Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Well, I've just read ROW #4. It appears Soule achieved the impossible. He somehow made this comic painful to read. And they call it RETURN OF WOLVERINE. What a disgrace...

I read ROW #4, pretty much nothing happen, well nothing that we didn't figure out anyway. They still haven't told us why Logan is alive either, but at least it give us an idea of what all those Hunt apperances mean.

Overall, is a pretty mediocre issue, when i finished was like "wait that's it".

I also had no clue about what i'm supposed to be mad about in this story, is not good, but still nothing controversial has happened.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I liked it more than the first three issues but we needed this kinda movement from the beginning. Now I just want to see #5 so we can have Wolverine fully returned

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    Well, I've just read ROW #4. It appears Soule achieved the impossible. He somehow made this comic painful to read. And they call it RETURN OF WOLVERINE. What a disgrace...
    I still dont know what pherspone can accual do is she a necromancer ? Also since Logan killed ana while back wouldn't he be able to tell she was dead by smelling her decomposing, why was he in his costume in issue 1, and lastly why did bottles and smoke make kitty declare the xmen to retreated.
    I know I used to complaine some characters were left out but thank god they were.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I also had no clue about what i'm supposed to be mad about in this story, is not good, but still nothing controversial has happened.
    That's exactly it. Nothing happens. The whole storyline's boring as hell. And for me it's the most controversial thing of all. I just had such big hopes for this series,so now i'm a little angry.

I think we are supposed to be mad about what happened to Bobby even though thanks to the fact this takes place before Uncanny we already know he’s fine.

Typical of Marvel with these Wolverine events tread water for every issue then cram all the answers into the last one. This series literally could have been two issues long maybe just a one shot.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I think we are supposed to be mad about what happened to Bobby even though thanks to the fact this takes place before Uncanny we already know he’s fine.
    We dont need to know thos takes pla e before uxm to know bobbys fine all he was was cut in half thats nothing compared to what hes been through before
    X-Men Forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Also this issue and whole return "event" is not good at all
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member

I actually really liked this issue. Persephone is freaky and weird, but her power is so unexpected and creepy that I love her! Also explains the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I actually really liked this issue. Persephone is freaky and weird, but her power is so unexpected and creepy that I love her! Also explains the zombies.
    I had to admit, i actually like her powers, if it hasn't taken this long thanks to the delays to get here, it migth be more forgiving with this issue.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

with the rocket ship at the end of the issue maybe next issue will explain how Wolverine join with the Phoenix

Extraordinary Member

I had to admit, i actually like her powers, if it hasn't taken this long thanks to the delays to get here, it migth be more forgiving with this issue.
    Yes, the delays are hurting this book more than anything.

BANNED

Hah. I was thinking about Persephone and how she ragdolled Logan all around. This issue reminds me of Mr. X and how he neutralized Logan. When he sought out who X is, he was so much furious about him that out of nowhere he escaped from him and gutted him.
    But ROW was so much underwhelming in terms of Logan's point of view for all the hot claws and MYSTERIOUS resurrection, Phoenix Wolverine, HFW and top of that his fight with X-Men(which happened so many times for last few years) , that it became the opposite of what I read during Tieri's run, even though she had a familar background with respect to X.
    If they have just omitted all of this nonsense and made a simple Wolverine story with no big characters to be invovled then it wouldn't have been bad that's for sure. Regardless this issue was just another underwhelming issue like other ROW.
    I don't think I am going to post in here for now. I just wanted a proper Wolverine ongoing and Marvel just replaced them with minis which totally sucks. It makes me afraid that they will not even bother to make another Wolverine ongoing by the end of this year.

Astonishing Member

I read ROW #4, pretty much nothing happen, well nothing that we didn't figure out anyway. They still haven't told us why Logan is alive either, but at least it give us an idea of what all those Hunt apperances mean. I know this is supposed to be appreacion but a plot device character, really you might have just made it wepon X

Overall, is a pretty mediocre issue, when i finished was like "wait that's it".

Know something so sad its funny they do reveal it in this issue, the story and pherspone tells and the display was ment to show, she can raise the dead and that's how he came back. No mistery, no plan, just lady can revive people and that's it. I spent $20 to find out a copy of Layla plot device Miller brought him back cause of plot.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-16-2019 at 03:52 PM.