Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1255
  1. #571
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Some variants covers:
    [img]https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/syfy_image_gallery_full_breakpoints_theme_syfy_nor mal_1x/public/savage_avengers_cover_3.jpg?timestamp=1554836672[img]
    [img]https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/syfy_image_gallery_full_breakpoints_theme_syfy_nor mal_1x/public/savage_avengers_cover_6.png?timestamp=1554836672[img]
    [img]https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/syfy_image_gallery_full_breakpoints_theme_syfy_nor mal_1x/public/savage_avengers_cover_8.png?timestamp=1554836672[img]
    Lmao at the Young variant, thanks for sharing!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I agreed, as we have say before Brisson problems get down to how descompressed his stuff can be, the first 5 issues could have been condensed in 3 frankly, especially issue 4 (for me that was a big waste of time), but this is actually pretty good, is full good moments and references to the adventures of OML since he came to the main universe and is a good way to end an era for the characther and then send him into his last hurrah (i wasn't even expecting a mention of Maureen), very similar to Wolverine #75 in a way as you say.

    Also, thanks to you three for clearing the timeline to me lol.
    I agree issue 4 was useless unfortunately, I'm just surprised that Cambria and the kids weren't mentioned but at least Maureen was here. That scene where Old Man Logan realized that his Maureen and his kids are definetely gone for good was really sad too. Now I can't wait to see his last hurrah and the return of baby bruce!

    No problem about the timeline!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't care much for Aaron's War of Realms but i have to admit than that scene between Frank and Logan is funny. Also that artwork of War of Scroll is pretty good.

    Yeah, looks of people seem to forget that, good thing that Duggan know his stuff.

    I basically know nothing about comic book Blade i'm mostly basing my judgement in his previous work with Logan, still i really like that cover.
    I think the first issue was fun despite some of the dialogues and what happened to Odin but yeah the artwork by Dauterman is amazing!

    I think the first time I saw Blade in the comics was during the Tomb of Dracula series and he was really different compared to the movies lol. Regarding the Blade issue by Guggenheim, despite not being the biggest fan of Chaykin's art I think it was a nice meeting between a young Blade and Logan:





    Last edited by Hush; 04-12-2019 at 04:09 PM.

  2. #572
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    All of those previews look fun!
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  3. #573
    Amazing Member Regular man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Now we know why Blade has that long black raincoat ... it is just too badass

  4. #574
    Amazing Member allforgeeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    83

    Default Wolverine exit wounds #1 keith variant

    WOLVERINE EXIT WOUNDS #1 KEITH VARIANT

    A really interesting Sam Kieth variant cover for Wolverine Exit Wounds #1. Not really sure what to make of this one, I love of lot of what Sam Kieth does but does his work suit Wolverine? I'm still processing...!


    https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...keith-variant/

  5. #575
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    Cannot wait to see Deodato drawing Logan in Savage Avengers.
    deo logan.jpg

    The guy was born to draw Wolverine.

    OMD.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  6. #576
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Cannot wait to see Deodato drawing Logan in Savage Avengers.
    deo logan.jpg

    The guy was born to draw Wolverine.

    OMD.jpg
    Man - to each his own. Glad you like Deodato

    I find his Wolverine an absolute eye sore

  7. #577
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Man - to each his own. Glad you like Deodato

    I find his Wolverine an absolute eye sore
    So do I.

    I think Frank Cho draws a great Wolverine:


    Cho would have been a nice choice for the Savage Avengers IMO.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  8. #578
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    Now we know why Blade has that long black raincoat ... it is just too badass
    So true!

    Quote Originally Posted by allforgeeks View Post
    WOLVERINE EXIT WOUNDS #1 KEITH VARIANT

    A really interesting Sam Kieth variant cover for Wolverine Exit Wounds #1. Not really sure what to make of this one, I love of lot of what Sam Kieth does but does his work suit Wolverine? I'm still processing...!


    https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...keith-variant/
    I think his style worked well with Wolverine in the past especially in the stories that involved crazy elements such as hallucination scenes like in Blood Hungry or mystical and supernatural elements like in Claws and Webs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Cannot wait to see Deodato drawing Logan in Savage Avengers.
    deo logan.jpg

    The guy was born to draw Wolverine.

    OMD.jpg
    I agree, I like most of his works especially Hulk, Thunderbolts and the recent Old Man Logan series. His style works well with big action scenes but also in horror books, especially if it involves scary beasts like in the Wolverine Annual he did with Duane Swierczynski:





    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    So do I.

    I think Frank Cho draws a great Wolverine:

    [IMG]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Srqzd-UMjSg/UUnntYyZ4VI/AAAAAAAAATU/H3DYWjyS32s/s1600/savage-wolverine3-fight.jpg[IMG]

    Cho would have been a nice choice for the Savage Avengers IMO.
    Frank Cho is great too! An artist I would like to see back on Wolverine is Alan Davis, I love his style and especially the way he draws Logan:


  9. #579
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    The third issue of Wolverine Infinity Watch is good, even better than the first two issues. Nice pacing, good action scenes, perfect characterization and the dialogues between Logan, Loki and Bat are amazing.

    Honestly a series starring Wolverine, Loki and Bats going on cosmic adventures and writen by Duggan could be really fun, I mean seriously look at them:



    Also the art by McDonald fits the tone of Duggan's story perfectly, really good job especially during the action scenes. Only thing I'm not sure right now is if this series is going to have big consequences on Wolverine or changes his status quo, but apart from that it's a really entertaining mini for now.

    I've also read War of the Realms War Scrolls and the short Wolverine story by Ram V. and Cafu was really good, perfect characterization, good dialogues, great art and a really nice ending!

    And finally the second issue of War of the Realms, it was a really entertaining issue with some fantastic art by Russel Dauterman, Logan didn't appear a lot in it, but we got a tease of the future New Avengers reunion:




    All in all a really good week for Wolverine's fans with those 3 titles, Logan was also in the last issue of Uncanny X-Men but I'm not following this series so I can't comment on it. Looking at the spoilers thread and at some reviews it seems that a lot of people didn't like this issue though.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-17-2019 at 12:33 PM.

  10. #580
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    what do you guys think is the recommended reading for the relationship between Logan and Daken?
    I like it but i'm not sure i have read everything about it.

  11. #581
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    443

    Default

    I'm not reading War of Realms because Aaron stinks but this was a very good week for Wolverine, therefore the world
    Duggan, Ram V and Rosenberg get him

  12. #582
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    The third issue of Wolverine Infinity Watch is good, even better than the first two issues. Nice pacing, good action scenes, perfect characterization and the dialogues between Logan, Loki and Bat are amazing.

    Honestly a series starring Wolverine, Loki and Bats going on cosmic adventures and writen by Duggan could be really fun, I mean seriously look at them:



    Also the art by McDonald fits the tone of Duggan's story perfectly, really good job especially during the action scenes. Only thing I'm not sure right now is if this series is going to have big consequences on Wolverine or changes his status quo, but apart from that it's a really entertaining mini for now.

    I've also read War of the Realms War Scrolls and the short Wolverine story by Ram V. and Cafu was really good, perfect characterization, good dialogues, great art and a really nice ending!

    And finally the second issue of War of the Realms, it was a really entertaining issue with some fantastic art by Russel Dauterman, Logan didn't appear a lot in it, but we got a tease of the future New Avengers reunion:




    All in all a really good week for Wolverine's fans with those 3 titles, Logan was also in the last issue of Uncanny X-Men but I'm not following this series so I can't comment on it. Looking at the spoilers thread and at some reviews it seems that a lot of people didn't like this issue though.
    Conpletly agreed, although where the hell did Bat came from?, never heard of him.

    Also, Logan did nothing of note in Uncanny X-Men, he was there and wasn't awful, that is all.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  13. #583
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    what do you guys think is the recommended reading for the relationship between Logan and Daken?
    I like it but i'm not sure i have read everything about it.
    I don't like the series (nor Daken by that matter) but Wolverine Origins by Daniel Way is the base of their relationship. BTW the series is 50 issues long (plus an annual) and Daken doesn't appear until issue 11 i think, he appears more often after issue 25 during the second half of the series.
    Last edited by TheCape; 04-17-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #584
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Conpletly agreed, although where the hell did Bat came from?, never heard of him.

    Also, Logan did nothing of note in Uncanny X-Men, he was there and wasn't awful, that is all.
    Bats is Doctor Strange's talking ghost dog created by Cates and Walta in Strange last year. He's a ghost dog and good boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  15. #585
    Mighty Member Hush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    what do you guys think is the recommended reading for the relationship between Logan and Daken?
    I like it but i'm not sure i have read everything about it.
    Not a fan of the character to be honest but as TheCape said the Wolverine Origins series is the base of their relationship (be warned though it's a really bad series in my opnion) otherwise the recommended reading regarding his relationship with Logan is something like this:

    - Wolverine Origins #1-50 + X-Men: Legacy Vol. 1 #217–218 + X-Men Original Sin one-shot + Dark Wolverine Vol.1 #85-86
    - Dark Wolverine Vol.1 #87-90 + Franken-Castle Vol.1 #19-20
    - Daken Dark Wolverine Vol.1 #1-9 + #21-23 + X-23 Vol.3 #8-9
    - Uncanny X-Force Vol.1 #25-35
    - Uncanny Avengers Vol.1 #10-22
    - Wolverine Vol.4 #1-16 (not a big role, he was mostly working behind the scenes but what he did in this story to Logan was just horrible)
    - Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy Vol 1 #5 (this issue like most of the Logan legacy issues didn't make a lot of sense though)
    - What If? Wolverine: Father Vol 1 #1 (not canon)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Conpletly agreed, although where the hell did Bat came from?, never heard of him.

    Also, Logan did nothing of note in Uncanny X-Men, he was there and wasn't awful, that is all.
    Bats is from Donny Cates' Doctor Strange run as Snoop Dogg said, this dog is such a funny character, maybe him and Thori should do a team up in the future

    Thanks for the Uncanny X-Men info, at least he did nothing out of character so that's something at least lol but it seems Rosenberg is still hit and miss.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-17-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •