Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

The only thing I do like about the hot claws is the fact that when Logan uses his claws extensively now, it apparently causes internal damage which taxes his healing factor, thus slowing it down some. I always preferred Wolverine in the 80s during the old Claremont/Buscema run, and later even in the Hama/Silvestri run, when his healing factor wasn’t instantaneous except for minor injuries. Major, mortal wounds could take hours, sometimes even days to heal. And he would feel the effects of them sometimes for weeks after.

I liked that aspect, and it used to be understood that his healing factor worked more slowly than someone like Sabretooth’s because of all the adamantium coating his skeleton. Somewhere along the way that was forgotten and now his healing factor is way too rapid to be any fun at all. He just shrugs off bullets like they’re nothing. Might as well be Superman sometimes.

So my only hope about the hot claws is that somehow they reintroduce that aspect of the character and slow his healing factor down some. Hell, the hot claws don’t even have to stick around for that to happen! Just come up with some pseudo-scientific explanation for why they were heating up initially after his resurrection (the adamantium has started breaking down for some reason, perhaps due to the fact that he was dead and dormant and then suddenly revived; and it was initially reacting to oxygen when the claws were unsheathed, causing them to heat up; now it’s no longer doing that, but the destabilization of the adamantium is slowing his healing factor down, back to those 80s levels). That’s what I’d love to see anyway.

Find him in the cover. I'm going to be honest it took me a couple of seconds to find him, and when I found him I went: "Aww, how sweet!"

Also, did anyone read MCP #2? I haven't read it yet. I'm trade-waiting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Find him in the cover. I'm going to be honest it took me a couple of seconds to find him, and when I found him I went: "Aww, how sweet!"

Also, did anyone read MCP #2? I haven't read it yet. I'm trade-waiting for that.
    Yeah, same for me. Lets hope that Odin doesn't attack him again for believing that he is a troll lol.

I did read it, it was...ok, the premise is kind of cool, but so far i'm not very impressed with the story.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Who is the black woman behind him to the right? Is that Okoye?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Didn't miss much fights guy,tells girl to fight, guy gets away, wonders if hes invincible, will fight every 10 years. Slow burn on this one
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 03-01-2019 at 12:42 PM.

I agree with everyone else, it was okay but nothing amazing. The idea is interesting but the format isn't the best imho. I really enjoyed the FF story in MCP #2 though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The only thing I do like about the hot claws is the fact that when Logan uses his claws extensively now, it apparently causes internal damage which taxes his healing factor, thus slowing it down some. I always preferred Wolverine in the 80s during the old Claremont/Buscema run, and later even in the Hama/Silvestri run, when his healing factor wasn’t instantaneous except for minor injuries. Major, mortal wounds could take hours, sometimes even days to heal. And he would feel the effects of them sometimes for weeks after.

I liked that aspect, and it used to be understood that his healing factor worked more slowly than someone like Sabretooth’s because of all the adamantium coating his skeleton. Somewhere along the way that was forgotten and now his healing factor is way too rapid to be any fun at all. He just shrugs off bullets like they’re nothing. Might as well be Superman sometimes.

So my only hope about the hot claws is that somehow they reintroduce that aspect of the character and slow his healing factor down some. Hell, the hot claws don’t even have to stick around for that to happen! Just come up with some pseudo-scientific explanation for why they were heating up initially after his resurrection (the adamantium has started breaking down for some reason, perhaps due to the fact that he was dead and dormant and then suddenly revived; and it was initially reacting to oxygen when the claws were unsheathed, causing them to heat up; now it’s no longer doing that, but the destabilization of the adamantium is slowing his healing factor down, back to those 80s levels). That’s what I’d love to see anyway.
    Hell no. I'm so sick of him being pushed back down to street level ****. "Oh he's not that strong"; "Oh his healing factor shouldn't be THAT good"; "Oh he's not REALLY a martial artist xyz (literally) anybody else is better." foh.

Wolverine got POWER CREPT by almost every single character that has "healing factor" or "Accelerated Healing" I mean ffs...
    Do I want him fighting a bunch of hand ninja? Sure.
    But do I want him complaining about getting shot? Hell no. The ship sailed on that one a loong time ago.

Listen. A punch from an enraged hulk, or a swipe from the wendigo would be lights out for wolvie in that power gap you're going for. I read the madripoor stories when I was a kid too but...
    Let wolvie grow man. Jeez.
    I do think that he feels the pain but keeps fighting cause he's NOT gonna die.
    We pick up these books KNOWING the characters aren't going to stay dead, so sure...

"I just need a second for my healing factor to kick in, bub" was a hot line but really... it doesn't make sense for the other half of his adventures. Further, it really sucks, with the amount of hate he gets just for
    being more popular that other heroes.

I remember being 11 and picking up my first "X-men Classic" Wolvie vs wendigo and asking a friend "Is that the X-man?" he looks pretty bad ass. My schoolyard buddy (obviously annoyed) corrected me but the eye-roll let me know
    it was going to be a long ride of him standing out, and people being pissed about it.

He's just a bigger deal that that, and since that puts him in a much smaller weight class, I think I'm going to skip a lot of books were he's no longer "the guy you call to drive off the hulk".
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Um... when Wolverine went toe-to-toe with Wendigo and Hulk numerous times in the 70s and 80s is precisely when he had that slower healing factor I was talking about. Even his 90s level wasn’t absurd.

It wasn’t until the 2000s that we started seeing him really run headfirst into a hail of bullets (stupidly), never even slowing down or breaking stride. Or being regenerated after being burned down to a freakin’ skeleton, which is what killed him in the DoFP timeline actually.

So I’m really only talking about some of the dumber feats of ridiculous, instantaneous healing that I don’t enjoy honestly. Wolverine was better IMO when he remembered he had skills. With this instant healing crap, why even use them? Just rush on in and take the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Hell no. I'm so sick of him being pushed back down to street level ****. "Oh he's not that strong"; "Oh his healing factor shouldn't be THAT good"; "Oh he's not REALLY a martial artist xyz (literally) anybody else is better." foh.

Wolverine got POWER CREPT by almost every single character that has "healing factor" or "Accelerated Healing" I mean ffs...
    But do I want him complaining about getting shot? Hell no. The ship sailed on that one a loong time ago.

Listen. A punch from an enraged hulk, or a swipe from the wendigo would be lights out for wolvie in that power gap you're going for. I read the madripoor stories when I was a kid too but...
    We pick up these books KNOWING the characters aren't going to stay dead, so sure...

"I just need a second for my healing factor to kick in, bub" was a hot line but really... it doesn't make sense for the other half of his adventures. Further, it really sucks, with the amount of hate he gets just for

I remember being 11 and picking up my first "X-men Classic" Wolvie vs wendigo and asking a friend "Is that the X-man?" he looks pretty bad ass. My schoolyard buddy (obviously annoyed) corrected me but the eye-roll let me know
    it was going to be a long ride of him standing out, and people being pissed about it.

He's just a bigger deal that that, and since that puts him in a much smaller weight class, I think I'm going to skip a lot of books were he's no longer "the guy you call to drive off the hulk".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Um... when Wolverine went toe-to-toe with Wendigo and Hulk numerous times in the 70s and 80s is precisely when he had that slower healing factor I was talking about. Even his 90s level wasn’t absurd.

It wasn’t until the 2000s that we started seeing him really run headfirst into a hail of bullets (stupidly), never even slowing down or breaking stride. Or being regenerated after being burned down to a freakin’ skeleton, which is what killed him in the DoFP timeline actually.

So I’m really only talking about some of the dumber feats of ridiculous, instantaneous healing that I don’t enjoy honestly. Wolverine was better IMO when he remembered he had skills. With this instant healing crap, why even use them? Just rush on in and take the damage.
    I always like it when Wolvie drops lines about not even needing to use his healing factor on someone and then just dismantling them with pure skill. One of the main reasons I think Wolverine fits in so well is that his power set allows him to join teams like the Avengers and deal with crazy powerful people but he isn't so overtly powerful that it is silly to team him up with Daredevil to hit the streets of NYC. Although with Phoenix Wolverine all bets are off lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Got to show some love for my favorite X-Men member of all time, bub.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I also want a modest reduction of his healing factor. All I really ask is for the following.

1. Wolverine’s healing factor can’t compensate for unlimited damage.

2. It takes time to kick in and to heal major wounds.

3. All bets are off when he goes berserker but he has to deal with the consequences later.

I think this would make things easier on the writers because they don’t have to go to ridiculous lengths to put Wolverine in danger. It also makes his berserker rage matter again. And still lets him go toe to toe with anyone but not because his healing factor makes him invincible but because he’s just that bad a.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 03-03-2019 at 06:50 AM.

A more "grounded" healing factor would be better for sure. But i want is a bigger emphasis in Logan's skill as an assasin, showing how fast and sneaky he really is, remember this is the same man that was able to fool Alpha Fligth early in the Claremont/Byrne days and got into the Blackbird without no one noticing.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

I agree about Wolverine's powers and skills. People pretend he wasn't always as powerful as he is His healing factor shouldn't take time to start up. He is one of Marvel's most skilled fighters and he has super strength. He doesn't have Thing level super strength. He can pick up a large tree and hit someone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I also want a modest reduction of his healing factor. All I really ask is for the following.

1. Wolverine’s healing factor can’t compensate for unlimited damage.

2. It takes time to kick in and to heal major wounds.

3. All bets are off when he goes berserker but he has to deal with the consequences later.

I think this would make things easier on the writers because they don’t have to go to ridiculous lengths to put Wolverine in danger. It also makes his berserker rage matter again. And still lets him go toe to toe with anyone but not because his healing factor makes him invincible but because he’s just that bad a.
    Exactly. It would at least ensure consistency in how they depict his healing abilities. And would more clearly showcase what a badass he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A more "grounded" healing factor would be better for sure. But i want is a bigger emphasis in Logan's skill as an assasin, showing how fast and sneaky he really is, remember this is the same man that was able to fool Alpha Fligth early in the Claremont/Byrne days and got into the Blackbird without no one noticing.
    Yep. That’s exactly what I was going for. I want a return to the days where Logan relied more on his skills than his invincibility. That’s why I really enjoyed Old Man Logan honestly. It felt a bit more like the Logan from the 80s. Dangerous, unpredictable and skilled; not necessarily invincible, just bad ass.

Mighty Member

Why is it only Logan who gets **** for his healing factor when others do not? Creed has a very strong healing factor as does Laura, in fact Laura's is said to be even stronger than Logan's Then you have the Hulk who also has a very strong hf as well. And let's not forget the mother of all healing factors; Deadpool. His is off the charts, way above anything Logan can take. Yet it's only Logan who gets flack for having an overpowered healing factor. Weird!