Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I think it was mostly because they were affraid that someone would try to clone him (and resurrect him that way) using his DNA, with Logan's body locked in the adamantium casing no one could access it and Logan couldn't escape from it so it was "safe" but in the meantime burning his stuff was maybe a precaution for them in case someone wanted to have their own "Wolverine". Also since this story is supposed to be a followup to the original "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" story, maybe what Butler did with Deadpool's DNA was still fresh in their minds and they didn't want to take any risk to have a similar scenario with Logan's DNA.

Although with all the blood Logan lost along the years, I'm sure Sinister or someone else could have cloned him several times already but what's funny is that Kitty phased him out before Secret Wars without telling Cap or Deadpool so everything they did was almost useless. Thinking about it Logan's blood is going to be explore by Duggan again during Secret Avengers so maybe he's going to bring up the plot with Deadpool, the sample of Logan's DNA and Butler's machine.

But frankly the aftermath of the death of Wolverine with everyone crying that Logan was dead never made a lot of sense, the X-Men and the Avengers should know better. And now I remember Sabretooth's reaction to Logan's death which was so absurd maybe as worst as Rogue's reaction to Sentry's death lol.
    Cap and Wade are true bros, there is not a bigger friendly gesture that save your friend from a clone saga lol.

Also are you implying that Sabretooth lost his virtue with Logan just like Rogue did with Bob
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Cap and Wade are true bros, there is not a bigger friendly gesture that save your friend from a clone saga lol.

Also are you implying that Sabretooth lost his virtue with Logan just like Rogue did with Bob
    So true about Cap and Wade, although a Wolverine clone saga would have been more interesting than what we got with Logan's return lol.

Lmao about Sabretooth and Logan, but seriously this whole revelation was so dumb and I can't believe Marvel or Jenkins thought it was a good idea.

BANNED

Making your protagonist dumber than the readers is usually a bad idean wich is the problem with Odinson.

Also, Byrne was great, his style in the 80s knew no equal, hell he could make garbage look interesting
    are you insinuating wolverine is garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    are you insinuating wolverine is garbage?
    Nah, just that Byrne has a knack for drawing really dirty and messy places, just look his Superman run when he gets into Apokalips lol.
    Last edited by TheCape; 03-23-2019 at 09:45 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

So true about Cap and Wade, although a Wolverine clone saga would have been more interesting than what we got with Logan's return lol.

Lmao about Sabretooth and Logan, but seriously this whole revelation was so dumb and I can't believe Marvel or Jenkins thought it was a good idea.
    Albert would have been the mastermind of the Wolverine Clone Saga after Logan killed Elsi Dee by accident .

Yeah, Jenkins was a bit too in love with his creation, i mean everyone was singing him praises in the funeral, but when he was alive no one shut up about how crazy and dangerous he was lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Nah, just that Byrne has a knack for drawing really dirty and messy places, just look his Superman run when he gets into Apokalips lol.
    lol just having fun with you.

Making your protagonist dumber than the readers is usually a bad idean wich is the problem with Odinson.

Also, Byrne was great, his style in the 80s knew no equal, hell he could make garbage look interesting
    Best compliment you can give to an artist

Albert would have been the mastermind of the Wolverine Clone Saga after Logan killed Elsi Dee by accident .

Yeah, Jenkins was a bit too in love with his creation, i mean everyone was singing him praises in the funeral, but when he was alive no one shut up about how crazy and dangerous he was lol.
    See that's already better than what we've got lol. Ah so true about Sentry, I like some stuff done with the character but it seems Marvel never knew what to do with him.

Best compliment you can give to an artist

See that's already better than what we've got lol. Ah so true about Sentry, I like some stuff done with the character but it seems Marvel never knew what to do with him.
    I said the same for Tom Grummet, his work on Superman and Robin is among my favorites.

I never read his original mini, so ican't say much about him outside Bendis Avemger, but i got really annoyed with him in those years. Althougth i hear that Lemire got his hands on him recently, so maybe he is not a lost cause yet.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I said the same for Tom Grummet, his work on Superman and Robin is among my favorites.

I never read his original mini, so ican't say much about him outside Bendis Avemger, but i got really annoyed with him in those years. Althougth i hear that Lemire got his hands on him recently, so maybe he is not a lost cause yet.
    Tom Grummett is really good, I remember his Thunderbolts run with Nicieza and some of the issues he did during Knightfall that was great! I would say the same thing about Gene Ha, the guy makes everything look detailled and oustanding. His work on "Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" and most especially that splash page of the young Nathan dying and Cyclops not giving up on him is still breathtaking even years later and his work on Top 10 with Alan Moore is even more impressive, so much details everywhere that's amazing.

Regarding Sentry, the original mini was fun, same for the Lemire's run but damn I didn't like what Bendis did with the character at all.

House of X and Powers of X by Jonathan Hickman, Pepe Larraz, R.B. Silva and Marte Garcia starting in July 2019. Each series will be twice-monthly, alternating weeks and will run for at least 10 weeks.

3 versions of Logan can be seen on this image: Weapon X, Brown Costume Wolverine and the New X-Men version from the Grant Morrison's run, that's badass

It's going to be amazing

House of X and Powers of X by Jonathan Hickman, Pepe Larraz, R.B. Silva and Marte Garcia starting in July 2019. Each series will be twice-monthly, alternating weeks and will run for at least 10 weeks.

3 versions of Logan can be seen on this image: Weapon X, Brown Costume Wolverine and the New X-Men version from the Grant Morrison's run, that's badass

It's going to be amazing
    I don't think that he would do much there, but who knows, maybe Hickman would surprise us, besides Hickman is more about big plots than charactherization.

Also, there is going to be a lot of Xavier and Erik on this.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I don't think that he would do much there, but who knows, maybe Hickman would surprise us, besides Hickman is more about big plots than charactherization.

Also, there is going to be a lot of Xavier and Erik on this.
    I think he's good at both, it's true that his Avengers/New Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. runs are more about big concept and were focusing mostly on 4-5 characters but both his Fantastic Four run or his Secret Warriors run were different. The characterization of the FF was amazing, be it Reed, Sue, Johnny or Ben, in fact I would say that Fantastic Four #605 is still one of the most beautiful issue I've ever read and highlight how Hickman is a really versatile writer.

Also what he did during Secret Warriors with Daisy, Nick Fury or Phobos was top notch, but the best is easily his East of West series where he manages to juggle a lot of characters and flesh them out while at the same building both the world where they live but also his story. I'm sure he's going to be alright on X-Men

I think he's good at both, it's true that his Avengers/New Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. runs are more about big concept and were focusing mostly on 4-5 characters but both his Fantastic Four run or his Secret Warriors run were different. The characterization of the FF was amazing, be it Reed, Sue, Johnny or Ben, in fact I would say that Fantastic Four #605 is still one of the most beautiful issue I've ever read and highlight how Hickman is a really versatile writer.

Also what he did during Secret Warriors with Daisy, Nick Fury or Phobos was top notch, but the best is easily his East of West series where he manages to juggle a lot of characters and flesh them out while at the same building both the world where they live but also his story. I'm sure he's going to be alright on X-Men
    His FF was pretty good, but i remember that Reed was the one that recieved most of his focusn althoug the rest of the group wasn't bad and did enjoy the first issues of Secret Warriors (but never finished) i did like Phobos a lot.

But lets hope that he can do a good job, especially with Logan, since Remender's Uncanny X-Force nothing interesting has been done with him in the X-Books.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

So excited to read Hickman's X-books. The 3 Wovlerines on the cover has piqued my interest. Very curious what he'll do with Logan

His FF was pretty good, but i remember that Reed was the one that recieved most of his focusn althoug the rest of the group wasn't bad and did enjoy the first issues of Secret Warriors (but never finished) i did like Phobos a lot.

But lets hope that he can do a good job, especially with Logan, since Remender's Uncanny X-Force nothing interesting has been done with him in the X-Books.
    Let's hope so! What Remenber did with Logan during Uncanny X-Force was great but I'm not a fan of some of the things he did during Uncanny Avengers. Not the classic Wolverine but I think Jeff Lemire also did a great job with Old Man Logan especially with the Bordertown arc.

But yeah now I'm really curious about who's going to relaunch Wolverine. Fingers crossed for Cates or Duggan.