Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    If Sacks does a good job here i wouldn't mind him on a WX book in the future.

Looking at W:Acts of Evil, Houser is writing it, don't know if you read her Spiderman:OMD, but she write a pretty good Wolverine there, had Logan and Jean in a relationship, they even had a daughter. It was pretty a controversial relationship on the last forum i was on. She did write Scott like a sore loser though so i can guess why some didn't like it lol
    For sure I hope he won't mess up. Regarding Jodie Houser I stopped reading Renew yours Vows after issue 12 so it's good to hear that she got Logan's voice right, and yeah I do remember that the relationship was controversial when Conway wrote it during the first arc lol.

Yeah I can see that from a bloody mile away too lol
    With this whole run of UXM, there hasn't really been the time for the X-Men to mourn, nor will there be the time for them to celebrate a return of any sort. Hickman's book seems to be getting off to a running start, just makes death in these books utterly pointless lol death now seems like a cop out for doing anything really controversial to a character.
    Yeah too much death in a short time for no reason, maybe it's just a cop out I'm not sure but yeah there is no big emotional impact for me.

For a series that focuses on drama, things are really stagnant and dry at the moment. But hey X-Static is coming back, considering your profile picture, you'll be getting it. That book holds none of its punches lol
    You bet, I love the original X-Force/X-Statix series and all those characters and yeah it was really unpredictable lol. Same thing with the Exiles series by Winnick and Bedard.

I'd be down for that, starting off from Wolverine's first X-Force team, i can pretty much only read his X-Force lead books, couldn't get into any of the Cable stuff.
    Same for me, I never found X-Force interesting under Cable leadership. My two favorites X-Force runs are the one by Remender and obviously the one by Milligan
    Last edited by Hush; 06-20-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Wolverine Exit Wounds preview:

source: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...exit-wounds-1/

It looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hush; 06-20-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Apparently, X-Men #98 (April 1976) is the first time the reader sees Wolverine's unmasked face. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Apparently, X-Men #98 (April 1976) is the first time the reader sees Wolverine's unmasked face. Is this true?

Yup. Fun fact John Byrne came up with a face for Wolverine but Dave Cockrum dropped this first. Byrne’s design was then used for Sabertooth’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Yup. Fun fact John Byrne came up with a face for Wolverine but Dave Cockrum dropped this first. Byrne’s design was then used for Sabertooth’s face.
    Yeah that was Byrne's original suggestion for Wolverine's face:

According to Byrne, after Claremont saw it, he told him: "You blew it! Dave has already designed Wolvie's face." lol

http://m.byrnerobotics.com/forum/for...459&PN=0&TPN=1

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Nice cover! I would love to see Finch back on art duties for a Wolverine title.

So after looking at the solicits it looks like the Vigil story that was supposed to last 12 issues was cut short and will end with MCP #9 which will also be a Wolverine issue only. Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson will write a Wolverine story that takes place in he digital world of the .EXE/men (from the most recent What If X-Men one shot).

So with MCP most likely done in September, the first arc of Savage Avengers wil also be over in September (with a possible change of team for the second arc as teased by Duggan), Dead Man Logan & HOX/POX will be done in October so it seems everything should be ready for the Wolverine relauch around October/November.

With any luck the creative team will be announced next month during SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    For sure I hope he won't mess up. Regarding Jodie Houser I stopped reading Renew yours Vows after issue 12 so it's good to hear that she got Logan's voice right, and yeah I do remember that the relationship was controversial when Conway wrote it during the first arc lol.

Yeah too much death in a short time for no reason, maybe it's just a cop out I'm not sure but yeah there is no big emotional impact for me.

You bet, I love the original X-Force/X-Statix series and all those characters and yeah it was really unpredictable lol. Same thing with the Exiles series by Winnick and Bedard.

Same for me, I never found X-Force interesting under Cable leadership. My two favorites X-Force runs are the one by Remender and obviously the one by Milligan
    I read some of what Jody Houser write about Logan, it seemed fine but it was like or 5 pages or charactherization in total, so is difficult to judge it based on that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

source: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...exit-wounds-1/

It looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, this look pretty good, thanks for the preview.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah that was Byrne's original suggestion for Wolverine's face:

According to Byrne, after Claremont saw it, he told him: "You blew it! Dave has already designed Wolvie's face." lol

http://m.byrnerobotics.com/forum/for...459&PN=0&TPN=1

Nice cover! I would love to see Finch back on art duties for a Wolverine title.

So after looking at the solicits it looks like the Vigil story that was supposed to last 12 issues was cut short and will end with MCP #9 which will also be a Wolverine issue only. Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson will write a Wolverine story that takes place in he digital world of the .EXE/men (from the most recent What If X-Men one shot).

So with MCP most likely done in September, the first arc of Savage Avengers wil also be over in September (with a possible change of team for the second arc as teased by Duggan), Dead Man Logan & HOX/POX will be done in October so it seems everything should be ready for the Wolverine relauch around October/November.

With any luck the creative team will be announced next month during SDCC
    It does look a bit like Creed lol..

I also hoping for the anoucement of the Wolverine ongoing, i hadn't read the last of W:IW but it sounds dissapointing and i need some regular adventures with OG Logan, his return hasn't been that great.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They're acting so sketchy with MCP, now it's not a 12 issue storyline but a Wolverine satellite, although only for one issue?

@Hush

Would you say MCP is canon to 616 now, looks like it'll stay in our timeline. Although i'm not sure myself since i can't remember what happen last issue, if we were in the 00s or 10s or even finished lol . monthly books are read like one shots to me lol, barely remember **** all so it's like a new story every month.

@Electricmastro

Are you collecting or reading up key events?

Astonishing Member

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190877

the preview for marvel comics presents, its in 1995 but at this point Colossus should be with the Acolytes unless its Avalon got destroyed with the battle with Holocaust in which Colossus was found by Callisto and it takes place between Ucanny 325 to when Peter left for Excalibur. can't tell if Logan has his bone claws or not. yeah MCP timeline is sketchy with realtime yet the X-men look as young as ever unlike Spiderman Lifestory in which in the 90s issue Peter is at his 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I read some of what Jody Houser write about Logan, it seemed fine but it was like or 5 pages or charactherization in total, so is difficult to judge it based on that.
    Well it's better than nothing I guess lol, but seriously I hope she will do a good job with this annual. It's funny when you think about it but we will get an annual before the launch of the ongoing lol.

Ok, this look pretty good, thanks for the preview.
    You're welcome!

It does look a bit like Creed lol..

I also hoping for the anoucement of the Wolverine ongoing, i hadn't read the last of W:IW but it sounds dissapointing and i need some regular adventures with OG Logan, his return hasn't been that great.
    Let's hope so and yeah the end of Infinity Watch was really disappointing unfortunately.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but Cates just teased that he's currently writing a new number one so maybe there is still a chance to see him on the Wolvie relaunch. The dream isn't dead yet

They're acting so sketchy with MCP, now it's not a 12 issue storyline but a Wolverine satellite, although only for one issue?

@Hush

Would you say MCP is canon to 616 now, looks like it'll stay in our timeline. Although i'm not sure myself since i can't remember what happen last issue, if we were in the 00s or 10s or even finished lol . monthly books are read like one shots to me lol, barely remember **** all so it's like a new story every month.
    I'm not sure yet because there is no sliding time scale and so many continuity mistakes. Also looking at the preview, it looks like both Cyclops and Talisman just got killed by the Truth. If they're really dead then it's not canon, if not well it still could be lol.

Regarding the story only lasting 9 issues instead of 12, I wouldn't be surprised if the abyssmal sales and the upcoming big X-Men relaunch are the reasons it got cut short although the solicits could be lying lol. The last issue took place during the 80s, but I agree the pacing of this story has been so slow that it feels like almost nothing happened, the number of pages and the monthly release really doesn't help either.

I also prefer reading TPB compared to back issue, only Marvel books I think are worth reading monthly are Immortal Hulk, Venom (not a big fan of the WOTR issues by Bunn though) and Daredevil, really worth the money in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190877

the preview for marvel comics presents, its in 1995 but at this point Colossus should be with the Acolytes unless its Avalon got destroyed with the battle with Holocaust in which Colossus was found by Callisto and it takes place between Ucanny 325 to when Peter left for Excalibur. can't tell if Logan has his bone claws or not. yeah MCP timeline is sketchy with realtime yet the X-men look as young as ever unlike Spiderman Lifestory in which in the 90s issue Peter is at his 50s.
    Thanks for the preview! You're right there are too many continuity mistakes both in this issue and the previous one, but yeah Logan lost his adamantium in 1993, so he should have his bone claws here. Regarding the X-Men still looking young, maybe they're all using a good moisturizer lol but seriously, looking at the preview things don't look promising for the X-Men, Cyclops seems to be dead and Talisman jut got her neck snapped, so yeah maybe they're all going to die in this issue.

At least one thing I can say is that the art in this preview looks good:

Last edited by Hush; 06-22-2019 at 09:20 AM.

@RZerox21xx @Hush

Didn't see the 1995 at the top left corner along with the other faults, so yeah i'll go with the majority that this isn't canon and will likely be forgotten by the end of this year.
    Just wanted them to build on a set universe rather than make another one among the dozen that don't have any depth because they are tossed aside for more prominent ones. At least we have the OML verse to build upon, I bet this verse won't get a continuation of any sort in the future. On the other note the art for this and Exit Wounds looks amazing, can't quite believe it's Land.

Wolverine vs Blade got cut by 8 pages and it's still going for the same price so instead of it being 56 pages and 5.99 it'll be 48 for the same price.
    https://www.newsarama.com/45631-marv...special-1.html
    Amazing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

@RZerox21xx @Hush

Didn't see the 1995 at the top left corner along with the other faults, so yeah i'll go with the majority that this isn't canon and will likely be forgotten by the end of this year.
    Just wanted them to build on a set universe rather than make another one among the dozen that don't have any depth because they are tossed aside for more prominent ones. At least we have the OML verse to build upon, I bet this verse won't get a continuation of any sort in the future. On the other note the art for this and Exit Wounds looks amazing, can't quite believe it's Land.

Wolverine vs Blade got cut by 8 pages and it's still going for the same price so instead of it being 56 pages and 5.99 it'll be 48 for the same price.
    https://www.newsarama.com/45631-marv...special-1.html
    Amazing
    that would stink if the story is not canon because well, I became invested and I been enjoying the 2nd stories in these MCP that show how Marvel character react in historic events. 40s with Namor and Atomic Bomb, 50s with Reed and the Space race, 60s Cap with Civil rights, 70s with spidey and Star wars new hope, 80s with Kurt and the Berlin wall. I enjoy the Logan stories but as someone who's into history, I enjoy the 2nd stories more.