Page 170 of 234 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Hmm, Wanda being in that group I always see as a sign of her being “rehabilitated”. Not sure she ever needed that, but I think for some less informed readers it might help a bit. Having villains in that group kinda undermines it in this regard

Aside from that, I like the basic idea. In the Buffy and Angel Comics, there was a Watcher’s Council (not to be confused with the insignificant Watcher’s Council for the Slayers), that had the goal to preserve the remaining magic of the world. It consists for example of Illyria, who is rather affiliated with the good guys, as well as D’Hoffryn, the leader of the Vengeance Demons. So here I could imagine a group where the only condition is that you want to preserve the current reality. Most villains have no interest in the universe getting blown apart under their behind. The Enchantress would be a perfect candidate for membership. Dormammu, I’d rather think not. Of course, that’s only for the actual group. Everyone who is capable to do so should be allowed to enter “The Bar with no Doors”. But under the condition that he/she inside commits no acts of violence that go beyond the typical Bar Brawl. So “punching allowed”, but “no powers”
    I mean a neutral ground where safety is guaranteed, I don't think it would allow dimension rulers since they are too powerful. I am mainly talking about Sorcerers than beings that would be considered deities.(Gods/Demons below skyfather level are fine.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, if it makes you feel better, CBR doesn't really have a good track record with speculation.
    Honestly While I love CBR for their Forums their facts and opinion pages have not been hitting it out of the park lately and not just in this area with this and other one we talked about before.

In the Dragon Ball Community they do Videos, one especially about strongest races in the Dragon Ball Mythos and it was all over the place and got Hammered by fans for not making much sense. It shows that sometimes these points are not well thought threw and this has likely not been the only one either.

Honestly I would not put much stock into this, it is only a theory just like the 1,000 other theories out their about the future of the MCU, fun or otherwise. Especially since Marvel is still chasing the shadow of Wonder Woman and has just begun creating their own Semi-Wonder Women right now, they be taking to much of a risk alienating many general fans if they muddy up Wanda or any other major Woman of the MCU right since they are the talk of the future of the MCU and Hot in popularity right now and going forward.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thank you for the answer.
    Oh, I see, Kurt’s answer is simple, but spot-on
    A bit off-topic question, but regarding the cover of Issue 16, is Firestar actually in that Issue? She is one of my childhood-heros, even though I almost forgot.
    After Look threw the book, YES Firestar is in it abit on at least 3-4 pages maybe more. Cool to hear Firestar is a childhood hero of yours!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Thank you for the answer.
    Oh, I see, Kurt’s answer is simple, but spot-on
    A bit off-topic question, but regarding the cover of Issue 16, is Firestar actually in that Issue? She is one of my childhood-heros, even though I almost forgot.
    Yeah, Firestar has been on the Avengers and X-Men since her debut in the Amazing Friends cartoon, though I think her biggest claim to fame so far is The New Warriors.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    We need your optimism, CJ. Thanks.
    Thanks Allot Gurkle!

With the Young Jean Grey that was issue 7 of Dennis Hopeless’s “Jean Grey”. I don’t wanna sound like a salesman, but I recommend that entire run to everyone. To no big surprise issue number 7 is my favorite one.

Scarlet Witch and Magik are in a team formed by Doctor Strange that I think he never gave a name, so I call it “The team of the greatest magic users of the World”. Or “Doctor Strange’s After Work Club”, I haven’t decided yet. It was mostly featured during “Last Days of Magic” which was not so much an event but rather an arc in an ongoing Doctor Strange - run. Near the beginning of that arc Wanda and Illyana are hanging out in a bar, literally standing side-by-side. Been a while, maybe someone here can pinpoint the issue number. To be precise in the location, that was “The Bar with no Doors”.
    Doctor Strange (2015), Issue #4!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly While I love CBR for their Forums their facts and opinion pages have not been hitting it out of the park lately and not just in this area with this and other one we talked about before.

In the Dragon Ball Community they do Videos, one especially about strongest races in the Dragon Ball Mythos and it was all over the place and got Hammered by fans for not making much sense. It shows that sometimes these points are not well thought threw and this has likely not been the only one either.

Honestly I would not put much stock into this, it is only a theory just like the 1,000 other theories out their about the future of the MCU, fun or otherwise. Especially since Marvel is still chasing the shadow of Wonder Woman and has just begun creating their own Semi-Wonder Women right now, they be taking to much of a risk alienating many general fans if they muddy up Wanda or any other major Woman of the MCU right since they are the talk of the future of the MCU and Hot in popularity right now and going forward.
    Yeah, their opinion articles are awful. Also they talk about stuff they clearly don't know anything about their TF lists they did over the years were cringeworthy

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

[...]

Doctor Strange (2015), Issue #4!

[...]
    Yes, thank you, that is the picture that I meant!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's a 4Chan rumor, not necessarily based on anything.

People have been whispering about Quicksilver coming back almost since he was killed off, but you'd think the WandaVision show would be the perfect opportunity to at least show him again. However we don't even know if Taylor-Johnson wants to come back.
    As much money as the MCU makes, he’d be stupid not too. They’re saying Wanda in a reverse HOM is responsible for making Mutants.

I’d love to see that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    As much money as the MCU makes, he’d be stupid not too. They’re saying Wanda in a reverse HOM is responsible for making Mutants.

I’d love to see that.
    Which is like the very thing people on this thread fear.
    And really, this reverse HoM theory not only sacrifices Wanda's own story but also make the mutant origin cheap as heck.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-10-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Which is like the very thing people on this thread fear.
    And really, this reverse HoM theory not only sacrifices Wanda's own story but also makea the mutant origin cheap as heck.
    Exactly, there is no need for a Reverse HOM, because Wanda already did that in AVsX and it makes no sense in the MCU.
    As I have said before Eternals is the best place to start the mutant origin in the MCU

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

While there obviously is usually no ill-will towards Wanda in this thread, and I think for the most part not even in this entire Forum, to me it feels weird to be on a site that seemingly on purpose bashes Wanda. For what it’s worth, the only other site that I am aware of that’s like this is Screenrant:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-scarlet-...marvel-comics/

In hindsight I wish I had made a screenshot, I swear in the first few hours the title called Wanda a Monster, before changing it to Menace. Maybe someone had already complained, for what little that did. At least that article showed the entire page with the statistic, so that everyone can judge for oneself. But then in the text I found this little jewel here:

“Wanda's decision to leave them living, and instead remove their biological abilities and identity as Mutants? That crosses into distressing moral and ethical grounds the other enemies can't touch.”

Ooookay, so whoever wrote this thinks that outright murdering someone is less of a crime then it would be to take a superpowered person his/hers superpowers away. I would not wanna stand next to the person who wrote this because I am confused about this person’s moral values somuchso that I would be afraid of my life. Now this might be harsh, as this is only about a fictional character. But I do believe that If someone has sufficient knowledge about a fictional character, you can see on his judgment about that charter his sense for right and wrong. Science Fiction and Fantasy is often used as a mirror for society as a whole, after all.

At least this one was better:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-xmen-r...utants-killed/

The article is right, if two numbers completely and unresolvedly contradict, something has to go. I love this part:

… the original continuity error was made by Brian Bendis, in House of M #8, …

Well, this one is certainly not the only continuity error Bendis made, but acknowledging that one is a start . Ironically, that made it for the better. Had Bendis known that he can have Wanda depower millions of mutants instead “only” one million, he surely would have went for it .

While there obviously is usually no ill-will towards Wanda in this thread, and I think for the most part not even in this entire Forum, to me it feels weird to be on a site that seemingly on purpose bashes Wanda. For what it’s worth, the only other site that I am aware of that’s like this is Screenrant:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-scarlet-...marvel-comics/

In hindsight I wish I had made a screenshot, I swear in the first few hours the title called Wanda a Monster, before changing it to Menace. Maybe someone had already complained, for what little that did. At least that article showed the entire page with the statistic, so that everyone can judge for oneself. But then in the text I found this little jewel here:

“Wanda's decision to leave them living, and instead remove their biological abilities and identity as Mutants? That crosses into distressing moral and ethical grounds the other enemies can't touch.”

Ooookay, so whoever wrote this thinks that outright murdering someone is less of a crime then it would be to take a superpowered person his/hers superpowers away. I would not wanna stand next to the person who wrote this because I am confused about this person’s moral values somuchso that I would be afraid of my life. Now this might be harsh, as this is only about a fictional character. But I do believe that If someone has sufficient knowledge about a fictional character, you can see on his judgment about that charter his sense for right and wrong. Science Fiction and Fantasy is often used as a mirror for society as a whole, after all.

At least this one was better:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-xmen-r...utants-killed/

The article is right, if two numbers completely and unresolvedly contradict, something has to go. I love this part:

… the original continuity error was made by Brian Bendis, in House of M #8, …

Well, this one is certainly not the only continuity error Bendis made, but acknowledging that one is a start . Ironically, that made it for the better. Had Bendis known that he can have Wanda depower millions of mutants instead “only” one million, he surely would have went for it .
    It does still mean that technically approximately 15.5 million mutants just vanished, maybe one of them was a reality jumper who took them to another dimension where they would be save after the Genosha attack
    Last edited by leokearon; 09-10-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I’d love to see that.
    I'd like to not have movie Wanda ruined like comics Wanda. She deserves more than being used as a plot device, because people didn't read anything but HoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Well, the filming for WandaVision is delyed for a month till November. Have to wait longer for set pics and stuff.