Page 26 of 84 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Why is it only Logan who gets **** for his healing factor when others do not? Creed has a very strong healing factor as does Laura, in fact Laura's is said to be even stronger than Logan's Then you have the Hulk who also has a very strong hf as well. And let's not forget the mother of all healing factors; Deadpool. His is off the charts, way above anything Logan can take. Yet it's only Logan who gets flack for having an overpowered healing factor. Weird!
    Becaus hes the only one that writers use healing as a win condition. Hulk gets a way because it's not a focus of his characters its is unlimited strength, deadpool it's used for comedy, creed is literally now and has been a punching bag for logan for years, Laura her healing never has been a win condition and she dosent have a unbreakable skeleton that negates most damage.(she's been taken out by normal bullets multiple times) she the easiest to deal with out of all of them.

Also with newer characters writer tend to notice what fans complained about with older ones and use that to make them more balanced
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 03-03-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Why is it only Logan who gets **** for his healing factor when others do not? Creed has a very strong healing factor as does Laura, in fact Laura's is said to be even stronger than Logan's Then you have the Hulk who also has a very strong hf as well. And let's not forget the mother of all healing factors; Deadpool. His is off the charts, way above anything Logan can take. Yet it's only Logan who gets flack for having an overpowered healing factor. Weird!
    Because of the characters you mentioned, Logan is the only one I really give a damn about and whose adventures I enjoy the most. That’s why.

Mighty Member

Logan seems to be the only x-character that fans want to be downgraded in terms of power. Almost every other X-man has to be an omega to some extent or at the very least have a power boost. Everyone from Jean, Ororo and Rogue to Emma, Polaris and Cyclops. People want them to be at the pinnacle of their powers, but when it comes to Logan it's too much, his healing factor is too strong, it needs to be scaled back, why? If the others can be at peak efficiency in their abilities then why doesn't that also apply to Logan. It's fine if Jean or Emma can read every mind on earth at the same time, it's fine if Cyclops can demolish a mountain range or Storm can effect weather across the entire planet but if Logan heals to fast to soon that's an issue. I see nothing wrong with Logan's healing factor and if he is to be limited in his abilities then the others should also be. In fact omegas should be done away with, but until that happens then let Logan keep his healing factor as is. Besides it's not as bad as some claim, in the Dark Angel Saga he was severely damaged and had to take time to recover. And its been more of having a weak healing factor than a strong one for awhile now. Logan is fine as he is, no limiting is necessary.

Because uber powerful characters are boring. It’s precisely why Logan is better and more interesting to read about. That’s the whole point. Wolverine being the underdog, the scrapper who never gives up, is what makes him great. People who want him to be invincible mystify me honestly. But I feel the same way about people who want Storm to be powerful enough to destroy the planet. Why? What’s interesting about a character that powerful and godlike? If I wanted that, I’d read Superman.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Logan seems to be the only x-character that fans want to be downgraded in terms of power. Almost every other X-man has to be an omega to some extent or at the very least have a power boost. Everyone from Jean, Ororo and Rogue to Emma, Polaris and Cyclops. People want them to be at the pinnacle of their powers, but when it comes to Logan it's too much, his healing factor is too strong, it needs to be scaled back, why? If the others can be at peak efficiency in their abilities then why doesn't that also apply to Logan. It's fine if Jean or Emma can read every mind on earth at the same time, it's fine if Cyclops can demolish a mountain range or Storm can effect weather across the entire planet but if Logan heals to fast to soon that's an issue. I see nothing wrong with Logan's healing factor and if he is to be limited in his abilities then the others should also be. In fact omegas should be done away with, but until that happens then let Logan keep his healing factor as is. Besides it's not as bad as some claim, in the Dark Angel Saga he was severely damaged and had to take time to recover. And its been more of having a weak healing factor than a strong one for awhile now. Logan is fine as he is, no limiting is necessary.
    In my opinion, it has to do with balancing power. Characters with weaknesses tend to be more interesting to read about. Almost all of the characters you listed can be killed with a gun. The ones that aren't tend to be weakened in the story or hardly used at all. Also, I think you forgot about Logan's claws and other abilities. His healing is just one of his numerous skills/abilities.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 03-03-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Logan boosted healing factor doesn't bother me as much as other people, he is still pretty outclass against many enemies. But as i said before, i want a bigger emphasis in his skill as an assasin/predator and his speed as a Wolverine is supposed to be fast and agile and thanks to the adamantium and superstrength he can cause a huge amount of damage, that dangerous enougth for me and what i want to see, not him letting himself be him by bullets in every confrontation, it makes his reputation as "The Best" nonsense IMHO.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It was good to see the brown and tan costume today in Uncanny.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It was good to see the brown and tan costume today in Uncanny.
    It certainly was. And a good portrayal of Wolverine so far in the series too!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    It certainly was. And a good portrayal of Wolverine so far in the series too!
    Yeah I like how he is being portrayed in the series so far. Also a big fan of him in Infinity Watch.

Any rumors on his solo?

Please god, not Soule. No mas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Because uber powerful characters are boring. It’s precisely why Logan is better and more interesting to read about.
    Imagine reading him in the 80's, before his healing factor was basically immortality. He could even overload it if he drank too much. No bone claws, either. No James Howlett. I miss Claremont Wolvie.

Claremont Wolvie was incredible. And, even with those limitations, he regularly took on foes like the Hulk and Wendigo. What a badass! Much more so than the guy who has nothing to lose because he heals instantaneously. Why not step up to any threat, employing no real skill, and just let your super fast healing factor do all the work?

Nah. Give me that old school Logan any day of the week over that shite.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Any rumors on his solo?

Please god, not Soule. No mas.
    Look you not getting it untill vigil and dead man Logan end. Just wait till 2020 for the $10 oversized issue 1

I hope he gets a new costume. Either a modernized brown and tan (no underpants on the outside; think his X-Force costume but in brown/tan instead of black/gray) or maybe a black/tan one like his X-men: Evolution uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope he gets a new costume. Either a modernized brown and tan (no underpants on the outside; think his X-Force costume but in brown/tan instead of black/gray) or maybe a black/tan one like his X-men: Evolution uniform.
    It should be this uniform. It fits in with the blue and yellow concept and it works for field work or stealth. Best costume ever for Logan imho. Lose the soul patch though lol.