Page 72 of 234 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    To be honest, anyone could probably do a better version of HOM than Bendis the Hack
    A House of M parody would bring me much more joy than the OG one.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    A House of M parody would bring me much more joy than the OG one.
    Same here..

An article about the A-Force scene in Avengers Endgame
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...155850388.html

A Tumblr image
    tumblr_prcs1gZHIE1s3arfmo1_r3_540.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-14-2019 at 09:48 AM.

I'm sorry, but HOM isn't one of the Best Standalone events. Even ignoring what happens to Wanda, it is still badly written from how quickly the new world is undo to the shocking swerve ending and it isn't a standalone, it requires you to know Disassembled and it just leads on to later stories. Also there is no emotion in HOM, given how quickly the heroes decided to undo it.
    Yeah I saw it nothing more than a plot driven mess, that forgot all continuity before it, to usher in a new era.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Even that is an afterthough, I still kinda resent the fact that Chaos Magic, the most well-defined power system for Wanda was casually tossed away.
    Even if we are just talkinga about a character's power design, HoM is harmful since it trashed the ground work Busiek did.
    Not just tossed away in regard to Wanda having used it. But Strange suddenly forgot that he had used it at one point too. What a joke!

Extraordinary Member

And in New Avengers #26 Strange fills Hawkeye in about what's happened since he was killed, and actually calls Wanda's powers "this chaos magic of hers." Same writer, same character.

The point of "there is no such thing as chaos magic" was to show that everything Agatha Harkness told Wanda was actually the figment of Wanda's imagination. And in fact that story from 1998 Avengers makes it so Wanda is the only one who ever sees or talks to Agatha and Agatha keeps appearing out of nowhere, so it's not completely absurd to portray it that way (a writer who was a bigger fan of Wanda would have made it so Agatha was actually Chthon in disguise or something). But the "reveal" in Avengers Disassembled was handled so confusingly that most readers thought Wanda had killed Agatha, where the point was supposed to be that she was always dead.

I'll note again that most writers don't seem to run with "chaos magic" as an explanation, maybe just because it's Busiek's explanation and they want to make up their own.

Actually I thought the best handling of "chaos magic" was not in the ongoing Avengers, where her powers mostly seemed to do what they always did when they were called "probability manipulation," but in JLA/Avengers, where her chaos magic becomes a weapon against Starro's "order" and then increases to incredible levels when she taps into the DC Lords of Chaos magic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    And in New Avengers #26 Strange fills Hawkeye in about what's happened since he was killed, and actually calls Wanda's powers "this chaos magic of hers." Same writer, same character.

The point of "there is no such thing as chaos magic" was to show that everything Agatha Harkness told Wanda was actually the figment of Wanda's imagination. And in fact that story from 1998 Avengers makes it so Wanda is the only one who ever sees or talks to Agatha and Agatha keeps appearing out of nowhere, so it's not completely absurd to portray it that way (a writer who was a bigger fan of Wanda would have made it so Agatha was actually Chthon in disguise or something). But the "reveal" in Avengers Disassembled was handled so confusingly that most readers thought Wanda had killed Agatha, where the point was supposed to be that she was always dead.

I'll note again that most writers don't seem to run with "chaos magic" as an explanation, maybe just because it's Busiek's explanation and they want to make up their own.

Actually I thought the best handling of "chaos magic" was not in the ongoing Avengers, where her powers mostly seemed to do what they always did when they were called "probability manipulation," but in JLA/Avengers, where her chaos magic becomes a weapon against Starro's "order" and then increases to incredible levels when she taps into the DC Lords of Chaos magic.
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised, dear Lord Chthon has a record of disguising as lovely ladies. Wanda of course, also his sister Oshtur in Mystic Arcana.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not just tossed away in regard to Wanda having used it. But Strange suddenly forgot that he had used it at one point too. What a joke!
    I always kinda found comfort in the fact that Wanda was not the lone victim.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Chthon mentions in Mighty Avengers that people try not to believe in Chaos Magic in hopes of weakening its power.

Extraordinary Member

Chthon mentions in Mighty Avengers that people try not to believe in Chaos Magic in hopes of weakening its power.
    Yeah, another retcon by Dan Slott, it's a believable one though.
    But seriously, that made Stephen look worse, he practiced this probably meaningless "no tell no real" thingie when his ally and friend need help.
    A little honesty won't result in Chthon suddenly gaining power and taking over.
    And seriously, Agatha knew that and she didn't shy away from telling Wanda its nature.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-15-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Yeah, another retcon by Dan Slott, it's a believable one though.
    But seriously, that made Stephen look worse, he practiced this probably meaningless "no tell no real" thingie when his ally and friend need help.
    A little honesty won't result in Chthon suddenly gaining power and taking over.
    And seriously, Agatha knew that and she didn't shy away from telling Wanda its nature.
    Didn't you have to read from the Darkhold to strengthen him, or am I remembering wrong?

Extraordinary Member

Didn't you have to read from the Darkhold to strengthen him, or am I remembering wrong?
    I mean, mystical rules change all the time, remember how Beast was able to poke the Darkhold and took it away from Modred?
    But then it was established that the Darkhold pages are indestructable, at least by normal means.

Reading Darkhold surely strength his influence on Earth, since it functions as his Cornerstone on Earth.
    I think it was just Slott's way to address that Chthon basically being erased from Wanda's lore and now he was bringing him back and stuff.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-15-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Last edited by Witchfan; 05-15-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Who do you think will make a good partner ( Either as the sidekick or a more equal one) of Wanda if she ever goes solo again?
    1.Agatha Harkness is still a viable choice, we haven't seen reborn Aggie ever since right? She seems to be younger, but it could just be the art.
    2. Modred the Mystic, did anyone keep track of him? Anyway, he was always kinda a redeemable and unwilling villain. I think he can help Wanda the way he helped Victoria Montesi in exchange for his own benefit. (They can establish that Wanda being able to salvage/save souls held by Chthon or something.)
    Could give him dubious loyalty of being stuck between his former lord (Chthon) and current lady (Wanda).
    3. Victoria Montesi, in a way she is a " sister" of Wanda for bearing a similar curse from Chthon. Last seen in Carnage run I think, they kinda made her an immortal monster slayer for some reason. (When she really was just supposed to be a young girl who was going to be a doctor. Also a rich heiress I guess.)She can offer medical and financial support for Wanda for obvious reasons, like giving Wanda resoueces to carry out her mystical investigations about Darkhold or something.
    4. Ian McNee: This guy seems to be perfect narrator, historian and interviewer type from his appearance in Mystic Arcana. Would be fun if it's just a story about Wanda digging into and explore old legends, with Ian recording their adventure and the mysteries they discoverwd or something.
    They don't really know each other, but I would love some "documentary comics".
    I mainly brought up obscure characters, what are your thoughts?

In the story he had Mordred reading the Darkhold.