Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Heard about it from comic book cast, roumer comes from we got this covered https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marv...h-jackman/amp/
    Not the most trustworthy but it makes sense with what Disney wants and the t.v. series is a safe way to do xmen. The series could be R rated while keeping the movies PG-13
    Yeah that wasn't the most convincing thing I've ever read but I would love an X-Men show on Disney+ or ABC or whatever. Normally I'd say I couldn't imagine them putting Wolverine in a TV show after how the movies ignored the Netflix stuff and A.O.S but with stuff like Scarlet Witch and Vision and Loki going to TV I think really anything goes now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

So whose run of Wolverine do you guys prefer, Way's or Soule's?
    At the moment i'm pinning for Way. At the very least i wasn't bored stiff reading his psychotic work lol

Soule, he was an overall dissapointment, but at the very least he didn't have Logan killing innocent people, by his own free will, is not a lot better to be a honest, but is something. Also Way pretty much ruined every classic Wolverine tale by retconing pretty the context of any of then. Mainly Uncanny #268. At least Soule didn't do that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Way’s run is significantly better than Soule’s Wolverine work. Also Wolverine and the Infinity Watch is god.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Way’s run is significantly better than Soule’s Wolverine work. Also Wolverine and the Infinity Watch is god.
    The only thing that i would give Way over Soule, is the showcase of Logan's skill, he did a good job showing how dangerous Wolverine can actually without going too far, in the department he certanly was more entertaining.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The only thing that i would give Way over Soule, is the showcase of Logan's skill, he did a good job showing how dangerous Wolverine can actually without going too far, in the department he certanly was more entertaining.

Way crafted a good story. Flawed but good. It was better than the other writers that was writing a Wolverine book at the time. Soule obviously never had a real plan for Wolverine. Frankly it shows in the mediocrity of his work.

Way's worst is worse than Soule's worst, Way's best is better than Soule's best. Soule did have McNiven though so that scores him some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Way's worst is worse than Soule's worst, Way's best is better than Soule's best. Soule did have McNiven though so that scores him some points.
    poor Mcniven put in the middle of a nightmare hahaha even Mcniven could not save Soule from the abomination he created .... however I trust the work of Duggan and MacDonald in Infinity watch, worse than Soule is not possible .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    So whose run of Wolverine do you guys prefer, Way's or Soule's?
    At the moment i'm pinning for Way. At the very least i wasn't bored stiff reading his psychotic work lol
    If I had to choose one, I'd probably pick Soule. At least his Logan doesn't do anything completely out of character because his Logan didn't really do anything at all. Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing too much... and I don't mean on some lazy tip either, know what I mean? Soule's Logan kinda played it safe to the point where some other writer could come in and salvage what was left. Way brought in too much unneeded baggage IMO.

To be honest, comparing both is a bit unfair. Soule was aiming for exploring what Wolverine means in meta level making Logan an strange metaphor of the "Avatar of Life" with a journey from hell to heaven and showing how willing he is to sacrifice for the greater good, but the delays, plus the lack of agency from Logan during the whole event make him a sort of expectator to the plot than his lead, wich kind of sucks because when a characther return you want him to deal with something that affects him deply as people.

Way was doing a more personal journey for Logan, dealing with his past, his mistakes and his demons and overcoming then at the end by denying death to Romulus. The problem is...that the journey sucked, it changes everything that you know about Wolverine and change him from being a morally flawed man (what he is supposed to be) into a horrible mass murderer than should have been executed a long time ago, so is difficult to feel any sort of appreciation for his "victory" at the end.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Regular man View Post
    poor Mcniven put in the middle of a nightmare hahaha even Mcniven could not save Soule from the abomination he created .... however I trust the work of Duggan and MacDonald in Infinity watch, worse than Soule is not possible .
    I really enjoyed the first issue of Infinity Watch. I'm really enjoying how Logan justs stab Loki everytime he is annoyed by him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really enjoyed the first issue of Infinity Watch. I'm really enjoying how Logan justs stab Loki everytime he is annoyed by him lol
    I liked the part where loki turned into Jean Gray to hug Logan ... just for a joke .... yeah tell me more ( ahahah pls don’t kill me for this ) However, I have great confidence in this project and even if art is not appreciated by everyone, the story itself is incredible, I hope it maintains this level of quality .

I haven't had the chance to read RoW #5, yet. Do they explain how he gets the "hot claws?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    I haven't had the chance to read RoW #5, yet. Do they explain how he gets the "hot claws?"
    Not, still a mistery, Soule said in twitter that it has to do with his healing factor, but no much more.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    No explanation at all, personally I hope it gets ignored moving forward.