Page 188 of 234 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanda's getting one of her UA costumes on Marvel Future Fight:

Interesting!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd love if it ended up being someone like Helen Mirren.
    Helen Mirren literally is Agatha. She would be perfect.

Agatha is awesome; wise, smart, snarky, scary, but with a heart of gold.

I would love a post-credit scene for DSItMoM and WandaVision of Agatha and Ancient One, set in, say, 1980, with them musing on being teachers.
    Last edited by Relugus; 10-12-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

I would love a post-credit scene for DSItMoM and WandaVision of Agatha and Ancient One, set in, say, 1980, with them musing on being teachers.
    Maybe also introduce the Emerald Warlock as well

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wanda's getting one of her UA costumes on Marvel Future Fight:

Sooo close: That looks like Wanda’s outfit from Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 , my favorite outfit of hers (overall, not just UA) is from Vol. 1.

So, from a purely visual point of view, I am actually a bit more exited about Rogues outfit, as this is my favorite outfit of hers. Well, to me its only two outfits she has, that one, and the original one in green-yellow. Maybe, in the end of the day, I don’t care enough about Rogue to notice any further differences in her outfit.

To me this drawing looks stunningly beautiful. I am curious how it will translate to the computermodels.

There is also some speculation that the update actually won’t give uniforms, but give these characters Tier 3 instead.

I just logged in after something like 160 days, see have enough crystals to buy one premium uniform, but I hope they will be for half the price at the beginning. I think that’s what usually happens.

I absolutely love how positive the description is with regards to Wanda, acknowledging that she is a founding member of the Avengers Unity Squad:

MFF_UA_update.jpg

In case anybody wonders, I think in the In-Game descriptions Wanda was always referred to as being a mutant (or at least as Magnetos daughter, not so sure about that), but for the In-Game-Mechanics she is not, i.e. you don’t use “Phoenix Feathers” to upgrade her.

Game companies are likely just not aware of what happens in comics. So they probably go with what they know. Some of them just copy and paste character bios from websites and some of those are dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

You forgot powerful!

Jeremy Conrad is now reporting that Wiccan and Speed are being cast for WandaVision as both babies and young men.

Extraordinary Member

I think every bit of news about WandaVision or Doctor Strange 2, real or fake, is going to terrify me with the prospect of "Wanda goes House of M and Strange has to put her down." I don't think it will happen but we are talking about a franchise that is heavily based on 2000s Marvel comics (which is why I fully believe that Young Avengers is being set up).

The one consolation I have is that it's no longer politically correct to portray mental illness as something that makes people go evil and kill their friends (and shouldn't be). Elizabeth Olsen kind of hinted at this the other day:

“WandaVision” is such an incredible concept. It’s the first time we get to understand her as the Scarlet Witch that she is in the comics, and that’s exciting for me, because I haven’t yet been able to give her that time onscreen. So that’s going to be fun. She’s always been a representation of mental health and illness in the comic book series, and her major role is handling that stigma within Marvel.
    I really winced at that quote because of the "always" - but then she probably hasn't read many comics beyond House of M and maybe the Robinson series - but all I can do is hope that they understand now that it's not supposed to be "stigmatized" in the way that it was in 2004-5.

Mostly I think that's why I'm so disappointed in not having any comics to follow, because I don't enjoy reading rumors and real/fake leaks about 2021. Whatever we get will never be as bad as I can imagine it being but it's still not much fun to think of how a story of Wanda creating her own reality by accident (which seems increasingly what WandaVision will probably be about) could go horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think every bit of news about WandaVision or Doctor Strange 2, real or fake, is going to terrify me with the prospect of "Wanda goes House of M and Strange has to put her down." I don't think it will happen but we are talking about a franchise that is heavily based on 2000s Marvel comics (which is why I fully believe that Young Avengers is being set up).

The one consolation I have is that it's no longer politically correct to portray mental illness as something that makes people go evil and kill their friends (and shouldn't be). Elizabeth Olsen kind of hinted at this the other day:

I really winced at that quote because of the "always" - but then she probably hasn't read many comics beyond House of M and maybe the Robinson series - but all I can do is hope that they understand now that it's not supposed to be "stigmatized" in the way that it was in 2004-5.

Mostly I think that's why I'm so disappointed in not having any comics to follow, because I don't enjoy reading rumors and real/fake leaks about 2021. Whatever we get will never be as bad as I can imagine it being but it's still not much fun to think of how a story of Wanda creating her own reality by accident (which seems increasingly what WandaVision will probably be about) could go horribly wrong.
    I think we can look at Civil War as an indication that, while the MCU might adapt controversial storylines, they won't adapt them in such a way where the heroes become as compromised as they were during them.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we can look at Civil War as an indication that, while the MCU might adapt controversial storylines, they won't adapt them in such a way where the heroes become as compromised as they were during them.
    Very Good points and my view as well, Civil War was far more respectful and gave equal validation to both Tony’s and Steve’s side while still being very though provoking, contentious and with hard drama but without smearing any character or side. The MCU has for the most part constantly shown respect to its characters and concept which leads them to becoming better characters overall.

I have confidence that even if we get some controversial past story elements for Wanda the MCU will do it leading towards a better and more positive outcome then in the original comics.

Also Marvel has teased that they want to make phase 4 more Female so I would say they want to keep it mostly positive for their female characters.

Also to be blunt ~~~ Until I have some hard evidence they are adapting anything from dissembled or HOM I am not going to really worry about it.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 10-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I hope they don't do HoM, or if they do, it's as much to do with it as Age of Ultron was to do with that book. Here's to hoping movie Wanda doesn't get trashed into oblivion too.