Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

I actually thought Return of Wolverine wrapped up fine. I’d still like to know why the resurrection suddenly makes his claws heat up when they’re exposed. Maybe something about the adamantium degrading over time and now exposure to air/oxygen causes it to heat up as it’s become a more unstable isotope?

Where’s my no-prize?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I actually thought Return of Wolverine wrapped up fine. I’d still like to know why the resurrection suddenly makes his claws heat up when they’re exposed. Maybe something about the adamantium degrading over time and now exposure to air/oxygen causes it to heat up as it’s become a more unstable isotope?

Where’s my no-prize?
    Duggan could wrap that up in Infinity Watch, It doesnt seem to factor into Uncanny so perhaps whatever happens with Loki fixes it
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I thought the ending was okay. I’d like to see more of Persephone down the road. I’m okay with the hot claws never being brought up again. Infinity watch was fun today as well, looking forward to that series.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wolverine : The Lost Trail podcast:
    The 10-episode second season will air weekly, exclusively on Stitcher Premium, beginning Monday, March 25, 2019 and will be released across all podcast platforms later in the year.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1098227077759815681
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...inkId=63836783

I love Wolverine The Long Night, I hope this will be good too!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-21-2019 at 01:08 AM.

For an isolated issue RoW#5 would have been ok. But with all the build up and stuff it fell flat. This Dead of/Hunt for/ Return of Wolverine 'event' is an example how things should not be done. It is a pity it hit Logan! But it is finally over now, time to move on!

I enjoyed Wolverine Infinity Watch, will stay with this mini.Wolverine and Loki together are fun to read! The story seems to be crazy, but Duggan does well.
    Uncanny was ok, trade waiting the next arc though.

Will also check Savage Avengers out. (Because of Duggan!)

Ah, ... and according to marvel May solicitations, OML will be finally back to the Wastelands. Trade waiting this one too.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-21-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    God, I was passing through to say Hulkverines has nice art but in terms of Logan content he only shows up the end so I should post my thoughts in the Hulk side lol.

UXM #12 kinda had to nerf Logan for the chapter to work.

RoW #5 and Wolvie: IW #1 on the same day? Geezus. I'm on issue #3 of RoW. Getting through the Declan art books is a chore.
    I would tell you to not even bother with the rest of ROW since this story is utterly pointless and a waste of time and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    With this Return of Wolverine saga, Marvel made a miracle : making the return of a long deceased a-list character totally skippable and forgettable. They will have a lot of difficulties to make Wolverine interesting again. And last time that I give a chance to Charles Soule: he is the most constantly mediocre A-list writer from Marvel.
    Damn right, such a terrible story. Hell now that I think about it Persephone's plan was almost identical to Drax's plan from the Moonraker movie which also ended with James Bond fighting him in his space station.

Such originality...

From now on, if I see a comics written by Soule I will think twice before reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Where’s my no-prize?
    According to Soule on twitter: "The #hotclaws were essentially a side effect of the surge of healing factor energy that Persephone kicked off when she brought him back to life to use as one of her undead killers." "Logan in RETURN OF WOLVERINE is new; the fires burn bright, sort of like a newly-regenerated Doctor in Doctor Who. That’s where the #hotclaws come from."

Of course you think he would have put it on paper instead of twitter but nope, another dumb decision to add to all the dumb choices he did during this whole Death/Hunt/Return saga. After all the mess he did, I hope this guy will never write a Wolverine comics after the Vigil is over.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Hush; 03-20-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Wolverine's body had been put in a way that no one could take it (hunt of wolverine explains that that's the reason they look for magneto as a suspect) and yet when Persephone did relive logan .... he came out of the coffin without triggering any mmmmmm alarm ..... disappointed

Finally i read both ROW and Infinity Wacth.

I didn't hate the end of ROW as much as Hush, but i can help feeling that this whole things was a waste of time frankly, is not horrible, just not very impressive, all that build up since Hunt/Legacy basically amounted to nothing and the whole thing fell a bit flat, still McNiven artwork made it a bit easier to bare. I expected better Soule honestly, i recently started reading his Darth Vader and i was impressed, i expected better from him. Also what was the business with those Hot Claws? lol.

As for Duggan Infinity Wacth, is a well done set issue, that explains the whole business with Logan and the Infinity Stone, with some really funny moments (i knew than that wasn't really Jean since the previews lol), i'm interested for now, lets hope that Duggan does a good job with it.

Also read Uncanny this week, is fine so far, but Rosenberg need to pick the pace, the story is moving a tad too slow.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Awesome!, thanks for the info Gyl
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I am super excited for this!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Just finished the Return of last issue. Whole thing felt like a waste of time, such a cash grab of all those Hunt minis, and now this boring Return story. Damn, Marvel, this really has been a huge letdown.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Just finished the Return of last issue. Whole thing felt like a waste of time, such a cash grab of all those Hunt minis, and now this boring Return story. Damn, Marvel, this really has been a huge letdown.
    Know what's funny, you could have swaped pherspone with Layla Miller and have saved everyone alot of time

As I go through my binge read of the original New Avengers run, I'm honestly surprised by how well Logan and Stark get along. He was even the one who recruited Logan in the first place against Cap's objections.

RoW #5 was okay but the whole saga overall was a total waste of time. They should have just let the cosmic/Avengers writers bring Logan back into the MCU with the Infinity stuff. Those stories are significantly more interesting. First issue of Infinity Watch was solid and I'm really enjoying Uncanny X-Men right now. I like that the team got put together really quickly and Scott/Logan banter was aces

Astonishing Member

Apparently there's a rumor that logans origin/introduction to the mcu will be via Disney +.
    Thoughts.

I remember saying that it felt like Marvel was writing two different Wolverines and I was partially right thanks to Infinity Watch. I'm going to assume this adventure with Loki takes place before the events of Uncanny right now.