Page 113 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't want to see that happen to Wanda at all. People still use that as an insult against Crystal. Wanda gets enough flak as it is.

In seven days, I should be be getting my copy of MUA 3. I will let you all know how I feel about it. Wanda's moves all look so much fun so far.
    Hopefully MUA3 will be good

Extraordinary Member

Well, WandaVision at this point seems to be the Disney plus Marvel shows with least info and news. Kinda disappointing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    According to this early preview of the second Vision & the Scarlet Witch limited series, Steve Englehart was originally thinking of Wanda having an affair but didn't know if editorial would approve it... I guess he transferred that idea to Crystal in the actual series.

I'd say Wanda dodged a bullet there except it would actually have been more interesting to me to see Wanda and Vision's marriage tested and then come together at the end stronger than ever. My problem with that series is they were so happy and had no real problems.

Also maybe the Amora issue? Though it's not really an actual affair or anything.
    Though to be honest I think I can handle it, I don't necessarily like the idea but we have dealt with worse kind of fans insult.
    And I would gladly change " randomly baby crazy" for "flawed cheating wife for whatever reason." (I mean, if I have to pick one.) At least I can think of an actual reason for her to possibly do the latter than convenient amnesia.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also maybe the Amora issue? Though it's not really an actual affair or anything.
    Though to be honest I think I can handle it, I don't necessarily like the idea but we have dealt with worse kind of fans insult.
    And I would gladly change " randomly baby crazy" for "flawed cheating wife for whatever reason." (I mean, if I have to pick one.) At least I can think of an actual reason for her to possibly do the latter than convenient amnesia.
    I'd throw both of those in the trash, actually. Stick with Wanda's flaws being her anger sometimes, and her powers being unpredictable. And her quest to keep those in line. But anything that just adds drama for the sake of it, that doesn't forward her character along, not interested in. At all. The reason I hated the split between her and Vision and AD/HoM is because it didn't really have any real reason character wise. It's not well this will be interesting for them. It was just because someone didn't like the relationship or the kids, and someone else wanted the Avengers broken up. And I say this as someone that didn't like the relationship. But the way it was gone about was too destructive and not character building. I also rather like that Wanda has loyalty. She is loyal to her team, to her friends and kind to even ex's. It's a rare quality.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, WandaVision at this point seems to be the Disney plus Marvel shows with least info and news. Kinda disappointing.
    Maybe since they are talking more about these at D-23, then we will find out more.

I'd throw both of those in the trash, actually. Stick with Wanda's flaws being her anger sometimes, and her powers being unpredictable. And her quest to keep those in line. But anything that just adds drama for the sake of it, that doesn't forward her character along, not interested in. At all. The reason I hated the split between her and Vision and AD/HoM is because it didn't really have any real reason character wise. It's not well this will be interesting for them. It was just because someone didn't like the relationship or the kids, and someone else wanted the Avengers broken up. And I say this as someone that didn't like the relationship. But the way it was gone about was too destructive and not character building. I also rather like that Wanda has loyalty. She is loyal to her team, to her friends and kind to even ex's. It's a rare quality.
    It was clear that Byrne had a massive hatred for the Wanda/Vision romance given how much effort he went to destroy it.
    Last edited by leokearon; 07-14-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I do like when Wanda being depicted as having strong allegiance to something, whether it's her team, work, family, etc.
    For ScarletVision, I like it for being an important part of her history. But again I probably dislike it when shippers going restless, I mean it's basically my experience in every last franchise I got into, fanatic shippers can just ruin everything for me. Whether it's the shift of creators constantly bulding/sinking or fans violently reacting to those.
    It really comes down to the simple harmless "Oh they are cute together" and extreme "They are trash when not together, they need each other so muchhhhh." "The story is bad for sinking/not focusing on my ship".
    I am more tolerant with Wanda since she is kinda a romantic character.(Comapred to some works and fictions that aren't even about romance but still filled with mad shippers.) but again she is much more than her love story.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It was clear that Byrne had a massive hatred for the Wanda/Vision romance given how much effort he went to destroy it.
    Yeah it was very clear. I just feel it could have been handled a lot better. Again, I didn't like the relationship much either. But the story hacked away at the characters. It didn't progress them forward.

Yeah it was very clear. I just feel it could have been handled a lot better. Again, I didn't like the relationship much either. But the story hacked away at the characters. It didn't progress them forward.
    Can't remember where I read it, but I think Byrne did it, due to a grudge/row with Steve Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Can't remember where I read it, but I think Byrne did it, due to a grudge/row with Steve Englehart
    That's pretty childish, if true.

That's pretty childish, if true.
    Writers can be very childish, look at half the Claremont/Byrne arguments they had

Extraordinary Member

I think what it came down to is Byrne likes Wanda and didn't like Vision, so he tried to do a story that would make Vision more interesting to him (and also do a story with Wanda that would be his own "better" version of Dark Phoenix). He also seems to prefer that beautiful women should hook up with conventionally handsome men: he'd already had Alicia Masters dump the Thing for Johnny Storm, and here he was building up the idea that Wanda should be with Simon, the "real" person the Vision was based on.

These things ironically came back to hurt Wanda, the character he claimed to like, even more than they hurt Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think what it came down to is Byrne likes Wanda and didn't like Vision, so he tried to do a story that would make Vision more interesting to him (and also do a story with Wanda that would be his own "better" version of Dark Phoenix). He also seems to prefer that beautiful women should hook up with conventionally handsome men: he'd already had Alicia Masters dump the Thing for Johnny Storm, and here he was building up the idea that Wanda should be with Simon, the "real" person the Vision was based on.

These things ironically came back to hurt Wanda, the character he claimed to like, even more than they hurt Vision.
    I don't think Butter Vizh was at all interesting. If that's what he was aiming for. He might as well have been in a coma. He had emotions and memories removed. I also don't consider Simon conventionally handsome. The scary red eyes and all. But he did seem to have a problem with Vision being a synthetic man. Which wasn't even a problem. It was mostly that Vision (intentionally or un-intentionally) could be a jerk sometimes. But also could have been written to be less of one. He definitely wasn't in Vision and the Scarlet Witch. So it could also be that they wanted to force drama. Because comics at times try to be like soap operas. Relationships can't just have real world based smaller issues. They have to have life breaking ones, haha. That apparently involve demons and stuff.

Avengers Theory: Scarlet Witch Won Infinity War, Endgame Rebooted the MCU
    https://screenrant.com/avengers-endg...xGkWIa0xLrKCXY

D_ZZFQCVAAASJ2o.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 07-15-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Guess now one can say that the scene of Wanda confronting Thanos in Endgame is truly inspiring: A little Girl playing Wanda, defending both the Original and the Iron Gauntlet against Thanos and villains he sends out

(I’ts “only” the first 5 minutes)