Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1255

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Very true!

Yeah same thing for me, pacing was a problem with the netflix shows, the second half of DD season 2 really disappointed me especially the whole Black Sky thing. I agree about Luke Cage, it was disappointing to lose the villain so soon.

I don't want to spoil Lost trail, but something happened at the end and well let's say that whatever they do with season 3 could be really fun. If they add another mutant, I hope Kitty or Jubilee appears because the friendship between Logan and Marcus during this season was really good.

Also after seeing how scary some of those villains were during the first two seasons, I can't wait to see what Percy is going to do with Sabretooth, Omega Red or Lady Deathstrike if they appear in the future seasons.

spoilers:
    Double agent Wolverine maybe? Working both with Krakoa but also with Moira. Maybe the sinister secret about Logan being up to something with a married woman with a child was a reference to him being involved with Moira.
    end of spoilers

Originally (before Secret Wars and the incursions) after the end of the original Old Man Logan storyline, Logan's healing factor started to work as good as before to the point he was still alive 450 years later, he didn't look as old as before (just had his head shaved) and he was calling himself the Hooded Man. So yeah he lived for a really long time, especially when we know that this version of Logan was born at least during the 18th century or maybe even before.
    Not sure if Brisson will tie his Dead Man Logan mini with this story though.

You have the Wolverine from the Spider-Gwen universe who is a really old Samurai (still looking young) but unlike our Logan, his healing factor doesn't come from a mutation but from a curse, he was cursed to live a day for each life he took in the past, so basically he's almost immortal. We don't know when he was born, only thing we know is that he used to be a really famous and deadly samurai in a long distant past.

I remember that the Wolverine from the end of Morrison's run, still looks the same despite the story taking place 150 years in the future. He only died when Beast removed his healing factor.

If I'm not mistaken, you also have the "Immortal One" from the Age of Sentry mini, who looks exactly like the classic Wolverine in his prime and who is still alive in the 31st century and a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy (similar to the Legion of Superheroes), it was just a cameo though.
    Stick kind of oversold that whole Black Sky thing honestly.

Well Gambit already appeared, for what i heardn so your idea is probably going to come one way or another, personally i'm waiting for Creed to appear in the next season.

Prezvalentine made a post saying that Logan killing Moira in two of her lifes might mean that he is actually in cahoots with her (as Logan would say ), so it wouldn't surprised me, he is after all the only X-Men that had show reservers about Xavier's plan on page.

As for Wolverine's age, eh, many characthers that know him from WWII had commented that he hasn't age a day since the 40's. Oll Man Logan went through a horrible trauma that make him reject himself and his powers might have got affected for that (you know kind of how people dealling with huge amounts of stress can show more visibly sings of aging). So him just having a few grey hairs, after so much time make sense for me.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-09-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Prezvalentine make a post saying that Logan killing Moira in two of her lifes might mean that he is actually in cahoots with her (as Logan would say ), so it wouldn't surprised me, he is after all the only X-Men that had show reservers about Xavier's plan on page.
    That would actually pretty cool, I don't like the krakoa status and it would be cool if Wolverine had some reservations or was working with Moira in other thing too (because we all know krakoa will fail, probably thanks to xavier and magneto themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    This is definitely good news on the art side of things(haven't read anything from the writer yet, so no opinion). Adam Kubert is in the top 5 of favorite Wolverine artist. I only rank Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, and Arthur Adams above him.
    I’d put Lee ahead too. Silvestri is tied with Kurbert to me. And Adams third.

As far as the writer do yourself a favor and listen to the two Wolverine podcasts he wrote. He’s got Logan’s voice nailed and both seasons are up in their entirety free. I loved them.

I thought the Logan/Moira scene was the best part of this last issue. I thought the whole issue was outstanding, but that sequence gave me chills!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Some variants covers:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought the Logan/Moira scene was the best part of this last issue. I thought the whole issue was outstanding, but that sequence gave me chills!
    Oh it definitely was!

Dear Lord. Up in robot heaven, tell me . . . was that fast enough for you?

I laughed out loud at that one. Such a great line.

I love what Hickman has done with Wolverine. I have always thought that because of his personality, Logan works best when you use him in small doses but very effective. He's like Han Solo, you don't use it as much as Luke Skywalker but every moment he is in it has to be cool.

Logan is not a central part of anything in what appears in HOX / POX but every time he is there you know he is going to do/say something cool and badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Oh it definitely was!

Dear Lord. Up in robot heaven, tell me . . . was that fast enough for you?

I laughed out loud at that one. Such a great line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I love what Hickman has done with Wolverine. I have always thought that because of his personality, Logan works best when you use him in small doses but very effective. He's like Han Solo, you don't use it as much as Luke Skywalker but every moment he is in it has to be cool.

Logan is not a central part of anything in what appears in HOX / POX but every time he is there you know he is going to do/say something cool and badass.
    Just want to add that I could not agree more with all of the above. I truly hope this is how he’s written in the movies. He doesn’t need to be the lead or at the forefront all the time. But when he enters the scene, you know he’s going to do and/or say something bad-friggin’-ass.

That's mostly because that's how Logan has always been written, outside of minis, Claremont never gave him a leading role in any of the stories (i think that the Brood Arc was as close as he got, but ultimately that whole experience was more important for Storm and Carol) and most comic writers that had done the same, barring the time between Schism and his death (which is 4 years of his 45 in publication), is just that the movies and the last cartoon has sort of warped people's perception of him in my opinion. His leading roles had been mostly limited to solo material.

Otherwise though, i do agreed that he works better as a supporting character when he is around the X-Men, his modern cowboy/Clint Eastwood fighting with his dark impulses is a pretty compelling for a lead, but in a team setting is better to downplay that, especially because most people would problems working with someone like that in real life.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think that Wolverine in optimal conditions if nothing external affects him is immortal in terms of longevity, just like Selene or Apocalypse.
    Yeah, that would make sense and it was something alluded during the Wolverine/Hercules mini, especially at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Hush you some how posted what i was going to say lol
    Anyways i can see a Wolverine vs Cyclops story again with how Hickman is propping them.

This whole event is gonna make the X-Men look like horrible monsters lol can't wait till they kidnap/brainwash Franklin to use as a superweapon.
    Lmao, that could be a really interesting status quo moving forward but yeah if that happened you're going to have a big "civil war" in Krakoa down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I thought about this too spoilers:
    the words on the blind item were carefully choosen to everyone think about Jean. But Moira and Logan were very close on 6th life and also had a moment on 9th life. And Moira might need someone to put tabs on Magneto and Xavier, Logan wasn't so hot about the villains. Moira havin ga kid check, but she isn't married anymore.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that would make sense and I would love this kind of status quo for Logan, but I agree the "married woman" is problematic if we're taking it at face value, same thing with the other secrets, maybe it's more of a metaphor.

Honestly Erik and Charles are playing with fire by allowing all those villains on Krakoa, some of them are just beyond salvation so I can't blame Logan or Moira for not being happy about this situation.

Stick kind of oversold that whole Black Sky thing honestly.

Well Gambit already appeared, for what i heardn so your idea is probably going to come one way or another, personally i'm waiting for Creed to appear in the next season.
    True about Stick lol. Gambit was great during this season, the actor really did a good job with him, so yeah I hope we see more of him in the next season but yeah Creed is going to be terrifying.

Prezvalentine made a post saying that Logan killing Moira in two of her lifes might mean that he is actually in cahoots with her (as Logan would say ), so it wouldn't surprised me, he is after all the only X-Men that had show reservers about Xavier's plan on page.
    Ah nice one, Prezvalentine is right about that! Yeah it would make sense, she knows him better than anyone at this point when you think about it. Now if Moira could reveal that the Romulus stuff only happened in one of her previous life that would be awesome lol.

Honestly I can't blame Logan about all those villains, some of them are just not trustworthy at all and they all did some nasty things to both Logan and the X-Men especially the ones in the secret Council. Also Gorgon is lucky that Logan doesn't know what he did to Mariko, because it's not a beer he would have given to him that's for sure.

One thing surprising, is that Magneto didn't kill Sinister on sight since Essex is an ex-nazi known as "Nosferatu" that Magneto tracked for years.

As for Wolverine's age, eh, many characthers that know him from WWII had commented that he hasn't age a day since the 40's. Oll Man Logan went through a horrible trauma that make him reject himself and his powers might have got affected for that (you know kind of how people dealling with huge amounts of stress can show more visibly sings of aging). So him just having a few grey hairs, after so much time make sense for me.
    Regarding Old Man Logan, you're right it make sense to be honest, guy lost his will to live and to fight, especially after what happened with the X-Men, like you said it was a big trauma for him and his powers must have been affected by that. But yeah seeing him alive 1000 years later with just a few grey hairs is not really surprising, I mean he is the "Amazing Immortal Man" lol.

I agree the way he was used during HOX/POX was great, same way he was used during the Claremont run or during the Morrison's run. Like TheCape said, Logan as a supporting character when he's part of the main X-Men team is more than enough, although I do like him as a leader of his own squad team alongside other anti-heroes in order to handle nasty business like in Uncanny X-Force.

Regarding Dawn of X, he has his own little squad in X-Force, he will make some cameo appearance in X-Men and he will have his own solo series written by the same writer who is writing X-Force, so right now that's just the perfect setup in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Some variants covers:
    [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGYEzJCXUAEQCDX.jpg[img]
    [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGdJx1WWwAA2y2n.jpg[img]
    [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGdLaNlWoAI0A1H.jpg[img]
    I really like the X-force variant cover with Logan, Domino and Jean!

X-Men #2 Variant by Marcos Martin:

X-Force #1 variant by Russel Dauterman:

Last edited by Hush; 10-11-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Yeah, that would make sense and it was something alluded during the Wolverine/Hercules mini, especially at the end.

Lmao, that could be a really interesting status quo moving forward but yeah if that happened you're going to have a big "civil war" in Krakoa down the line.

Yeah that would make sense and I would love this kind of status quo for Logan, but I agree the "married woman" is problematic if we're taking it at face value, same thing with the other secrets, maybe it's more of a metaphor.

Honestly Erik and Charles are playing with fire by allowing all those villains on Krakoa, some of them are just beyond salvation so I can't blame Logan or Moira for not being happy about this situation.

True about Stick lol. Gambit was great during this season, the actor really did a good job with him, so yeah I hope we see more of him in the next season but yeah Creed is going to be terrifying.

Ah nice one, Prezvalentine is right about that! Yeah it would make sense, she knows him better than anyone at this point when you think about it. Now if Moira could reveal that the Romulus stuff only happened in one of her previous life that would be awesome lol.

Honestly I can't blame Logan about all those villains, some of them are just not trustworthy at all and they all did some nasty things to both Logan and the X-Men especially the ones in the secret Council. Also Gorgon is lucky that Logan doesn't know what he did to Mariko, because it's not a beer he would have given to him that's for sure.

One thing surprising, is that Magneto didn't kill Sinister on sight since Essex is an ex-nazi known as "Nosferatu" that Magneto tracked for years.

Regarding Old Man Logan, you're right it make sense to be honest, guy lost his will to live and to fight, especially after what happened with the X-Men, like you said it was a big trauma for him and his powers must have been affected by that. But yeah seeing him alive 1000 years later with just a few grey hairs is not really surprising, I mean he is the "Amazing Immortal Man" lol.
    For all his complaining about soft-hearted Matt, Stick was the true drama queen of the two lol.

Honestly i never thought that Sinister files were mean to be taken literally (well not all then anyway). Also someone else in another thread say that it might be a metaphor for Moira and Xavier funding Krakoa, everyone there are they "children" and as the ones that started all are "married".

Personally although i don't think that there is mind control involved, i feel that all the X-Men are acting....odd to an extent, like they are way to eager to go for Xavier's idea, maybe this is a result of desperation, but who knows.

Gorgon was also the guy that told Logan in his first apperance how he feed a little boy to the pigs, i'm sure than that's water under the bridge now
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-12-2019 at 09:58 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

For all his complaining about soft-heated Matt, Stick was the true drama queen of the two lol.

Honestly i never thought that Sinister files were mean to be taken literally (well not all then anyway). Also someone else in another thread say that it might be a metaphor for Moira and Xavier funding Krakoa, everyone there are they "children" and as the ones that started all are "married".

Personally although i don't think that there is mind control involved, i feel that all the X-Men are acting....odd to an extent, like they are way to eager to go for Xavier's idea, maybe this is a result of desperation, but who knows.

Gorgon was also the guy that told Logan in his first apperance how he feed a little boy to the pigs, i'm sure than that's water under the bridge now
    I think they’re acting very odd. And I think the writer is participating in some voluntary amnesia about a lot of the villains. They’ve open their doors to literal mass murders, genocidal maniacs, and a original Nazi. Frankly for the first time the world might actually be right to hate and fear them.

I agree the way he was used during HOX/POX was great, same way he was used during the Claremont run or during the Morrison's run. Like TheCape said, Logan as a supporting character when he's part of the main X-Men team is more than enough, although I do like him as a leader of his own squad team alongside other anti-heroes in order to handle nasty business like in Uncanny X-Force.

Regarding Dawn of X, he has his own little squad in X-Force, he will make some cameo appearance in X-Men and he will have his own solo series written by the same writer who is writing X-Force, so right now that's just the perfect setup in my opinion.

I really like the X-force variant cover with Logan, Domino and Jean!

X-Men #2 Variant by Marcos Martin:

I don't normally go out of my way for variants, but I might track this one down. That is stunning.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Kubert is already teasing:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...93812551421953
    (It's a video)