Page 40 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    what do you guys think is the recommended reading for the relationship between Logan and Daken?
    I like it but i'm not sure i have read everything about it.

my reading list for them:

-The Incredible Hulk #603 (this one is a Hulk series, but do read this! )

-Wolverine Origins (story arcs only w Daken, in order):

Born In Blood
    Wolverine: Origins #5

Savior
    Wolverine: Origins #10

Swift and Terrible
    Wolverine: Origins #11-12-13-14-15

The Deep End
    Wolverine: Origins #24-25

Son of X:
    Wolverine: Origins #26-27

Original sin:
    Wolverine: Origins #28
    X-Men: Original Sin #1
    X-Men: Legacy #217
    Wolverine: Origins #29
    X-Men: Legacy #218
    Wolverine: Origins #30

Family business:
    Wolverine: Origins #31-32

Weapon XI:
    Wolverine: Origins #33-34-35-36

Reckoning:
    Wolverine: Origins #46
    Dark Wolverine #85
    Wolverine: Origins #47
    Dark Wolverine #86
    Wolverine: Origins #48

wolverine-origins #49

-Daken-Dark-Wolverine #9.1

-Daken-Dark-Wolverine 21-22-23 – suicide

-Uncanny-X-Force #33-34(35) - Logan killing Daken
    -Uncanny Avengers #9-10-11 – horseman of death Daken

-Death-of-Wolverine-The-Logan-Legacy (1) 5 (7)
    -Wolverines #1

They mostly interact in wolverine origins and I agree with the others, it's not a good series.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ok, thank you all very much for the references.

BANNED

I just read the Silver Fox stuff in Wolverine epic collection, vol. 1 and Sabretooth is nasty... Claremont upped his game after Peter David came in and wrote the Wolverine vs Sabretooth issue with Silver Fox as the victim. That single issue was onlything i remember of his run. The rest was pretty forgetable bland stuff I actually enjoy Peter David more, i'm in the middle of Gehenna stone affaire, if i remember the 5 issues long story's name right. It's fun so far.

The first 8 issues of the Wolverine solo definetly aren't Claremont's best work, i think that they hadn't aged that well, but i still enjoy then in spite of that. Wolverine #10 and the PAD written issues are definetly a lot better. Also there is the Goodwin/Byrne arc right after the Gehenna stone.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I just read the Silver Fox stuff in Wolverine epic collection, vol. 1 and Sabretooth is nasty... Claremont upped his game after Peter David came in and wrote the Wolverine vs Sabretooth issue with Silver Fox as the victim. That single issue was onlything i remember of his run. The rest was pretty forgetable bland stuff I actually enjoy Peter David more, i'm in the middle of Gehenna stone affaire, if i remember the 5 issues long story's name right. It's fun so far.
    True about the Claremont's run and the Silver Fox story and I agree the Gehenna Stone affair is really fun!

The solicits for July 2019 looks interesting especially the Weapon X story by Ethan Sacks, if he can follow up on what Tieri and Morrison did and retcon the Romulus nonsense it could be something really good! Dead Man Logan also sounds good, the return of Sabretooth could be fun and Brisson knows how to write him well, I'm curious if Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red will also pop up before the end of the series. Both Savage Avengers and HOX/POX are must buy too! Apart from that, I'm not interested in other X-Books to be honest.

By the way I've just heard that Kazuo Koike the legendary writer of Lone Wolf and Cub and Lady Snowblood has passed away, it's a very sad news. For those who don't know him, Lone Wolf and Cub was written by Kazuo Koike and drawn by Goseki Kojima back in the 70s, it’s a masterpiece, one of the best manga I've ever read and it greatly influenced several artists, writers and filmmakers though the years. Frank Miller for example was always fascinated by this manga and you can find Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima influence in a lot of his works and most notably in the first Wolverine mini he did with Chris Claremont, especially in regards to Logan's characterization and the setting of the story. Same thing recently with the movie Logan by James Mangold.

He also co-wrote a short Wolverine story a long time ago in X-Men Unlimited #50 which wasn’t bad but it was hard to say how much input he had on this story at the time.

Rest in peace Kazuo Koike and thank you for everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    True about the Claremont's run and the Silver Fox story and I agree the Gehenna Stone affair is really fun!

The solicits for July 2019 looks interesting especially the Weapon X story by Ethan Sacks, if he can follow up on what Tieri and Morrison did and retcon the Romulus nonsense it could be something really good! Dead Man Logan also sounds good, the return of Sabretooth could be fun and Brisson knows how to write him well, I'm curious if Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red will also pop up before the end of the series. Both Savage Avengers and HOX/POX are must buy too! Apart from that, I'm not interested in other X-Books to be honest.

By the way I've just heard that Kazuo Koike the legendary writer of Lone Wolf and Cub and Lady Snowblood has passed away, it's a very sad news. For those who don't know him, Lone Wolf and Cub was written by Kazuo Koike and drawn by Goseki Kojima back in the 70s, it’s a masterpiece, one of the best manga I've ever read and it greatly influenced several artists, writers and filmmakers though the years. Frank Miller for example was always fascinated by this manga and you can find Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima influence in a lot of his works and most notably in the first Wolverine mini he did with Chris Claremont, especially in regards to Logan's characterization and the setting of the story. Same thing recently with the movie Logan by James Mangold.

He also co-wrote a short Wolverine story a long time ago in X-Men Unlimited #50 which wasn’t bad but it was hard to say how much input he had on this story at the time.

Rest in peace Kazuo Koike and thank you for everything.

Kazuo Koike was a legend... :/ RIP Great Mangaka... :/

Lone Wolf and Cub is my all times favorite manga. It's just amazing. Fırst 8 or 10 trades of Lone wolf and cub which was published by Dark Horse even had Frank Miller covers. He really likes it as much as me... (: First Wolverine mini really gave the Japan edge to the Wolverine. And everyone built on that. The famous Murasama blade in Wolverine and stuff.

I know I’m a few days late but Dead Man Logan and Infinity Watch were both great. I love the dynamic between Logan and Loki. I will say I wish Logan wasn’t portrayed quite as dumb as he has been in Infinity Watch but it has made for some fun reading.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Logan v freddy who won ?

I have a question about reading "the best" of Jason Aaron's Wolverine.

Is the Road To Hell Omnibus the best at what Aaron does?
    Ideally, I'm looking a single core book for getting a feel for Aaron's Wolverine prior to WTXM?
    What do you think?

BTW, this is an essential and incredibly valuable appreciation page. My thanks to all the contributors, especially those of you who have compiled those important reading guides!

And thank you Hush for sharing the sad news and due respect to the late Kazuo Koike.
    Last edited by sungila; 04-24-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Kazuo Koike was a legend... :/ RIP Great Mangaka... :/

Lone Wolf and Cub is my all times favorite manga. It's just amazing. Fırst 8 or 10 trades of Lone wolf and cub which was published by Dark Horse even had Frank Miller covers. He really likes it as much as me... (: First Wolverine mini really gave the Japan edge to the Wolverine. And everyone built on that. The famous Murasama blade in Wolverine and stuff.
    It's really an amazing manga, I still hope that Dark Horse will release some nice deluxe hardcover editions like they did with Berserk!

And so true some of the best Wolverine stories and the characterization of Logan after the first mini were clearly influenced by Lone Wolf and Cub, Wolverine's fans owe Kazuo Koike & Goseki Kojima a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

Ideally, I'm looking a single core book for getting a feel for Aaron's Wolverine prior to WTXM?
    What do you think?

BTW, this is an essential and incredibly valuable appreciation page. My thanks to all the contributors, especially those of you who have compiled those important reading guides!

And thank you Hush for sharing the sad news and due respect to the late Kazuo Koike.
    I would say the Wolverine by Jason Aaron Omnibus Vol.1 is the best thing Aaron did with the character although the Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine mini collected in the Goes to Hell Omnibus is a favorite of mine.

The first Wolverine omnibus by Aaron collects 3 really important stories: Get Mystique, A mile in my moccasins and The End of the Beginning that play a pivotal role in the stories that Aaron wrote later on:

- Wolverine Vol.3 #62-65 "Get Mystique": As the title implies, this story created the big feud between Logan and Raven which played a big role during most of Aaron's Wolverine run especially in the stories collected in the Goes to Hell Omnibus.

- Wolverine Vol.3 #73-74 "A Mile in my moccasins": It's the issue that started the change in Wolverine's characterization that would slowly lead to Schism later on, it might be one of the most important story Aaron wrote during his run.

- Wolverine: Weapon X Vol.1 #16 "The End of the Beginning": It's the "epilogue" of Second Coming where you learn Kurt's last will but also where you see Logan learning a lesson that will have a big impact on him during the rest of the Aaron's run, this issue also makes their reunion during the quest for Nightcrawler in Amazing X-Men even better.

I'm not sure if the first Omnibus Volume by Aaron is still available at a reasonable price but this is the Omnibus to read if you want to get a feel of Aaron's Wolverine before Wolverine & the X-Men, and in my opinion it collects his best work on the character.

Now don't get me wrong, the Goes to Hell Omnibus is perfectly readable on its own but ideally you should read the Wolverine by Jason Aaron Omnibus Volume 1 first, a lot of stories collected in the Goes to Hell Omnibus (and in the Wolverine & the X-Men Omnibus) are built upon the stories collected in this first Omnibus.

If you need more info, feel free to ask
    Last edited by Hush; 04-24-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

What do you think?

Get Mystique and Wolverine: Weapon X vol 1 (Tomorrow Dies Today) are Aaron's best work with Logan imho. Followed very closely by Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine. Fun fact, this is the first time we see Wolverine as Phoenix!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I've just finished reading the last issue if Hulkverines and what a disappointment, the first two issues were great with strong characterization, good pacing and nice twists but this last issue? It was rushed.

The final battle was over before it even started, Weapon H has a new ability similar to the Adamantium Men from Aaron's Wolverine Weapon X run and the hot claws appeared again, but it seems to just be an easter egg more than anything. The art was solid and at least the characterization of each character was great especially the interactions Logan/Banner and between Clay and his children, wife and step mother. One thing I can say is that the last page made me laugh lol.
    But really it seems that something was missing, maybe the last issue was changed because of Weapon H future appearance in the War of the Realms I don't know but in the end it was disappointing.

I’ve also read the last MCP issue for the Moon Knight story by Percy/Ferreyra and it was really good, nice to see Mister Knight back. The Wolverine story on the other hand is still a boring slog, repetitive and predicable, seriously in 4 issues the plot hasn't moved at all, we still haven't learned anything new about that villain or what's the whole deal with Sylvie's family. At least the art by Siqueira is pretty and he seems to have less trouble with the characters' facial expressions in this issue compared to the previous issues.

Seeing a great team like Percy/Ferreira on Moon knight is really nice, same for the other rotating teams on the other Marvel heroes in each MCP issue such as the Captain America and the Civil Right movement story by Andrew Aydin and Daniel Acuna, the Namor WWII story by Greg Pak & Tomm Coker or the Spider-Man story by James Monroe Iglehart & Ray-Anthony Height which were all good and fun, and yet Wolverine's fans have been stuck with Soule and this boring story for 4 issues already and there are still 8 more issues to go, it's just so annoying and sad. I may pick up the next issue because Claremont is back but yeah beyond that, I'm not interested in the other MCP issues at all.

In other news, the preview of War of the Realms #3 is here and we finally have our New Avengers reunion:

Rest of the preview at the link:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-the-realms-3/

The preview of Savage Avengers #1 is also available:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ge-avengers-1/

And Dead Man Logan #7 too:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...d-man-logan-7/

The Dead Man Logan preview looks really good and it reminds me of the beginning of the Logan movie:

spoilers:
    Looks like the Old Man is going to face the Lizard!
    end of spoilers

Also it looks like the berserker will be back in the next issue of Infinity Watch:

Hopefully Duggan will write this side of Logan correctly unlike Soule who thought that the berserker was supposed to be a crazy Sabretooth on drugs.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-26-2019 at 05:55 AM.

I already love that War of Realms preview. Have a feeling it's gonna be pure fun.

Wolverine, Captain America, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist. What a team. Damn

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I already love that War of Realms preview. Have a feeling it's gonna be pure fun.

Wolverine, Captain America, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist. What a team. Damn
    So true! It looks really fun and the art by Russell Dauterman is amazing!

Just add Black Widow to the team and it's perfect for me
    Last edited by Hush; 04-26-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    So true! It looks really run and the art by Russell Dauterman is amazing!

Just add Black Widow to the team and it's perfect for me
    Black Widow and Jessica Drew would have rounded the team out really well I think