Lego you are so right! I felt like this seemed familiar. But yes, it is almost exactly like his "death" in their therapy session. And at the time the way Emma was acting it seemed like maybe it was Remy who wasn't able to mentally buy into the false reality. But maybe it was actually Rogue?
    Sorry was meaning to reply but life got in the way!

    Yes, you are right! Remy was blamed for that session being a failure (but he was blamed for other things not his fault at the time – DAMN YOU MYSTIQUE), but maybe it was Rogue. Something is going in on that head of hers. Also, the fact the Kelly wrote their first meeting with R+G as being able to touch under Shadow King’s control. I’m curious to what Kelly is building up to and her take on Rogue’s powers and lack of control.

  11. #131
    Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    134

    Default

    LegoLiz, I didn't notice! You're totally right!
    Last edited by Kalternativa; 01-10-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  12. #132
    Mighty Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    I will pipe up to say that while I DO want an explicit "I love you" out of Rogue at some point, in the past there was a definite discussion around actions versus words between them. Rogue wanted an admission of love and he wanted her to act on her feelings for him. So it's an interesting turn of events. And did we question Remy's feelings when he wouldn't say it? No, because his actions made it obvious.

    And many people feel that words start to ring hollow and lose meaning when they are overused. It's always better when they feel earned. I agree with the show, don't tell method as mentioned by the Captain. And like I mentioned in my overly ridiculous breakdown, people express love in many different ways and not all ways come naturally to some. That said, I do think it's time to see more from Rogue on both fronts. But she is also dealing with kind of a lot where her powers are concerned, so I think it's fair to be patient with her as well.

    I have a habit of saying "I love you" and kissing my husband goodbye pretty much every day when one of us is leaving for work or wherever. But on some level, it IS just a habit too and not something we overanalyze or that is fraught with deep meaning. Doesn't mean we don't mean it, but . . . You get what I'm saying? It probably wouldn't work great for a comic or this particular couple. They aren't going to behave like a Scott and Jean.

  13. #133
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I will pipe up to say that while I DO want an explicit "I love you" out of Rogue at some point, in the past there was a definite discussion around actions versus words between them. Rogue wanted an admission of love and he wanted her to act on her feelings for him. So it's an interesting turn of events. And did we question Remy's feelings when he wouldn't say it? No, because his actions made it obvious.

    And many people feel that words start to ring hollow and lose meaning when they are overused. It's always better when they feel earned. I agree with the show, don't tell method as mentioned by the Captain. And like I mentioned in my overly ridiculous breakdown, people express love in many different ways and not all ways come naturally to some. That said, I do think it's time to see more from Rogue on both fronts. But she is also dealing with kind of a lot where her powers are concerned, so I think it's fair to be patient with her as well.

    I have a habit of saying "I love you" and kissing my husband goodbye pretty much every day when one of us is leaving for work or wherever. But on some level, it IS just a habit too and not something we overanalyze or that is fraught with deep meaning. Doesn't mean we don't mean it, but . . . You get what I'm saying? It probably wouldn't work great for a comic or this particular couple. They aren't going to behave like a Scott and Jean.
    At the beginning Rogue professed her love for Gambit many times before Gambit finally said it. I think Gambit said it first time in X-Men #45, and then again a few years later at the end of his trial. Between those times Rogue was the one trying to get him to say those words, even after the post-trial reunion. Then X-Treme X-Men was a complete "love-fest". Rogue was probably more devoted than Gambit was, between that 1992-2006 period, while Gambit loved Rogue, he found it hard to get it out of his chest.

  14. #134
    Ready to roll out! R0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    748

    Default

    There's a difference between passion/lust and love. We've seen a lot of the first but not so much of the second when it comes to Rogue.
    I don't have that much of a problem so far with it, since I'm a patient guy and I think it'll happen eventually, but I can see why some people might be a bit disappointed.
    The guild arc in my opinion could be the perfect opportunity for her to stand up by his side and support him in whatever he chooses to do, something as simple as a "I know you are a good man and no matter what you decide to do, I'm with you all the way, I've got your back" would be more than enough for me.

  15. #135
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    444

    Default

    I’m just popping in to say that you all must not be train wreck hot messes when throwing parties. My husband and I are always getting dressed last minute and crazed until guests arrive and I’m basically cosplaying Rogue in her raged/angry panels. And not because we’re getting frisky BUT because we suck at house party time management.

    Also, I’d like Rogue to drop an ILU soon but I get it. And obviously the more meaningful scene for it the better. She did say “must be love” in RG 3 too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •