Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

I was going to be annoyed if no Wolverine solo was announced. However, the evidence of a real plan for the line going forward has squashed that feeling.

I’d rather wait longer for a solid premise and a top creative team than the underwhelming minis with lack luster creative teams we’ve gotten. Marvel should be writing the Wolverine Solo right now so they could have McNivens actually draw an entire opening arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    100% percent agree with you but X-men line has had a tendency to lean on Wolverine instead of building up characters at times. I agree with that Wolverine should have a solo but I see the overall bigger plan normally X-men would have 2 main titles they also passed on that well. To me it suggests that they understand they need to strength line overall instead of leaning multiple books with same characters in them. That said I will be shocked if Wolverine solo(and X-23 solo) isn't in wave 2.
    Well let's hope they won't add him to a book just to boost sales and nothing else, like it happened in the past. The lack of a second main X-Men title is surprising for sure, I was expecting an "Illuminati" sort of books with Xavier, Magneto and other important mutants but who knows maybe in the second wave.

For now, I'm taking a break from the X-Books until next year and the launch of the second wave books (especially X-Cellent & maybe the Wolverine solo ongoing) and the release of the trade paperbacks for the Wave 1 series. I hope people will enjoy those new series, this new direction and that this relaunch will lead to something interesting for the mutants.

It is good to have the podcast! Finished todays episode and I really love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Putting the X-line first I can understand, but Logan always had his own solo series since 1988, he's his own franchise he could have easily been put on X-Force and his own solo series and I don't think it would take any focus away from the X-line or stop Hickman from restoring it to its glory.

Just speaking for myself, but I would have preferred a solo ongoing instead of seeing him appear in one team book and one anthology book. Now if they want to use HOX/POX, X-Force and X-Men to strengthen the line, fix the character in order to give him a new status quo before launching the ongoing yeah I guess it could make sense.
    My thoughts, exactly! But I think you can fix a character better in an solo.

Hi GylT, nice to see you!

Just like you, I will just tradewaiting X-Force and X-Men for now (maybe Excalibur and Marauders too), I just hope the Wolverine ongoing will be part of the Wave 2 books.
    mutants.
    Thank you!
    Yes, I hope for the same..

Well let's hope they won't add him to a book just to boost sales and nothing else, like it happened in the past. The lack of a second main X-Men title is surprising for sure, I was expecting an "Illuminati" sort of books with Xavier, Magneto and other important mutants but who knows maybe in the second wave.

For now, I'm taking a break from the X-Books until next year and the launch of the second wave books (especially X-Cellent & maybe the Wolverine solo ongoing) and the release of the trade paperbacks for the Wave 1 series. I hope people will enjoy those new series, this new direction and that this relaunch will lead to something interesting for the mutants.
    Yes, I am done for now, too. I am even tradewaiting Hox, PoX now. If there will be a solid Logan solo, I will be back. But for now, I am tradewaiting and wait how this all will turn out. I am reading digitally, so it is easy to catch up quickly if needed.

Edit:
    I am reading only two ongoings monthly now, Gideon Falls by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorentino and Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing and Joe Bennett. Because they are so well done.
    And I am even not a big Hulk fan. But it is a delight to see such a well crafted story to give such an old classic character a new interpretation. And it shows me that this is possible to do so when the autor is willing to care for the character and tell a story for the characters sake and not only to use him as a tool to boost a books sale (OML was used as such too, but I dropped all team books with him quickly) or only to introduce a new pet character and so on, that is what we Logan fans got this and the last year.
    I am also tradewaiting savage avengers and if Logan is out after the first arc I am done with it, too.
    So rant is over and I move on.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 07-22-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    It is good to have the podcast! Finished todays episode and I really love it!
    Did they release episode 4?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did they release episode 4?
    Yes, they did. They release a new episode every Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Yes, they did. They release a new episode every Monday.
    Oh awesome! I've really enjoyed this one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Oh awesome! I've really enjoyed this one so far.
    The second season has been pretty awesome so far. I also like that it follows Logan not the agent this season.

Anyone else amped for the dawn of a new era tomorrow? I am. I’m pretty excited to see how the x-office proper uses Wolverine. Wonder if hot claws finally dies as a sub plot because at this point who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    The second season has been pretty awesome so far. I also like that it follows Logan not the agent this season.

Anyone else amped for the dawn of a new era tomorrow? I am. I’m pretty excited to see how the x-office proper uses Wolverine. Wonder if hot claws finally dies as a sub plot because at this point who cares.
    I haven’t been this excited for a new series in years. Also I thought hot claws was already dead, only place I see it mentioned is on this board lol.

Don’t get too excited.

spoilers:
    Wolverine is only in the two panels we saw in the preview, unfortunately. But I’m sure he’ll get some time to shine next issue, since we’re now past the world-building set up.
    end of spoilers

Neat Cover:

October is a light month for him.

It could've been interesting if they explored the other ways Logan's healing factor effected things, since half of everyone in MU has one (although most not as potent) making him have exclusive properties like it somehow transferring to metal, heating it up in the process and reviving people is an interesting start.

But i doubt it'll expand beyond that point because Soule seems to be the sort of tryhard writer that wants a pat on the back for creating something new and monumental for an established character so he can engraved in their history, doing the work of explaining ideas or developing them is alien to him.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #183 Jul 1984
    "He'll Never Make Me Cry" First appearance of Selene.
    Back from his ordeal on Battleworld and Japan, Colossus has come to bring
    the hard news to Kitty Pryde that while he was gone, he fell in love with another.
    The revelation crushes Kitty; however, she hides the hurt from him until she returns to the room she shares with Illyana.
    Both Illyana and Lockheed try to comfort her when she breaks down into tears.

Meanwhile, Storm checks on Rogue down in the Danger Room and saves her from a potentially lethal training session.
    When Storm attempts to understand what happened between her and Michael Rossi,
    Rogue only says that she is a monster, then she flees the room telling her to leave her alone.
    Upstairs, Colossus returns to the mansion and is confronted by Logan who tells Peter that the two of them
    are going to have a talk about Peter's break-up with Kitty and leave with Nightcrawler for a bar down in Manhattan.

Upstairs, Kitty confides her feelings to Storm and tells her that she is taking
    some time to visit her parents and is not sure if she will be coming back.
    While in Dallas, Texas, Raven Darkholme and Valerie Cooper are en route to see the mutant inventor named Forge.
    They begin discussion of Senator Kelly's proposed Mutant control bill.
    As they discuss the arguments about mutant registration, Raven secretly muses over what Valerie would think
    if she knew one of the many mutants who she sees as a threat is the very person driving her to Forge.

At a bar in Manhattan, Wolverine tries to get Colossus to realize that his "romance" with Zsaji
    on Battleworld was not a relationship, and the two come to odds over Peter's true feelings for Kitty.

During the conversation, Logan picks up the Juggernaut's scent and realizes that their old foe is drinking at the bar.

Not wishing for a fight to break out, Logan suggests that they leave.
    When Colossus decides to be difficult, the slightly drunk mutant stumbles and spills his drink on the Juggernaut.

Spoiling for a fight after his defeat at the hands of Spider-Man, the Juggernaut picks a fight with Colossus.
    As the fight rages, they trash the bar, but ultimately the Juggernaut wins.
    When the fight is over, the Juggernaut asks Wolverine and Nightcrawler if they wish to fight.
    Logan says no, and the Juggernaut departs leaving money to pay for the damages.
    When they confront Colossus, he is angry with his friends for not helping.

Logan points out that X-Men will help each other out for honor and sacrifice everything,
    like when Kitty was willing to marry Caliban so that the Morlocks would save his life.

As he walks away Nightcrawler tells Wolverine he is unforgiving.
    However, Logan points out that Colossus needed to be taught a hard lesson about honor.
    As they walk away, they are unaware of a woman high on a rooftop who had managed to suck the life out of a man,
    leaving a burnt out husk. It is Selene, and she is glad to be walking the Earth once more after 2000 years.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

MCP 7 presents preview

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...ics-presents-7

If i'm reading this right the X-Men are still dead, i send my prayers to all those speculators buying up MCP6 for 50 quid plus believing this character would have potential and take off, her not being from the MU is the nail in the coffin. May she rest with Wildthing and Wolverina.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Who do you think can take more damage, Laura or Logan?
    Laura regenerates faster but Logan has an unbreakable skeleton so nobody can cut his head, arms or legs.

Which is better?