Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Well it's better than nothing I guess lol, but seriously I hope she will do a good job with this annual. It's funny when you think about it but we will get an annual before the launch of the ongoing lol.

You're welcome!

Let's hope so and yeah the end of Infinity Watch was really disappointing unfortunately.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but Cates just teased that he's currently writing a new number one so maybe there is still a chance to see him on the Wolvie relaunch. The dream isn't dead yet

I'm not sure yet because there is no sliding time scale and so many continuity mistakes. Also looking at the preview, it looks like both Cyclops and Talisman just got killed by the Truth. If they're really dead then it's not canon, if not well it still could be lol.

Regarding the story only lasting 9 issues instead of 12, I wouldn't be surprised if the abyssmal sales and the upcoming big X-Men relaunch are the reasons it got cut short although the solicits could be lying lol. The last issue took place during the 80s, but I agree the pacing of this story has been so slow that it feels like almost nothing happened, the number of pages and the monthly release really doesn't help either.

I also prefer reading TPB compared to back issue, only Marvel books I think are worth reading monthly are Immortal Hulk, Venom (not a big fan of the WOTR issues by Bunn though) and Daredevil, really worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks for the preview! You're right there are too many continuity mistakes both in this issue and the previous one, but yeah Logan lost his adamantium in 1993, so he should have his bone claws here. Regarding the X-Men still looking young, maybe they're all using a good moisturizer lol but seriously, looking at the preview things don't look promising for the X-Men, Cyclops seems to be dead and Talisman jut got her neck snapped, so yeah maybe they're all going to die in this issue.

At least one thing I can say is that the art in this preview looks good:

Well, i don't want to get my hopes up either, but hopefully his doing something with Logan. Also i hope that whoever writes Logan next has some caliber behind him, i don't want a new Wolverine #1 that has Guggenheim.in the tittle lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    that would stink if the story is not canon because well, I became invested and I been enjoying the 2nd stories in these MCP that show how Marvel character react in historic events. 40s with Namor and Atomic Bomb, 50s with Reed and the Space race, 60s Cap with Civil rights, 70s with spidey and Star wars new hope, 80s with Kurt and the Berlin wall. I enjoy the Logan stories but as someone who's into history, I enjoy the 2nd stories more.
    All that historic stuff is getting washed away, if you don't have a power that extends your longevity, you're on a timer. With the sliding time scale going as it is, the whole 90s period will fit in a single year for some of these characters, or am i too generous in saying that and it's more condensed to a few weeks now lol

@TheCape
    You don't want Guggenheim to write Wolverine, how comes?
    Only read his Civil War stuff from what i can remember, wasn't that bad. Although his personal issues tend to leak onto page, like that religious stuff he had Wolverine saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    All that historic stuff is getting washed away, if you don't have a power that extends your longevity, you're on a timer. With the sliding time scale going as it is, the whole 90s period will fit in a single year for some of these characters, or am i too generous in saying that and it's more condensed to a few weeks now lol

@TheCape
    You don't want Guggenheim to write Wolverine, how comes?
    Only read his Civil War stuff from what i can remember, wasn't that bad. Although his personal issues tend to leak onto page, like that religious stuff he had Wolverine saying.
    I have never liked anything that he has written, admitedly he is not as bad as the people of this forums think, but a run by him would be average at best, i want more than average.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

So I just finished reading the Exit Wounds one shot and I have to say it was very good!

The first story by Hama/Eaton takes place during the Weapon X experiment and we learn some interesting things:

spoilers:
    The reason Weapon X couldn’t fully control Logan during the experiment was because of the memory of Silver Fox death and most especially because of Logan’s hatred of Sabretooth. When he was fighting the bear, he wasn’t seeing the animal itself but Sabretooth which is why Logan was so violent and full of rage during this fight in the original story by BWS. There is a nice easter egg during this story where Logan sees a strange “demonic” tree with some big teeth and claws, according to Cornelius it’s because of the memory implant but well it also looks like the infamous Aldo Ferro scene where he became a tree and ate Sabretooth during the original Hama run.
    end of spoilers

So yeah really good stuff and really reminiscent of old school Wolverine stories from the 90s, especially the whole memory implant saga that started in Wolverine Vol 2 #48. Scott Eaton’s art was really good too, and damn I wouldn’t say no to a Wolverine’s relaunch or just a mini by both Hama and Eaton that’s for sure.

The second story by Claremont/Larroca takes place just after the Kitty Pryde/Wolverine mini. So if I have to give a title to this story it would be: “Cooking with the Wolverine” lol, but seriously it was also really good. The first story by Hama was more about the rivalry between Logan/Creed, the Weapon X experiment and Logan’s indomitable will, the second is about family:

spoilers:
    So no a lot of action compared to the first story, this one is more about Logan himself and what kind of person he really is and why family is important to him. Claremont reveals that Logan was married a long time ago to Hoshiko’s great-great-great grandmother and that the whole family from the mother side are Logan’s descendants although the biggest revelation is obviously that Logan is a great cook especially when it comes to Ramen.
    end of spoilers

Claremont proving once again why he’s the best there is when it comes to the X-Men, not only the characterizations of Logan, Yukio and Kitty were perfect but the story itself was really fun and another surprise if Larroca’s art. I’m not a fan of his work on Star Wars or on the recent UXM run, but I used to like his first work on UXM with Claremont (during Dream’s end) but also his work on X-Treme X-Men and I think really like what he did here, really impressive.

Amiko wasn’t here unfortunately.

The last story by Sam Kieth was really strange, even stranger than usual lol:

spoilers:
    So this story is kind of a follow-up to the old story with Venom and Wolverine during MCP #117-122, there is also a big homage to a cover Kieth did for Venom vol 1 #9. The issue itself is mostly a big surreal fight, and the story focus on something that saved Logan on several occasions but also his greatest fear: The berserker rage.
    It was interesting although between this issue and the Venom Annual, Venom should stay away from Wolvie for a while lol.
    end of spoilers

I have to admit some of the panels took me by surprise lol, if you’re a fan of Sam Kieth’s art (I love it) and of the old Marvel Comics Presents ongoing I’m sure you’re going to enjoy this short story.

So all in all, really good stuff and thank you Mr. Claremont for making the cooking theory real!!!!!!! Just for that I highly recommend this one shot

I hope the Weapon Plus one shot will be as good as this one!

A friend bought MCP #6, so I was able to read it and yeah as expected:

spoilers:
    This is not canon to our universe, Talisman, Cyclops and Storm just got killed (Jean didn't die but the psychic shock of their deaths completely broke her) and we finally meet Logan’s daughter (she looks like some Valkyrie) She has some kind of a magical bone claws and she was able to beat the Truth.
    end of spoilers

Lot of action, so for once something was happening lol and the art by Siqueira was great but yeah not really impressed by this story at all.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-26-2019 at 06:34 AM.

@TheCape
    Nothing worse than a boring writer in my opinion, rather have lunatic write the book with OOC bits throughout as at the end of the day i'm still reading it and its gaining my attention.

As for MCP 6
    spoilers:

As you suspected, that blond chick we saw law issue was Wolverine's daughter, she turns up to the fight forcing away The Truth with her own set of glowing claws...art was really nice, she looks like Valkryie.
    Here's some pics and scans.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...rines-spoiler/
    So Soule's goal with this run of MCP was to get to this girl, he didn't read up on Wolverine's family tree and see that its littered with his other countless offspring that could be developed on. Then again i can't be surprised as this is the guy that made Wolverines, so many characters there just forgotten lol
    end of spoilers

@Hush

Makes me think about how Logan always condemns himself about being around and how that attracts trouble, all of the rogues and family he brought in is daunting, every living day he must be regretting that right before getting involved with a women; if he just threw himself at the bottom of the lake somewhere this all wouldn't happen. Well the family part mainly, rogues will be around, but less motivated i guess lol
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 06-26-2019 at 07:22 AM.

@TheCape
    Nothing worse than a boring writer in my opinion, rather have lunatic write the book with OOC bits throughout as at the end of the day i'm still reading it and its gaining my attention.

As for MCP 6
    spoilers:

As you suspected, that blond chick we saw law issue was Wolverine's daughter, she turns up to the fight forcing away The Truth with her own set of glowing claws...art was really nice, she looks like Valkryie.
    Here's some pics and scans.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...rines-spoiler/
    So Soule's goal with this run of MCP was to get to this girl, he didn't read up on Wolverine's family tree and see that its littered with his other countless offspring that could be developed on. Then again i can't be surprised as this is the guy that made Wolverines, so many characters there just forgotten lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    After what happened in today issue with the death of 3 major characters, I'm not sure why speculators would be interested in the first appearance of the daughter of an alternate reality Wolverine to be honest. It's like saying the first appearance of Wildthing, Shine or Kirika were something big but who knows maybe I'm out of the loop lol.

Now what happened in today Exit Wounds issue, was much more important especially regarding Logan's family tree and I'm surprised Bleedingcool didn't talk about this one since it takes place in the main continuity.
    end of spoilers

@Hush

Makes me think about how Logan always condemns himself about being around and how that attracts trouble, all of the rogues and family he brought in is daunting, every living day he must be regretting that right before getting involved with a women; if he just threw himself at the bottom of the lake somewhere this all wouldn't happen. Well the family part mainly, rogues will be around, but less motivated i guess lol
    Yeah probably, maybe Soule wanted to do something similar to what happened during OML,

spoilers:
    Logan being partly responsible for the X-Men death and dealing with the consequences.
    end of spoilers

For sure about his foes, less motivated but still deadly lol
    Last edited by Hush; 06-26-2019 at 07:48 AM.

So I just finished reading the Exit Wounds one shot and I have to say it was very good!

The first story by Hama/Eaton takes place during the Weapon X experiment and we learn some interesting things:

spoilers:
    The reason Weapon X couldn’t fully control Logan during the experiment was because of the memory of Silver Fox death and most especially because of Logan’s hatred of Sabretooth. When he was fighting the bear, he wasn’t seeing the animal itself but Sabretooth which is why Logan was so violent and full of rage during this fight in the original story by BWS. There is a nice easter egg during this story where Logan sees a strange “demonic” tree with some big teeth and claws, according to Cornelius it’s because of the memory implant but well it also looks like the infamous Aldo Ferro scene where he became a tree and ate Sabretooth during the original Hama run.
    end of spoilers

So yeah really good stuff and really reminiscent of old school Wolverine stories from the 90s, especially the whole memory implant saga that started in Wolverine Vol 2 #48. Scott Eaton’s art was really good too, and damn I wouldn’t say no to a Wolverine’s relaunch or just a mini by both Hama and Eaton that’s for sure.

The second story by Claremont/Larroca takes place just after the Kitty Pryde/Wolverine mini. So if I have to give a title to this story it would be: “Cooking with the Wolverine” lol, but seriously it was also really good. The first story by Hama was more about the rivalry between Logan/Creed, the Weapon X experiment and Logan’s indomitable will, the second is about family:

spoilers:
    So no a lot of action compared to the first story, this one is more about Logan himself and what kind of person he really is and why family is important to him. Claremont reveals that Logan was married a long time ago to Hoshiko’s great-great-great grandmother and that the whole family from the mother side are Logan’s descendants although the biggest revelation is obviously that Logan is a great cook especially when it comes to Ramen.
    end of spoilers

Claremont proving once again why he’s the best there is when it comes to the X-Men, not only the characterizations of Logan, Yukio and Kitty were perfect but the story itself was really fun and another surprise if Larroca’s art. I’m not a fan of his work on Star Wars or on the recent UXM run, but I used to like his first work on UXM with Claremont (during Dream’s end) but also his work on X-Treme X-Men and I think really like what he did here, really impressive.

Amiko wasn’t here unfortunately.

The last story by Sam Kieth was really strange, even stranger than usual lol:

spoilers:
    So this story is kind of a follow-up to the old story with Venom and Wolverine during MCP #117-122, there is also a big homage to a cover Kieth did for Venom vol 1 #9. The issue itself is mostly a big surreal fight, and the story focus on something that saved Logan on several occasions but also his greatest fear: The berserker rage.
    It was interesting although between this issue and the Venom Annual, Venom should stay away from Wolvie for a while lol.
    end of spoilers

I have to admit some of the panels took me by surprise lol, if you’re a fan of Sam Kieth’s art (I love it) and of the old Marvel Comics Presents ongoing I’m sure you’re going to enjoy this short story.

So all in all, really good stuff and thank you Mr. Claremont for making the cooking theory real!!!!!!! Just for that I highly recommend this one shot

I hope the Weapon Plus one shot will be as good as this one!

A friend bought MCP #6, so I was able to read it and yeah as expected:

spoilers:
    This is not canon to our universe, Talisman, Cyclops and Storm just got killed (Jean didn't die but the psychic shock of their deaths completely broke her) and we finally meet Logan’s daughter (she looks like some Valkyrie) She has some kind of a magical bone claws and she was able to beat the Truth.
    end of spoilers

Lot of action, so for once something was happening lol and the art by Siqueira was great but yeah not really impressed by this story at all.
    I'm so happy for the confirmation of our cooking theory, god bless you Claremont. In general the one-shot was pretty good, Hama's story was simple but effective and could easily be part of his 90s run on the characther.

Also didn't expect for that revelation on CC story, but is kind of nice to remember that part of Logan's characthern we don't really see it much this days. Kieth story was just weird thought lol.

In regards to MCP, this pretty much confirm my theory about the whole story not being canon in the MU.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-26-2019 at 09:16 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I just reae and i'm so happy for the confirmation of our cooking theory, god bless you Claremont. In general the one-shot was pretty good, Hama's story was simple but effective and could easily be part of his 90s run on the characther.

Also didn't expect for that revelation on CC story, but is kind of nice to remember that part of Logan's characthern we don't really see it much this days. Kieth story was just weird thought lol.

In regards to MCP, this pretty much confirm my theory about the whole story not being canon in the MU.
    Hail to the King Claremont for making the cooking theory real!!! So true about the Hama story, it could have easily been part of the whole memory implants saga, it was nice to see him back on the character.

Completely agree about the Claremont's story, that's the kind of Logan I would like to see more nowadays and yeah that twist was unexpected but quite interesting in my opinion, in a way it makes sense since Logan alway had a life of his own outside of the X-Men long before he joined them.

I like Kieth's story but yeah it was really weird that's for sure, only thing missing was the Wienermobile

Regarding MCP, yeah between the lack of Sliding timescale, the continuity errors and what happened in today issue it's pretty much confirmed by this point.

House of X #1 Variant by Kevin Eastman:

source: https://twitter.com/kevineastman86/status/11438

Dead Man Logan by Mike Henderson:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson

Hail to the King Claremont for making the cooking theory real!!! So true about the Hama story, it could have easily been part of the whole memory implants saga, it was nice to see him back on the character.

Completely agree about the Claremont's story, that's the kind of Logan I would like to see more nowadays and yeah that twist was unexpected but quite interesting in my opinion, in a way it makes sense since Logan alway had a life of his own outside of the X-Men long before he joined them.

I like Kieth's story but yeah it was really weird that's for sure, only thing missing was the Wienermobile

Regarding MCP, yeah between the lack of Sliding timescale, the continuity errors and what happened in today issue it's pretty much confirmed by this point.
    I changed my mind, no wienermobile=it sucks

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I changed my mind, no wienermobile=it sucks
    Damnit Marvel, where is the wienermobile????????

Just read Exit Wounds and it was great, complete contrast to the time Logan cooked up a Savage Land bird/dinosaur for the X-Men, guess Logan takes Japanese culture very seriously lol also great to see someone wreck their hand after hitting Logan, don't see enough of that.

@Hush

MCP 6 price went up a bit.. so i guess people are taking the risk that Soule's new verse might come back, along with it characters or they just don't know it's not the 616 and are buying in blind lol
    Thinking about that lady he got married too, for her to be someones great-great-great grandmother, wouldn't Logan have to be at least centuries old, books suggest he was born around the late 1800s

Astonishing Member

Just read Exit Wounds and it was great, complete contrast to the time Logan cooked up a Savage Land bird/dinosaur for the X-Men, guess Logan takes Japanese culture very seriously lol also great to see someone wreck their hand after hitting Logan, don't see enough of that.

@Hush

MCP 6 price went up a bit.. so i guess people are taking the risk that Soule's new verse might come back, along with it characters or they just don't know it's not the 616 and are buying in blind lol
    Thinking about that lady he got married too, for her to be someones great-great-great grandmother, wouldn't Logan have to be at least centuries old, books suggest he was born around the late 1800s
    5 generations, would be about 100 years, assuming the mother side got marryed and had kids in there early 20 then he hit marrye by 1880 the earlies, but that dosent explane why all the photos were in color, unless he got married in the 50/60 and there desendics had kids in there early teens ?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-26-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

the Sam Keith story continuity is very wonky. when I read it I assume its the first time Logan and Eddie met since the first team up was in late 92 when Logan been wearing the yellow blue stripe original costume since x-men 4. and worn it for the rest of the 90s except for some minor appearances in davis uncanny run in 99. I don't recall Eddie ever having a problem with the symbiote controlling him very early in his career either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    5 generations, would be about 100 years, assuming the motherside got marryed and had kids in there early 20 then that's 1880, but that dosent explane why all the photos were in color ?
    lol Soule will bullshit he's way through it in a Twitter post, probably will say its a painting.