Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    When will people stop suggesting HOM for Wanda? I don see people suggesting that Spidey should throw MJ in a wall or have Captain Marvel being raped by her own son in the MCU. Seriously people should just do the research, of course Disassembled and HOM started because a Hack did a critical research failure in the first place.
    Well, I think it's essentially coming down to the popularity of said stories, and how bluntly problemetic said stories sound.
    Marcus Immortus story can be immediately associated with creepy/fucked-up/problemetic.
    One More Day can be associated with Deal with devil/Mass Mind Wipe/OOC for Spidey.
    While House of M is also associated with controversial stuff like genocide, the harm this story brought upon the "main character" is hardly mentioned.
    If anything Wanda is called a "bad bitch" in a positive manner simply because she was portrayed as powerful.
    And there is the thing with wanting "strong female characters", quoting Scarlet Witching, it's like jumping from one box to another, always come with this or that limitation.
    In the end you are free of weak tender girls and you get dumb emtionless muscles, they don't get written like human beings with multiple layers either way.

In regards to mentally deranged women, I honestly don't mind it, I just mind it on Wanda. There could be works that thoughfully depict a character descending into madness or why he/she is abnormal in certain way.
    But let's face it, Wanda's association with that come from a dumb contunity butchering. Her reputation of "mental illness" came from every casual fan's demand under the influence of HoM, not what is essentially inside her by character design or development.
    I would take an alternative take to her "mental illness" like considered crazy for knowing more than mortals know.(Kinda ironically that's how some knowledgeable women got called witches, and how Wanda is considered crazy by the fandom, it's not what she actually is, just what the mass think of her.)

Off topic but I recall a Tsundere joke in anime community.
    (Ask a girl if she is a Tsundere, if she answers yes, then she is one since she admit it, if she answers no, she is clearly a Tsundere since dishonest with feelings is one Tsundere character trait.)
    Applying this to Wanda it will be like
    (Ask Wanda if she is crazy, if she answeres yes, she admits it, if she answers no, she is too mentally deranged to detect her own mental condition.)
    Speaking of how people project their personal preference on certan characters...
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-13-2019 at 01:23 AM.