Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I just read Wolverine: The Long Night and it was fantastic from top to bottom. Best comic I've read in a while.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    You're welcome! You know I was thinking about something, should we update the OP with a banner image (like you did in the previous thread) and a recommended list of Wolverine stories/runs and a list of key issues for the new readers who wants to learn more about the character?
    Sure. I made a link to the list of Wolverine titles you recomended TheCape .
    Do you have a picture in mind?

By the way something happened on the last page of Infinity Wars: Infinity:

spoilers:
    The Phoenix Wolverine from the future asked Loki to come with him to save the universe. The last page also said, to be continued in Infinity Watch: Wolverine
    Still while the Phoenix Wolverine appeared to look "young" on the preview art of War of the Realms, in Avengers #700 and on the cover of Infinity Watch: Wolverine #2, he's really old here similar to his appearance in Thor and during Infinity Wars. So either he changed his appearance with the Phoenix force or there is something else going on.
    end of spoilers

If you want to see the last page click on the link below:

https://comicsheatinguppictures.file...1/img_1250.jpg
    This is really strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I just read Wolverine: The Long Night and it was fantastic from top to bottom. Best comic I've read in a while.
    I agree, this was a great read. I really enjoyed it!

Did you listen to the podcast? This coverd the first episode so you wont be spoiled for upcoming issues.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 01-02-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Sure. I made a link to the list of Wolverine titles you recomended TheCape .
    Do you have a picture in mind?
    That's perfect thank you! Feel free to add any story I missed

As for the banner, maybe a picture of Logan in his brown costume like this one:

Or the picture you used in the previous thread or any picture of Wolverine you like, I trust you on this one

This is really strange!
    Yeah I'm really confused right now.

BANNED

Just finished Wolverine:The Long Night and I liked it.
    Hence this is an podcast adaptation there is a lot of narration as we follow Agent Pierce and Agent Marshall during their investigation. But the creative team managed to keep the quality during the transition from podcast to comic adaptation. Of course Percy had to tweek and shorten the dialoge and had to rearrange some scenes, but he kept a lot from the podcast.
    While the podcast's awesomeness came from the stunning voice acting and sound installation, Marcio Takara (pencils) and Matt Milla (on colours) did a stunning work here. The art is beautifull. And there is great graphic storytelling. I wish we could get such quality for an ongoing!
    I think this was a great start!
    Well I have just read the Long Night #1 issue . The art wasn't that great but Takara serviced the way we need to see Wolverine in a Western Theme . It seems like Percy tried to keep the comic adaptation on par with the podcast's western theme and he actually did it pretty much well . The art got enticing when Logan was introduced . It looked like Takara want to keep the fear and cliffhanger among the readers and those federal officers who were investigating those murders as it seems , like Millar did on that single issue where he was imprisoned on those concentration in terms of art . Well I haven't heard all the podcast therefore the cliffhanger remains for me unlike others lol .

BANNED

You're welcome! You know I was thinking about something, should we update the OP with a banner image (like you did in the previous thread) and a recommended list of Wolverine stories/runs and a list of key issues for the new readers who wants to learn more about the character?

I was thinking about what Logan said during DOW, that he was in Nagasaki when the Atomic bomb was dropped:

Maybe that's what happened during the Vigil?

I don't remember any story with Logan being in Nagasaki during WWII (apart from the Wolverine movie), but according to the "Logan" story by Vaughan he was in Hiroshima with Atsuko when the first Atomic Bomb was dropped. So either Logan survived the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and three days later the atomic bombing of Nagasaki (which is kind of crazy) or Soule is going to retcon the previous story with Atsuko.

But I agree with you, to be honest if the revelation in ROW #4 and the ending of ROW #5 are terrible, I think I'm done with Wolverine or any comics published by the X-Office for a while.
    Hmmm I never thought about that . So it seems like Logan will through the roller coaster all over again . I mean do u think they are going to retcon that story line ? I thought Vaughan did a good job describing that story .

I don't think we should blame all on Soule for those reasons due which Logan's return is turning out to be terrible . I mean it's more or less felt like the change of art into rather inferior , delay of issues and how Soule came to portray Logan's character in comics as amnesic Wolverine , which was even foreshadowed by those hot claws and the mystery behind Logan's return all happened due to Marvel Editorial(X-Offices) . I mean they just wanted attract attention of the fellow audience by not only belonging Logan's return but also publicizing those claws and the mystery of Logan's return . Seemingly it felt like they don't want to write Wolverine from the time when ANAD started . Soule's storytelling and characterization was actually kinda of good during DOW. . Better than Cornelverine least lol . Like how fought those thugs during one of the DOW issues(just like old times lol) and Kitty's as well as Sabretooth's appearance make it felt Soule serviced a Wolverine arc .I mean it wasn't great as it seems to be due to art but still .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I saw Wolverine was in Classic X-Men, being invited to join the X-Men and wasted no time in flirting with Jean Grey after they saved her from Krakoa.

Then, of course, there's the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man cartoon and all the promotional artwork from that era. That said I don't know him much beside his most familiar personality of being a small hairy ball of berserker with a soft center.

My favorite story was when he hung out with Nightcrawler the first year they met. He challenged Kurt to be comfortable with his own skin, making him walk around the city without his image inducer, and ready to gut the people who insults him.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Hmmm I never thought about that . So it seems like Logan will through the roller coaster all over again . I mean do u think they are going to retcon that story line ? I thought Vaughan did a good job describing that story .

I don't think we should blame all on Soule for those reasons due which Logan's return is turning out to be terrible . I mean it's more or less felt like the change of art into rather inferior , delay of issues and how Soule came to portray Logan's character in comics as amnesic Wolverine , which was even foreshadowed by those hot claws and the mystery behind Logan's return all happened due to Marvel Editorial(X-Offices) . I mean they just wanted attract attention of the fellow audience by not only belonging Logan's return but also publicizing those claws and the mystery of Logan's return . Seemingly it felt like they don't want to write Wolverine from the time when ANAD started . Soule's storytelling and characterization was actually kinda of good during DOW. . Better than Cornelverine least lol . Like how fought those thugs during one of the DOW issues(just like old times lol) and Kitty's as well as Sabretooth's appearance make it felt Soule serviced a Wolverine arc .I mean it wasn't great as it seems to be due to art but still .
    I thought DOW was solid. ROW, on the other hand, not so much. When we first saw Wolverine again, in that Hunt for Wolverine one shot, I was convinced that it was not the real Wolverine but rather some sort of mindless clone, like X-24 in the ‘Logan’ film.

I actually thought that would’ve been cool, and then the real Logan does return but he’s diminished somehow. Healing factor isn’t what it used to be, maybe the hot claws thing which doesn’t allow him to use his claws for too long without heating up, whatever. Some sort of limitation. Because I always prefer Logan when he’s at a disadvantage and has to just beat the other guy by being tougher and meaner. Maybe that comes from reading all those old Claremont/Buscema issues from the 80s. Or the Larry Hama run after Fatal Attractions when he had no healing factor and bone claws.

I agree, this was a great read. I really enjoyed it!

Did you listen to the podcast? This coverd the first episode so you wont be spoiled for upcoming issues.
    I haven't listened to it, but after this first issue I'm going to. Especially since it's free now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought DOW was solid. ROW, on the other hand, not so much. When we first saw Wolverine again, in that Hunt for Wolverine one shot, I was convinced that it was not the real Wolverine but rather some sort of mindless clone, like X-24 in the ‘Logan’ film.

I actually thought that would’ve been cool, and then the real Logan does return but he’s diminished somehow. Healing factor isn’t what it used to be, maybe the hot claws thing which doesn’t allow him to use his claws for too long without heating up, whatever. Some sort of limitation. Because I always prefer Logan when he’s at a disadvantage and has to just beat the other guy by being tougher and meaner. Maybe that comes from reading all those old Claremont/Buscema issues from the 80s. Or the Larry Hama run after Fatal Attractions when he had no healing factor and bone claws.
    It's true that after Fatal Attractions , Logan has gotten weaker due to low HF and bone claws but it's also true that he left X-Men . Therefore I don't see that happening for now. Tbh it would have been better if OML would have remained as the main protagonist rather than bringing back Wolverine . Wolverine's current status quo is so much messed up right now that I don't see anything good will happen to Logan . If they really wanted to bring Wolverine so soon then there was no need to for dragging OML through this universe by lazy writing and give him generic form of status quo. Bringing OML to 616 universe would have been very refreshing to generalize new ideas and concepts for Wolverine and seemingly though Marvel were trying to do that through Lemire's run . Like u said OML's weakness could have made him tougher . But in the end it's Marvel . Anything to them is momentary , especially for Wolverine given what they just wanted this "$" by his popularity.

BANNED

Wolverine and Psylocke by Jim Lee

Astonishing Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsLjzyFh2NF/?hl=en

rob liefeld teases something

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    It's the crossover event he teased a year ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    if it is, I guess Wolvie is gonna be in brown for a while. I pefer yellow blue stripes if you bringing back 90s costume since thats what he wore in the animated series and majority of the 90s. but I understand why alot of people pefer brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Man, I hope so. That means not only is Logan back in the brown and tan, but dumbass "Kid Cable" isn't sticking around. Whoo-hoo!!!