Page 168 of 234 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    We don’t know. Also, I have a suspicion Wanda herself might have fractured reality in the TV series and perhaps also the film so it might not be actually turning Wanda into Doctor Strange’s magic appreciate.
    You've just mentioned the #1 thing fans in this thread are afraid of, that she'll be (or start out) as the antagonist. However it doesn't seem all that likely, especially when they still have so few superpowered women in the MCU (though who knows, I've seen people who are very sensitive to misogyny in portrayals of other characters who think it would be totally cool to see Wanda go baby-crazy in the MCU).

But in any case 2021 will be a bigger year for the character than they probably thought it would be a few months ago and now they really don't know what the MCU future is for her, where before it just seemed like she would either settle down with Vision, fracture reality to be with him, or both.

It also could be a misreading of the actual point of the line. There has been an assumption that any retcon will be a low key thing like the original 80s tale. If they are going the other way and want it part of a big splashy event reviving the controversy would be the way to go.

We don’t know. Also, I have a suspicion Wanda herself might have fractured reality in the TV series and perhaps also the film so it might not be actually turning Wanda into Doctor Strange’s magic appreciate.
    She has to first get the ability to warp reality in that universe before she can even use it. And that was all tied to Chthon. And even then, isn't instant. Wanda has to be tapping into a power source strong enough to warp reality. So they would have to be forgetting a lot of her lore to make that happen. Which would be crappy.

Even if they told it from the point that she warps reality first then learns about it, she'd have to somehow know to use something to give herself more power. Otherwise it's just a sudden power upgrade with no explanation in her own show that should have the time to establish it.

So the best guess that actually fleshes out the character in her own series is, someone else might be doing it. It could be someone that leads her to learning about her Chthonic link.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She has to first get the ability to warp reality in that universe before she can even use it. And that was all tied to Chthon. And even then, isn't instant. Wanda has to be tapping into a power source strong enough to warp reality. So they would have to be forgetting a lot of her lore to make that happen. Which would be crappy.

Even if they told it from the point that she warps reality first then learns about it, she'd have to somehow know to use something to give herself more power. Otherwise it's just a sudden power upgrade with no explanation in her own show that should have the time to establish it.

So the best guess that actually fleshes out the character in her own series is, someone else might be doing it. It could be someone that leads her to learning about her Chthonic link.
    Well it wouldn’t have to have anything to do with Chthon. I didn’t like Disassembled/House of M better than any other Wanda fan but the explanation they used - Strange says her powers were greater than she knew and are now out of control - was enough for new readers.

I think the MCU doesn’t usually trash characters and make them unusable the way those stories did but they also seem to like simple origins/explanations. So I could see something like Wanda not realizing just how much power she got from the Mind Stone and needing to learn magic to control it, like she learned magic to control her mutant hex power.

Whatever, she’s not in anything now so all there is to do is speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well it wouldn’t have to have anything to do with Chthon. I didn’t like Disassembled/House of M better than any other Wanda fan but the explanation they used - Strange says her powers were greater than she knew and are now out of control - was enough for new readers.

I think the MCU doesn’t usually trash characters and make them unusable the way those stories did but they also seem to like simple origins/explanations. So I could see something like Wanda not realizing just how much power she got from the Mind Stone and needing to learn magic to control it, like she learned magic to control her mutant hex power.

Whatever, she’s not in anything now so all there is to do is speculate.
    She had already had the established link by AD/HoM. People reading just that event is why so many have so many misconceptions about the character. So creating more isn't a good thing.

Her show should have her full lore, or it won't be good. Like I said, instant power ups with no explanation. That'd make it lazy.

Also, the Infinity Stones have been over-used as it is. Time to put them away for a while.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I would bet a lot on it that this Series starts out in this “Sitcom” – environment and then over the course of the series it is revealed how this happened. That way it can start with that scenario and still show in flashbacks how her powers evolved.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Oh, thank you! Yes, that I haven’t seen before. Can you or anyone else tell me the exact Issue number? Looks like her Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 outfit. I am always glad so see something with Wanda that I haven’t found jet.
    Very Glad You Liked it and it brought you joy Probability010, always happy to bring Good and New Positive Wanda Moments to my Fellow Wanda Fans and Friends!

It was from the 2014 Series, Before Secret Wars II in 2015, Called The Amazing X-Men Issue #15!

Link and Image of the Cover Below;

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Amazin...omic/36300?r=1

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Glad my favourite X-Man isn't an anti-Wanda Bigot.
    Indeed, I always Felt Kurt even before this and well after was a Very Kind and Understanding Individual out of many characters in or outside the X-Men Franchise.

So I am Glad you Favorite X-Men stood up for Wanda and Made you Proud Leokearon ~~~ BUT, it does not stop Their Either For Kurt and Wanda.

In Next Issue, Amazing X-Men Issue #16(2014), Kurt Continues and how he says it makes me Like him even more. =)

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Amazin...omic/36393?r=1

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They've known about the series since at least last September when Variety announced it, so I don't know why that would matter to their plans.

On the other hand, the announcement that Wanda would be in the Doctor Strange sequel was a big surprise to most of her fans. Before that announcement a lot of people thought the series might either write her out of the MCU, or open the door to her joining up with the MCU X-Men franchise. Now it seems like they're moving her over to the mystical side and her becoming MCU Magneto's daughter has gone from "unlikely" to "really really unlikely."

Whether that has any impact on Marvel's publishing plans I don't know, because I don't know how much the MCU really affects their publishing plans (if it did, Wanda might have been allowed to be in the Avengers comic occasionally) or whether anyone on the publishing side hears about any of this in advance (at least since Feige shut down the Creative Committee).
    I personally do think it points the direction of where Wanda is heading in MCU, though a lot of people still want WV/DS2 to be some kind of mutant breeding ground.

Extraordinary Member

It also could be a misreading of the actual point of the line. There has been an assumption that any retcon will be a low key thing like the original 80s tale. If they are going the other way and want it part of a big splashy event reviving the controversy would be the way to go.

She doesn't need to be the apprentice, she never was in the comics. That's Agatha's job and Wanda who uses different branch of magic is just another one of his weirdo allies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I don't think she can actively do it. Maybe it's a Morgan Le Fay situation(but in a none-violent way), like Modred or some other people are directing her power for stuff she doesn't even know she can do.
    Or the antagonist is using reality warping power at first and he is HoMing Wanda(reading her desire and fullfill it with RW power, not for a benevolent reason of course.), later Wanda would discover that power is from the same source as hers or something.(Agatha explains!) Then develop her own RW as a means for counter strike.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

[...]

In Next Issue, Amazing X-Men Issue #16(2014), Kurt Continues and how he says it makes me Like him even more. =)

[...]
    Thank you for the answer.
    Oh, I see, Kurt’s answer is simple, but spot-on
    A bit off-topic question, but regarding the cover of Issue 16, is Firestar actually in that Issue? She is one of my childhood-heros, even though I almost forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm surprised by the Young Jean Grey one, but Magik is another surprised. The rest I could understand given their time on the Uncanny Avengers and Polaris....Well it's Polaris which X-men overlook.

I just want to see Wanda on an X-men theme Adventure to see their point of view for once.
    With the Young Jean Grey that was issue 7 of Dennis Hopeless’s “Jean Grey”. I don’t wanna sound like a salesman, but I recommend that entire run to everyone. To no big surprise issue number 7 is my favorite one.

Scarlet Witch and Magik are in a team formed by Doctor Strange that I think he never gave a name, so I call it “The team of the greatest magic users of the World”. Or “Doctor Strange’s After Work Club”, I haven’t decided yet. It was mostly featured during “Last Days of Magic” which was not so much an event but rather an arc in an ongoing Doctor Strange - run. Near the beginning of that arc Wanda and Illyana are hanging out in a bar, literally standing side-by-side. Been a while, maybe someone here can pinpoint the issue number. To be precise in the location, that was “The Bar with no Doors”.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    With the Young Jean Grey that was issue 7 of Dennis Hopeless’s “Jean Grey”. I don’t wanna sound like a salesman, but I recommend that entire run to everyone. To no big surprise issue number 7 is my favorite one.

Scarlet Witch and Magik are in a team formed by Doctor Strange that I think he never gave a name, so I call it “The team of the greatest magic users of the World”. Or “Doctor Strange’s After Work Club”, I haven’t decided yet. It was mostly featured during “Last Days of Magic” which was not so much an event but rather an arc in an ongoing Doctor Strange - run. Near the beginning of that arc Wanda and Illyana are hanging out in a bar, literally standing side-by-side. Been a while, maybe someone here can pinpoint the issue number. To be precise in the location, that was “The Bar with no Doors”.
    While I don't particular care for "The Last Days of Magic" arc, I like the idea of a bar where magic users hang out.
    Though kinda disappointed only really good guys are there(the most "villainous" person appearing there is probably Loki)
    I think they could make it a mystical "Switzerland" for all trades of magic users, kinda like the Continental from John Wick.(A neutral ground for assassins and hitmen.)
    No matter what faction you are with, what kind of magic you use, no fighting and conflict here. Stephen and his friends occupy their own table while villains cilling in another one.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed, I always Felt Kurt even before this and well after was a Very Kind and Understanding Individual out of many characters in or outside the X-Men Franchise.

So I am Glad you Favorite X-Men stood up for Wanda and Made you Proud Leokearon ~~~ BUT, it does not stop Their Either For Kurt and Wanda.

Yeah for more Kurt standing up for Wanda. Also it seems the X-men (and their fans) that Wanda repowered the mutant race and seeming made more of them than ever before.
    Last edited by leokearon; 09-08-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Hurray for Brazilian comic fans
    Also applause to the organizers of that Book festival to not give in to any kind of censorship.

Hard to tell from the distance, but maybe even “thumbs up” to the police agents to not let the situation escalate.

Wait, I’m just gonna strap on my tin foil hat.

*done*

Theory 1: This is all orchestrated by Marvel, to get more people to read a story that contains Wanda. To promote her upcoming series and the Doctors Strange movie, of course. Afterall, Brazil still owns Marvel one because it dragged on so long giving the “go” for its branches regarding the Disney Fox merger.

Theory 2: Brian Michael Bendis is behind all this, the Major of Rio de Janeiro is merely his string puppet. We have no idea how Bendis’s power has silently grown. After years of preparation, he now finally launches his campaign to eradicate “Avengers: The Children’s Crusade”, the story that at least partially undid his destruction of Wanda’s reputation. This is just the beginning, it will roam over the word until not a single copy of “Children’s Crusade” is left. Some of the copies he will personally eat.

Well of course I am aware that this is not really about Wanda, it is about serious real-live issues. To me, this is the craziest real-live story that is at least somewhat related to Wanda. And as of right now, an ongoing development.