The only thing I do like about the hot claws is the fact that when Logan uses his claws extensively now, it apparently causes internal damage which taxes his healing factor, thus slowing it down some. I always preferred Wolverine in the 80s during the old Claremont/Buscema run, and later even in the Hama/Silvestri run, when his healing factor wasn’t instantaneous except for minor injuries. Major, mortal wounds could take hours, sometimes even days to heal. And he would feel the effects of them sometimes for weeks after.

I liked that aspect, and it used to be understood that his healing factor worked more slowly than someone like Sabretooth’s because of all the adamantium coating his skeleton. Somewhere along the way that was forgotten and now his healing factor is way too rapid to be any fun at all. He just shrugs off bullets like they’re nothing. Might as well be Superman sometimes.

So my only hope about the hot claws is that somehow they reintroduce that aspect of the character and slow his healing factor down some. Hell, the hot claws don’t even have to stick around for that to happen! Just come up with some pseudo-scientific explanation for why they were heating up initially after his resurrection (the adamantium has started breaking down for some reason, perhaps due to the fact that he was dead and dormant and then suddenly revived; and it was initially reacting to oxygen when the claws were unsheathed, causing them to heat up; now it’s no longer doing that, but the destabilization of the adamantium is slowing his healing factor down, back to those 80s levels). That’s what I’d love to see anyway.