Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That sounds a lot better than what we actually got in the story.

Also thanks for all the information man. It really helps!
    Hi TheCape,

Yeah what happened with this story is just sad unfortunately.

You're welcome! Glad it helped

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    If Logan has lost his memories again then he wouldn't have known that Mystique was posing as Cap or maybe he hasn't and he knew so he just acted as if he didn't to get the drop on Mystique and Emma, i don't know, all this stuff won't matter soon anyways.
    Yeah that whole thing with his memories is so strange, so it's confirmed that Mystique was Cap all along? Well it makes sense, maybe Logan knew something wasn't right with this "fake Captain America" after meeting the real one during War of the Realms since this war takes place between Uncanny X-Men #15 & #16 according to Rosenberg and Marvel. But yeah it doesn't seem it will matter once Rosenberg's run is done.

And that hot claws stuff is nonsense lol so ignoring all that metaphorical stuff, his HF stops healing his body and transfers into the claws, heating them in the process and this happens when he berserks, so he has no control over it?
    So i guess everyone with his power set could get them, I also reckon future writers and artists will just forget that he doesn't heal while he has them out or perhaps just forget about the thing entirely.
    So true about the hot claws it doesn't make any sense and yeah Logan has no control over it, he explained it during the second issue of ROW: "I was just the claws and nothing else, like they were in control" (can't believe no one at Marvel told Soule to rewrite those horrible dialogues)

The sooner everybody forget about the hot claws, the better such a stupid gimmick although I'm curious about what Duggan is going to do with them in the next issue of Infinity Watch.

Also Soule should've explained all that in the story not his fucking Twitter lol
    100% agree, if you have to explain important plot details on twitter because you didn't do it in your story, you know you've messed up lol.

Seriously the Wolverine relaunch can't come soon enough and I hope Marvel and the X-Office will get it right this time.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-20-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Too much negativity in my original post.

'Seriously the Wolverine relaunch can't come soon enough and I hope Marvel and the X-Office will get it right this time.'

That's about it

Also i was just under the assumption it was Mystique, it wasn't confirmed, so my bad lol

'Seriously the Wolverine relaunch can't come soon enough and I hope Marvel and the X-Office will get it right this time.'

That's about it

Also i was just under the assumption it was Mystique, it wasn't confirmed, so my bad lol
    I haven't read the last UXM issue but after looking at the spoilers thread, it looks like you're right about the Mystique/Captain America plot!

In other news, some corner boxes from Grand Design by Ed Piskor:

Source: https://twitter.com/EdPiskor?lang=fr

I really like the Wolverine one!

Also as part of the Marvel X-Men seminal moments promo, Adam Kubert (one of the best Wolverine artists ever) is talking about X-Men #1 by Chris Claremont/Jim Lee:

I have to agree with him, that drawing of Wolverine by Jim Lee on the cover of X-Men #1 is perfect

The History of the X-Men Part 1 | Seminal Moments with Chris Claremont & Tom Brevoort:

Really interesting stuff!

Not getting grand design, since i don't like getting reprints, but i can appreciate all the effort going into it.
    As for people proping up X stuff, YouTube channel called Comic Tropes has an interesting review/analysis of Reminders X-Force and Millar's OML you might like.

Not getting grand design, since i don't like getting reprints, but i can appreciate all the effort going into it.
    As for people proping up X stuff, YouTube channel called Comic Tropes has an interesting review/analysis of Reminders X-Force and Millar's OML you might like.
    Thanks I will try to check this youtube channel and those two videos soon!

So we got 3 Wolverine comics this week, and well one was good, one was a nice suprise and one sucked lol.

- Wolverine Infinity Watch #4: Good stuff, still not a fan of the hot claws but apart from that it was good. This issue also asked one really important question: Is Bats the best dog in the Marvel Universe? Well I have to say yes, Logan seems to agree too:

- War Of The Realms Strikeforce: The Land Of Giants: So truth be told I wasn't sure about reading this book since I'm not a big fan of Logan's characterization under Taylor's pen, but I still like some of his other works and I dig this WOTR saga so I decided to give it a try and well I'm happy to say that this time Taylor knocked it out of the park!

See a writer who learns from his mistakes and who tries to do better is something I will always respect and yeah that's what Taylor did with this story, not only this story was damn fun and easily the best WOTR tie in (just try to read it before WOTR #3 though) but Logan's characterization was also top notch too! The story itself was great with some really tragic and poignant moments but also a lot of humor and action.

It also helps that the art by Jorge Molina was amazing! I do have one complain though, it's just a shame that Spidey didn't call Logan by his "Wolvie" nickname like he did in the main WOTR mini but that's just nitpicking.

So yeah congrats to the team, especially Taylor who really did a good job here, that was a really nice New Avengers reunion, and honestly if Taylor wants to write a New Avengers book with this team I wouldn't complain (just add Black Widow and Spider-Woman as The Kid said)

- Marvel Comics Presents #5: While Taylor listened to the complaints and turned things around, Soule on the other hand still can't write a compelling Wolverine's story no matter the number of pages or the time period lol. Also this issue has several continuity errors (Kurt's costume is wrong and both Ororo's haircut and costume are wrong too in the 1981 panel and Uncanny X-Men #234 with the famous Wolverine/brood hybrid on the cover wasn't released in 1986 but in 1988).

So as with the other 4 issues this is still so boring and the art by Siqueira seems to be completely rushed in the last few pages especially the character's faces, so yeah about the plot:

spoilers:
    Logan learned the name of Sylvie's clan and I guess the woman we saw at the end might be his daughter. We also learned that this woman is the narrator of this story.
    end of spoilers

The second story by Claremont was good though, and more things happened during this story compared to the first five isssues of Vigil:

spoilers:
    Sabretooth was amazing in this story, so good to see Creed written like a force of nature almost unstoppable. Also in one reality Creed is the one who broke the Berlin wall, now that's funny lol. Also it was nice to see Excalibur back, I miss this team so much.
    end of spoilers

The third story by Leah Williams with Venom was really good too, so yeah last issue of MCP for me, good luck to everyone who still want to read this "Vigil" story.

All in all a pretty good week for Wolverine I must say except for "the Vigil" story which still sucks lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-25-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Looking at the Wolverine stuff in the August Solicits, Savage Avengers, Dead Man Logan, HOX/POX and the Power Pack one shot all looks great so that's more than enough for me. Although I'm a little shocked by the price of both Absolute Carnage #1 and the Marvel #1000 one shot, I know they're both oversized but damn that's a lot of money, so yeah I'm going to skip them for now and wait either to find them at a cheap price or for the tpb.

In other news Ethan Sacks is teasing something:

source: https://twitter.com/ethanjsacks/stat...99470889803777

As you know he's the writer of the upcoming Wolverine & Captain America: Weapon Plus one shot, which is supposed to reveal secrets about the Weapon Plus program so this teaser could be about that one shot. Now some time ago before this Weapon plus one shot was revealed, Chris Robinson (one Marvel assistant editor) did a strange teasing:

https://twitter.com/chrisrobinson/st...18888514392065

So I guess that could mean that whatever happens in HOX/POX and whatever happens in this one shot will be connected somehow.

Also the preview for the last issue of the Long Night adaptation is available:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-long-night-5/

The preview of Grand Design X-Tinction #1 is also available:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-x-tinction-1/

@Hush
    Haven't read Presents yet so thanks for the summary.
    Like you've said its been a real bummer so far, the 10 page limit monthly hurts it more, can barely remember what happened last time.

I found Infinity Watch okay, they spent around half the book on the mother and the boys so we only got a few pages of Wolverine in total which is bullshit.

I've been hoarding the Long Night books to read in one go as i'm not in a rush to read them, but from the scans and previews they seem okay.

Didn't know he was in one of the War books to be honest, i hate Taylor's writing, i can see his trademark unapologetic cocky type writing in that page you posted, good for a Iron Man type but that's all in my opinion so i won't be getting it.

To be honest in large i don't think i'll be getting any event book, too expensive since Wolverine books take up a large amount of my budget already. Plus i won't bother if Wolverine is only on one page or panel, if he had a book like Punisher's I might've gotten it.

As for that hinting with Sacks, i don't know lol even if its Wolverine related its gonna annoy me that it'll probably be another mini or one shot, sick of them lol

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #181 May 1984
    "Tokyo Story!"
    Story follows the events of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12...

Professor X, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Storm and Lockheed are all teleported
    back to Earth following their ordeal on Battleworld with the Beyonder.
    Along with them was a small dragon companion that had befriended Lockheed.
    Upon their arrival, the dragon would grow to a massive size and fly off, while the X-Men would fall to the ground.
    Learning that they have been teleported to Japan, they also learn of Lockheed's friend becoming a massive creature.
    Learning that they have been gone for over a week, the Professor sends Rogue to America to check on the fate of Doug Ramsey and Kitty Pryde,
    as well as make sure that the New Mutants and Cyclops are okay while they deal with the threat of the dragon they brought back with them.

As the dragon begins wrecking Tokyo, the Japanese mobilizes their military to deal with the threat.
    While reports are coming in Mariko Yoshida and her cousin Sunfire learn
    that the X-Men, and Wolverine, are in Japan as well to combat the creature.
    The X-Men catch up with the monster and as Storm keeps it occupied, the others rescue any civilians that get in the way of danger.
    Soon, Sunfire and the military arrive to deal with the monster.
    However, as they battle the creature the X-Men note that their weapons have little effect on them.

Meanwhile, at the Beachcomber Hotel in Tahiti, Cyclops appears before a grief stricken Madelyne.
    She is upset that he vanished out of her arms and was missing for a whole week while on their honeymoon.
    However, despite this, Scott manages to calm her down and the newly weds make up.

As the battle rages on in Japan, Storm unleashes her full fury on the creature.
    While down below, some wreckage lands on the Professor's legs making him panic about the potential of losing his ability to walk.
    He is rescued by Colossus, while Wolverine goes off looking for others. He comes across a dying woman and her daughter Amiko.

The woman asks Wolverine to look after her, and Logan vows to keep care of the young orphaned girl.

Meanwhile, Sunfire and Storm are knocked out by the dragon and as the creature is about to kill them,
    Lockheed confronts it. Blowing fire in it's face wounds the giant dragon emotionally

and it flies away with Lockheed following behind, yelling at it.
    Suddenly, the creature kills itself in a massive energy burst.

In the aftermath of the battle, the X-Men realize that the creature was attempting to build a nest for itself
    and Lockheed to live in together and that when Lockheed rejected the creature it committed suicide.

While in Washington D.C., Senator Robert Kelly attempts to have
    legislation passed for his new Mutant Control Act supported by his colleagues.
    Meeting with Senator Phillip, Kelly pressures him to support the bill.
    Phillip refuses, believing that this is tantamount to legalizing slavery
    and vows to do everything in his power to prevent the bill from coming into law.
    He tells his colleague that he hopes that trying to motion this bill will not cause irreversible damage.

NOTE: first appearance of Amiko.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    In other news Ethan Sacks is teasing something:

source: https://twitter.com/ethanjsacks/stat...99470889803777

As you know he's the writer of the upcoming Wolverine & Captain America: Weapon Plus one shot, which is supposed to reveal secrets about the Weapon Plus program so this teaser could be about that one shot. Now some time ago before this Weapon plus one shot was revealed, Chris Robinson (one Marvel assistant editor) did a strange teasing:

https://twitter.com/chrisrobinson/st...18888514392065

So I guess that could mean that whatever happens in HOX/POX and whatever happens in this one shot will be connected somehow.
    Had not seen that tease by Chris Robinson. Very intriguing. Thanks.

Just dropping by to say, that the first episode of the Wolverine: The Lost Trail is available on free podcast!
    https://www.wolverinepodcast.com/

Thank you Hush for all the Wolverine infos!
    Sorry for being quiet for such a long time. I had the opportunity to participate in an orchester project. Making music is my hobby nr.1 and with my increasing frustation how Wolverines return was handled and the lack of a solo ongoing, I put my whole sparetime into making musik! I can't promise to post more frequently, but I will occasionally drop by from time to time!
    So thanks for all the informations in this thread, catching up was an easy task!
    This HoX and PoX stuff seems to be interesting, though! The Wolverine & Cap.A. onshot has my interest, too.

Incredible Member

BANNED

what a stupid parody. imagine a man who has lived for a untold period of time being featured in such silliness. what a pissant.

So excited that Wolverine the lost trail has dropped. Already hooked again and love that this time Wolverine is the point of view character.

By the way Hush do you know the cover that box from grand design is an homage to? I found a great site that prints out comic covers as wall art and want that one bad! Obviously the Wolverine one.

@Hush
    Haven't read Presents yet so thanks for the summary.
    Like you've said its been a real bummer so far, the 10 page limit monthly hurts it more, can barely remember what happened last time.

I found Infinity Watch okay, they spent around half the book on the mother and the boys so we only got a few pages of Wolverine in total which is bullshit.

I've been hoarding the Long Night books to read in one go as i'm not in a rush to read them, but from the scans and previews they seem okay.

Didn't know he was in one of the War books to be honest, i hate Taylor's writing, i can see his trademark unapologetic cocky type writing in that page you posted, good for a Iron Man type but that's all in my opinion so i won't be getting it.

To be honest in large i don't think i'll be getting any event book, too expensive since Wolverine books take up a large amount of my budget already. Plus i won't bother if Wolverine is only on one page or panel, if he had a book like Punisher's I might've gotten it.

As for that hinting with Sacks, i don't know lol even if its Wolverine related its gonna annoy me that it'll probably be another mini or one shot, sick of them lol
    You're welcome! That's true about the length of each issue, some writers managed to work well within a limited number of pages such as Claremont or BWS but Soule on the other hand has a lot of trouble and as result the story feels boring.

Logan didn't appear a lot in this issue but damn the few panels he appeared in were amazing! But yeah Loki, the mother of Rich and his brother were the "main characters" in this issue but I'm a fan of all those characters so yeah I'm a little biased lol. Let's hope Logan will have more panel time in the next issue. I'm still unsure about what's going to be the big consequences of this story, also I'm curious about who are the holders of the other space stones right now.

I'm not a fan of most of Taylor's Marvel works, his DC work on the other was mostly good in my opinion. I think this issue was one of the first Marvel comics he wrote that I've enjoyed alongside Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6. Lot of quipping for sure, but some really solid characterization along the way but yeah if you're not a fan of his writing style I can understand why you wouldn't like this issue.

Most of the time, I also try to stay far away for event books, especially the most recent ones which are too bloated and which can cost a lot as you said. I've been reading Aaron's Thor run for a while and this warWOTR is an exception because I love Logan's characterization during this saga!!!

Regarding Sack's next project, if that's another one shot, I'm going to annoyed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Had not seen that tease by Chris Robinson. Very intriguing. Thanks.
    You're welcome! I hope they're going to retcon Romulus' involvement in the Weapon X experiment and maybe reveal who are Weapon IX and XI. If I'm not mistaken Weapon IX was supposed to be Deadpool and Weapon XI Garrison Kane according to Rob Liefeld.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    [img]https://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/marshal99/comics/xmen3_zpsa598506b.jpg[img]
    Lol poor little Wolvie.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    So excited that Wolverine the lost trail has dropped. Already hooked again and love that this time Wolverine is the point of view character.

By the way Hush do you know the cover that box from grand design is an homage to? I found a great site that prints out comic covers as wall art and want that one bad! Obviously the Wolverine one.
    I can't wait to listen to the Lost Trail!!!

Sure, it's an homage to the corner box of Uncanny X-Men #268 by Jim Lee:

This drawing of Wolverine by Jim Lee was also one of the several small pinups present in Marvel Age #92 and in the X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Omnibus Vol.2. I've never seen any Hi-Res version of this drawing unfortunately.

Marc Sasso also did an homage to this Jim Lee drawing:

Last edited by Hush; 05-31-2019 at 02:21 PM.