Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Black Widow and Jessica Drew would have rounded the team out really well I think
    I forgot about Jess, I agree that would make a great Avengers team for sure!

By the way, the last issue of the Long Night adapted one of my favorite scene from the podcast:

spoilers:
    The meeting between Logan and Sherman, and the revelations about Logan's past.
    end of spoilers

I'm impressed, Percy and Takara really did a great job here! Speaking of the Long Night, the podcast won a Webby Awards for Best Original Music/ Sound Design!

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/23/1...ll-the-winners

Congrats to the team, they deserve it, I can't wait for the Lost Trail

Also some really nice art by Sam Kieth for the upcoming Exit Wounds one shot:

source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...and-star-wars/
    Last edited by Hush; 04-26-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Oh, I love this!

Thanks for the Aaron reading suggestions.
    I think I'll end up reading all of it, eventually, and probably Rucka too.
    Sometimes the whole of Wolverine is just so dauntingly massive, other times - it's just like the wilderness you know? Vast, old and endlessly, inexorably diverse and hopefully sustainably strange and new. Origin and other.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

I forgot about Jess, I agree that would make a great Avengers team for sure!

By the way, the last issue of the Long Night adapted one of my favorite scene from the podcast:

spoilers:
    The meeting between Logan and Sherman, and the revelations about Logan's past.
    end of spoilers

I'm impressed, Percy and Takara really did a great job here! Speaking of the Long Night, the podcast won a Webby Awards for Best Original Music/ Sound Design!

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/23/1...ll-the-winners

Congrats to the team, they deserve it, I can't wait for the Lost Trail

Yeah, the adaptation has been pretty good for the most and glad know about the podcast, it might have not been the best story, but they did a great job in all the technical details.

Also thanks for your report of Wolverine in this week, i still haven't read it most of it myself, but is good to know in adavance lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel as if I'm falling behind with the Wolverine stuff lately. I've only been following Uncanny x-men so I feel as if I've missed a lot at this point. Thankfully you guys are very organized with the Logan content.

Also I may be too far gone, but that bottom part of the tree in that art just seems a bit phallic to me. Something probably wrong with me to be honest.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I feel as if I'm falling behind with the Wolverine stuff lately. I've only been following Uncanny x-men so I feel as if I've missed a lot at this point. Thankfully you guys are very organized with the Logan content.

Also I may be too far gone, but that bottom part of the tree in that art just seems a bit phallic to me. Something probably wrong with me to be honest.
    Logan's third mutation can make things difficult if you are a fan

Your mind is oficially dirtier than mine, hope that you are proud

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Logan's third mutation can make things difficult if you are a fan

Your mind is oficially dirtier than mine, hope that you are proud
    Good to know. I'll hold that title with pride.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I read Savage Avengers, Wolverine interactions with Conan were pretty funny, even if Duggan overplayed it a bit.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Oh, I love this!

Thanks for the Aaron reading suggestions.
    I think I'll end up reading all of it, eventually, and probably Rucka too.
    Sometimes the whole of Wolverine is just so dauntingly massive, other times - it's just like the wilderness you know? Vast, old and endlessly, inexorably diverse and hopefully sustainably strange and new. Origin and other.
    You're welcome! The Rucka's run is good too, it's much more grounded and If you like the tone of this run, you should try to listen to the Long Night podcast.

That's true about Wolverine, especially since the early 00s, the franchise became much bigger but unfortunately Logan's backstory became much more convoluted at the same time which made the whole thing really daunting as you said. With any luck, Marvel will do some cleanup soon and streamline his backstory.

Yeah, the adaptation has been pretty good for the most and glad know about the podcast, it might have not been the best story, but they did a great job in all the technical details.

Also thanks for your report of Wolverine in this week, i still haven't read it most of it myself, but is good to know in adavance lol.
    Hi TheCape, glad to see you!

Yeah despite some problems (especially that ending and one of the plot that went nowhere) I kind of like it as a whole and I hope the second season will fix those "mistakes" but from a technical point of view this podcast was indeed amazing.

No problem, don't forget to post your reviews of those issues when you have the chance to read them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think right now, the Wolverine franchise is in some kind of a "transition" with all those minis either finishing up some old plotlines or just setting up the Wolverine's new status quo which can be really confusing. Fortunately things should get better around the end of the year once AOX/POX & Absolute Carnage are done.

Lmao but to be honest some of the Wolverine stories drawn by Sam Kieth in the past did a have a lot of sexual innuendo or subtexts such as Blood Hungry:

I read Savage Avengers, Wolverine interactions with Conan were pretty funny, even if Duggan overplayed it a bit.
    Yeah it was fun, really good fight between Logan and Conan and I laughed at:

spoilers:
    I'm Logan of Pabst.
    end of spoilers

Also that ending was really reminiscent of what happened during the Punisher Max series by Ennis, things are going to get ugly in the next issue!

I've also read Dead Man Logan #7, and that was really good but man things escalated really quickly lol.

spoilers:
    The cannibal scenes especially the one with the kid were really messed up. It was nice to see "baby" Bruce and Danielle Cage back and that ending with the return of Sabretooth was good too!
    end of spoilers

I knew once the Old Man Logan would go back to the Wastelands, things would get much better!!!!

War of the Realms #3 was really fun too, Logan and the new Avengers didn't appear a lot but they were great in the few scenes they appeared! Also that ending was crazy

In other news, some art from the next issue of Wolverine: Infinity Watch:

source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...r-kevin-feige/
    Last edited by Hush; 05-01-2019 at 09:29 AM.

You're welcome! The Rucka's run is good too, it's much more grounded and If you like the tone of this run, you should try to listen to the Long Night podcast.

That's true about Wolverine, especially since the early 00s, the franchise became much bigger but unfortunately Logan's backstory became much more convoluted at the same time which made the whole thing really daunting as you said. With any luck, Marvel will do some cleanup soon and streamline his backstory.

Hi TheCape, glad to see you!

Yeah despite some problems (especially that ending and one of the plot that went nowhere) I kind of like it as a whole and I hope the second season will fix those "mistakes" but from a technical point of view this podcast was indeed amazing.

No problem, don't forget to post your reviews of those issues when you have the chance to read them!

I think right now, the Wolverine franchise is in some kind of a "transition" with all those minis either finishing up some old plotlines or just setting up the Wolverine's new status quo which can be really confusing. Fortunately things should get better around the end of the year once AOX/POX & Absolute Carnage are done.

Lmao but to be honest some of the Wolverine stories drawn by Sam Kieth in the past did a have a lot of sexual innuendo or subtexts such as Blood Hungry:

Nice to see ya too man, things hadn't been easy around here, but i would try to keep posting.

PAD and Kieth aren't even subtle lol, the story was a literal pissing contest (or maybe dick measuring) between Wolverine and Cyber

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah it was fun, really good fight between Logan and Conan and I laughed at:

spoilers:
    I'm Logan of Pabst.
    end of spoilers

Also that ending was really reminiscent of what happened during the Punisher Max series by Ennis, things are going to get ugly in the next issue!

I've also read Dead Man Logan #7, and that was really good but man things escalated really quickly lol.

spoilers:
    The cannibal scenes especially the one with the kid were really messed up. It was nice to see "baby" Bruce and Danielle Cage back and that ending with the return of Sabretooth was good too!
    end of spoilers

I knew once the Old Man Logan would go back to the Wastelands, things would get much better!!!!

War of the Realms #3 was really fun too, Logan and the new Avengers didn't appear a lot but they were great in the few scenes they appeared! Also that ending was crazy

In other news, some art from the next issue of Wolverine: Infinity Watch:

source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...r-kevin-feige/
    My favorite was the Popeye reference, lol.

Speaking of Frank, i recently read Rucka's run and it was pretty awesome.

Haven't read DML yet, but i would do it soon. I think that i will for WOR to end, before i read it, but i'm feeling tempted to check it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Nice to see ya too man, things hadn't been easy around here, but i would try to keep posting.

PAD and Kieth aren't even subtle lol, the story was a literal pissing contest (or maybe dick measuring) between Wolverine and Cyber
    No worry I understand. After seeing what happened in Caracas yesterday, I hope things will improve soon.

That's true, there was no subtlety in this story lol. I still hope that the wiener mobile will make a comeback in the Exit Wounds story

My favorite was the Popeye reference, lol.

Speaking of Frank, i recently read Rucka's run and it was pretty awesome.

Haven't read DML yet, but i would do it soon. I think that i will for WOR to end, before i read it, but i'm feeling tempted to check it.
    That Popeye reference was amazing lol.

The Rucka's Punisher run is damn good, Frank and Rachel Cole-Alves are such great characters in this run and the art by Checchetto is beautiful. Also the mutual respect between Logan and Frank during the War Zone mini was nice.

I think DML is becoming the best Wolverine book on the market right now, issues 6 was amazing and issue 7 was damn great too. Regarding War of the Realms, it might be the best thing to do, I like this event for now but I'm trying to be cautious with Aaron especially when it comes to events because the last event he did (Original Sin) wasn't great at all and didn't end well in my opinion. (I'm not counting AVX and BOTA since they were co written with other writers)
    Last edited by Hush; 05-01-2019 at 10:42 AM.

No worry I understand. After seeing what happened in Caracas yesterday, I hope things will improve soon.

That's true, there was no subtlety in this story lol. I still hope that the wiener mobile will make a comeback in the Exit Wounds story

That Popeye reference was amazing lol.

I think DML is becoming the best Wolverine book on the market right now, issues 6 was amazing and issue 7 was damn great too. Regarding War of the Realms, it might be the best thing to do, I like this event for now but I'm trying to be cautious with Aaron especially when it comes to events because the last event he did (Original Sin) wasn't great at all and didn't end well in my opinion. (I'm not counting AVX and BOTA since they were co written with other writers)
    Thanks man, i hope that things improve too

If it doesn't come back, the quality would drop tenfold for me lol.

Yeah Original Sin wasn't that great, i'm not a big fan of Fury or Duggan, but i'm that most fans weren't happy about what happened.

Also i read Uncanny #17, it was decent, even if i found some of Rosenberg decisions headscratching, but Logan was cool there, looking for revenge after the death of one of his teamates, this run hasn't that great, but at the very least i can say that Logan has been mostly in characther.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Thanks man, i hope that things improve too

If it doesn't come back, the quality would drop tenfold for me lol.

Yeah Original Sin wasn't that great, i'm not a big fan of Fury or Duggan, but i'm that most fans weren't happy about what happened.

Also i read Uncanny #17, it was decent, even if i found some of Rosenberg decisions headscratching, but Logan was cool there, looking for revenge after the death of one of his teamates, this run hasn't that great, but at the very least i can say that Logan has been mostly in characther.
    Let's hope so!

That's true, if the wiener mobile isn't back in Exit Wounds that would be disappointing lol.

Yeah what happened to both Fury and Dum Dum was really terrible and didn't make a lot of sense, what happened to Thor was even more annoying.

Thanks for the review of Uncanny X-Men #17, that's good to hear. At least Logan is writen well so that's great lol but yeah looking at the sollicits or just at some recaps, the story doesn't look really interesting but maybe I will try the TPB. This run seems similar to the the Lobdell 00s short run (Eve of Destruction) where he finished some storylines and where he made sure that everything was in place just before the start the Morrison's run.

Let's hope so!

That's true, if the wiener mobile isn't back in Exit Wounds that would be disappointing lol.

Yeah what happened to both Fury and Dum Dum was really terrible and didn't make a lot of sense, what happened to Thor was even more annoying.

Thanks for the review of Uncanny X-Men #17, that's good to hear. At least Logan is writen well so that's great lol but yeah looking at the sollicits or just at some recaps, the story doesn't look really interesting but maybe I will try the TPB. This run seems similar to the the Lobdell 00s short run (Eve of Destruction) where he finished some storylines and where he made sure that everything was in place just before the start the Morrison's run.
    The Thor fandom is still shaking their fist in indignation.

If you are gonna try it, i would warn you that the biggest problem is that a lot of stuff seems to happen between issues instead of.the story itself, is kind of annoying and that if you like the New Mutants you aren't going to be impressed, they barely do anything and most of the focus goes to Scott, Madrox, Logan and Alex.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona