Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Basically the classic Wolverine never appeared outside of "Hunt For Wolverine" and "Return of Wolverine", the one we saw during Legacy/Where is Wolverine was a future version of Wolverine who used the Phoenix force and the time bat to come back in time. Using his powers he changed his appearance to look like his younger self and rewrote the future of the Marvel Universe and most notably the events of Infinity Wars.

Originally Loki was supposed to gather the Infinity stones, becoming Requiem, killing Thanos and several innocents but at the end of his quest he was left broken by a revelation. The Phoenix Wolverine who is a really old Wolverine who lived for eons as an host of the Phoenix Force met this future version of Loki who begged him to go back in time in order to stop him from gathering the stones. (Wolverine Infinity Watch)

The Phoenix Wolverine agreed, he extinguished his flames and came back in time. Back in the past, he changed his appearance to look like his younger self, stole a beer truck and thanks to his knowledge from the future he killed a frost giant and got the space stone. (Legacy)

Once he got this space stone, he tried to meet with people who are going to play a big role during the incoming War of the Realms. (where is wolverine)

To make sure that Loki wouldn't get the space stone, he gave it to Black Widow (Infinity Countdown), he then saved Loki from the celestials using the Phoenix force (Avengers 700) and then went back to the future where he met King Thor (Issues 1,5 and 6 of the current volume of the Thor series by Aaron). After his fight with King Thor, he received a telepathic message the past and learned that despite his intervention Gamora became Requiem instead of Loki and the Infinity Wars still happened. Using the Time Bat, he went back to the past and gave Loki a power stone in order to defeat Gamora. After defeating Gamora, Loki just like his future self discovered something that broke him. In the future both Thor and the Phoenix Wolverine knew that Loki has a vital part to play in order to save the universe, so he went back in time one last time and recruit Loki to save the universe.(Infinity Wars)

All those events happened while the dead body of the present Wolverine was used by Persephone as one of her undead soldiers during Hunt For Wolverine.
    Thanks for resuming the events of those series for me, i was to lazy to keep reading after Logan quit the whole thing after the Prime issue. Stilln Infinity Wacth is decent so far, so at least something good is coming out of it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ah... the story when Logan has his face stuck in that expression for the entire fight (seriously what's up with that), but yeah i hope that Conan had gotten some upgrade since the 80s
    I think it has something to do with Conan cutting Logan's jugular with his sword. Logan's brain lacked oxygen and was damaged because of it and as a result he turned feral hence why he was making those weird face for a while until his brain was fully healed. Or he was hit by the Joker's toxin during the trip lol.

Infinity Wacth was pretty good today, Loki and Logan have a pretty good dynamic and laugh during the figth with the Chitauri.
    Thanks for the review, that's good to know! I will surely buy the tpb, for now no X-Book for me until Exit Wounds and Savage Avengers. Still reading Immortal Hulk, Venom and Daredevil which are all amazing though.

Thanks for resuming the events of those series for me, i was to lazy to keep reading after Logan quit the whole thing after the Prime issue. Stilln Infinity Wacth is decent so far, so at least something good is coming out of it.
    You're welcome! One thing I didn't mention is that all the appearances of this Phoenix Wolverine takes place before the events of Thor #6.

I think it has something to do with Conan cutting Logan's jugular with his sword. Logan's brain lacked oxygen and was damaged because of it and as a result he turned feral hence why he was making those weird face for a while until his brain was fully healed. Or he was hit by the Joker's toxin during the trip lol.

Thanks for the review, that's good to know! I will surely buy the tpb, for now no X-Book for me until Exit Wounds and Savage Avengers. Still reading Immortal Hulk, Venom and Daredevil which are all amazing though.
    Yeah, i know, but is still hilarious .

The plot is kind of thin, but the simplicity works, if you want to see Logan getting involved with some crazy alien magic and cows (need to read issue 2 to understand ), you are good. Still, yeah better wait for the trade. Also, i also been reading Zardasky DD, i was surprised with how much i likes it, i heard a bunch of good things about his recent work, so maybe i should get around reading his Invader and Spidey work.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah, i know, but is still hilarious .

The plot is kind of thin, but the simplicity works, if you want to see Logan getting involved with some crazy alien magic and cows (need to read issue 2 to understand ), you are good. Still, yeah better wait for the trade. Also, i also been reading Zardasky DD, i was surprised with how much i likes it, i heard a bunch of good things about his recent work, so maybe i should get around reading his Invader and Spidey work.
    Logan involved with alien magic and cows? Well things escalated quickly lol. Still after all the nonsense Wolverine's fans went trough last year, some simplicity could be a good thing.

Zdarsky's Daredevil is really amazing and the art by Checchetto is top notch! I really like the Sandman story he wrote during his Spectacular Spider-Man run, his Howard the Duck series was really funny, the Starlord mini was great and the recent Namor issue he wrote during the Best Defense story was really good too. I haven't read his Invaders series yet but from what I've read he's one of Marvel best writers right now.

Logan involved with alien magic and cows? Well things escalated quickly lol. Still after all the nonsense Wolverine's fans went trough last year, some simplicity could be a good thing.

Zdarsky's Daredevil is really amazing and the art by Checchetto is top notch! I really like the Sandman story he wrote during his Spectacular Spider-Man run, his Howard the Duck series was really funny, the Starlord mini was great and the recent Namor issue he wrote during the Best Defense story was really good too. I haven't read his Invaders series yet but from what I've read he's one of Marvel best writers right now.
    Well Logan called the whole thing a bunch of "dumb s&$t" in Uncanny so is good to know that at least fun lol. I also had been keeping with the Long Night adaption and Dead Man Logan, they are fine so far, althougth nothing really impresive so far.

I wanted to read his Spider-Man but i didn't enjoy his first arcn suposedly if improved after it. I know next to nothing about the rest of his work thougth.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well Logan called the whole thing a bunch of "dumb s&$t" in Uncanny so is good to know that at least fun lol. I also had been keeping with the Long Night adaption and Dead Man Logan, they are fine so far, althougth nothing really impresive so far.

I wanted to read his Spider-Man but i didn't enjoy his first arcn suposedly if improved after it. I know next to nothing about the rest of his work thougth.
    Ah that's true about UXM, well now it makes sense and you're right if the story is fun that's good also Duggan writing Wolverine is always a good thing. I'm not really surprised by Long Night and Dead Man Logan, I mean as much as I like the long Night podcast adapting this thing in a comic book was bound to be difficult, still I will surely try the tpb.

Dead Man Logan pacing is really problematic for me, I don't think 5 issues were needed to deal with Mysterio and the ending of this plotline was really disappointing in my opinion. The next issue should be good with the meeting with Wolverine but frankly the second arc in the wastelands sounds so much better and we'll finally have the return of baby bruce! I will read this in tpb I think.

Regarding the other titles with Wolverine, I haven't keep up with Uncanny X-Men so I don't know if this one is good, but I didn't like the first issue of Marvel Comics Presents so I dropped it and maybe I will try Hulkverines in tpb because I like Pak's Hulk run but I'm not a fan of this Weapon H character.

I didn't like the first arc of his Spider-Man run too, but fortunately things got much better afterwards!

Ah that's true about UXM, well now it makes sense and you're right if the story is fun that's good also Duggan writing Wolverine is always a good thing. I'm not really surprised by Long Night and Dead Man Logan, I mean as much as I like the long Night podcast adapting this thing in a comic book was bound to be difficult, still I will surely try the tpb.

Dead Man Logan pacing is really problematic for me, I don't think 5 issues were needed to deal with Mysterio and the ending of this plotline was really disappointing in my opinion. The next issue should be good with the meeting with Wolverine but frankly the second arc in the wastelands sounds so much better and we'll finally have the return of baby bruce! I will read this in tpb I think.

Regarding the other titles with Wolverine, I haven't keep up with Uncanny X-Men so I don't know if this one is good, but I didn't like the first issue of Marvel Comics Presents so I dropped it and maybe I will try Hulkverines in tpb because I like Pak's Hulk run but I'm not a fan of this Weapon H character.

I didn't like the first arc of his Spider-Man run too, but fortunately things got much better afterwards!
    I completly agreed with you about Long Nigth abd Dead Man Logan, 5 issues to deal with Mysterio was too much, i'm more intereste i him coming back to the Wasteland and meeting with the main Wolverine. But as always Brisson pace is really a a problem. I feel the same about MCP, the premise is cool but the execution lacks something for me, the sad thing about it is that we probably won't have a Wolverine solo until those stories are over .

As for Uncanny, he has been ok there, he has an strong start with his back up story, but it has played a support role for most of the arc (wich is fine, Logan usually work better as support in team books), but nothing that stick out for me as positive or negative.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

So which Logan is in Infinity Watch right now? Future Logan or current version? I haven't read Infinity Watch yet so I have no clue

I completly agreed with you about Long Nigth abd Dead Man Logan, 5 issues to deal with Mysterio was too much, i'm more intereste i him coming back to the Wasteland and meeting with the main Wolverine. But as always Brisson pace is really a a problem. I feel the same about MCP, the premise is cool but the execution lacks something for me, the sad thing about it is that we probably won't have a Wolverine solo until those stories are over .

As for Uncanny, he has been ok there, he has an strong start with his back up story, but it has played a support role for most of the arc (wich is fine, Logan usually work better as support in team books), but nothing that stick out for me as positive or negative.
    Yeah with any luck Dead Man Logan and MCP will double ship and will end soon. Thanks for the info about Uncanny, I may try it in TPB too. At least we will have Savage Avengers so it should make the wait for the new Wolverine ongoing a little more bearable lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    So which Logan is in Infinity Watch right now? Future Logan or current version? I haven't read Infinity Watch yet so I have no clue
    At the end of the first issue of Infinity Watch the Phoenix Wolverine went back to the future in order to help Thor against Doom leaving only the current version of Logan in the present. So it's the current version who's teaming up with Loki right now.

Basically Infinity Watch starts just after the last page of Return of Wolverine #5 and the mini should end just before Uncanny X-Men #11.
    Last edited by Hush; 03-20-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Yeah with any luck Dead Man Logan and MCP will double ship and will end soon. Thanks for the info about Uncanny, I may try it in TPB too. At least we will have Savage Avengers so it should make the wait for the new Wolverine ongoing a little more bearable lol.

At the end of the first issue of Infinity Watch the Phoenix Wolverine went back to the future in order to help Thor against Doom leaving only the current version of Logan in the present. So it's the current version who's teaming up with Loki right now.

Basically Infinity Watch starts just after the last page of Return of Wolverine #5 and the mini should end just before Uncanny X-Men #11.
    Gotcha this is all real confusing but at least I know where IW is at. And I guess that means Current Logan, not future Logan, will be in War of the Realms

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Gotcha this is all real confusing but at least I know where IW is at. And I guess that means Current Logan, not future Logan, will be in War of the Realms
    Yeah the current Logan will be in War of the Realms although it seems he won't wear his brown costume which is strange.

Mighty Member

When did the phoenix Wolverine first Appeared

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Technically his first apperance was during Marvel Legacy Vol.1 #1 in September 2017 (looking like his younger self) but the first time we saw him in his true form (as an host of the Phoenix force) was in Thor Vol.5 #1 in June 2018.

Variant cover for War of Realms #2 (Second Printing) by Juan Ferreyra. It's good to see him finally draw Wolverine again.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post

He first appeared in Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine by Jason Aaron.

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.