Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I never bothered to read Wolverines, but can you tell me about Fantomelle, what is her deal?
    I remember her being like a female Fantomex with a kind of spirit animal sidekick.

Me, I barely even remember that weekly to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember her being like a female Fantomex with a kind of spirit animal sidekick.

Considering how no one talks about, i'm not surprised that you don't lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Will we get a Wolverine solo this year, i'm serious as Hickman gaining control over the X line seemingly hasn't interfered with Wolverine books, as one shots are still coming out the woodworks every now and then. I thought his return to the MU and X-Men would've set back his solo stuff until he was fully back but here we are, still with nothing. The latest thing we know is that he'll appear in the upcoming Acts of Evil event in yet another one shot (September).

Aside from Marvel milking 5.99 price tagged one shots instead of 3.99 standard issues from us, the disjointed feel and lack of a good long running arc from these one shots are annoying me. Maybe they'll do something after Dead Man Logan finishes to bring over those readers to Wolvie's new book

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolverine is almost his own franchice he is just deepely connected to the X-men but he wasn't even created there.
    He really doesn't depend on what plans there are for the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wolverine is almost his own franchice he is just deepely connected to the X-men but he wasn't even created there.
    He is still part of the line thought, he is more like a sub-franchise. But yeah, his solo stuff is rarely affected for what happens in the X-Books, mostly because he doesn't have a base of operations like most characters.

My guest is that they are going to announce his solo soon, but it won't come out until Dead Man Logan is done.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I never bothered to read Wolverines, but can you tell me about Fantomelle, what is her deal?

If Ferreyra is in the artwork, then i'm willing to risk it with Percy, he automatically improves anything, shame that we can't have Otto S. too. Of course our dark lord Cates is still the preferred choice
    From what I remember both her and her friend (I don't remember if he was her boyfriend) were experimented on by the Weapon X program from Paradise Valley (where Logan died during Death of Wolverine). Her powers are similar to Fantomex, she's an expert thief that steals several items belonging to superheroes (except items that could hurt people) for collectors.
    She can heal really fast, cast illusions and she can move her body's position in 6 dimensions that allowed her to somehow break the laws of physics. She always has a fox as a pet with her named Culpepper (that also has some powers) and always talk to her telepathically.

I mean she's not the best character ever but I like her design, her powers, her personality and her relationship with her fox, she was much more interesting than 99% of the cast of the Wolverines series lol.

I can't blame you, it was a truly forgettable series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Will we get a Wolverine solo this year, i'm serious as Hickman gaining control over the X line seemingly hasn't interfered with Wolverine books, as one shots are still coming out the woodworks every now and then. I thought his return to the MU and X-Men would've set back his solo stuff until he was fully back but here we are, still with nothing. The latest thing we know is that he'll appear in the upcoming Acts of Evil event in yet another one shot (September).

Aside from Marvel milking 5.99 price tagged one shots instead of 3.99 standard issues from us, the disjointed feel and lack of a good long running arc from these one shots are annoying me. Maybe they'll do something after Dead Man Logan finishes to bring over those readers to Wolvie's new book
    Too many one-shots for sure, if I have to guess I think the next Wolverine ongoing will start around October/November after the end of the Dead Man Logan series and as part of the Wave 1 books of the next X-Men relaunch. Next Sunday we should get some informations during the SDCC panel.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-14-2019 at 03:00 PM.

To be honest I think part of the mess of the return has been the lack of a proper solo Wolverine book so Logan's return and reunion has just been spread out so randomly across multiple books.

But yeah, with Hickman's new era I figure they'll finally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'd like him to interact with The Immortal Hulk. Actually didn't he in Hulkverines where Banner acted pretty much like normal..

Talking about the Wolverine franchise, around when Liu was on X-23, Wolverine and Daken had on-goings in the 'Wolverine' line, after Daken/Wolverine died it faded away. If Marvel is going to publish a Wolverine line like Spideys then i think those 3 would be good to start it off again. Daken has to evil though, i want enough dissonance from Laura's now lawful good type books and Wolverine's chaotic good stuff or neutral depending on the psychopath writing. If OML wasn't gonna hit dirt, i think you could mould his wastelands stories enough so that it won't overlap with Wolverine's, perhaps have him be in a group by group basis with Danny Cage and Banner Jr, instead solo like most Wolverine books, plus i think the wastelands are interesting enough to do some things with.
    And lastly just throw in one of his rogues as a last book like Dr Oc's, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, any of them or maybe something with that resurrected character that's been sitting around a dingy apartment for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Too many one-shots for sure, if I have to guess I think the next Wolverine ongoing will start around October/November after the end of the Dead Man Logan series and as part of the Wave 1 books of the next X-Men relaunch. Next Sunday we should get some informations during the SDCC panel.
    Yeah i was going to ask when is the next CC event thing, have a feeling Soule will be there to talk about more unfulfilling stories for Wolverine with no proper conclusions and unestablished non-sense again.

To be honest I think part of the mess of the return has been the lack of a proper solo Wolverine book so Logan's return and reunion has just been spread out so randomly across multiple books.

But yeah, with Hickman's new era I figure they'll finally do it.
    Looking at all the random revivals and fast paced action HOX/POX is getting off too, wanna bet Logan's reunion will be either rushed or will happen late this year or early the next. That'll soon be 4 years counting from Marvel Legacy if i'm counting right.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yeah, just waiting for that solo.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    We all are, Exit Wounds calmed me a bit, but it wasn't enough.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I just finished listening to the third episode of the Lost Trail, really good stuff once again. As expected after the cliffhanger of the previous episode, this episode is more action oriented:

spoilers:
    We finally meet the "Coldblooded" gang and learn a little more about them and their leader Bonnie. There is some protest among them about Bonnie taking the government's money though (especially after they learned that the government is using mutants as soldiers), but Bonnie mentioned that the coldblooded don't work for anyone but her and she only cares about killing every mutants in the country although right now their mission is just to capture Logan. Thanks to the Weapon X files supplied to Bonnie and her gang by Pierce, we learn Logan's height (5’2) and that he used to work for the U.S government.

We also learn some informations about the missing persons and we finally hear the name of one of the main antagonist: Jason Wyngarde. It seems that Logan knows him but he can't remember him because of his missing memories, and we hear where he's hiding: "Greenhaven". We get some references about Logan's trip to Japan and we also meet Flamingeaux, an old friend that Logan met in Palestine and who wants to help him with his investigation.

But the main attraction of this episode is the big fight between Logan and the Coldblooded gang and the confrontation between Logan and Pierce, we learn why she has a different voice now and we also hear her "sentinel" voice.

We also get some informations about the Weapon X program and how they use mutants as living arsenal and by the end of the episode the Logan and Marcus are ready to start their quest towards Greenhaven.
    end of spoilers

Damn I feel bad for Logan, everyone is making fun of his face and of his look in this episode lol. The revelations about Wolverine and Weapon X are really interesting, Bonnie and her gang are crazy and Pierce is becoming more and more terrifying compared to the Long Night.

The relationship between Marcus and Logan is also developped quite well in this episode, speaking of Marcus I really like this character for now. Judging by Logan's reaction after he ushered the name of what appeared to be the main antagonist, it looks like there might be a big connection between them and Weapon X. Maybe we will learn more in the next episode judging by the cliffhanger but for now Percy is doing a good job at building this mystery.

So yeah really good episode!
    Last edited by Hush; 07-16-2019 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Fixed spoilers tag

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    We all are, Exit Wounds calmed me a bit, but it wasn't enough.
    The Wolverine relaunch can't come soon enough, I just hope Marvel and the X-Office will get it right this time.

The Wolverine relaunch can't come soon enough, I just hope Marvel and the X-Office will get it right this time.

I am excited for a solo series. I think we won’t get one until Hickman has established the new status quo. So either well into his run or maybe even after the House/Power books are done.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Yeah i was going to ask when is the next CC event thing, have a feeling Soule will be there to talk about more unfulfilling stories for Wolverine with no proper conclusions and unestablished non-sense again.
    Let's hope not lol. Jordan D. White just announced during the most recent X-Men Monday that we'll hear about the first wave of X-Books post HOX/POX on Saturday.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-it-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am excited for a solo series. I think we won’t get one until Hickman has established the new status quo. So either well into his run or maybe even after the House/Power books are done.
    Yeah, I'm really curious about what kind of new status quo Hickman is going to establish and the impact on the X-Men & Wolverine franchises, especially after seeing how much Marvel has been hyping up this HOX/POX saga those last few months.

House of X #1 sneak peek:

You can download for free the "House of X/Powers of X Free Previews" on Comixology (5 pages preview for each mini):

https://www.comixology.com/House-of-...l-comic/783932

Looks like Logan is happy in this new world, that's a nice change especially after what he went through recently!