Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

@Hush

I'm optimist lol. I think 2025 should end the new "phase" (not sure if they're still using this term) of MCU movies and their new trilogies (Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, GOTG,etc...) maybe introducing the FF into the mix and both the New Avengers and young Avengers so no place for the X-Men lol.

Then you have the whole Disney plus thing, that they can use to give more background to several X-Men characters if they want instead of doing a big movie for each of them but yeah not sure if they're going to use the O5 but maybe a mix of the O5 and the Ultimate X-Men team similar to what they did with the Avengers. But one thing for sure, it will be quite some time before Logan's appearance in the MCU lol.

Since we worked out a time frame for his appearance, when and how should they introduce Logan?
    I suggested adding him 5 years after the X1 reboot, to be frank i'm mostly indifferent as to when they add him, that being after, in between or before X1, but more of how he gets added, I'd prefer a Captain America I/WW type movie that's set far in the past, portraying him more as a heroic force of nature perhaps being a counterpart to Sabretooth on the opposite end.

Believe it or not, I'd have them go more akin to Tyler Mane's Sabretooth, but cut out the goofiness and replace it with horror tropey stuff, like fullbody/half body undershots in shadow, slower build ups with arm/hand or back to the camera shots. You can throw in some cannibalism in there too i guess lol. Make him like The Terminator or The Beast (Split) and do something with his eyes, have them glow or something, maybe add an extra foot to his height.

Somehow have the room shake when he lumbers around, considering he is 380 with Adamantium, adding another foot to him could make my suggestion more feasible. He'd be getting to AA Killer Croc or RE2 Mr X levels of absurdity, plus them doing that would make it harder for Creed to be anything but a pure villain, could really stunt his growth later on.

While cleaning up Wolverine's Rogues gallery list, I had his love interests complied, did this a while back on CV, since that was a few years ago, Wolverine has bumped into a few more ladies along the way. List is limited to 616 stuff, one night stands and unrequited loves (both ways). Anyone feel free to correct and add in.

Wolverine's love interests

Mystique (Mutant) has a kid with
    Jean (Mutant)
    Storm (Mutant)
    Snowbird (Mutant)
    Persephone (Mutant)
    Native (Mutant) dead
    Dazzler (Mutant)
    Domino (Mutant)
    Black Cat (Human)
    Melita Garner (Human)
    Yukio (Human)
    Mariko Yashida (Human) ex fiancee
    Silver Fox (Human) dead
    Itsu (Human) dead, ex wife, has a kid with
    Rose O Hara (Human) dead
    Atsuko (Human) dead
    Seraph (Human)
    Charlemagne (Human) dead
    Black Dragon (Human)
    The 5 unknown women he had kids with in Aaron's run (Human)
    Tyger Tyger (Human)
    Cassie Lathrop (Human) dead
    Gahck (Human) has a kid with
    Sylvie (Human) dead, has a kid with
    Viper (Mutate) ex wife
    Pink Lady (Mutate)
    Carol Danvers (Mutate)
    Squirrel Girl (Mutate) was underage I believe lol
    Amir (Atlantean) dead

8 Mutants
    21 Humans
    4 Mutates
    1 Atlantean

8 of which are still dead, 11 have died
    Killed 4 of them (Jean, Mystique, Rose, Mariko)

Can anyone tell me if Raze is part of the 616 universe, i don't believe he is plus i'm slightly unsure on Carol Danvers and Black Cat, i think the latter was involved with Logan in CLAWS, but i can't really remember to what extent and if that was in the 616.
    Wolverine Acts of Evil solicits is suggesting another potential love interest.

So a question to all, who'd think Wolverine will be with next, excluding AOE, in a another short lived tragic relationship with a human or perhaps a long lived one with a mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Since coming back, has Wolverine's prior relationship with Storm been brought up and/or mentioned?
    Think I recall Storm bickering to Jean in ROW that Logan is always involved with a women when referring to his feud with Persephone, so it seems she isn't on good terms with him lol
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-18-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Lol. Wolverine in Amazing Spider-Man #161:

Attachment 83413
    Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Wolverine The Lost Trail will be released on free podcast on 8. July
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=68915977

Some tease about weapon plus one shot:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...160891392?s=09
    https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...s-plus-program
    Intriguing teaser, although I hope the last paragraph is not a reference to that horrible Original Sin story by Way and Carey lol. Thinking about it, it could also be a reference to Wolverine #145 or Wolverine #162 I guess we'll see soon!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, for some time it was the only Marvel ongoing in my list, i tried a lot of the Post-Secret Wars relaunch, but they weren't able to hold my interest for very long.
    Yeah same thing for me, I mean I enjoyed Silver Surfer, Vision, Deadpool, Ultimates and Uncanny Avengers (ironically the best X-Men book in years lol) but Old Man Logan was my favorite title from the ANAD era, it made me interested in reading Wolverine again.

Man, that Alex Ross art...

Also, nice cover, is good to see Logan in an updated version of the brown costume, i hope that Hickman show off his Metal Gear Skills.

Lol I hope so, as long as there is no nanomachines or wolbachia involved it should be fun:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Final Acts of Evil tie-in features Wolverine facing off against Morgan le Fay!

WOLVERINE ANNUAL #1

Written by JODY HOUSER
    Art by GERALDO BORGES
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN

"Finally, it’s berserker strength vs. magical mayhem, as Wolverine takes on sorceress Morgan le Fay…in 1930s Hollywood!"
    Now that sounds interesting! Nice cover!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Another look at Logan’s new uniform from the most recent house of X video.

Attachment 83534
    Thanks, I'm really digging this costume!
    Last edited by Hush; 06-19-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Happy fathers day!!
    What do you think are Logan's best fatherly moments?
    That's a good question, I think his father/Daughter relationships with Jubilee and Amiko were amazing in the past and it's a shame a lot of writers forgot about them in recent years. Outside of the great stories with both of them mentioned by TheCape I think one of my favorite is from the Wolverine Annual #1996. During this story, Yukio calls Logan to tell him that Amiko ran away and is missing. Logan discovers that she's heading to the Golden Temple, a place she used to go with her mother when she was a little kid.

Logan quickly finds her, he then decides to disguise himself as a crazy old beggar to hide his identity and joins her in her journey towards the Golden Temple. During their journey, Logan gives her several advices, he learns a lot about her and he witnesses how brave Amiko really is.

Unfortunately, once at the Golden Temple, Amiko discovers that the place is in ruins and as result she is heartbroken. Logan learns that the whole point of her journey to this place was because this temple is a special place according to her deceased mother, a place where she believes that the "good samurai" that saved her when her mother died must live.

Basically Amiko started this whole journey because she was missing Logan or like she calls him "the good samurai". As she was losing hope, Logan finally reveals his real identity:

I've always loved this scene and this short story, Amiko is a character that hasn't been used in a long time and it's a shame because the father/daughter relationship between her and Logan was perfect in the past. At least she's going to appear during the Exit Wounds one shot so that's a good start!

Same thing with Jubilee, both her and Wolverine were amazing together in the past, and even if he's not our Logan I have to admit the meeting between Old Man Logan and Jubilee was so nice during the Old Man Logan ongoing:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That's a good question, I think his father/Daughter relationships with Jubilee and Amiko were amazing in the past and it's a shame a lot of writers forgot about them in recent years. Outside of the great stories with both of them mentioned by TheCape I think one of my favorite is from the Wolverine Annual #1996. During this story, Yukio calls Logan to tell him that Amiko ran away and is missing. Logan discovers that she's heading to the Golden Temple, a place she used to go with her mother when she was a little kid.

Logan quickly finds her, he then decides to disguise himself as a crazy old beggar to hide his identity and joins her in her journey towards the Golden Temple. During their journey, Logan gives her several advices, he learns a lot about her and he witnesses how brave Amiko really is.

Unfortunately, once at the Golden Temple, Amiko discovers that the place is in ruins and as result she is heartbroken. Logan learns that the whole point of her journey to this place was because this temple is a special place according to her deceased mother, a place where she believes that the "good samurai" that saved her when her mother died must live.

Basically Amiko started this whole journey because she was missing Logan or like she calls him "the good samurai". As she was losing hope, Logan finally reveals his real identity:

I've always loved this scene and this short story, Amiko is a character that hasn't been used in a long time and it's a shame because the father/daughter relationship between her and Logan was perfect in the past. At least she's going to appear during the Exit Wounds one shot so that's a good start!

Same thing with Jubilee, both her and Wolverine were amazing together in the past, and even if he's not our Logan I have to admit the meeting between Old Man Logan and Jubilee was so nice during the Old Man Logan ongoing:

That's a pretty awesome post, now i had to read that Wolverine annual, because is actually the first time that i hear about it lol. Thanks for the summary.

I also enjoyed the interactions between Old Man Logan and Jubille especially at the end of the vampire arc with Shogo.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Since we worked out a time frame for his appearance, when and how should they introduce Logan?
    I suggested adding him 5 years after the X1 reboot, to be frank i'm mostly indifferent as to when they add him, that being after, in between or before X1, but more of how he gets added, I'd prefer a Captain America I/WW type movie that's set far in the past, portraying him more as a heroic force of nature perhaps being a counterpart to Sabretooth on the opposite end.
    Not having Wolverine in the first X-Men movie but teasing him in the credit scene could work but I could see the first Wolverine movie being set either in between or before X1 like you said.

Regarding the Wolverine movie itself, I think a similar setup to the Long Night could be interesting in my opinion, with the story taking place in the present some time after the Weapon X project with Logan on his own dealing with his feral nature and being pursued by the Weapon X project and/or one of his most memorable foe that has a big connection to his past and who hasn't been used in the Fox movies (Wendigo, Omega Red (it was just a cameo in deadpool, Ogun, etc...) As the movie progress we would learn several things about him, his name, his codename, his powers, the nature of the adamantium and bribes of his past (the Weapon X experiment, the Hudson finding him, his memories as a soldier, as a spy, as a samurai, the connections with Captain America, etc...).

Although I wouldn't be against a movie set in the past, I would prefer for Logan's past and origins to be a mystery for some time in the MCU and to be different from the comics in order to keep the whole mysterious past aspect of the character intact. Now if the MCU could adapt Uncanny X-Men #268, I would be more than happy lol.

I think your idea of having Logan fighting Creed though the years and the two characters being the two faces of the same coin is really interesting and it could work well on screen. Now it's just my opinion, but I wouldn't use Sabretooth in the first movie but just tease him as the big threat that's going to make Logan's life a living hell in the future movies.

Believe it or not, I'd have them go more akin to Tyler Mane's Sabretooth, but cut out the goofiness and replace it with horror tropey stuff, like fullbody/half body undershots in shadow, slower build ups with arm/hand or back to the camera shots. You can throw in some cannibalism in there too i guess lol. Make him like The Terminator or The Beast (Split) and do something with his eyes, have them glow or something, maybe add an extra foot to his height.

Somehow have the room shake when he lumbers around, considering he is 380 with Adamantium, adding another foot to him could make my suggestion more feasible. He'd be getting to AA Killer Croc or RE2 Mr X levels of absurdity, plus them doing that would make it harder for Creed to be anything but a pure villain, could really stunt his growth later on.
    True, they need to really make Sabretooth frightening, but he also need to have some charisma and most importantly they need an actor who can act lol. But yeah he needs to be big but no too much but bigger than Logan at least lol.

While cleaning up Wolverine's Rogues gallery list, I had his love interests complied, did this a while back on CV, since that was a few years ago, Wolverine has bumped into a few more ladies along the way. List is limited to 616 stuff, one night stands and unrequited loves (both ways). Anyone feel free to correct and add in.

Wolverine's love interests

Mystique (Mutant) has a kid with
    Jean (Mutant)
    Storm (Mutant)
    Snowbird (Mutant)
    Persephone (Mutant)
    Native (Mutant) dead
    Dazzler (Mutant)
    Domino (Mutant)
    Black Cat (Human)
    Melita Garner (Human)
    Yukio (Human)
    Mariko Yashida (Human) ex fiancee
    Silver Fox (Human) dead
    Itsu (Human) dead, ex wife, has a kid with
    Rose O Hara (Human) dead
    Atsuko (Human) dead
    Seraph (Human)
    Charlemagne (Human) dead
    Black Dragon (Human)
    The 5 unknown women he had kids with in Aaron's run (Human)
    Tyger Tyger (Human)
    Cassie Lathrop (Human) dead
    Gahck (Human) has a kid with
    Sylvie (Human) dead, has a kid with
    Viper (Mutate) ex wife
    Pink Lady (Mutate)
    Carol Danvers (Mutate)
    Squirrel Girl (Mutate) was underage I believe lol
    Amir (Atlantean) dead

8 Mutants
    21 Humans
    4 Mutates
    1 Atlantean

8 of which are still dead, 11 have died
    Killed 4 of them (Jean, Mystique, Rose, Mariko)
    I think you've listed most of them, that's impressive congrats! Regardin Doreen, it was implied that nothing happened between her and Logan in the letter pages of Unbeatable Squirrel girl because this whole relationship is disgusting, what the hell was Bendis thinking when he wrote this.

There is Remus too, but honestly I think everyone is trying to forget about her lol. AOA Jean and 616 Logan hooked up during Uncanny X-Force.

Clara Creed from Origin II, Molly Barker from Savage Wolverine #20 (killed by Creed if I remember well) and it was heavily implied that Logan and Elektra did more than fighting together during the Dark Reign Elektra mini.

Not sure if Viper counts but they were married for a while, the mother of Gunhawk (one of the mongrel) was named Dolores Downing.

Can anyone tell me if Raze is part of the 616 universe, i don't believe he is plus i'm slightly unsure on Carol Danvers and Black Cat, i think the latter was involved with Logan in CLAWS, but i can't really remember to what extent and if that was in the 616.
    Wolverine Acts of Evil solicits is suggesting another potential love interest.

So a question to all, who'd think Wolverine will be with next, excluding AOE, in a another short lived tragic relationship with a human or perhaps a long lived one with a mutant?l
    According to Raze, he was already born in the present before coming back in time, so if he wasn't lying a baby raze is present right now in the 616 universe unfortunately lol.

Regarding Black Cat and Wolverine, they had some fun time during the second CLAWS mini that's for sure:

And yeah I think this story is supposed to be in continuity.

Regarding his new love interest, I'm not sure either a new character not part of the X-Men similar to Melita during the Aaron's run or maybe the resurrected Mariko. She's a badass samurai warrior now, I could see them going on a road trip destroying ninja left and right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's a pretty awesome post, now i had to read that Wolverine annual, because is actually the first time that i hear about it lol. Thanks for the summary.

I also enjoyed the interactions between Old Man Logan and Jubille especially at the end of the vampire arc with Shogo.
    Thank you It's a really underrated story, I hope you will enjoy it!

So true! The interactions between OML, Jubilee and Shogo were amazing especially at the end. Also I have to admit seeing Logan telling a sentinel to babysit Shogo was funny lol.

Editing....
    10char

'Not having Wolverine in the first X-Men movie but teasing him in the credit scene could work but I could see the first Wolverine movie being set either in between or before X1 like you said.

Regarding the Wolverine movie itself, I think a similar setup to the Long Night could be interesting in my opinion, with the story taking place in the present some time after the Weapon X project with Logan on his own dealing with his feral nature and being pursued by the Weapon X project and/or one of his most memorable foe that has a big connection to his past and who hasn't been used in the Fox movies (Wendigo, Omega Red (it was just a cameo in deadpool, Ogun, etc...) As the movie progress we would learn several things about him, his name, his codename, his powers, the nature of the adamantium and bribes of his past (the Weapon X experiment, the Hudson finding him, his memories as a soldier, as a spy, as a samurai, the connections with Captain America, etc...).'

Exploring different options to my more horror oriented Wolverine movie, having him a familiar situation where he is on the run could work too, Wolverine Origins left a bad taste in my mouth when it came to WX, unless anyone has the guts to make it more like Tieri's Weapon X, i'd rather it be left hanging. But yeah having his rogues hunting him while he discovers himself would be something i'll be down for.

'Although I wouldn't be against a movie set in the past, I would prefer for Logan's past and origins to be a mystery for some time in the MCU and to be different from the comics in order to keep the whole mysterious past aspect of the character intact. Now if the MCU could adapt Uncanny X-Men #268, I would be more than happy lol.'

'I think your idea of having Logan fighting Creed though the years and the two characters being the two faces of the same coin is really interesting and it could work well on screen. Now it's just my opinion, but I wouldn't use Sabretooth in the first movie but just tease him as the big threat that's going to make Logan's life a living hell in the future movies.'

lol using him in the background like Romulus. Pacing Sabretooth is ultimately what's important to me, having him look utterly ridiculous like Mane's Sabretooth or cheap and awkward like Schreibers is something i'd want to stray away from.

'True, they need to really make Sabretooth frightening, but he also need to have some charisma and most importantly they need an actor who can act lol. But yeah he needs to be big but no too much but bigger than Logan at least lol. '

I guess having him balanced with charisma would make him pretty future proof for other stories and ideas, i was thinking pretty over the top with my horror bias, but all i want is him not to be like the other portrays of Sabretooth. Lord i'd rather them make Sabretooth CGI than hire anyone like the other two lol

'I think you've listed most of them, that's impressive congrats! Regardin Doreen, it was implied that nothing happened between her and Logan in the letter pages of Unbeatable Squirrel girl because this whole relationship is disgusting, what the hell was Bendis thinking when he wrote this.'

lol the person currently writing SQ must of known his younger readers would eventually stubble over her controversial relationship with Logan at some point. By the way, what the hell could that writer do to retcon that they were practically in heat lol, instead of erasing their relationship, just retcon her to being 18, think she was around 16-17 around New Avengers.

'There is Remus too, but honestly I think everyone is trying to forget about her lol. AOA Jean and 616 Logan hooked up during Uncanny X-Force.'

I'll add them, thanks.
    Oh yeah, isn't he somehow related to her, could be wrong on that.

'Clara Creed from Origin II, Molly Barker from Savage Wolverine #20 (killed by Creed if I remember well) and it was heavily implied that Logan and Elektra did more than fighting together during the Dark Reign Elektra mini.'

With Elektra out the equation, it's only Psylocke i'm surprised he hasn't done anything with now. So many relations between the two unlike Fantomex lol never will understand that.

'Not sure if Viper counts but they were married for a while, the mother of Gunhawk (one of the mongrel) was named Dolores Downing.'

I had Viper and listed The Mongrels down in a group, but thanks for the mention.

'According to Raze, he was already born in the present before coming back in time, so if he wasn't lying a baby raze is present right now in the 616 universe unfortunately lol.

Regarding Black Cat and Wolverine, they had some fun time during the second CLAWS mini that's for sure:

And yeah I think this story is supposed to be in continuity.'

Alright, nice. Since I've confirmed it with you, we have someone Daken can fight over to be the worst son in Marvel history.

'Regarding his new love interest, I'm not sure either a new character not part of the X-Men similar to Melita during the Aaron's run or maybe the resurrected Mariko. She's a badass samurai warrior now, I could see them going on a road trip destroying ninja left and right lol'

Well not with her current attitude though, seems like she hates Logan now and laments the fact that he ever involved her into his superheroics, Brisson pretty much closed her doors. If he doesn't change that soon, i can see her drifting in Limbo indefinitely as Hickman is giving his new characters and favourites all the panel time.

Looking more closely at all this Hickman stuff, i really believe he doesn't have a tight grip around Logan, just the X-Men franchise. Even though he cancelled every X book on the line, Wolverine books keep leaking through, hope that doesn't push him away from using Logan in innovative ways since he's getting passed around the block so often he'll bump heads into Spiderman eventually lol
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-18-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: How do you quote in this?!

I always like Logan and Armor as the father/daughter combo in Astonishing as well. I also think Armor has a ton of potential as a character and it's a shame she's not used more often.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Happy fathers day!!
    What do you think are Logan's best fatherly moments?
    I'm little late. (As usual) :P

My favorite has to be Wolverine: Xisle.

I really like the mystery behind it. Also, the story plays with the whole "What would other people think if your Dad is a mutant."

How do you quote in this?!
    If you just want to quote a single post just click on "Reply With Quote" button, if you want to quote several posts click on the Multi quote symbol (next to "the reply with Quote" option) of all the posts you want to quote then click on "Reply to thread" (yellow button at the bottom of the page)

Now if you want to quote several things manually, add ["QUOTE"] (without the quotations marks) at the start of the text you want to quote and then [/QUOTE] at the end of it.

Ex: ["QUOTE"](without the quotation marks)How do you quote in this?![/QUOTE]

Exploring different options to my more horror oriented Wolverine movie, having him a familiar situation where he is on the run could work too, Wolverine Origins left a bad taste in my mouth when it came to WX, unless anyone has the guts to make it more like Tieri's Weapon X, i'd rather it be left hanging. But yeah having his rogues hunting him while he discovers himself would be something i'll be down for.
    I agree they really messed up Weapon X during Origins, that whole thing about Logan being a volunteer for the surgery just to have his revenge on Sabretooth was so dumb and a complete misunderstanding of the original material by BWS but to be honest they messed up everything during this movie lol. Similar to Tieri, the Weapon Plus version by Morrison or to the original story by BWS would be ideal.

lol using him in the background like Romulus. Pacing Sabretooth is ultimately what's important to me, having him look utterly ridiculous like Mane's Sabretooth or cheap and awkward like Schreibers is something i'd want to stray away from.
    Lmao Romulus, but yeah I was thinking more like how Creed was portrayed during the "Logan Files" story as this criminal mastermind who just work behind the scenes to mess with Logan:

I guess having him balanced with charisma would make him pretty future proof for other stories and ideas, i was thinking pretty over the top with my horror bias, but all i want is him not to be like the other portrays of Sabretooth. Lord i'd rather them make Sabretooth CGI than hire anyone like the other two lol.
    Horror could work with Sabretooth for sure, but yeah he should be different than than how he was portrayed in X1 and Origins. But yeah a little bit of CGI wouldn't bother me as long as Creed is frightening and badass.

lol the person currently writing SQ must of known his younger readers would eventually stubble over her controversial relationship with Logan at some point. By the way, what the hell could that writer do to retcon that they were practically in heat lol, instead of erasing their relationship, just retcon her to being 18, think she was around 16-17 around New Avengers.
    Yeah can't blame the writer and editors, I'm sure they could find a way to retcon it. Either one of them was a skrull or someone like the enchantress or some crazy wizard was messing with the two of them on that day lol.

I'll add them, thanks.
    Oh yeah, isn't he somehow related to her, could be wrong on that.
    No problem, she's the twin sister of Romulus.

With Elektra out the equation, it's only Psylocke i'm surprised he hasn't done anything with now. So many relations between the two unlike Fantomex lol never will understand that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if something happened between them in the past lol, if I'm not mistaken the future Wolverine and Psylocke that appeared during Uncanny X-Force were a couple. Not sure what's going to happen with Kwannon now though, especially after what happened between Mastuo and Logan in the past.

I had Viper and listed The Mongrels down in a group, but thanks for the mention.
    Oops, my bad lol.

Alright, nice. Since I've confirmed it with you, we have someone Daken can fight over to be the worst son in Marvel history.
    True lol.

Well not with her current attitude though, seems like she hates Logan now and laments the fact that he ever involved her into his superheroics, Brisson pretty much closed her doors. If he doesn't change that soon, i can see her drifting in Limbo indefinitely as Hickman is giving his new characters and favourites all the panel time.
    I'm sure she'll change her mind one day lol, but seriously if Marvel brought her back just to have her drift in Limbo that would be disappointing to be honest.

Looking more closely at all this Hickman stuff, i really believe he doesn't have a tight grip around Logan, just the X-Men franchise. Even though he cancelled every X book on the line, Wolverine books keep leaking through, hope that doesn't push him away from using Logan in innovative ways since he's getting passed around the block so often he'll bump heads into Spiderman eventually lol
    Regarding Hickman I guess time will tell, he didn't write Wolverine a lot in the past but most of the time he got Logan's voice right, so who knows maybe he's going to surprise us. But yeah not sure which characters are going to play a big role during HOX/POX, one thing for sure they need a clear direction for Wolverine, something that makes sense and something interesting.

I guess the Weapon Plus one shot will show us what are the X-Office plans for the character, I just hope they won't mess up Wolverine backstory this time around.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-19-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Cover of Exit Wounds with the old Wolverine corner box from the late 90s:

Variant cover by Becky Cloonan:

And an advert for the Weapon Plus one shot:

So the last issue of Wolverine Infinity Watch was released today and it finished the Infinity saga that started way back in 2017 during the Legacy one shot with the return of "Wolverine", I have to admit this last issue was disappointing and the whole mini while being entertaining and having some really great moments with Loki, Logan and Bats feels like a big missed opportunity.

When this cosmic Wolverine saga was announced I was expecting something much more epic, something like Thanos quest with Logan & Loki travelling through the universe and searching for the new wielders of each stones, facing cosmic threats and forming a new Infinity Watch in order to defeat a new unstopable foe or something, something epic and big in scope which would have had big consequences on each character. In the end the story only focused on one wielder and well Hector is not the most interesting character I've ever seen that's for sure lol.

Regarding the issue itself, Logan didn't have a big role the focus of this issue was Hector especially during the first half of the issue and as result it was kind of boring in my opinion. The final fight with Warbringer and the resolution of the plotlines with the raptors and Hector were rushed, but at least Duggan finished the Loki/Infinity stones and King Thor plotlines properly. Poor Logan though, seeing him so helpless and so in denial regarding the X-Men "death" was sad.

So if you enjoy Duggan's Infinity saga you will surely enjoy this mini, there is a big revelation regarding the nature of the Infinity stones and Loki role during this saga, if you're a Loki fan there is a big revelation regarding Loki's role during Infinity Countdown/Wars and a confirmation of something several people suspected regarding a scene from WOTR so it's kind of interesting. But if you're Wolverine fan, well he's writen well and there are some great moments with him during this mini but in the end don't expect anything groundbreaking.

At least we're up-to-date with Wolvie now, we can move on and put this whole Infinity/Return saga behind us once and for all!

In other news, Marvel just announced Marvel Comics #1001:

This September, the mighty magic of MARVEL COMICS #1000 continues with MARVEL COMICS #1001!

The 80th anniversary celebration continues with this magnificent mag as the oversized story from issue #1000 spills over into another super secret and remarkably revelatory tale. Featuring more insights about the Eternity Mask and the person who wears it, this ish features work from some of Marvel's most beloved creators...

Deep breath, True Believers—Al Ewing, Nick Spencer, G. Willow Wilson, Scott Aukerman, ACO, Brian Posehn, Howard Chaykin, Vita Ayala, Humberto Ramos, Audrey Loeb, Dario Brizuela, Ann Nocenti, Kim Jacinto, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Declan Shalvey, Kaare Andrews, Amy Reeder, Natacha Bustos, Frank Tieri, Dan Panosian, André Lima Araújo, Bill Morrison, Trina Robbins, Marc Guggenheim, and more are set to contribute to one of the most momentous individual issues in the history of the hallowed halls of the House of Ideas! Phew!

source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...el-comics-1001

Now if you want to quote several things manually, add ["QUOTE"] (without the quotations marks) at the start of the text you want to quote and then at the end of it.
    Thanks, i was more or less looking for the code on how to do it.

Not sure what's going to happen with Kwannon now though, especially after what happened between Mastuo and Logan in the past.
    Sort of bummed, she seems to be in a blank state at the moment, don't know why Logan and her are pairing up so nonchalantly too considering their history.

I guess the Weapon Plus one shot will show us what are the X-Office plans for the character, I just hope they won't mess up Wolverine backstory this time around.
    Yeah, seeing how they've made a new title and font for the one shot, you can pretty much bet on there being more Weapon Plus titles in the future. As for adding more to Wolverine's WX backstory, i dunno, i'd rather they patch it up and close plot holes than delve into more stuff.

This September, the mighty magic of MARVEL COMICS #1000 continues with MARVEL COMICS #1001!
    Heard that one artist/writer is getting a page each, so i'll temper my expectations that Wolverine will only get one too, but that's one more than most X characters so i can't really complain lol wonder if 1001 will be the same or will it have a story, it being like DC Rebirth would be nice and might get me to buy it, but so far it seems more like those little mini promotional comic stories you can at the back of cereal boxes.

Also wanna say that W:IW bummed me out, book was pretty much a character arc for Hector, final fight with that massive alien guy was lack luster, art was mediocre throughout, makes me wanna avoid tie books more so now. Unless something Wolverine related comes out next week, will probably will have to wait a while till he's in another book as Uncanny will probably focus solely on Cyclops for a while, considering what happened in today's issue.

Thanks, i was more or less looking for the code on how to do it.
    You're welcome!

Sort of bummed, she seems to be in a blank state at the moment, don't know why Logan and her are pairing up so nonchalantly too considering their history.
    Really strange indeed, I've taken a look at the last two issues of UXM and it seems she helped Logan with his "missing memories" after what Emma Frost did to him during UXM #19 (maybe that's why he said his memories were fuzzy in UXM #11) but I'm not sure if she remembers her own past yet. I could see the two joining a new X-Force team in the future.

Yeah, seeing how they've made a new title and font for the one shot, you can pretty much bet on there being more Weapon Plus titles in the future. As for adding more to Wolverine's WX backstory, i dunno, i'd rather they patch it up and close plot holes than delve into more stuff.
    That Weapon Plus logo is great lol, I think the solicits of the one shot says "the conspiracy begins here" so maybe it's a prelude to a big maxi serie (Sacks already did two of them with Old Man Hawkeye and Old Man Quill) with each issue focusing on a certain "Weapon", it could be interesting.

But I agree cleaning up the Wolverine/Weapon Plus background should be the priority before adding anything else because right now it's a mess lol.

Heard that one artist/writer is getting a page each, so i'll temper my expectations that Wolverine will only get one too, but that's one more than most X characters so i can't really complain lol wonder if 1001 will be the same or will it have a story, it being like DC Rebirth would be nice and might get me to buy it, but so far it seems more like those little mini promotional comic stories you can at the back of cereal boxes.
    Yeah it' similar to what Marvel did recently with the Merry X-Men Holiday Special with one page for each character by a different creative team. From what I understand each page of Marvel #1000 will focus on a single year (from 1939 to the current year) and the whole thing seems to be about something called the Eternity Mask which will also be the main plot of #1001. It's supposed to be overseen by Ewing who knows Marvel continuity really well so who knows maybe something important will come out of it although I'm not expecting something as big as Rebirth though.

Also wanna say that W:IW bummed me out, book was pretty much a character arc for Hector, final fight with that massive alien guy was lack luster, art was mediocre throughout, makes me wanna avoid tie books more so now. Unless something Wolverine related comes out next week, will probably will have to wait a while till he's in another book as Uncanny will probably focus solely on Cyclops for a while, considering what happened in today's issue.
    W: IW was disappointing for Wolverine's fans and yeah the art just like the story in the last issue was rushed. At least Logan is still in Savage Avengers for now lol but yeah the quality of most of the recent Wolverine mini haven't been great unfortunately, I just hope the one shot will be better.

Regarding UXM one thing for sure after reading the last issue, the X-Men are so useless without a telepath in their ranks lol. After seeing the covers of the next two issues I wouldn't be surprised if he will be rescued by the other X-Men or escape and then makes a last stand with them against the O*N*E in the last issue until the X-Men trapped in Age of X-Man come back and help them save the day.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-20-2019 at 09:43 AM.

That Weapon Plus logo is great lol, I think the solicits of the one shot says "the conspiracy begins here" so maybe it's a prelude to a big maxi serie (Sacks already did two of them with Old Man Hawkeye and Old Man Quill) with each issue focusing on a certain "Weapon", it could be interesting.
    If Sacks does a good job here i wouldn't mind him on a WX book in the future.

Looking at W:Acts of Evil, Houser is writing it, don't know if you read her Spiderman:OMD, but she write a pretty good Wolverine there, had Logan and Jean in a relationship, they even had a daughter. It was pretty a controversial relationship on the last forum i was on. She did write Scott like a sore loser though so i can guess why some didn't like it lol

Yeah it' similar to what Marvel did recently with the Merry X-Men Holiday Special with one page for each character by a different creative team. From what I understand each page of Marvel #1000 will focus on a single year (from 1939 to the current year) and the whole thing seems to be about something called the Eternity Mask which will also be the main plot of #1001. It's supposed to be overseen by Ewing who knows Marvel continuity really well so who knows maybe something important will come out of it although I'm not expecting something as big as Rebirth though.
    Oh alright, thanks for clearing that up.

After seeing the covers of the next two issues I wouldn't be surprised if he will be rescued by the other X-Men or escape and then makes a last stand with them against the O*N*E in the last issue until the X-Men trapped in Age of X-Man come back and help them save the day.
    Yeah I can see that from a bloody mile away too lol
    With this whole run of UXM, there hasn't really been the time for the X-Men to mourn, nor will there be the time for them to celebrate a return of any sort. Hickman's book seems to be getting off to a running start, just makes death in these books utterly pointless lol death now seems like a cop out for doing anything really controversial to a character. For a series that focuses on drama, things are really stagnant and dry at the moment. But hey X-Static is coming back, considering your profile picture, you'll be getting it. That book holds none of its punches lol

I could see the two joining a new X-Force team in the future.
    I'd be down for that, starting off from Wolverine's first X-Force team, i can pretty much only read his X-Force lead books, couldn't get into any of the Cable stuff.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-20-2019 at 12:49 PM.