Page 38 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If you check out the cover to House of X #1 that they just revealed, it appears that Logan gets an updated version of his brown and tan costume. The gloves are definitely different. And it looks have seams on the upper part too. I’m guessing it’s an updated version.
    I’m digging it. It’s like a mash up of the original brown and tan and the ultimate version of it. Definitely like the more gauntlet than glove element going on.

Some variants covers:

That first cover is gold.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Guggenheim is back
    b3efd56b-marvel-announces-wolverine-vs-blade-special-1-1068x534.jpghttps://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...-dave-wilkins/

It's been a month and hes alredy more prevalent then he ever was before he died
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 04-12-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Guggenheim is back
    b3efd56b-marvel-announces-wolverine-vs-blade-special-1-1068x534.jpghttps://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...-dave-wilkins/

Love it, especially the X-Force costume.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

Guggenheim is back

As he should be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Love it, especially the X-Force costume.
    I wonder if that means It takes place when jubliee was a vampire/ he gets his xforce look back/ a coloring mistake like house of x. Or were getting a xforce ongoing. Probably one of the first 3

Guggenheim is back

Considering that is not that important, you can just ignore it. As for the book, well i don't have the same raging hate for Guggenheim thatbmost people had in this forum (i don't even think that his X-Men Gold was that bad, barring the Kitty/Piort wedding), but his previous work with Logan doesn't make particurlary excited for this project. Still a cool image though

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the last Dead Man Logan issue, main Wolverine and OML finally get to talk, it was pretty fun conversation, more or less how i expected particurlary loved when Logan used his own phrase in the old guy "Wow, that really make me sound like a jackass". Although i don't know where to place this issue in continuity (is this after Age of X-Man?).

I also was surprised to see Mariko again, kind of sweet moment between the two, it seems that she is avoiding Logan and thr X-Men in general, can't really blame her.

Also, brillant plan about Maestro, Forge, i'm sure that it won't bite you in the ass soon.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    . Although i don't know where to place this issue in continuity (is this after Age of X-Man?).
    Was Old Man Logan in any of the Age of X-Man issues? The dialogue between the two Logans feels like it takes place either after Return of Wolverine or after Wolverine:Infinity Watch. OML tells OG Logan to "return to the X-Men" except that OG Logan is wearing his handy-dandy X belt buckle and isn't in his usual cowboy attire. So who knows right now.

I did wish there was more dialogue between them but I suppose it's in character for Logan to not open up to anyone, even himself. Although I would think that OML would ask how death was since he's about to be visiting that land where only Marvel characters return from.

Dead Man Logan takes place before Disassembled since we see the X-Men still around, plus the Mansion is still standing upright.

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Was Old Man Logan in any of the Age of X-Man issues?
    Yeah, he's already gone back to the Wastelands by the time Nate Grey starts screwing around with Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned the last Dead Man Logan issue, main Wolverine and OML finally get to talk, it was pretty fun conversation, more or less how i expected particurlary loved when Logan used his own phrase in the old guy "Wow, that really make me sound like a jackass". Although i don't know where to place this issue in continuity (is this after Age of X-Man?).

I also was surprised to see Mariko again, kind of sweet moment between the two, it seems that she is avoiding Logan and thr X-Men in general, can't really blame her.

Also, brillant plan about Maestro, Forge, i'm sure that it won't bite you in the ass soon.
    Yeah I have to agree it’s an amazing issue, you know I think Ed Brisson is a really good writer but unfortunately the pacing during his Old Man Logan series was too slow, and despite being a solid and entertaining run as a whole I felt a little disappointed by the end of it. The first five issues of Dead Man Logan were also uneven and in the end I thought 2 issues were more than enough to deal with Mysterio.
    But this issue, man this issue is damn good! In fact, I would say it's one of the best issue with Old Man Logan ever, it's a turning point, the end of an era for the character but also the start of the big story that all the fans of the original Old Man Logan story have been waiting for!

In the past Ed Brisson's characterization Old Man Logan felt too similar to the classic Logan most of the time, it was just him but with grey hair basically but with this issue Brisson shows how much similar and different the two really are, not by having them have a big fight or anything but just though a little talk while drinking some beers and then kicking some ass for good measure, that was just the perfect way to do it in my opinion.

As you said the Mariko’s scene was really good too and I like how one of the Lemire's plotlines was resolved by Brisson, that was nice and it ties the two runs perfectly. The last goodbyes scene was perfect too:

If you would have told me years ago that a goodbye scene between Old Man Logan and Glob would have made me feel sad, I would have laughed at you but Brisson made this scene works, just perfect! Regarding what Forge is doing with Maestro’s body, I think that was a nice easter egg both to the Immortal Hulk series but also to the original Future Imperfect story and most especially to the famous gun created by Forge to take down the Maestro in the future but I agree it's not going to end well for Forge lol.

Honestly I think this issue not only shows why Old Man Logan is an amazing character but also Brisson’s skills as a writer, his knowledge and his love for all the characters involved in this story and it also helps that the art by Mike Henderson was perfect during this issue. So yeah congrats to the creative team, you won me back!

You know it’s funny since we were talking about it some time ago, but in a way this issue reminded me of Wolverine #75, it has everything, heartfelt goodbyes, action scenes, perfect pacing and characterization, good art, humor, callback to previous stories and some nice twists. Now I can’t wait for the next arc, it’s going to be amazing!!!

Regarding the timeline, there is a timeskip between the last two pages of ROW #5 (after Logan crashed in the ocean and before he arrived at the X-Mansion) that's when this issues should takes place so yeah just before Disassembled and before Age of X-Man as Tycon said.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-12-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah I have to agree it’s an amazing issue, you know I think Ed Brisson is a really good writer but unfortunately the pacing during his Old Man Logan series was too slow, and despite being a solid and entertaining run as a whole I felt a little disappointed by the end of it. The first five issues of Dead Man Logan were also uneven and in the end I thought 2 issues were more than enough to deal with Mysterio.
    But this issue, man this issue is damn good! In fact, I would say it's one of the best issue with Old Man Logan ever, it's a turning point, the end of an era for the character but also the start of the big story that all the fans of the original Old Man Logan story have been waiting for!

In the past Ed Brisson's characterization Old Man Logan felt too similar to the classic Logan most of the time, it was just him but with grey hair basically but with this issue Brisson shows how much similar and different the two really are, not by having them have a big fight or anything but just though a little talk while drinking some beers and then kicking some ass for good measure, that was just the perfect way to do it in my opinion.

As you said the Mariko’s scene was really good too and I like how one of the Lemire's plotlines was resolved by Brisson, that was nice and it ties the two runs perfectly. The last goodbyes scene was perfect too:

If you would have told me years ago that a goodbye scene between Old Man Logan and Glob would have made me feel sad, I would have laughed at you but Brisson made this scene works, just perfect! Regarding what Forge is doing with Maestro’s body, I think that was a nice easter egg both to the Immortal Hulk series but also to the original Future Imperfect story and most especially to the famous gun created by Forge to take down the Maestro in the future but I agree it's not going to end well for Forge lol.

Honestly I think this issue not only shows why Old Man Logan is an amazing character but also Brisson’s skills as a writer, his knowledge and his love for all the characters involved in this story and it also helps that the art by Mike Henderson was perfect during this issue. So yeah congrats to the creative team, you won me back!

You know it’s funny since we were talking about it some time ago, but in a way this issue reminded me of Wolverine #75, it has everything, heartfelt goodbyes, action scenes, perfect pacing and characterization, good art, humor, callback to previous stories and some nice twists. Now I can’t wait for the next arc, it’s going to be amazing!!!

Regarding the timeline, there is a timeskip between the last two pages of ROW #5 (after Logan crashed in the ocean and before he arrived at the X-Mansion) that's when this issues should takes place so yeah just before Disassembled and before Age of X-Man as Tycon said.
    I agreed, as we have say before Brisson problems get down to how descompressed his stuff can be, the first 5 issues could have been condensed in 3 frankly, especially issue 4 (for me that was a big waste of time), but this is actually pretty good, is full good moments and references to the adventures of OML since he came to the main universe and is a good way to end an era for the characther and then send him into his last hurrah (i wasn't even expecting a mention of Maureen), very similar to Wolverine #75 in a way as you say.

Also, thanks to you three for clearing the timeline to me lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by ArminTamzarian View Post
    Was Old Man Logan in any of the Age of X-Man issues? The dialogue between the two Logans feels like it takes place either after Return of Wolverine or after Wolverine:Infinity Watch. OML tells OG Logan to "return to the X-Men" except that OG Logan is wearing his handy-dandy X belt buckle and isn't in his usual cowboy attire. So who knows right now.

I did wish there was more dialogue between them but I suppose it's in character for Logan to not open up to anyone, even himself. Although I would think that OML would ask how death was since he's about to be visiting that land where only Marvel characters return from.
    Old Man Logan died several times in the past as mentioned during Astonishing X-Men #7 so I think he already knows what the land of death looks like lol.

Next week is going to be good for all Wolverine's fans!

First Jason Aaron is going to retcon Soule's useless saga in the second issue of War of the Realms:

I have to admit, I like this explanation lol.

Then Gerry "The Best there is" Duggan is showing his knowledge of Wolverine's powers:

At least someone remembers that Logan's healing factor doesn't suppress pain, I still hope he's going to write the next ongoing.

And finally some cool art from War of the Realms War Scroll showing Wolverine using his fighting skills against some Elves:

Regarding the Blade vs Wolverine one shot by Guggenheim, it could be fun. When Guggenheim was writting the Blade series more than 10 years ago, he did an issue which focused on both Logan and Blade (Blade #5) where he revealed how Blade met Logan for the first time and I really liked this flashback at the time.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-12-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Old Man Logan died several times in the past as mentioned during Astonishing X-Men #7 so I think he already knows what the land of death looks like lol.

Next week is going to be good for all Wolverine's fans!

First Jason Aaron is going to retcon Soule's useless saga in the second issue of War of the Realms:

I have to admit, I like this explanation lol.

Then Gerry "The Best there is" Duggan is showing his knowledge of Wolverine's powers:

At least someone remembers that Logan's healing factor doesn't suppress pain, I still hope he's going to write the next ongoing.

And finally some cool art from War of the Realms War Scroll showing Wolverine using his fighting skills against some Elves:

Regarding the Blade vs Wolverine one shot by Guggenheim, it could be fun. When Guggenheim was writting the Blade series more than 10 years ago, he did an issue which focused on both Logan and Blade (Blade #5) where he revealed how Blade met Logan for the first time and I really liked this flashback at the time.
    I don't care much for Aaron's War of Realms but i have to admit than that scene between Frank and Logan is funny. Also that artwork of War of Scroll is pretty good.

Yeah, looks of people seem to forget that, good thing that Duggan know his stuff.

I basically know nothing about comic book Blade i'm mostly basing my judgement in his previous work with Logan, still i really like that cover.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona