Page 92 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2671
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The preview looks great, very reminiscent of Oscar's style, but dare I say...better?
    Gambit has pupils so I concur.

Comic Geek in General

I wonder.....will the final issue take place before Uncanny 22/ AoX Omega? Would our errant Couple return to the fold in time to help the Last X-Men or be there when the team returns?

Incredible Member

By the way AJ, days later and I’m still cracking up over this, “Now I'm wondering where the hell did Jean-Luc nope off to? Seriously that guy is kinda the worst.”

He literally arrives, tells his son *#% is going down and then peace’s out. He’s done it twice now! #dadoftheyear

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    By the way AJ, days later and I’m still cracking up over this, “Now I'm wondering where the hell did Jean-Luc nope off to? Seriously that guy is kinda the worst.”

He literally arrives, tells his son *#% is going down and then peace’s out. He’s done it twice now! #dadoftheyear
    For real, right?! I think Jean-Luc and Corsair are off having a beer somewhere, probably bragging about their stellar parenting skills.

But yeah, Jean-Luc really has a habit of getting Remy into messes and crapping out on him. Who knows, maybe this time he actually is working with Remy and they have a plan of some type? Maybe whatever Remy maybe has hidden under his skin is connected to said plan? Still hoping to see Tante before all is said and done!

But how this wraps up is a huge curiosity. Will something happen to keep them out of the UXM and Hickman happenings? In the end, will they be on or off the game board? I can't begin to guess and not even sure which one I hope for at this point.

Astonishing Member

Lol at jean luc disappearing, he did just completely disappear!

This was so good, ugh, all the good comic end too soon. No idea how it will actually end, but how I want it to end, is ‘happily’. Resolve the problem (as much as they can) and ‘live happily ever after’ even if Rosenberg/Hickman intends to blow it all up. At least the title and the trade, end on a good note. :/
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 05-25-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Just re-read issues 1 through 11 and walked away even more impressed with this series. I really liked how one arc flowed into the next: Rogue's powers started evolving during the Shia'ar adventure, which was resolved in the Mojo arc, and the current arc picks up on threads that were started in issue 6. Really going to miss this series when it's gone, but I'm eager to see where Gambit and Rogue go from here. Whatever's in store, they can handle it together! I think Kelly Thompson has proven they're stronger with each other than without.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGambit View Post
    Just re-read issues 1 through 11 and walked away even more impressed with this series. I really liked how one arc flowed into the next: Rogue's powers started evolving during the Shia'ar adventure, which was resolved in the Mojo arc, and the current arc picks up on threads that were started in issue 6. Really going to miss this series when it's gone, but I'm eager to see where Gambit and Rogue go from here. Whatever's in store, they can handle it together! I think Kelly Thompson has proven they're stronger with each other than without.
    Oh, that's a great idea to re-read the series from the beginning. I think I'll do that the week before the last issue drops!

I REALLY hope this book has a lasting influence on their future in the next wave of books and in how other writers handle them.

Anyone else find it REALLY interesting that DC is coming out with a bat/cat book now?! Maybe this is the beginning of seeing some longer lasting comic book relationships and/ or more of them? The people have spoken!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-25-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Incredible Member

I hope it does as well. I mean, it’s been over a year of building them up and putting them in a good place. It would be a waste to throw that away. And in regards to Gambit and Rogue and even the Bat/Cat book, there are stories to tell with couples and I really hope we are starting to see that.

So SDCC is in July along with the post HOX PoX solicits right? The wait after issue 12 on 6/26 until then is going to be a long one.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post

He'll show up at the end, congratulate them on not getting killed...and then disappear again.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh, that's a great idea to re-read the series from the beginning. I think I'll do that the week before the last issue drops!

I REALLY hope this book has a lasting influence on their future in the next wave of books and in how other writers handle them.

Anyone else find it REALLY interesting that DC is coming out with a bat/cat book now?! Maybe this is the beginning of seeing some longer lasting comic book relationships and/ or more of them? The people have spoken!
    I'm hoping for that too.

Regarding the Bat/Cat book (which I'm looking forward to: DC giveth what Marvel taketh away, lol), that relationship figured heavily in Tom King's Batman run so this seems to be a natural extension of that. I know there are a lot of shippers out there and, who knows, maybe this reflects a new trend? Maybe we're all sick of soap opera angst and the publishers are recognizing that?

White got asked that there were no fan favorites like Psylocke, Rogue and Gambit on HOX POX covers. White guarantees that they will appear in a comic at some point between July and December.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    White got asked that there were no fan favorites like Psylocke, Rogue and Gambit on HOX POX covers. White guarantees that they will appear in a comic at some point between July and December.
    Well that's nice and vague. Leads me to believe they aren't in this event and we're being strung along.

Regarding the Bat/Cat book (which I'm looking forward to: DC giveth what Marvel taketh away, lol), that relationship figured heavily in Tom King's Batman run so this seems to be a natural extension of that. I know there are a lot of shippers out there and, who knows, maybe this reflects a new trend? Maybe we're all sick of soap opera angst and the publishers are recognizing that?
    Maybe! I mean, don't get me wrong I'm all for angst, but if it never has a payoff and just keeps getting recycled without moving the characters forward it gets super old.

Mainly, I want to see characters moving forward. Growing, learning, and even changing in the course of their adventures and challenges. And I get that it has to be done super slowly to make them last for a never-ending on-going serial like comics. But the worst thing to me is when new writers don't pick up important developments in continuity in the hand-offs and we get character regressions.

But as the senior level X-Men are getting into their 30's now, it's time to be seeing some couples forming that actually last a good long while and the many types of challenges they would face. These are stories that have barely been told! Let's see them! They are only boring if a writer has no imagination.

Well that's nice and vague. Leads me to believe they aren't in this event and we're being strung along.
    I thought the same. Limbo before new books will be announced for the end of year.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-26-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Finally listened to the AiPT interview with JDW and it seemed pretty decent. He's a likeable guy and I appreciate him doing these things. Didn't learn anything we didn't already know or suspect really.

But how do these guys not know Gambit rides a motorcycle? And I think the move Rogue pulled off in Rogue and Gambit after absorbing Remy's powers more than answers whether he'd be good at skateboarding or not. Though I do agree he probably wouldn't care about skateboarding. Ehhhh ... it's all meant in fun anyway I suppose, but makes me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Finally listened to the AiPT interview with JDW and it seemed pretty decent. He's a likeable guy and I appreciate him doing these things. Didn't learn anything we didn't already know or suspect really.

But how do these guys not know Gambit rides a motorcycle? And I think the move Rogue pulled off in Rogue and Gambit after absorbing Remy's powers more than answers whether he'd be good at skateboarding or not. Though I do agree he probably wouldn't care about skateboarding. Ehhhh ... it's all meant in fun anyway I suppose, but makes me shake my head.
    I think he doesn't know that because no current writer or editor read Nicieza's solo. Probably except KT. But maybe even she read only issues with Rogue in it for duo book.