Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    After reading both the the life after Logan one shot and the Venom Annual I have to agree Jeff Loveness would be good choice for the Wolverine relaunch!
    In case that is not obvious, i agreed with this lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Nice! That scene with Logan and Warren has always been intriguing (a clue about Apocalypse or Sinister being involved with Logan's adamantium surgery perhaps) a shame Claremont couldn't develop this plotline further.

Don't forget Uncanny X-Men #251, one of my favourite Wolverine issue of all time!!!!

True!, i forgot about that.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The X-Office knows how to seduce us and then crush our dreams and hope, but we keep going bakc to then .

As for Logan memories in Uncanny, is either a reference to the fact that he can't remember what he did under Persephone control as a corpse. Or just a low keynway to say " yeah, dude doesn't remember his past anymore, expect future retcons". Hell, maybe Hickman is respobsible for the retcons lol.
    Yeah not sure what's the deal exactly but to be honest I wouldn't even be surprised if most of what happened during Hunt with Logan is never referenced again (except for that sleeper agent thing that White mentioned recently) and for Persephone to join Romulus in limbo lol. If Hickman retcons the Way/Loeb nonsense and gives Logan his mysterious past back he will be my hero!

Duggan and Brisson are the most likely to me, as you said Cates and Spencer are too busy and i don't think that Eiwing has a lot of interest on Logan.
    Yeah Duggan or Brisson are the most obvious choices, my dream is still to see Brubaker handles the relaunch but yeah that won't happen lol.

In case that is not obvious, i agreed with this lol.
    I really love that quote lol.

So I've decided to give a try to the Hulkverines mini because well I like the current Immortal Hulk series, Avengers No Road Home and Pak's Incredible Hulk run and I have to admit this thing is much better than what I expected, I would even say that I'm impressed. Logan doesn't appear in the first issue until the end (with a cool entrance) but he's one of the main character in the second issue:

spoilers:
    Basically the plot boils down to Dario Agger tricking both Hulk and Wolverine into taking down Weapon H after he betrayed him in his own series. But after a brief battle, Logan quickly understands what's happening and decides to help both Weapon H and Hulk. It's a nice change especially after ROW where he took Logan 4 issues (almost 2 days) to understand that he was being manipulated (he was such an idiot in this mini when you think about it).

In the background two other characters are also manipulated by Dario Agger: the Leader and Dr. Alba (Weapon H creator), and they both decide to team-up after also fighting each other in order to take down Darrio. Their plan: capturing and combining both the Immortal Hulk and Wolverine powers in order to change the two characters into two new uncontrollable "Hulkverines" (hence the titles of this mini) that are going to wreck havok.
    end of spoilers

So in this issue Logan's characterization is excellent, Hulk is a little crazier than usual (because of something that happened in the first issue) and even if I don't like his design or his powerset Clay is likeable especially when he's with his family (there is a really sweet scene between Clay's kids, Logan and Banner).

The plot is simple enough but the pacing is good, as I said previously the characterization of each character is great too but most important the issue is really fun and entertaining. The art is solid especially during the action scenes which are really dynamic but also during the quiet moments so yeah no complaints.

For a mini entitled "Hulkverines" this thing is better than it has any right to be so yeah congrats to the creative team that wasn't bad at all and the next issue is really going to be over the top lol.

Here is a skeak peek at the fight between Logan and Clay:

I've also read the second issue of Wolverine: Infinity Watch and well I have to agree with TheCape it's really fun! Of course it won't set the world on fire or anything, but it's enjoyable especially the dialogues and interactions between Logan and Loki. Although after watching a video review it seems that some people didn't understand the twist at the end, I thought it was evident but oh well.

I laughed at the recap page and at the last panel, nice one Gerry lol.

None of the Weapon H stuff should work, but Greg found a way to give it all an emotionally engaging core and some tweaks to make him more unique. It's all good comics.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    None of the Weapon H stuff should work, but Greg found a way to give it all an emotionally engaging core and some tweaks to make him more unique. It's all good comics.
    Yeah I didn't like the character's introduction during the Weapon X series but Pak really did a good job at making him likeable and compelling here, it also helps that the members of his family are all great too.

BANNED

Hulkverines is the best X-book to come out today

edit: besides Spider-Man/Deadool

So I've decided to give a try to the Hulkverines mini because well I like the current Immortal Hulk series, Avengers No Road Home and Pak's Incredible Hulk run and I have to admit this thing is much better than what I expected, I would even say that I'm impressed. Logan doesn't appear in the first issue until the end (with a cool entrance) but he's one of the main character in the second issue:

spoilers:
    Basically the plot boils down to Dario Agger tricking both Hulk and Wolverine into taking down Weapon H after he betrayed him in his own series. But after a brief battle, Logan quickly understands what's happening and decides to help both Weapon H and Hulk. It's a nice change especially after ROW where he took Logan 4 issues (almost 2 days) to understand that he was being manipulated (he was such an idiot in this mini when you think about it).

In the background two other characters are also manipulated by Dario Agger: the Leader and Dr. Alba (Weapon H creator), and they both decide to team-up after also fighting each other in order to take down Darrio. Their plan: capturing and combining both the Immortal Hulk and Wolverine powers in order to change the two characters into two new uncontrollable "Hulkverines" (hence the titles of this mini) that are going to wreck havok.
    end of spoilers

So in this issue Logan's characterization is excellent, Hulk is a little crazier than usual (because of something that happened in the first issue) and even if I don't like his design or his powerset Clay is likeable especially when he's with his family (there is a really sweet scene between Clay's kids, Logan and Banner).

The plot is simple enough but the pacing is good, as I said previously the characterization of each character is great too but most important the issue is really fun and entertaining. The art is solid especially during the action scenes which are really dynamic but also during the quiet moments so yeah no complaints.

For a mini entitled "Hulkverines" this thing is better than it has any right to be so yeah congrats to the creative team that wasn't bad at all and the next issue is really going to be over the top lol.

Here is a skeak peek at the fight between Logan and Clay:

I've also read the second issue of Wolverine: Infinity Watch and well I have to agree with TheCape it's really fun! Of course it won't set the world on fire or anything, but it's enjoyable especially the dialogues and interactions between Logan and Loki. Although after watching a video review it seems that some people didn't understand the twist at the end, I thought it was evident but oh well.

I laughed at the recap page and at the last panel, nice one Gerry lol.
    I wasn't going to check Hulkverines but it might give it a try now, would be fair considering that you followed my Infinity Wacth recomendation, hope that you enjoyed the cows lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah not sure what's the deal exactly but to be honest I wouldn't even be surprised if most of what happened during Hunt with Logan is never referenced again (except for that sleeper agent thing that White mentioned recently) and for Persephone to join Romulus in limbo lol. If Hickman retcons the Way/Loeb nonsense and gives Logan his mysterious past back he will be my hero!

Yeah Duggan or Brisson are the most obvious choices, my dream is still to see Brubaker handles the relaunch but yeah that won't happen lol.

I really love that quote lol.
    I was thinking in that meme too lol.

I still have my doubts if Wolverine is going to play any important role in Hickman's mini, but i can dream

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Minor marvel comics presents spoiler I hope it's not going where I think it is.spoilers:
    the girl magic is passed throught her family's bloodline, she slept with Logan. Might have had alterier motive for that. So will he get another kid and will that kid be neglected like Laura, killed via his claws like daken, or killed for shock value like the mongrels
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 03-27-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Hulkverines is the best X-book to come out today

edit: besides Spider-Man/Deadool
    I'm not reading the other X-books right now apart from Infinity Watch but one thing for sure this mini is a really nice surprise

I wasn't going to check Hulkverines but it might give it a try now, would be fair considering that you followed my Infinity Wacth recomendation, hope that you enjoyed the cows lol.
    Completely agree, the cows scene is amazing, I like this scene too:

Honestly if Marvel announces a Wolverine/Loki team book by Duggan, I wouldn't complain! Regarding Hulkverines, if you like what's currently happening with Hulk, some good Logan characterization and over the top action I'm sure you're going to enjoy it, it's just fun.

I was thinking in that meme too lol.

I still have my doubts if Wolverine is going to play any important role in Hickman's mini, but i can dream
    Yeah not sure what's Hickman plan right now so hard to say if Logan is going to play a big role but maybe the July solicits will give us some clues.

Some art from Dead Man Logan by Mike Henderson:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson/s...46771609866240

Also if you have a Stitcher premium account the first episode of the Lost Trail is available, you can hear a trailer of the first episode here:

If you don't have a premium account, the free version should be available later this year!

Edit: Removed the twitter links and added a youtube version of the trailer of the first episode of The Lost Trail instead.
    Last edited by Hush; 03-28-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Minor marvel comics presents spoiler I hope it's not going where I think it is.spoilers:
    the girl magic is passed throught her family's bloodline, she slept with Logan. Might have had alterier motive for that. So will he get another kid and will that kid be neglected like Laura, killed via his claws like daken, or killed for shock value like the mongrels
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All we needed was a new, magical Wolverine, damn... My guess is on the last one. but if there's really a new kid and if she/he is still alive in the present, she/he is already an adult so doesn't need much parenting. and I think Logan will learn about it in the upcoming Marvel Comics Presents issues if this is really the case.
    end of spoilers

How is it that Soule is killing it with Marvel Comics Presents but turned Return of Wolverine into a forgettable snooze fest.