Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah, I think he mentioned that he's a fan of the Old Man Logan universe! Maybe he's going to do "Old Man Castle" next as teased during the Old Man Logan annual.
    The more stories in the wasteland the better! I've really enjoyed everything from there so far. I also really loved the Weapon Plus one shot today, it left a lot of questions to be answered.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The more stories in the wasteland the better! I've really enjoyed everything from there so far. I also really loved the Weapon Plus one shot today, it left a lot of questions to be answered.
    Thinking about it, "Old Man Castle" by Garth Ennis & Goran Parlov would be amazing!

Speaking of the Wastelands, Mike Henderson posted some art from one of the upcoming Dead Man Logan issue:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson/s...57653532393472

Thinking about it, "Old Man Castle" by Garth Ennis & Goran Parlov would be amazing!

Speaking of the Wastelands, Mike Henderson posted some art from one of the upcoming Dead Man Logan issue:

source: https://twitter.com/MikeSHenderson/s...57653532393472
    Lol, the look on his face is priceless!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Finally i read Tom Taylor's WotR one-shot with the New Avengers and i found pretty well done, he did good for my 2 boys Spider-Man and Wolverine, so it was nice surprise, the story was bizarre but heartwarming, the humor hit right where it should and the artwork was great. If have to say something negative, is that Cage and Danny came across as a bit bland to me, but i don't know much about then, so maybe i'm not the best judge then.

Also, after reading the last issue of The Long Night Adaption, i still can't believe that Percy actually named the Hudson mutation as Wendigo, is like he read my mind.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-12-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Finally i read Tom Taylor's WotR one-shot with the New Avengers and i found pretty well done, he did good for my 2 boys Spider-Man and Wolverine, so it was nice surprise, the story was bizarre but heartwarming, the humor hit right where it should and the artwork was great. If have to say something negative, is that Cage and Danny came across as a bit bland to me, but i don't know much about then, so maybe i'm not the best judge then.

Also, after reading the last issue of The Long Night Adaption, i still can't believe that Percy actually named the Hudson mutation as Wendigo, is like he read my mind.
    Glad you enjoyed this one shot! Yeah similar to Adamantium Agenda, Luke was a little useless here unfortunately.

Regarding the Long Night, I remember during the Podcast version, that either Pierce or Marshall theorized that Hudson could hide his X-Gene when he was in human form but it was a strange explanation. Saying he's a Wendigo in the comics adaptation makes more sense to me.

Speaking of the Long Night, I just finished listening to the second episode of the Lost Trail and it was impressive:

spoilers:
    We learn that Agent Pierce is much more ruthless than in the Long Night especially when it comes to mindwiping people, we also learn new things about Maureen. She was investigating the disappearance of several mutants and she was a software engineer who always tried to make connections between music and mathematics in order to figure things out. We also learn a little more about her relationship with Logan and how much she miss him (especially Logan being constantly paranoiac about Weapon X lol) and we finally meet Gambit.

Speaking of Gambit, Logan finds his card at Maureen's appartment during his investigation, Logan already knows him and knows where to find him which lead us to a great poker scene where Logan does what he does best: kicking ass and taking names Remy tells Logan about a woman named Bonnie Roach, she's the leader of a motorcycle gang named "the Coldblooded". He explains to Logan that he wanted to help a mutant named Pink, who dared to resist against Bonnie, by bringing him to Maureen's place but she was already gone that's why he left his card at her appartment.

Speaking of Bonnie we also meet her shortly after, she's a psychopath who loves to hunt and feed mutants to her alligators and she has been working with Weapon X and Agent Pierce for a while. Pierce tells her who is her new target: Logan a.k.a the Wolverine.
    end of spoilers

Really impressive episode, the writing, the voice acting and the sound effects are just astounding, the new characters are really interesting too and Marcus and Logan are such a great duo lol. I think the highlight of this episode is:

spoilers:
    The Maureen's scene when Marcus is reading her diary, his voice slowly fading into Maureen's voice as she recaps the events of her investigation and her history with Logan then the mix of dreaming sequence and reality with the rain, the whispers and Maureen trying to figure out the "song" of everything that's happening to her, such a great scene.
    end of spoilers

So yeah really good stuff!
    Last edited by Hush; 07-14-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Absolute Carnage connecting variant covers by Kyle Hotz:

source: https://twitter.com/KyleHotz/status/1149817535321268224

Glad you enjoyed this one shot! Yeah similar to Adamantium Agenda, Luke was a little useless here unfortunately.

Regarding the Long Night, I remember during the Podcast version, that either Pierce or Marshall theorized that Hudson could hide his X-Gene when he was in human form but it was a strange explanation. Saying he's a Wendigo in the comics adaptation makes more sense to me.

Speaking of the Long Night, I just finished listening to the second episode of the Lost Trail and it was impressive:

spoilers:
    We learn that Agent Pierce is much more ruthless than in the Long Night especially when it comes to mindwiping people, we also learn new things about Maureen. She was investigating the disappearance of several mutants and she was a software engineer who always tried to make connections between music and mathematics in order to figure things out. We also learn a little more about her relationship with Logan and how much she miss him (especially Logan being constantly paranoiac about Weapon X lol) and we finally meet Gambit.

Speaking of Gambit, Logan finds his card at Maureen's appartment during his investigation, Logan already knows him and knows where to find him which lead us to a great poker scene where Logan does what he does best: kicking ass and taking names Remy tells Logan about a woman named Bonnie Roach, she's the leader of a motorcycle gang named "the Coldblooded". He explains to Logan that he wanted to help a mutant named Pink, who dared to resist against Bonnie, by bringing him to Maureen's place but she was already gone that's why he left his card at her appartment.

Speaking of Bonnie we also meet her shortly after, she's a psychopath who loves to hunt and feed mutants to her alligators and she has been working with Weapon X and Agent Pierce for a while. Pierce tells her who is her new target: Logan a.k.a the Wolverine.
    end of spoilers

Really impressive episode, the writing, the voice acting and the sound effects are just astounding, the new characters are really interesting too and Marcus and Logan are such a great duo lol. I think the highlight of this episode is:

spoilers:
    The Maureen's scene when Marcus is reading her diary, his voice slowly fading into Maureen's voice as she recaps the events of her investigation and her history with Logan then the mix of dreaming sequence and reality with the rain, the whispers and Maureen trying to figure out the "song" of everything that's happening to her, such a great scene.
    end of spoilers

So yeah really good stuff!
    I would miss Buttercup .

Damn, Lost Trail is already avaliable?, i had to get into it then fast.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I would miss Buttercup .

Damn, Lost Trail is already avaliable?, i had to get into it then fast.
    R.I.P Buttercup, you fought well

Yeah the first episode was released last month if I'm not mistaken, the second episode was released last monday and the third episode should be available tomorrow

You know thinking about it, Percy as the next Wolverine writer could be really interesting!

R.I.P Buttercup, you fought well

Yeah the first episode was released last month if I'm not mistaken, the second episode was released last monday and the third episode should be available tomorrow

You know thinking about it, Percy as the next Wolverine writer could be really interesting!
    Truly, the hero that we didn't deserve.

Thanks for the information, i hadn't read your spoilers yet, so i'm going to try to listen tomorrow night.

I have mixed feelings about the idea, but he is not a bad choice, he also said that he has a new book on Marvel in twitter, so is very likely that it is the new Wolverine solo.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Is the Blade and Wolverine book a recommend? I mean, the concept sounds perfect, but I'm being a bit more selective these days.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Is the Blade and Wolverine book a recommend? I mean, the concept sounds perfect, but I'm being a bit more selective these days.
    Is nothing offesinve and i got a laught about certain scene half-way into it. Plus i love the X-Force suit. But as a story?, meh, is nothing spectacular, without the artwork it would be incredibly forgetable. If you haven't read it, i would recomend you the War of the Realms one-shot by Tom Taylor, i didn't even need to read the event to understand what happened.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Is nothing offesinve and i got a laught about certain scene half-way into it. Plus i love the X-Force suit. But as a story?, meh, is nothing spectacular, without the artwork it would be incredibly forgetable. If you haven't read it, i would recomend you the War of the Realms one-shot by Tom Taylor, i didn't even need to read the event to understand what happened.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that one-shot.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Talking about leftover characters the guy has created at least one almost every run, you have Shogun in DOW, Fantomelle in Wolverines and Persephone in ROW, all who only pretty much only appeared in the book they debuted in, never taking off to becoming well and established characters.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Fantomelle returns (I think she also appeared in Uncanny Inhumans), she was the only good thing from that horrendous Wolverines serie in my opinion.

Truly, the hero that we didn't deserve.

Thanks for the information, i hadn't read your spoilers yet, so i'm going to try to listen tomorrow night.

I have mixed feelings about the idea, but he is not a bad choice, he also said that he has a new book on Marvel in twitter, so is very likely that it is the new Wolverine solo.
    You're welcome! Percy can be hit and miss for sure especially with his DC work and it's a shame that he messed up the ending of the Long Night because I loved almost everything about this podcast. The first two episodes of the Lost trail impressed me so I hope he will do a good job with the ending this time lol. Cates is still the writer I want to see on the relaunch for sure but Percy/Ferreyra could be a good team for the relaunch too.

I like the art but I wasn't really impressed by the story to be honest. Of all the one-shot featuring Wolverine that Marvel released recently my favorites are Exit Wounds and the WOTR one-shot that TheCape mentioned, both are really good.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into that one-shot.
    Your welcome.
    Oh, if you want something more traditional with Logan, check the Wolverine: Exit Wounds. Is pretty good.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I wouldn't mind seeing Fantomelle returns (I think she also appeared in Uncanny Inhumans), she was the only good thing from that horrendous Wolverines serie in my opinion.

You're welcome! Percy can be hit and miss for sure especially with his DC work and it's a shame that he messed up the ending of the Long Night because I loved almost everything about this podcast. The first two episodes of the Lost trail impressed me so I hope he will do a good job with the ending this time lol. Cates is still the writer I want to see on the relaunch for sure but Percy/Ferreyra could be a good team for the relaunch too.

I like the art but I wasn't really impressed by the story to be honest. Of all the one-shot featuring Wolverine that Marvel released recently my favorites are Exit Wounds and the WOTR one-shot that TheCape mentioned, both are really good.
    I never bothered to read Wolverines, but can you tell me about Fantomelle, what is her deal?

If Ferreyra is in the artwork, then i'm willing to risk it with Percy, he automatically improves anything, shame that we can't have Otto S. too. Of course our dark lord Cates is still the preferred choice

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona