Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So, what are you guys' favorite appearances of Wolverine outside of X-Men and his solo series? I quite liked his run in New Avengers.

The Incredible Hulk Vol.1 #340 "Vicious Circle" by Peter David & Todd McFarlane, a very underrated gem and a great Hulk/Wolverine story, honestly i kind of miss PAD writting Wolverine.

Spider-Man Versus Wolverine Vol.1 #1 by Christopher Priest & Mark Bright, is a classic tale that managed to make converge a Wolverine story and an Spider-Man story pretty well for the most part.

I was never very into New Avengers personally, BMB take on Logan was never of my liking.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's the Old Man, not 616, so I don't think this really applies But clone relationships in Marvel are inconsistent to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's the Old Man, not 616, so I don't think this really applies But clone relationships in Marvel are inconsistent to say the least.
    It still applies to 616 Logan as well since him and OML are genetically the same person. Remove the "interdimensional dystopian future" part, and I think we have the relation down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It still applies to 616 Logan as well since him and OML are genetically the same person. Remove the "interdimensional dystopian future" part, and I think we have the relation down.
    OTOH, Laura never recognized the Old Man as being related to her at all. In fact she on several occasions emphatically rejected the notion when others suggested it. While Laura and Gabby consider one another sisters rather than mother/daughter, so clearly conventional genetic relationships DON'T apply, but rather it's as much matter of how the characters PERCEIVE each other as it is simply genetics (IE Laura and Daken consider each other brother and sister, as opposed to aunt and nephew). Until we actually see Gabby and 616 Logan interact we simply don't know whether she views him as her father as Laura does or not.

I actually do hope the second wave has a Wolverines Vol. 2 so we can ACTUALLY see those relationships properly developed and defined. Plus we've never truly gotten to see Logan and his entire genetic family together in action (IIRC, the only time 616 Logan, Laura, and Daken all appeared together was during Dark Reign when Daken was with Osborn during the attack on Utopia). The first arc can deal with Daken's status (there's a potential for conflict; Laura and Gabby would want to fix whatever Soteira did to him, while Logan may want to put him down for good. Again).

OTOH, Laura never recognized the Old Man as being related to her at all. In fact she on several occasions emphatically rejected the notion when others suggested it. While Laura and Gabby consider one another sisters rather than mother/daughter, so clearly conventional genetic relationships DON'T apply, but rather it's as much matter of how the characters PERCEIVE each other as it is simply genetics (IE Laura and Daken consider each other brother and sister, as opposed to aunt and nephew). Until we actually see Gabby and 616 Logan interact we simply don't know whether she views him as her father as Laura does or not.

I actually do hope the second wave has a Wolverines Vol. 2 so we can ACTUALLY see those relationships properly developed and defined. Plus we've never truly gotten to see Logan and his entire genetic family together in action (IIRC, the only time 616 Logan, Laura, and Daken all appeared together was during Dark Reign when Daken was with Osborn during the attack on Utopia). The first arc can deal with Daken's status (there's a potential for conflict; Laura and Gabby would want to fix whatever Soteira did to him, while Logan may want to put him down for good. Again).
    Forgive me, if I'm spouting some nonsense since I haven't followed Laura since about ANW #13, but I heard it was revealed that Laura is also Sarah's daughter, making her Logan's child instead of clone? So, genetically Gabby would also be Logan's daughter, she probably only used grandpa with OML because of his age. But true, she could view him as something else entirely instead of dad, though genetically he is.

BANNED

Forgive me, if I'm spouting some nonsense since I haven't followed Laura since about ANW #13, but I heard it was revealed that Laura is also Sarah's daughter, making her Logan's child instead of clone? So, genetically Gabby would also be Logan's daughter, she probably only used grandpa with OML because of his age. But true, she could view him as something else entirely instead of dad, though genetically he is.
    In Adamantium Agenda Taylor establishes Laura carries some of Sarah's DNA. On Twitter he says he meant that it's not actually 50/50 just "enough," whatever that's supposed to mean. However no one so far has done anything to actually explore this, so right now it's just a footnote. For all intents and purposes, Marvel still seems to be marketing her as his clone.

Like I said, clone relationships in comics are weird and inconsistent. So we kind of have to rely on how the characters define themselves.

The point is, 616 Logan and Old Man Logan — whatever their genetic makeup — are not the same person (even if the writers often forgot that themselves). So whatever relationship Gabby ascribes to the Old Man doesn't automatically hold true with "main" Logan.

Astonishing Member

No one really knows, since then Taylor says it wasent that case, takaki ignored it, and a marvel post of uncanny said she was distrustful of the revival. Maybe if marvel had them interact at some point we would have a answer ? I'm my opinion marvel tried to make this plot in to a copy of batman v deathstroke but it cant work if we know who the parents are ,Laura always views Logan and Sara as her parents. Your better off forgetting most of hunt they were plot points for other series cut out and repurposed to stall for time to finish the train wreck that was retuen.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-03-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Obviously, but it shows how Gabby views him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Obviously, but it shows how Gabby views him
    However this is Gabby that we’re talking about who doesn’t always react in the most lateral way. As was said above, the grandpa part is most likely due to his age more than anything to be taken literally. Later in the same series she basically inferred that Sarah is also her mother due to the fact that she’s Laura’s mother and that she’s Laura’s clone. So I’d imagine that if Laura sees Logan as her father, Gabby would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    However this is Gabby that we’re talking about who doesn’t always react in the most lateral way. As was said above, the grandpa part is most likely due to his age more than anything to be taken literally. Later in the same series she basically inferred that Sarah is also her mother due to the fact that she’s Laura’s mother and that she’s Laura’s clone. So I’d imagine that if Laura sees Logan as her father, Gabby would as well.
    Obviously its subjective but as far as I know, this is the only time their relationship has been addressed on panel in any form, regardless if its an AR Logan. Until its redefined when she and Logan meet up, thats what Im going with

Astonishing Member

Know what would solve this question marvel had Logan and his kids/clones interact. It worked wonders for batman and superman it should work with him

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    So, what are you guys' favorite appearances of Wolverine outside of X-Men and his solo series? I quite liked his run in New Avengers.

Most recently i liked that Venom vietnam story he was in, always into war stuff and in general i find all his encounters with Punisher great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Know what would solve this question marvel had Logan and his kids/clones interact. It worked wonders for batman and superman it should work with him
    unfortunately Marvel double downed on them once he died, so there wasnt much chance for that to happen until now

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Most recently i liked that Venom vietnam story he was in, always into war stuff and in general i find all his encounters with Punisher great.
    V'Nam was awesome.

Punisher War Zone by Rucka also has some good moments for Logan.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona