Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #181 May 1984
    "Tokyo Story!"
    Story follows the events of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12...

Professor X, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Storm and Lockheed are all teleported
    back to Earth following their ordeal on Battleworld with the Beyonder.
    Along with them was a small dragon companion that had befriended Lockheed.
    Upon their arrival, the dragon would grow to a massive size and fly off, while the X-Men would fall to the ground.
    Learning that they have been teleported to Japan, they also learn of Lockheed's friend becoming a massive creature.
    Learning that they have been gone for over a week, the Professor sends Rogue to America to check on the fate of Doug Ramsey and Kitty Pryde,
    as well as make sure that the New Mutants and Cyclops are okay while they deal with the threat of the dragon they brought back with them.

As the dragon begins wrecking Tokyo, the Japanese mobilizes their military to deal with the threat.
    While reports are coming in Mariko Yoshida and her cousin Sunfire learn
    that the X-Men, and Wolverine, are in Japan as well to combat the creature.
    The X-Men catch up with the monster and as Storm keeps it occupied, the others rescue any civilians that get in the way of danger.
    Soon, Sunfire and the military arrive to deal with the monster.
    However, as they battle the creature the X-Men note that their weapons have little effect on them.

Meanwhile, at the Beachcomber Hotel in Tahiti, Cyclops appears before a grief stricken Madelyne.
    She is upset that he vanished out of her arms and was missing for a whole week while on their honeymoon.
    However, despite this, Scott manages to calm her down and the newly weds make up.

As the battle rages on in Japan, Storm unleashes her full fury on the creature.
    While down below, some wreckage lands on the Professor's legs making him panic about the potential of losing his ability to walk.
    He is rescued by Colossus, while Wolverine goes off looking for others. He comes across a dying woman and her daughter Amiko.

The woman asks Wolverine to look after her, and Logan vows to keep care of the young orphaned girl.

Meanwhile, Sunfire and Storm are knocked out by the dragon and as the creature is about to kill them,
    Lockheed confronts it. Blowing fire in it's face wounds the giant dragon emotionally

and it flies away with Lockheed following behind, yelling at it.
    Suddenly, the creature kills itself in a massive energy burst.

In the aftermath of the battle, the X-Men realize that the creature was attempting to build a nest for itself
    and Lockheed to live in together and that when Lockheed rejected the creature it committed suicide.

While in Washington D.C., Senator Robert Kelly attempts to have
    legislation passed for his new Mutant Control Act supported by his colleagues.
    Meeting with Senator Phillip, Kelly pressures him to support the bill.
    Phillip refuses, believing that this is tantamount to legalizing slavery
    and vows to do everything in his power to prevent the bill from coming into law.
    He tells his colleague that he hopes that trying to motion this bill will not cause irreversible damage.

NOTE: first appearance of Amiko.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.
    I love this issue!!!! And yeah first Amiko's appearance, I miss her. At least she will appear in Exit Wounds, but I hope she will also be part of the next Wolverine ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Just dropping by to say, that the first episode of the Wolverine: The Lost Trail is available on free podcast!
    https://www.wolverinepodcast.com/

Thank you Hush for all the Wolverine infos!
    Sorry for being quiet for such a long time. I had the opportunity to participate in an orchester project. Making music is my hobby nr.1 and with my increasing frustation how Wolverines return was handled and the lack of a solo ongoing, I put my whole sparetime into making musik! I can't promise to post more frequently, but I will occasionally drop by from time to time!
    So thanks for all the informations in this thread, catching up was an easy task!
    This HoX and PoX stuff seems to be interesting, though! The Wolverine & Cap.A. onshot has my interest, too.
    Hi Gylt, nice to see you! Thanks for the info, I will try to listen to the first episode this week-end!

You're welcome and no worries, glad you can enjoy you other hobby and congrats on joining an orchester project! I can't wait to listen to some of your creations!

By the way when it comes to music, don't forget to listen to Logan's wisdom:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    You're welcome! That's true about the length of each issue, some writers managed to work well within a limited number of pages such as Claremont or BWS but Soule on the other hand has a lot of trouble and as result the story feels boring.

Logan didn't appear a lot in this issue but damn the few panels he appeared in were amazing! But yeah Loki, the mother of Rich and his brother were the "main characters" in this issue but I'm a fan of all those characters so yeah I'm a little biased lol. Let's hope Logan will have more panel time in the next issue. I'm still unsure about what's going to be the big consequences of this story, also I'm curious about who are the holders of the other space stones right now.

I'm not a fan of most of Taylor's Marvel works, his DC work on the other was mostly good in my opinion. I think this issue was one of the first Marvel comics he wrote that I've enjoyed alongside Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6. Lot of quipping for sure, but some really solid characterization along the way but yeah if you're not a fan of his writing style I can understand why you wouldn't like this issue.

Most of the time, I also try to stay far away for event books, especially the most recent ones which are too bloated and which can cost a lot as you said. I've been reading Aaron's Thor run for a while and this warWOTR is an exception because I love Logan's characterization during this saga!!!

Regarding Sack's next project, if that's another one shot, I'm going to annoyed lol.

You're welcome! I hope they're going to retcon Romulus' involvement in the Weapon X experiment and maybe reveal who are Weapon IX and XI. If I'm not mistaken Weapon IX was supposed to be Deadpool and Weapon XI Garrison Kane according to Rob Liefeld.

Thanks for all the info you’re the best!

Lol poor little Wolvie.

I can't wait to listen to the Lost Trail!!!

Sure, it's an homage to the corner box of Uncanny X-Men #268 by Jim Lee:

This drawing of Wolverine by Jim Lee was also one of the several small pinups present in Marvel Age #92 and in the X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Omnibus Vol.2. I've never seen any Hi-Res version of this drawing unfortunately.

Marc Sasso also did an homage to this Jim Lee drawing:

Thanks for all info Hush you’re the best!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Thanks for all info Hush you’re the best!
    You're welcome and thank you

By the way I've just read the last chapter of the Long Night adaptation and TheCape is going to be happy about it:

spoilers:
    In the comics version, Hudson calls himself the Wendigo.
    end of spoilers

Unfortunately similar to the podcast, I still don't like the ending especially Logan's choice at the end.

I've also listened to the first chapter of the Lost Trail and it was really good.

spoilers:
    We learned that Logan was able to go to Japan with Mallory (she left him in Thailand) but that Weapon X is now back on his trail and that Maureen never answered any of his calls, that's why he decided to go back to the US and more precisely to New Orleans. We also got some informations about Maureen and we learned who is Marcus and what happened to his mother.

From the description of the man Marcus talked about, (mutton chops that connect to his beard, wearing a suit and the illusions he produced) it looks like he was talking about Jason Wyngarde. Also Agent Pierce from the Long Night makes her return but she's now played by another actress which is strange lol.
    end of spoilers

Really good start and again Richard Armitage is perfect as Wolverine, can't wait for the second chapter!

The preview for the second issue of Savage Avengers is available:

source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...eavengers2.htm

From the X-Men Monday thread and posted by Tycon:

Wolverine Infinity Watch #5 by Andy MacDonald:

Marvel Comics Presents #6 (the 90s issue) by Paulo Siqueira:

And the variant cover for the Wolverine Captain America Weapon Plus one shot by Chris Bachalo:

source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...e-14-x-events/

You're welcome and thank you

By the way I've just read the last chapter of the Long Night adaptation and TheCape is going to be happy about it:

spoilers:
    In the comics version, Hudson calls himself the Wendigo.
    end of spoilers

Unfortunately similar to the podcast, I still don't like the ending especially Logan's choice at the end.

I've also listened to the first chapter of the Lost Trail and it was really good.

spoilers:
    We learned that Logan was able to go to Japan with Mallory (she left him in Thailand) but that Weapon X is now back on his trail and that Maureen never answered any of his calls, that's why he decided to go back to the US and more precisely to New Orleans. We also got some informations about Maureen and we learned who is Marcus and what happened to his mother.

From the description of the man Marcus talked about, (mutton chops that connect to his beard, wearing a suit and the illusions he produced) it looks like he was talking about Jason Wyngarde. Also Agent Pierce from the Long Night makes her return but she's now played by another actress which is strange lol.
    end of spoilers

Really good start and again Richard Armitage is perfect as Wolverine, can't wait for the second chapter!

The preview for the second issue of Savage Avengers is available:

source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...eavengers2.htm
    Is like they know the way to my heart, but yeah i'm still iffy about that decission at the end.

Once again, thanks for the info, it has helped to keep up with Logan. i'm especially interested in that War of Realms tie in, i heard that my boys (Spider-Man and Wolverine) did good there so i have even more reason to check it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is like they know the way to my heart, but yeah i'm still iffy about that decission at the end.

Once again, thanks for the info, it has helped to keep up with Logan. i'm especially interested in that War of Realms tie in, i heard that my boys (Spider-Man and Wolverine) did good there so i have even more reason to check it.
    Hi TheCape nice to see you!

First Claremont listened to us by having Logan cooking in Exit Wounds and now Percy listened to you about the Long Night adaptation... Any chance you can ask Marvel to have Cates, Duggan or Brubaker as the next Wolverine writer?

You're welcome and yeah I was impressed by that WOTR tie in, Taylor did a good job with both Spidey and Wolvie here, it was a nice surprise

Hi TheCape nice to see you!

First Claremont listened to us by having Logan cooking in Exit Wounds and now Percy listened to you about the Long Night adaptation... Any chance you can ask Marvel to have Cates, Duggan or Brubaker as the next Wolverine writer?

You're welcome and yeah I was impressed by that WOTR tie in, Taylor did a good job with both Spidey and Wolvie here, it was a nice surprise
    Nice to see you too Hush.

Well i did ask Cates about it in his twitter, but he hasn't responded, i guest that being a dark lord is a tought job, too many petions sadly .

I read some pages online and looks pretty good, so i' definetly checking it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nice to see you too Hush.

Well i did ask Cates about it in his twitter, but he hasn't responded, i guest that being a dark lord is a tought job, too many petions sadly .

I read some pages online and looks pretty good, so i' definetly checking it.
    That's true lol, damn a shame Cates couldn't answer your question but at least for now it means one thing... The Dream is still alive!!!!

From the X-Men Monday thread and posted by Tycon:

Wolverine Infinity Watch #5 by Andy MacDonald:

Marvel Comics Presents #6 (the 90s issue) by Paulo Siqueira:

And the variant cover for the Wolverine Captain America Weapon Plus one shot by Chris Bachalo:

source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...e-14-x-events/
    So much dopeness in all of these!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

All of this looks nice. But boy, I still feel behind.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was G. Willow Wilson with that really fun Ms. Marvel #6 & #7 story in July/August 2014 (so just a month before the start of Death of Wolverine)
    How I can forget G. Willow Wilson. You're right she was the last one. It was really fun story.

-----------------------------------
    War of the realms #5 (Comes out today!):

And Savage Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    How I can forget G. Willow Wilson. You're right she was the last one. It was really fun story.

-----------------------------------
    War of the realms #5 (Comes out today!):

And Savage Avengers.
    Just read this WOTR issue and the dialogues in this scene are great:

"Welcome to the warriors three, Sir Wolverine!" "Can we keep him?"

Lol

This issue isn't as good as the previous issues but it's still really entertaining and the art by Dauterman is oustanding!!!!

I've also read Savage Avengers and Dead Man Logan.

Savage Avengers #2:

Damn this issue was crazy, no wonder this series is called "Savage" Avengers:

spoilers:
    That CPR scene was over the top lmao, Conan smashing the jar containing the Venom symbiote into Kulan Gath face was really satisfying and that Punisher's entrance was great! (reminds me of the Punisher Max series)

Also Logan's blood was able to heal and revive Jericho, that's an interesting development. In the past Logan's blood was helpful for Jubilee when she was a vampire and if I'm not mistaken his blood & healing factor was used to heal Siryn during Wolverine Vol.2 #154-155, not exactly the same situation for sure but there is a precedent.
    end of spoilers

It was a quick read with lot of action and we learned who is the main bad guy and the origin of the evil priest from the first issue. Strong characterization of Wolverine, Punisher & Conan and Kulan Gath is just the perfect antagonist for this series! The art by Deodato was really good!

So yeah good job by both Duggan & Deodato, I can't wait for the next issue!

Dead Man Logan #8:

Strong issue with some really great art:

spoilers:
    Sabretooth is one hell of a crazy psycho with a twisted sense of humor, so basically that's the perfect characterization of Creed lol. Speaking of characterization, all the characters were well written during this issue to be honest, the scene where Logan told Danielle that he's dying was really good. I just hope we'll see "baby bruce" interact with Logan a little more in the next issue.

We also learned that Sabretooth is working with someone, looking at his stitched body and his new "claw" my guess is the reavers but maybe it's an old hero who turned crazy. I mean someone like Forge could have been responsible for giving him those "enhancements" although it would be strange after that Extraordinary X-Men issue so who knows.

Also this issue was really brutal especially the last fight with the Hulk Killer (I'm impressed that Brisson knew this vilain), what this thing did to Logan was painful.
    end of spoilers

A slower issue but don't get me wrong it was still good, although with 4 issues left I just hope Brisson won't have any problem with the pacing of the last few issues.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-05-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Savage Avengers #3:

And an interview with Duggan about the first two issues and the future of the series:

https://www.cbr.com/interview-savage...nan-wolverine/