Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Let's hope so! What Remenber did with Logan during Uncanny X-Force was great but I'm not a fan of some of the things he did during Uncanny Avengers. Not the classic Wolverine but I think Jeff Lemire also did a great job with Old Man Logan especially with the Bordertown arc.

But yeah now I'm really curious about who's going to relaunch Wolverine. Fingers crossed for Cates or Duggan.
    I was refering especifically to team books? i don't think that any of his Post-X-Force roles were particulary good. I do agreed with the rest of your comment thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I was refering especifically to team books? i don't think that any of his Post-X-Force roles were particulary good. I do agreed with the rest of your comment thougth.
    Oops I thought you were talking about all of Logan appearances post Uncanny X-Force But to be honest be it in team books or in solo most of the appearances of the classic version of Wolverine after the end of Uncanny X-Force were lackluster that's for sure lol. His team up with Kamala was nice though.

I don't think this preview was posted here:

White posted this a while ago.

Larry Hama interview in the documentary Batteries Not Included, available on Amazon Prime.

He said he did not know Wolverine before he started the book! What?!

Also said he got the book because it was going to get cancelled. WoW, he saved Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Larry Hama interview in the documentary Batteries Not Included, available on Amazon Prime.

Also said he got the book because it was going to get cancelled. WoW, he saved Wolverine.
    Well, that explain why the book didn't have a consistent creative team after Claremont.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post

Interesting, it looks like it was drawn by either Marcio Takara or R.B. Silva so maybe that's from House of X/Powers of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

Thanks for the info Nick, yeah as TheCape said that would explain why there were several rotating teams after Claremont left. I hope he will write more Wolverine stories after Exit Wounds.

Speaking of Hama, he also revealed during an interview last year that his favorite Wolverine issue is Wolverine #75. No wonder this issue is amazing especially Logan's goodbye to Jubilee and the art by Adam Kubert is oustanding.

source: https://theseeker.ca/2018/03/intervi...ne-larry-hama/

Duggan also posted some art from Infinity Watch: Wolverine, I guess that's from the third issue (I've only read the first issue so maybe that's from the second issue I'm not sure):

At the C2E2 Marvel's True Believers panel, Rosenberg talked about his Uncanny X-Men run (and the War of the Realms X-Men mini he's writting), he also talked about Logan and Scott reverting back to a more classic attire and about the mindset of both character now that they're back from the dead:

- About Wolverine and Cyclops reverting back to more classic attire:

Matthew Rosenberg, Kelly Thompson, and Ed Brisson consciously wanted to look back at some memorable elements and take some forward. "there's a middlepoint between nostalgia and charting a new path. I told editors I wanted them in the Jim Lee 1990s costumes."

- About the mindset of both characters:

Cyclops:
    "Part of what we're doing is realizing Cyclops has come back from the dead with a more compassionate view, as he's taken the teen version of himself and his adult self and has a new, conflicted view of himself. He has regrets; he believes in what he did, but he can now see the faults in it."

Wolverine:

"For Wolverine, he just thought he was too nice. He needs to drop bodies."

source: https://www.newsarama.com/44450-c2e2...believers.html

Interesting, it looks like it was drawn by either Marcio Takara or R.B. Silva so maybe that's from House of X/Powers of X.

Thanks for the info Nick, yeah as TheCape said that would explain why there were several rotating teams after Claremont left. I hope he will write more Wolverine stories after Exit Wounds.

Speaking of Hama, he also revealed during an interview last year that his favorite Wolverine issue is Wolverine #75. No wonder this issue is amazing especially Logan's goodbye to Jubilee and the art by Adam Kubert is oustanding.

source: https://theseeker.ca/2018/03/intervi...ne-larry-hama/

Duggan also posted some art from Infinity Watch: Wolverine, I guess that's from the third issue (I've only read the first issue so maybe that's from the second issue I'm not sure):

That's probably issue 3, this scene definetly wasn't in issue 2.

Also thanks for the Hama interview, i had to agreed with him, that 75 issues as a great mix of action and pesky emotional drama lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

At the C2E2 Marvel's True Believers panel, Rosenberg talked about his Uncanny X-Men run (and the War of the Realms X-Men mini he's writting), he also talked about Logan and Scott reverting back to a more classic attire and about the mindset of both character now that they're back from the dead:

Matthew Rosenberg, Kelly Thompson, and Ed Brisson consciously wanted to look back at some memorable elements and take some forward. "there's a middlepoint between nostalgia and charting a new path. I told editors I wanted them in the Jim Lee 1990s costumes."

Cyclops:
    "Part of what we're doing is realizing Cyclops has come back from the dead with a more compassionate view, as he's taken the teen version of himself and his adult self and has a new, conflicted view of himself. He has regrets; he believes in what he did, but he can now see the fau

Wolverine:

Yea I like the sound of that for Logan

Cyclops:
    "Part of what we're doing is realizing Cyclops has come back from the dead with a more compassionate view, as he's taken the teen version of himself and his adult self and has a new, conflicted view of himself. He has regrets; he believes in what he did, but he can now see the faults in it."

Wolverine:

That makes sense considering how he is writing him (really Logan hasn't done much in the group beyond suggesting killing people and Scott telling him no), but is ok i supposed, at the very least he isn't becoming a headmaster again lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wolverine 75 is classic, a great issue, I wish Larry Hama would come back to Wolverine some day, he came back to GI Joe
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Wolverine 75 is classic, a great issue, I wish Larry Hama would come back to Wolverine some day, he came back to GI Joe
    Well, him and Claremont are writing a one-shot called Wolverine: Exit Wounds that is supposed to come out in june. So you are in luck.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post

For some reason I always love when they have Logan in a suit and tie. Like a boss.

That's probably issue 3, this scene definetly wasn't in issue 2.

Also thanks for the Hama interview, i had to agreed with him, that 75 issues as a great mix of action and pesky emotional drama lol.
    Thanks for the confirmation, you know after what you've said about the second issue and seeing this art from the third issue, I'm not sure if I'm going to wait for the tpb or buy the second issue soon lol.

Completely agree about Wolverine #75, such a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yea I like the sound of that for Logan
    That makes sense considering how he is writing him (really Logan hasn't done much in the group beyond suggesting killing people and Scott telling him no), but is ok i supposed, at the very least he isn't becoming a headmaster again lol.
    No more Mister Nice Guy!

But seriously after the success of the Old Man Logan series, it's not surprising that Marvel wanted Wolverine back to a more "classic" characterization similar to the 80s and pre House of M, that's what the majority of the readers wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Yeah I hope he will write more Wolverine stories after Exit Wounds, I don't like how his original run ended with a tie in to Operation Zero Tolerance and who knows maybe after all these years he will finally reveal what was inside that mysterious box lol.

Thanks to Maestroneto in the X-Men Monday thread, we have new art from Uncanny X-Men with Wolverine in his brown costume fighting Wildside:

source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...epresentation/

Also Mike Henderson posted some art from Dead Man Logan with Old Man Logan back to the Wastelands:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson/s...30976042053632