Page 177 of 192 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2875
  1. #2641
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Now I have settled on being glad that Wanda is not in “House of X” / “Powers of X”. Otherwise she would now look just like Lorna:

    Attachment 87299

    Which in my eyes says “Help! I want out of this story!”


    Also I now believe that in the end this will be treated like an AU. Otherwise on numerous characters this will leave quite a mark
    If she appears she might get treated like the antichrist or something

  2. #2642
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Yeah, it still sounds goofy to me. Surely ScarletVision would have worked just as well if they wanted to imply it was some kooky world Wanda cooked up? Maybe they were worried people wouldn't be able to work out Scarlet meant Scarlet Witch.
    Titles like WandaVision can be genius if they have many meanings, because the title is not generic but has a clever or Multi-faceted meaning. If it just means TV sitcoms, yeah, then it's a tacky title, but I think it means a whole lot more.

    I am hoping the title has at least a good number of these multiple meanings:

    1. Wanda & Vision.
    2. WandaVision; the sitcom aspect.
    3. Wanda's Vision; Wanda's perfect world.
    4. Chthon's WandaVision; the Elder God's prophecy of her destiny.
    5. Agatha Harkness's WandaVision; her vision from the Wundagore Everbloom.
    6. Vision's WandaVision; for people to see the person that he sees.
    7. "Scarlet Witch" is Wanda's Vision of who she truly is, of her future as a Witch.

  3. #2643
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    If she appears she might get treated like the antichrist or something
    Well, technically Wanda is an Antichrist and an Anti-antichrist herself.
    In this specific case, well, being an antichrist figure for this super zealot cult doesn't sound that bad.

  4. #2644
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I think the gripe Cyclops had was that Wanda offered to repower only the mutants who actually wanted their powers back. Him opening fire upon *that* offer makes him look really bad, as then it seems that to him it's only about their population number.

    This was an Avengers book after all, and it really showed in how it treated the mutant characters.

    Then it continuous with shooting itself in the foot by having one of the Young Avengers literally shoot on Wanda’s second attempt to repower the Mutants.
    Yeah, I like Scott but he was portrayed as being completely unreasonable
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  5. #2645
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, did they really touch upon people whose Mutant power only really give them negative effects.
    Or how AvX also give some people unwanted Mutant power. (That is one of the disturbing aspects of AvX, hey I want to raise the population of my dying species, so I am gonna make new ones out of your regular John/Jane Does whether you like it or not. If you swap Mutants for Vampires, Werewolves, etc, yikes.)
    I remember that some mutants actually liked losing their powers like Wraith (Hector Rendoza)
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  6. #2646
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,248

  7. #2647
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,718

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    If she appears she might get treated like the antichrist or something
    Honestly doubt it, their have been already many past crossovers and teams working well with with Wanda like Nightcrawler, Magik, Rogue, Havok, Wolverine, Beast and other X-Men.

    Also the X-Men of Krakoa still need to take madness and possession into account for those moments and they have an opportunity to have an ability to work together with Wanda as her true self to finish the reversing of the other Depowered mutants that want to be repowered again that are left. I say it be a good story moment for both Wanda's character and the X-Men as a whole.

    If Not and Negatives in Wanda coming are shown, then the Nation of Krakoa might be showing allot of questionable ethics when they then accept this crowd with in with only a little talking problem?! =/

    spoilers:
    https://i.imgur.com/lU2fQzM.png

    https://i.imgur.com/K0FqIMx.png
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CJStriker; 09-20-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”

    ~~ Brianne De Chateau ~ Episode 102, of Dragon Ball Super!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHGXMH6HB0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

  8. #2648
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly doubt it, their have been already many past crossovers and teams working well with with Wanda like Nightcrawler, Magik, Rogue, Havok, Wolverine, Beast and other X-Men.

    Also the X-Men of Krakoa still need to take madness and possession into account for those moments and they have an opportunity to have an ability to work together with Wanda as her true self to finish the reversing of the other Depowered mutants that want to be repowered again that are left. I say it be a good story moment for both Wanda's character and the X-Men as a whole.

    If Not and Negatives in Wanda coming are shown, then the Nation of Krakoa might be showing allot of questionable ethics when they then accept this crowd with in with only a little talking problem?! =/

    spoilers:
    https://i.imgur.com/lU2fQzM.png

    https://i.imgur.com/K0FqIMx.png
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Especially when of the new guest include the likes of Selene and Emplate who love to feed on mutant life-energy. It's like giving them an all you can eat buffet
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  9. #2649
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Jordan White was asked about this on Twitter and he said Wanda and Pietro are "Still not mutants."

    I.e. they're not in Hickman's X-books because they're not considered mutants any more, and for now that's it.

    Again, I feel like there must have been some kind of behind-the-scenes tug of war that resulted in the twins being out of the comics altogether for so long, but it doesn't seem so far like they are moving toward re-mutant-izing them. Or doing anything with them at all.

  10. #2650
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    I don't think they are being restored to their old status, and they have been removed from the X-franchise permanently.

  11. #2651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Jordan White was asked about this on Twitter and he said Wanda and Pietro are "Still not mutants."

    I.e. they're not in Hickman's X-books because they're not considered mutants any more, and for now that's it.

    Again, I feel like there must have been some kind of behind-the-scenes tug of war that resulted in the twins being out of the comics altogether for so long, but it doesn't seem so far like they are moving toward re-mutant-izing them. Or doing anything with them at all.
    I don't think that's the case. Because again, Wanda was out of comics for longer while being a mutant and Mags' daughter. I think they just never planned on retconning the retcon, and rumors happened. Then heated up after Marvel got back the movie rights to mutants. But they got them back in March and Fantastic Four came back immediately. Both Wanda and Pietro were still in comics at the moment (Pietro's solo, Wanda in Zub's book), and the retcon wasn't undone.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #2652
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    What I meant was more that there may have been conflict about what story to put them in. If Bleeding Cool's rumor is correct then there could have been plans to save them for a story where they become Magneto's children again, sort of like Wanda was out of comics for a long time in part because plans for "Children's Crusade" kept being put on hold.

    It's only a rumor but unless she was being saved for some other story I don't understand at all why she hasn't been anything all these months. Or maybe I just want to believe it because otherwise there's literally nothing to talk about at the moment.

    Speaking of possibly fake rumors, ever since the (possibly fake) rumor about Denzel Washington as Magneto went around, I'm amazed how many responses I see that are some variant of "How can Magneto be black when Scarlet Witch is his daughter?" I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised because Wanda has been "Magneto's daughter" in so much other media that I guess people assumed MCU Magneto would be her father. I'm grateful that he almost certainly won't be no matter who plays the part.

  13. #2653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    What I meant was more that there may have been conflict about what story to put them in. If Bleeding Cool's rumor is correct then there could have been plans to save them for a story where they become Magneto's children again, sort of like Wanda was out of comics for a long time in part because plans for "Children's Crusade" kept being put on hold.

    It's only a rumor but unless she was being saved for some other story I don't understand at all why she hasn't been anything all these months. Or maybe I just want to believe it because otherwise there's literally nothing to talk about at the moment.

    Speaking of possibly fake rumors, ever since the (possibly fake) rumor about Denzel Washington as Magneto went around, I'm amazed how many responses I see that are some variant of "How can Magneto be black when Scarlet Witch is his daughter?" I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised because Wanda has been "Magneto's daughter" in so much other media that I guess people assumed MCU Magneto would be her father. I'm grateful that he almost certainly won't be no matter who plays the part.
    I'm saying I don't think that rumor is true. Bleeding Cool has gotten things wrong before. I know that stuff is fun to ponder, but it's gotten more legs from people that want the reversal of the retcon than it deserves. Until they provide some concrete proof.

    And again, Wanda has had long absences before. 7 years after M-day, 6 months after she was killed by Rogue. It could be just a matter of waiting for someone to want to write her. Not everything needs a vast conspiracy.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-20-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Was Curlytop

  14. #2654
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    The one thing that puzzles me is that Zub has repeatedly said he wants to write her, and of course he set up that whole Dr. Voodoo romance that has never actually been explored.

    However that could just mean that the assignments he's gotten don't happen to have room for her, since the Agents of Wakanda series was a cast he was handed. It's not necessarily people not wanting to write her as not getting assignments that have room for her.

    So you're right, and I'll stop spreading that rumor. I'm just frustrated. Even when she was "dead" in Uncanny Avengers she appeared occasionally (including the annual and a non-speaking role in the X-Men OGN "No More Humans," where she and Pietro showed up by their father's side when all non-mutants vanished from the earth, and Magneto had to explain to the other mutants that this time it wasn't Wanda's fault).

    But nothing more than "Oh, no!" in the months when she just got her most crowd-pleasing movie moment and was confirmed to be a major TV/movie character in 2021, it feels like she's a character who should finally be getting her moment to integrate back into the comics universe and never quite does, and I really don't understand why. Even a guest appearance would be something and she's not getting that.

  15. #2655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The one thing that puzzles me is that Zub has repeatedly said he wants to write her, and of course he set up that whole Dr. Voodoo romance that has never actually been explored.

    However that could just mean that the assignments he's gotten don't happen to have room for her, since the Agents of Wakanda series was a cast he was handed. It's not necessarily people not wanting to write her as not getting assignments that have room for her.

    So you're right, and I'll stop spreading that rumor. I'm just frustrated. Even when she was "dead" in Uncanny Avengers she appeared occasionally (including the annual and a non-speaking role in the X-Men OGN "No More Humans," where she and Pietro showed up by their father's side when all non-mutants vanished from the earth, and Magneto had to explain to the other mutants that this time it wasn't Wanda's fault).

    But nothing more than "Oh, no!" in the months when she just got her most crowd-pleasing movie moment and was confirmed to be a major TV/movie character in 2021, it feels like she's a character who should finally be getting her moment to integrate back into the comics universe and never quite does, and I really don't understand why. Even a guest appearance would be something and she's not getting that.
    We are all frustrated for sure. It's terrible to be without her in comics. Save for very brief appearances in Doctor Strange. I can only hope that will pick up soon. Hopefully way before 2021. They haven't been pushing some other movie characters too. I feel like she's in the same boat with some of the other off to the side types. Especially War Machine, and Bucky.

    The Voodoo stuff also is puzzling, but yeah I do think it is because she wasn't the main focus in that book and 'cause Zub is doing different things right now. Hopefully someone picks that back up again. Because it sorely needs development.

    I also feel like there should be some sort of magic focused book. Since they set up Midnight Sons but never pulled the plug on that. But it wouldn't be the first time a plot was dropped like that. Maybe Donny Cates might come back to that after he's done with all the Venom and Cosmic Ghost Rider stuff.

    There are thousands of characters in the universe. We are just one of the unlucky fandoms right now. Other people will get the focus until things change again.
    Was Curlytop

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •