Page 138 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Let's not forget that Wanda's powers from the start have been basically a Deus Ex machina of sorts. She just twindled her fingers and stuff happened. No-one knew/knows how they work
    It wasn't really deus ex from the beginning though. They were unexplained. But they had the chance at backfiring and causing small accidents. They weren't controlled. They just had the potential to be something more. But she never seemed to have enough power consistently in those early days. She was hardly god like. Nothing about her would even be god related until the Chthon link was established. But even then was never used as an easy solve or to change things suddenly. Deus Ex Machina is a god like device or plot foil used to solve stories easily. Wanda didn't become that until far later.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It typically gives her a form of telekinesis. But most of the powers she's always shown casting are the typical hex bolts and hex spheres sort of deal. Chaos magic was Busiek's way of putting Wanda's abilities under an umbrella. Wanda using chaos magic is only using a small fraction of Chthon's powers. So typically her power level is enough to be an asset, but not too op that she just solves everything on her own. She can achieve reality warping, but only if she taps into that outside source. And it has to be powerful enough to do that. For instance when she tapped into Simon's ionic powers, that gave her the ability to heal or to bring him back to life. So not everything she can tap into can alter reality on an epic scale, but bringing someone back from death does change it on a smaller scale. She just has to be accessing that power.
    I think she bringing Simon back is due to her emotional link than her "using Simon to bring back Simon?"
    Will/Emotion and abstract stuff can also be used for charging her power.

It wasn't really deus ex from the beginning though. They were unexplained. But they had the chance at backfiring and causing small accidents. They weren't controlled. They just had the potential to be something more. But she never seemed to have enough power consistently in those early days. She was hardly god like. Nothing about her would even be god related until the Chthon link was established. But even then was never used as an easy solve or to change things suddenly. Deus Ex Machina is a god like device or plot foil used to solve stories easily. Wanda didn't become that until far later.
    You are right that it didn't always work, but still my point stands that from the start no-one knew how her powers worked (and still don't)

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah but she keeps legoing people in other books so it's confusing whether or not reality warping is part of her regular powerset. Also Never read JLA/Avengers, sadly, did she fight Zatanna or Dr Fate? It'd be cool to see a backwards spells vs hexes battle or a chaos vs order fight
    Reality waping was never part of her powerset, that was nonsense created by Bendis. Even then she could only warp reality due to outside forces

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think she bringing Simon back is due to her emotional link than her "using Simon to bring back Simon?"
    Will/Emotion and abstract stuff can also be used for charging her power.
    That they shared that link and it was part of it. But she also used his ionic energy. I think they were trying to make it more romantic, so it was more emotional.

You are right that it didn't always work, but still my point stands that from the start no-one knew how her powers worked (and still don't)
    That makes them more of a mystery or just comics typical confusion. Because each writer has to try and explain her powers. Each time they seem to make them more complicated than simple.

Extraordinary Member

Reality waping was never part of her powerset, that was nonsense created by Bendis. Even then she could only warp reality due to outside forces
    Well, not her base powerset but it's been part of her powerset since Nexus Being stuff I think?
    If you mean "Unlimited Reality Warps" then yeah, it's pretty much Bendis's reasoning.
    "There is no such things as Chaos Magic! BTW her mutant power is just reality warping the **** out of everything without any precondition."

Well, not her base powerset but it's been part of her powerset since Nexus Being stuff I think?
    If you mean "Unlimited Reality Warps" then yeah, it's pretty much Bendis's reasoning.
    "There is no such things as Chaos Magic! BTW her mutant power is just reality warping the **** out of everything without any precondition."
    Nope, Wanda's powers have been magic and probability altering. Bendis introduced that reality warping nonsense. A Nexus Being largely meant she existed in every reality.

Wanda will get her tiara in Doctor Strange 2!
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...verse-madness/

Extraordinary Member

That site passes on a lot of baseless speculation and their “source” is a random YouTube channel. Don’t get your hopes up until a better source comes along.

We got this covered is right up there with cosmic book news on the bs meter.

Extraordinary Member

Nope, Wanda's powers have been magic and probability altering. Bendis introduced that reality warping nonsense. A Nexus Being largely meant she existed in every reality.
    Nexus Being meant she is kinda a pillar of her own reality.
    While Lore is kinda another version of her, other Nexus Beings Lore killed certainly aren't other versions of Wanda.
    Also "existed in every reality" isn't really special or a big deal, everyone got AU version.
    Also the introduction and concept of Busiek's version of CM is kinda that it reaches Reality Warping level given enough energy. (Even though Wanda believed at first that they are effects of remnants of Morgan's magic.)
    Also Probability Manipulation done to extreme is Reality Warping. If the more energy, larger scale rule applies, her PM power means she can do RW as well.

Nexus Being meant she is kinda a pillar of her own reality.
    While Lore is kinda another version of her, other Nexus Beings Lore killed certainly aren't other versions of Wanda.
    Also "existed in every reality" isn't really special or a big deal, everyone got AU version.
    Also the introduction and concept of Busiek's version of CM is kinda that it reaches Reality Warping level given enough energy. (Even though Wanda believed at first that they are effects of remnants of Morgan's magic.)
    Also Probability Manipulation done to extreme is Reality Warping. If the more energy, larger scale rule applies, her PM power means she can do RW as well.
    You could say the sons were reality warping, but I think the earlier stuff was just too small a deal. It's like with bringing Simon back. They are on the smaller scale, but not enough to change all of reality. But also a lot of that can be done through the general definition of magic too. So you could also say magic wielders are reality warpers. But I just don't consider that on the same scale as creating a different universe, pocket universe or planet. I think scale is important, or it gets too blurry.

Extraordinary Member

You could say the sons were reality warping, but I think the earlier stuff was just too small a deal. It's like with bringing Simon back. They are on the smaller scale, but not enough to change all of reality. But also a lot of that can be done through the general definition of magic too. So you could also say magic wielders are reality warpers. But I just don't consider that on the same scale as creating a different universe, pocket universe or planet. I think scale is important, or it gets too blurry.
    Changing random stuff is reality warping.
    Not only world/universe scale changing count as RW.

A TK user may vary from lifting a ball or a planet, TP user from reading a single mind to mindwiping billions, but they still count as TK/TP users.
    Reality Warping refers to the type and mechanism, not necessarily the level.

Yes, by that defination magic that involves outsource/extra-dimensional energy would all count as RW of some sort.
    My personal take is that Chaos Magic comapred to other magics are that it is more primordial and basic that can shape into anything.(Using raw material)
    While other magic is like using already existing part.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-16-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Changing random stuff is reality warping.
    Not only world/universe scale changing count as RW.

A TK user may vary from lifting a ball or a planet, TP user from reading a single mind to mindwiping billions, but they still count as TK/TP users.
    Reality Warping refers to the type and mechanism, not necessarily the level.

Yes, by that defination magic that involves outsource/extra-dimensional energy would all count as RW of some sort.
    My personal take is that Chaos Magic comapred to other magics are that it is more primordial and basic that can shape into anything.(Using raw material)
    While other magic is like using already existing part.
    Oh I know you can make it more broad. Because like I said the others are doing that, just on a smaller scale. I just feel that distinction is important because then it becomes too easy for characters to become just macguffins. I've always wanted magic to have some clear set rules (I know that it does not).