Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1255

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    This sounds so good! Seems like they finally let Logan have a family with Laura and Daken!
    I liked this part the best:
    Percy: Of course. (And though you didn’t hear me say this…there might be some horrifyingly awesome stories about Omega Red coming down the pipeline.) But the new “Dawn of X” has a maxim: we’re not recycling. We’re not dragging out the same old tired stories. We’re honoring legacy but making our own unique mark on the X-Men.
    That gives me better insight into what Hickman is trying to do. Don't rehash old stories over and over, write new stories with an eye to the history of the characters.

Hopefully that means we will get to see Logan visiting some of the places from his history while doing something new. Like a visit to Madripoor and Japan but maybe it has nothing to do with the Hand and Yakuza. Maybe he goes to Japan to connect with something that happened there outside of all that. Maybe we can visit Madripoor and look back all those years ago when Logan, Mystique, and Destiny were running espionage missions together during WWII.

Lol, or something completely different a road trip with Laura and Daken, with no other purpose than to try and connect with them both.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Down with Omega Red, always looking to see Omega Red rightfully try and exact revenge for Origins as that was out of hand lol
    Gonna buy a variant this time around, main cover isn't really impressing me.

Logan is distrustful of the vision on krakoa, good to have this information, this gonna be good

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

Percy: Of course. (And though you didn’t hear me say this…there might be some horrifyingly awesome stories about Omega Red coming down the pipeline.) But the new “Dawn of X” has a maxim: we’re not recycling. We’re not dragging out the same old tired stories. We’re honoring legacy but making our own unique mark on the X-Men.
    That gives me better insight into what Hickman is trying to do. Don't rehash old stories over and over, write new stories with an eye to the history of the characters.

Hopefully that means we will get to see Logan visiting some of the places from his history while doing something new. Like a visit to Madripoor and Japan but maybe it has nothing to do with the Hand and Yakuza. Maybe he goes to Japan to connect with something that happened there outside of all that. Maybe we can visit Madripoor and look back all those years ago when Logan, Mystique, and Destiny were running espionage missions together during WWII.

Lol, or something completely different a road trip with Laura and Daken, with no other purpose than to try and connect with them both.
    Yes, exactly this! I was so happy and relieved when he said he doesn't want to recycle the same old tired stories...

I wouldn't mind him visiting old places from his past. I always wanted to see new stories with Logan and his Japanese connection which has nothing to do with the Hand, etc.
    I'm gonna be very happy if they do something with his family too and let all of them have better family connections. Especially if they let Logan and Daken get over their issues finally

Astonishing Member

This sounds so good! Seems like they finally let Logan have a family with Laura and Daken!
    Finaly, there interaction is long over due and I don't think we ever saw the whole wolverine clan together. Though I do hope we see how he interacts with gabby, or learns she exists.

All this sounds great, Can't wait to see Percy deliver some goodness with Logan.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Finaly, there interaction is long over due and I don't think we ever saw the whole wolverine clan together. Though I do hope we see how he interacts with gabby, or learns she exists.
    It is a long overdue, I think Logan still knows nothing about Daken and his past. The only thing they ever did is fighting over 13 years... the writers never gave the slightest of interaction between them - except maybe when Logan showed Daken his mother.
    Funny that Wolverine is so popular that he is being everywhere and Marvel keep producing other Wolverine characters but they were never really together. I'm looking forward to the Wolverine clan I'm sure Gabby will be there too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is amazing that their bullshit didn't gave Matt a few grey hairs in the process lol, although i think that Foggy has some understandable reasons to act like he was, is just that he is kind of stuck in the role of the party pooper, for constantly criticizing what most of us came to see, Matt getting beat up and beating people in return (he doesn't understand the art of the halfway sadly), so it's normal to find annoying.
    Ah so true, poor Matt when you think about it. For sure I can understand Foggy but damn he was so annoying during the 3 seasons lol.

Lol, give some vague possibilities, three close rooms and bang, you had a 50+ pages in a thread, the man is genius . Personally, i'm indifferent to the idea, even if i don't think that it make much sense for those three. As for the Summer House....honestly, that part kind of bothers me a bit, i feel that everyone is acting kind of odd or strange in certain ways, but i can't tell if i'm supposed to feel like that or is just Hickman style. Is kind annoying personally.
    Hickman the genius To be honest with you, shipping has never been something I really care about especially when it comes to Wolverine so whatever I don't mind the idea too but I do agree that it's not something I thought those 3 characters would be okay with in the past but hey new world, new rules lol.
    Yeah the Summer House scene was strange, but I think you're right it's a mix of Hickman's writing style but also something deliberate. Judging by his previous works, Hickman must have long term plans, so I'm sure what we're seeing here will be explained down the line.

Now one thing I can say is, despite that fact that Logan only appeared on one page (and one panel) in the first issue, he was involved in a cooking scene so thanks Hickman! Now I need to see a cooking contest between Logan and Vulcan lol.

That quote is actually kind of interesting, especially when all the X-Men seems to be more angst free than usual and would explain some thing, after all i though that we were mean to find the resurrections a bit creepy. As for the council, that could be interesting, but you would need someone really skilled to get that kind of story in the current environment, maybe Hickman can do that, but i don't know if he is interested in the idea.
    The resurrections are really creepy for sure and I believe it's deliberate, although I admit Storm's crazy speech shortly after surprised me lol. But yeah the process is interesting, I do think they should have had Magik involved in the process, since they're dealing with souls.

You can see a lot of Games of Thrones influences in Secret Wars (the Shield and the Hel-Rangers, the domains with their major/minor houses and their barons, the trial by combat, Doom's throne, etc...) so I'm sure Hickman is a fan and after reading East of West, I could see him handle an ongoing about the council and Krakoa poltical intrigues perfectly to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Interview with Ben Percy about new Wolverine ongoing:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47498-benj...interview.html

Edit : thanks for sharing the x- force Wolverine picture.
    Thanks for the interview, I really like what Percy said about how he's going to write a twisty, action-packed, horror-driven story among other things and the teasing of "Logan's uncertain memories" and Omega Red. The comment about family seems to be a reference about the events of HOX/POX and X-Men 1 so nothing really new here, now what Percy said about Logan's view of Krakoa:

"He trusts the professor, but he doesn’t totally trust the vision of the island."

"In other words, he does - and does not - fit into the plan."

Oh yeah it's going to be good, I really love this new status quo. February can't come soon enough!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

I agree, that's a great way to handle characters with so much history while still keeping things fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Down with Omega Red, always looking to see Omega Red rightfully try and exact revenge for Origins as that was out of hand lol
    Gonna buy a variant this time around, main cover isn't really impressing me.
    I remember that he tried to have his revenge on Logan for what happened during Origins when they were in Hell but I'm sure he still want to make Logan suffer:

Omega Red coming to Krakoa doesn't spell good news for the island especially after seeing the variant cover they released recently, I mean he's the "Red Death"!

Especially if they let Logan and Daken get over their issues finally
    I have to disagree, after what Daken did to Logan in the past and especially during the Goes to Hell storyline, there is no talk possible anymore, Logan can forgive a lot of things but there needs to be limits. I mean Daken basically tracked Logan's children (so basically his half brothers and sisters), he joined a criminal organization that hated his father and wanted to send his soul to hell. He convinced them to use Logan's own children against him knowing perfectly they would die against his father just to hurt him. That's pure evil, and he went with the plan even after learning the truth that Logan had nothing to do with the death of his mother.

Look I get that people enjoy what Taylor did with Daken and Laura during ANW, I'm not a fan but I respect it but Logan and Daken should never made peace or anything not after what he did to Logan and his family and what he tried to do to his friends and students in my opinion.

Hickman the genius To be honest with you, shipping has never been something I really care about especially when it comes to Wolverine so whatever I don't mind the idea too but I do agree that it's not something I thought those 3 characters would be okay with in the past but hey new world, new rules lol.
    i'm very much against this, because nothing was rebooted. I thought new52 was a lesson against writing characters out of character but look at ric grayson

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Logan is distrustful of the vision on krakoa, good to have this information, this gonna be good
    I like that. Not a fan of Krakoa, I think Wolverine will try to do his best there and help how he can but if he discovers something ugly (which is surely happening) he will be one of the first to say it.

I wonder if he is working with Moira on secret, She already truested him on two long lives. So she know she can count on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I remember that he tried to have his revenge on Logan for what happened during Origins when they were in Hell but I'm sure he still want to make Logan suffer:

Omega Red coming to Krakoa doesn't spell good news for the island especially after seeing the variant cover they released recently, I mean he's the "Red Death"!
    You'd think Wolverine would be above torture lol where he's very direct and final with his actions, but the job he did to Nuke and Matsu'o would get the Punisher's seal of approval on fucking people's lives up.
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 10-21-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    ... I really like what Percy said about how he's going to write a twisty, action-packed, horror-driven story among other things and the teasing of "Logan's uncertain memories" and Omega Red. The comment about family seems to be a reference about the events of HOX/POX and X-Men 1 so nothing really new here, now what Percy said about Logan's view of Krakoa:

"He trusts the professor, but he doesn’t totally trust the vision of the island."

"In other words, he does - and does not - fit into the plan."

Oh yeah it's going to be good, I really love this new status quo. February can't come soon enough!!!!!!
    I agree. Can't wait!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...940289/photo/1

Aaand I can't wait for a Viktor Bogdanovic Wolverine art tease!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 10-21-2019 at 10:26 PM.