Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Another New Avengers reunion, sans Iron Man and JJ.

Logan will join Cap in the rescue of Thor in Jottunheim. There'll be a one-shot for each strike force team, apparently. Taylor is writing with Molina art, so it's already good from the get-go

Attachment 78569
    Ayy I miss the New Avengers. I don't think they should be a book again, mostly since that time has passed but I love the reunions they've had here and there. Re-reading this run right now so it's all pretty nostalgic for me

Logan will join Cap in the rescue of Thor in Jottunheim. There'll be a one-shot for each strike force team, apparently. Taylor is writing with Molina art, so it's already good from the get-go

Attachment 78569
    This looks interesting. I like all of the characters involved and I always like seeing Logan with Cap, Spidey, and Luke.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I can't believe I didn't already post how excited I am for this book! I've been reading the new Conan series and it is awesome, this group of Avengers is going to be a blast!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Abandoned Love: Why Lady Deathstrike's Vendetta Against Wolverine is the Dumbest

I assume this has been posted before, but still an interesting read. Also good to know that not only new comics blatantly ignore continuity.

Attachment 78569
    A trip to Jottunheim with Cap, Luke, Iron Fist, and Spider-Man? Yes, please!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Well I’ve just finished reading the last issue of Return of Wolverine and the first issue of Infinity Watch : Wolverine, and I have to say that the X-Office and Soule really messed up everything about Logan’s death and return while Duggan tries to make sense of everything.

So about the last issue of ROW,

You know, you can find my oldest posts when Hunt was announced and you can see that I've always tried to give Soule the benefit of the doubt regarding this saga, despite the fact that Death of Wolverine sucked and that all the follow-up he did (so The Weapon X program, Logan Legacy and Wolverines) were even worse. But you know I was thinking, that he learned from his mistakes, that this time he won’t do so many continuity errors, that he will handle the pacing well and that he will try to make up for his mistakes. I mean his voice for Logan wasn’t that bad but to be honest after what Cornell did, the bar was really set low.

But it turns out that Soule’s story was a mess, that he couldn’t handle the pacing during 5 issues, he managed to completely make everything boring, predicable, he managed to rush the ending and even worse he made Logan a side character during this whole saga. You see, when you read Hunt/ROW, Logan is basically showed as one of the most useless and dumb character ever created in order to prop up the new villain Soule created: Persephone. This whole Hunt/Return saga should have been called the Soteira project or something but since no one would care about Persephone and her organization because guess what, she’s just a terrible plot device character, two-dimensional and cliché, Soule put her in a story which should have focused on Logan to make people interested in her but in the end she’s useless and only serve to highlight how Logan is an outdated character, an idiot, a useless baboon who should have stayed dead.

Also so much for “Hunt wasn’t technically designed to make Logan a mass murderer again”, well guess what that’s what this story did. As I said previously, instead of showing Logan as a man who makes the hard choices, who basically damned himself for the greater good because he doesn’t want other to become like him, nope he was just used again as a living weapon for the umpteenth time by this new and powerful villain and he killed people left and right. So much for this story which was supposed to show why Logan is a beloved character…
    Ok enough about the rant, let’s go into spoilers territory:

spoilers:
    This issue is straightforward, Logan comes aboard Persephone’s space station and he sees what she’s doing, you know she wants to create a new world with the greatest minds of the planet and kill all the rest in order to control them as drones. Yeah look like something, I’ve heard during a Simpson’s episode but here Soule tried to make the whole thing serious which is dumb.
    Anyways, she reveals that she found out about Logan’s grave and resurrected him as a dumb drone who did her dirty work all over the world. We have no explanation or details about what he exactly did or who he killed, it’s like no one care at this point. Same for how Persephone found out the location of Logan’s body, it’s never explained. So yeah Logan was the one who did all of this during Hunt, and the cherry on the cake SHE DOESN’T KNOW HOW LOGAN CAME BACK TO LIFE DURING THE FIRST ISSUE OF ROW?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! “Yeah maybe that’s your healing factor” but yeah sure who cares right? It’s not like I’m reading a story about the resurrection of Logan, no it’s more interesting to focus on Persephone and her stupid plan. Good Job Soule.

Then you have the whole cliché dialogue: “You hurt your friends, you murder people all over the world so now people will hate you, fear you and they won’t trust you”. I mean seriously? Maybe I’m missing something, but in the end the people who should be held accountable for what happened are the X-Men themselves. Who is dumb enough to bury Logan (you know the guy who cheats death, who is a living weapon, who Is mind controlled each week by each new villain) in an unmarked grave in Canada? At least when Cap died, he was put under water under Namor’s guard.
    Also maybe anecdotal but Logan was buried naked, like an animal it’s like the X-Men didn’t even care.
    Anyways, Logan being Logan said no I’m Wolverine, bla bla and then after Persephone tried to kill him and failed (obviously) he discovers how Persephone intends to kill everyone (the whole satellite thing network thing) and after destroying her network he fights against her army until he faces Zagreus.

While facing Zagreus, who was supposed to be a big player in this story but in the end he’s just a useless goon who kicked Logan’s ass until Logan finally opened every cell in his mind except for the berserker who is reduced to another idiot swearing revenge. So wait a minute, Logan could have opened every cells in his mind since the start but he never did? Well good job Logan, you’re even dumber than I thought. So yeah he finally remembers who he is and beat Zagreus and destroy Persephone’s station, of course to make sure Persephone’s characterization is still cliché as possible, she swore revenge on Logan and she will haunt him as a ghost, yeah who cares?

Logan lands on earth and finally ask for a beer (without saying bub unfortunately), and then he goes to the X-Mansion and that’s it, to be continued in Infinity Watch: Wolverine. No I’m not kidding, this is an oversized issue and it’s like it’s missing a big chunk of plot but whatever at this point it’s like Marvel, Soule and the X-Office didn’t care anymore.
    end of spoilers

So let’s resume all the dropped plotlines:

spoilers:
    - Logan’s mystery wound was never explained
    - The living incubator was never explained
    - The X-Traitor and fake mutant plot, the whole thing that was supposed to bend the internet was dropped too
    - Persephone looking for Logan in Madripoor was never explained
    - How did Logan come back to life? No clues, maybe his healing factor but even Persephone isn’t sure, when you think about it it’s just a big middle finger to all the fans.
    - The hot claws? No clues either, also remember when they said that the hot claws are supposed to be a physical manifestation showing that Logan came back to life? Well Persephone revealed that Logan only came back to life in the first issue of Row when he slaughtered her army. Which means that he shouldn’t have them in Dead Ends.
    Also so much about the hot claws not not being a gimmick, well guess what it’s a gimmick.
    - The clone thing with Delacroix? Dropped
    - Why Logan was in his old costume in the first issue of ROW? Just because Persephone wanted to impress Delacroix (no I’m not kidding)
    - Logan being killed over and over again? Dropped
    - How ROW is supposed to show how death changed Logan? Dropped
    end of spoilers

So yeah, this saga only showed that Soule should have never been allowed to bring back Logan, he managed to craft one of the worst Wolverine saga I’ve ever read, completely managed to butcher the character a little more, completely missed the point about the berseker’s side of Logan, couldn’t even retconned the nonsense from Way/Loeb, wasted one issue on Daken, wrote some of the worst dialogues I've read in a long time (especially during the last issue of ROW) couldn’t give Logan an interesting new status quo and couldn't even tell HOW LOGAN CAME BACK TO LIFE, it also didn’t help that the first issue of Vigil sucks too.
    Right now I rank him as one of the worst Wolverine writers with Way, Loeb and Cornell. Soule and the X-Office should be ashamed of themselves for what they did here.

Also a word on the art, I like McNiven and despite this issue not being his greatest work, it's still good even if it's rushed in some places. But even him can't save this last issue from being mediocre.

In the end this trilogy was a disaster and completely ruined everything Aaron and Duggan did with Logan since Legacy and I think as long as this shitty saga won’t be retconned I won’t purchase any X-Book anymore.
    So yeah congrats to Soule, Paniccia, Cebulski and Alonso (I'm not sure if Jordan White was involved that much since ROW was writen in Januray) for crafting one of the worst Wolverine story ever that will be forever remembered as an example of how you should never bring back a beloved character.

Poor Logan, you deserved better than that bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Well I’ve just finished reading the last issue of Return of Wolverine and the first issue of Infinity Watch : Wolverine, and I have to say that the X-Office and Soule really messed up everything about Logan’s death and return while Duggan tries to make sense of everything.

So about the last issue of ROW,

You know, you can find my oldest posts when Hunt was announced and you can see that I've always tried to give Soule the benefit of the doubt regarding this saga, despite the fact that Death of Wolverine sucked and that all the follow-up he did (so The Weapon X program, Logan Legacy and Wolverines) were even worse. But you know I was thinking, that he learned from his mistakes, that this time he won’t do so many continuity errors, that he will handle the pacing well and that he will try to make up for his mistakes. I mean his voice for Logan wasn’t that bad but to be honest after what Cornell did, the bar was really set low.

But it turns out that Soule’s story was a mess, that he couldn’t handle the pacing during 5 issues, he managed to completely make everything boring, predicable, he managed to rush the ending and even worse he made Logan a side character during this whole saga. You see, when you read Hunt/ROW, Logan is basically showed as one of the most useless and dumb character ever created in order to prop up the new villain Soule created: Persephone. This whole Hunt/Return saga should have been called the Soteira project or something but since no one would care about Persephone and her organization because guess what, she’s just a terrible plot device character, two-dimensional and cliché, Soule put her in a story which should have focused on Logan to make people interested in her but in the end she’s useless and only serve to highlight how Logan is an outdated character, an idiot, a useless baboon who should have stayed dead.

Also so much for “Hunt wasn’t technically designed to make Logan a mass murderer again”, well guess what that’s what this story did. As I said previously, instead of showing Logan as a man who makes the hard choices, who basically damned himself for the greater good because he doesn’t want other to become like him, nope he was just used again as a living weapon for the umpteenth time by this new and powerful villain and he killed people left and right. So much for this story which was supposed to show why Logan is a beloved character…
    Ok enough about the rant, let’s go into spoilers territory:

spoilers:
    This issue is straightforward, Logan comes aboard Persephone’s space station and he sees what she’s doing, you know she wants to create a new world with the greatest minds of the planet and kill all the rest in order to control them as drones. Yeah look like something, I’ve heard during a Simpson’s episode but here Soule tried to make the whole thing serious which is dumb.
    Anyways, she reveals that she found out about Logan’s grave and resurrected him as a dumb drone who did her dirty work all over the world. We have no explanation or details about what he exactly did or who he killed, it’s like no one care at this point. Same for how Persephone found out the location of Logan’s body, it’s never explained. So yeah Logan was the one who did all of this during Hunt, and the cherry on the cake SHE DOESN’T KNOW HOW LOGAN CAME BACK TO LIFE DURING THE FIRST ISSUE OF ROW?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! “Yeah maybe that’s your healing factor” but yeah sure who cares right? It’s not like I’m reading a story about the resurrection of Logan, no it’s more interesting to focus on Persephone and her stupid plan. Good Job Soule.

Then you have the whole cliché dialogue: “You hurt your friends, you murder people all over the world so now people will hate you, fear you and they won’t trust you”. I mean seriously? Maybe I’m missing something, but in the end the people who should be held accountable for what happened are the X-Men themselves. Who is dumb enough to bury Logan (you know the guy who cheats death, who is a living weapon, who Is mind controlled each week by each new villain) in an unmarked grave in Canada? At least when Cap died, he was put under water under Namor’s guard.
    Also maybe anecdotal but Logan was buried naked, like an animal it’s like the X-Men didn’t even care.
    Anyways, Logan being Logan said no I’m Wolverine, bla bla and then after Persephone tried to kill him and failed (obviously) he discovers how Persephone intends to kill everyone (the whole satellite thing network thing) and after destroying her network he fights against her army until he faces Zagreus.

While facing Zagreus, who was supposed to be a big player in this story but in the end he’s just a useless goon who kicked Logan’s ass until Logan finally opened every cell in his mind except for the berserker who is reduced to another idiot swearing revenge. So wait a minute, Logan could have opened every cells in his mind since the start but he never did? Well good job Logan, you’re even dumber than I thought. So yeah he finally remembers who he is and beat Zagreus and destroy Persephone’s station, of course to make sure Persephone’s characterization is still cliché as possible, she swore revenge on Logan and she will haunt him as a ghost, yeah who cares?

Logan lands on earth and finally ask for a beer (without saying bub unfortunately), and then he goes to the X-Mansion and that’s it, to be continued in Infinity Watch: Wolverine. No I’m not kidding, this is an oversized issue and it’s like it’s missing a big chunk of plot but whatever at this point it’s like Marvel, Soule and the X-Office didn’t care anymore.
    end of spoilers

So let’s resume all the dropped plotlines:

spoilers:
    - Logan’s mystery wound was never explained
    - The living incubator was never explained
    - The X-Traitor and fake mutant plot, the whole thing that was supposed to bend the internet was dropped too
    - Persephone looking for Logan in Madripoor was never explained
    - How did Logan come back to life? No clues, maybe his healing factor but even Persephone isn’t sure, when you think about it it’s just a big middle finger to all the fans.
    - The hot claws? No clues either, also remember when they said that the hot claws are supposed to be a physical manifestation showing that Logan came back to life? Well Persephone revealed that Logan only came back to life in the first issue of Row when he slaughtered her army. Which means that he shouldn’t have them in Dead Ends.
    Also so much about the hot claws not not being a gimmick, well guess what it’s a gimmick.
    - The clone thing with Delacroix? Dropped
    - Why Logan was in his old costume in the first issue of ROW? Just because Persephone wanted to impress Delacroix (no I’m not kidding)
    - Logan being killed over and over again? Dropped
    - How ROW is supposed to show how death changed Logan? Dropped
    end of spoilers

So yeah, this saga only showed that Soule should have never been allowed to bring back Logan, he managed to craft one of the worst Wolverine saga I’ve ever read, completely managed to butcher the character a little more, completely missed the point about the berseker’s side of Logan, couldn’t even retconned the nonsense from Way/Loeb, wasted one issue on Daken, wrote some of the worst dialogues I've read in a long time (especially during the last issue of ROW) couldn’t give Logan an interesting new status quo and couldn't even tell HOW LOGAN CAME BACK TO LIFE, it also didn’t help that the first issue of Vigil sucks too.
    Right now I rank him as one of the worst Wolverine writers with Way, Loeb and Cornell. Soule and the X-Office should be ashamed of themselves for what they did here.

Also a word on the art, I like McNiven and despite this issue not being his greatest work, it's still good even if it's rushed in some places. But even him can't save this last issue from being mediocre.

In the end this trilogy was a disaster and completely ruined everything Aaron and Duggan did with Logan since Legacy and I think as long as this shitty saga won’t be retconned I won’t purchase any X-Book anymore.
    So yeah congrats to Soule, Paniccia, Cebulski and Alonso (I'm not sure if Jordan White was involved that much since ROW was writen in Januray) for crafting one of the worst Wolverine story ever that will be forever remembered as an example of how you should never bring back a beloved character.

Poor Logan, you deserved better than that bub.
    Hush, my man, is good to see you again!. I hope that things are going well with your job.

As for ROW, i haven't read the issue yet, but for what you are saying? it doesn't sound good. Dissapointing, not retconing of Way/Loeb, no explanation and more importanly, no cooking...shame.

Oh well, at least i still have Duggan to look foward for a while.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Okay Infinity Watch now,

You know I feel bad for Duggan, you can see that the guy is a big fan of Wolverine, he knows how to write him well but because of Soule and the X-Office, him and Aaron had to find a way to make sense of what happened in non X-Men books. Duggan should have been the one to write Logan’s return.

spoilers:
    As expected, it’s confirmed that the phoenix Wolverine was the one in Legacy/Infinity Countdown/Where is Wolverine/Avengers/Infinity Wars/Gold and I guess in FF maybe. He went back in time just before his death (he always knew that he was going to die against Doom) because the Loki from the future begged him to help him.
    Thanks to his knowledge from the future he could get the space stone in Legacy which stopped Loki’s future where he became requiem, killed Thanos, gathered the infinity stones and discovered a truth that shattered him, but despite Old Man Phoenix intervention Loki still discovered something really horrible during the last issue of Infinity Wars.

Anyways before leaving, OMP gave our Logan a beer (of course) and the diamond bat to help him in his adventures with Loki, we don’t know exactly what he did with the space stone during Where is Wolverine though.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, Duggan makes sense of what happened but yeah no way that was the original plan, no way that the Logan in Legacy wasn't supoosed to be our Logan when it was released. I can’t believe the editors greenlighted Soule’s shitty story and completely ruined everything great that was done with Logan since Legacy, that’s just horrible.

Anyway it was a fun issue but mostly it was a way for Duggan to make sense of what happened since Legacy. As always his Wolverine is excellent and the interactions with Loki are priceless. Also the art was nice, really good job by Andy MacDonald. At least Duggan will write Logan during the savage Avengers series but damn I'm still salty that he wasn't the one who handled Logan's return.

Astonishing Member

of course they xmen didn't care when they bury him. If they did they would have let his kids visite the grave, go to the funeral, or tell them he was alive(again dick move pryde.) Or even remembering all the people who can manipulated the dead throw him in to the sun. As for him being naked when the adamatium coated him it burned his clothes away cause fan service. All I can say now is it's over its finally over, now infinity watch starts. Let's see how fast that jumps the shark
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 02-20-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hush, my man, is good to see you again!. I hope that things are going well with your job.

As for ROW, i haven't read the issue yet, but for what you are saying? it doesn't sound good. Dissapointing, not retconing of Way/Loeb, no explanation and more importanly, no cooking...shame.

Oh well, at least i still have Duggan to look foward for a while.
    Hi TheCape, nice to see you too man Yeah I was really busy recently so I couldn't post a lot but everything are looking good now! I hope everything is going well for you!

Yeah it's a mess, I can't believe they messed up so bad, well Persephone mentioned she has 2 michelin-starred chef but beyond that nothing about the cooking... Disappointing.

I agree at least Duggan will write Logan in Savage Avengers so that's a good news at least.

Also, the X-Men buried Logan naked? holy s#*t this people sre dicks, i expected this from Kitty or even from Beast, but e tu you? Kurt and Ororo, way to be a bro/FWB, assholes

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Hi TheCape, nice to see you too man Yeah I was really busy recently so I couldn't post a lot but everything are looking good now! I hope everything is going well for you!

Yeah it's a mess, I can't believe they messed up so bad, well Persephone mentioned she has 2 michelin-starred chef but beyond that nothing about the cooking... Disappointing.

I agree at least Duggan will write Logan in Savage Avengers so that's a good news at least.
    Everything is...as fine as it can be here.

Pitty that Logan didn't have time to ask for tips there, but oh well, maybe he could acomplished his dream some other time, at least he is drinking beer again, i was starting to worry lol.

Hopefully Cates would write Logan in the future too, by the way any opinion of Rosenberg take?, i'm still on the fence about it myself, althougth is definetly better than Soule.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also, the X-Men buried Logan naked? holy s#*t this people sre dicks, i expected this from Kitty or even from Beast, but e tu you? Kurt and Ororo, way to be a bro/FWB, assholes
    Yeah it really surprised me, so much for the X-Men being a family lol.

Everything is...as fine as it can be here.

Pitty that Logan didn't have time to ask for tips there, but oh well, maybe he could acomplished his dream some other time, at least he is drinking beer again, i was starting to worry lol.

Hopefully Cates would write Logan in the future too, by the way any opinion of Rosenberg take?, i'm still on the fence about it myself, althougth is definetly better than Soule.
    Yeah I saw what happened in Venezuela, I hope the situation here will be better soon.

True but we don't see him drinking one, he just asked to some fishermen if they have some beer. Thinking about it, I don't think we've seen Logan drinks a single beer during ROW, that's madness.

About Rosenberg, for now it's okay but I have trouble to understand why Logan has memory issues in UXM after reading the last issue of ROW but beyond that for now it's not bad at all. I haven't read UXM #12 so I can't say if Logan was writen well in it.
    One thing I can say, is that his entrance during UXM #11 was damn good and the short story with McCrea wasn't bad either, in fact more things happened during this issue than during Hunt/ROW lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-20-2019 at 06:47 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

God, I was passing through to say Hulkverines has nice art but in terms of Logan content he only shows up the end so I should post my thoughts in the Hulk side lol.

UXM #12 kinda had to nerf Logan for the chapter to work.

RoW #5 and Wolvie: IW #1 on the same day? Geezus. I'm on issue #3 of RoW. Getting through the Declan art books is a chore.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

With this Return of Wolverine saga, Marvel made a miracle : making the return of a long deceased a-list character totally skippable and forgettable. They will have a lot of difficulties to make Wolverine interesting again. And last time that I give a chance to Charles Soule: he is the most constantly mediocre A-list writer from Marvel.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !