Page 154 of 234 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Now that Marvel has the rights to X-Men back we can potentially see her be Magneto's daughter again tbh.
    They could, but I don't really see the point. Wanda never really benefitted from the relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, at this point it's just adding a once removed tag.
    Nothing too significant.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-30-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Now that Marvel has the rights to X-Men back we can potentially see her be Magneto's daughter again tbh.
    I hope so. It was stupid to change it in the first place.

Paul Bettany Thought Marvel Was Firing Him When He Got WandaVision Pitch
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...avision-pitch/

Vision actor Paul Bettany spoke with MTV News and was asked about his return from the dead, and he provided a surprising response when he revealed he thought he was going to be fired from the MCU.
    "Ah, well, through the genius of Marvel and Kevin Feige, there's an answer to that but it's not one that I can give you," Bettany said.

His co-star Elizabeth Olsen added, "But it's one that you will learn when you watch our show!"

Bettany added that he and Olsen were both stunned by the story when they came in for the pitch.

"Oh, I don't think that myself or Lizzie have ever been more surprised when Kevin pitched the idea to us. A and One, I thought I was being brought in to be fired; B and Two, I thought they were gonna let me down, you know, like, 'Listen, Paul, we love you, but...' And instead what he did was pitch this idea for a sort of six hour movie that I would never in a million years, which is why he's the one earning the really big bucks, have thought of. And it's so avant-garde and weird and messed up and then moves seamlessly into more familiar territory. But the place that it starts is so odd."

Series showrunners Matt Shakman and Jac Schaeffer also spoke about the strangeness of WandaVision, teasing some of their plans for the new series.

"They are such an unusual pairing, right? He's [Vision] not human but he's more human than anyone, maybe," Shakman reflects. "He always has the best, most wise things to say. He completely sees the world for what it is. She's gone through so much trauma. She's lost her brother, she's an orphan, and all these different things have happened to her. I think we've all been quite taken by that union. It's [WandaVision] is the exploration of that bizarre, strange, completely right kind of love and it's about watching them explore their relationship and growing it."
    Last edited by Witchfan; 08-30-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Cebulski clearly wants everything to be the way it was in the '90s/early '00s so I do think we will see some restoration of Magneto, probably using the loophole that the Scarlet Witch series never revealed who her father was.

I think the retcon was dumb because it was so obviously inspired by Perlmutter's anti-Fox vendetta, but I also think being Magneto's children nearly destroyed Wanda and Pietro in the '00s because so many writers only care about the X-Men and not about their Avengers history. That's how we got Wanda in a minor role on "Wolverine & the X-Men" and not allowed on the Avengers cartoon where she truly belonged.

In that sense, I think the MCU was good for Wanda because Joss Whedon was an older fan who knew that there was more to her than being Magneto's daughter.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Vision actor Paul Bettany spoke with MTV News and was asked about his return from the dead, and he provided a surprising response when he revealed he thought he was going to be fired from the MCU.
    "Ah, well, through the genius of Marvel and Kevin Feige, there's an answer to that but it's not one that I can give you," Bettany said.

His co-star Elizabeth Olsen added, "But it's one that you will learn when you watch our show!"

Bettany added that he and Olsen were both stunned by the story when they came in for the pitch.

"Oh, I don't think that myself or Lizzie have ever been more surprised when Kevin pitched the idea to us. A and One, I thought I was being brought in to be fired; B and Two, I thought they were gonna let me down, you know, like, 'Listen, Paul, we love you, but...' And instead what he did was pitch this idea for a sort of six hour movie that I would never in a million years, which is why he's the one earning the really big bucks, have thought of. And it's so avant-garde and weird and messed up and then moves seamlessly into more familiar territory. But the place that it starts is so odd."

Series showrunners Matt Shakman and Jac Schaeffer also spoke about the strangeness of WandaVision, teasing some of their plans for the new series.

"They are such an unusual pairing, right? He's [Vision] not human but he's more human than anyone, maybe," Shakman reflects. "He always has the best, most wise things to say. He completely sees the world for what it is. She's gone through so much trauma. She's lost her brother, she's an orphan, and all these different things have happened to her. I think we've all been quite taken by that union. It's [WandaVision] is the exploration of that bizarre, strange, completely right kind of love and it's about watching them explore their relationship and growing it."
    Lizzie and Paul are so enthusiastic about it, this just has to be good! Granted, since they are both really good actors, they could fake enthusiasm. But I believe there are limits to that when personal feelings are involved. One only has to search on Youtube with something like “game of thrones season 8 best season ever” to see how an actress really struggles to hide her true feelings (before it was aired) about what was done to her character

And is it just me or is Lizzie funnier and cuter with every interview that gets released? Her “So hard” at the last second just kills me. Paul cracks me up as well. Also, what was MTV even doing at the D23?

And once again I am confused: When Lizzie says: ”We got to play around as actors, …” I wonder if she only means that’s an interesting challenge for her and Paul, or that their characters will be actors. Their perfect little world would be more believable if they do something for a living, after all

Also Lizzie almost outright says that this plays in an alternate/altered reality.

And to me it is somewhat of a comfort that was just one little scene with Doctor Strange, I expected much more to be left on the cutting room floor. Still I hope that one day somehow Marvel will release the raw footage, after all there is still so much time and they need everything to promote.

Also I love that statement about Wanda and Vision, I think that’s from an earlier interview in the recent days (well clearly they were all done on the same weekend, just how they are released is spread out).

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Cebulski clearly wants everything to be the way it was in the '90s/early '00s so I do think we will see some restoration of Magneto, probably using the loophole that the Scarlet Witch series never revealed who her father was.

I think the retcon was dumb because it was so obviously inspired by Perlmutter's anti-Fox vendetta, but I also think being Magneto's children nearly destroyed Wanda and Pietro in the '00s because so many writers only care about the X-Men and not about their Avengers history. That's how we got Wanda in a minor role on "Wolverine & the X-Men" and not allowed on the Avengers cartoon where she truly belonged.

In that sense, I think the MCU was good for Wanda because Joss Whedon was an older fan who knew that there was more to her than being Magneto's daughter.
    Yeah I don't want it back. don't want 90s/2000s either. I lived through that once. Once was enough for me.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Paul joked a lot about hin getting fired though, I think he also talked about him done playing JARVIS but ending up playing Vision.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Near the end of this video,

Jac Schaeffer’s “more than two and a half ours” leaves me confused. So either:

Best and most optimistic interpretation, she’s referring to the average runtime of previous Marvel movies, then this would be just bad wording.

Or, WandaVision has been significantly shortened from its announced 6 hours runtime – that would be horrible .

Or, the showrunner doesn’t know the show’s runtime – that would be troubling.

Also Lizzie’s

“There are plenty of comic books that support why both of these characters should be in a sitcom.”

I cannot think of a single one . By no means I am against that, especially considering that apparently its gonna get darker over the course of its run.

People in the comments are wondering whether there will be laugh-tracks. I rather hope not so, as they would have to cease later on – which would be awkward, I think. Only way I can think of is if its “real” characters of the MCU who are laughing about how long it takes Wanda and Vision to figure out that they are trapped in a Bubble-Universe .
    Idk. A Year in the Life was pretty fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I don't want it back. don't want 90s/2000s either. I lived through that once. Once was enough for me.
    Well, at least there was the Busiek run in that era.
    Though she just hit the ground pretty hard after that height.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Wanda is in a better place to handle it now that she's firmly back to being a hero again even if her use isn't as consistent as fans would like.

But that's just me.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

[...]

With all respect to Joss Whedon, I don’t think he had much say in that matter. It was only made possible in the first place by the “higher ups” at Marvel Studios wanting Wanda to be in the Avengers Movies (with “Civil War” being a semi Avengers Movie) and arguing it out with Fox. And they must have been remembered Wanda being an Avenger as well, as this was their argument towards Fox. At least that’s I understand how the whole thing happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    With all respect to Joss Whedon, I don’t think he had much say in that matter. It was only made possible in the first place by the “higher ups” at Marvel Studios wanting Wanda to be in the Avengers Movies (with “Civil War” being a semi Avengers Movie) and arguing it out with Fox. And they must have been remembered Wanda being an Avenger as well, as this was their argument towards Fox. At least that’s I understand how the whole thing happened.
    Didn't Joss Whedon have to fight the Creative Committee to get Wanda in AoU?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The cloned Wanda thing was just to play a joke on Hawkeye. I don't think they meant that AD and HoM Wanda was the clone. It'd be nice though.
    My wrong use of the term. I didn’t mean an actual clone. Just that Doom upgraded Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's the Life Force, plain and simple as written by Allan Heinberg. If you mean the power Doom directed into Wanda.
    The "Clone" is a doombot, plain and simple.
    Bendis igonred so much just for AD/HOM to happen, I simply don't take them seriously in terms of lore and Wanda's power set TBH.
    Yes, I wrongly used the term clone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My wrong use of the term. I didn’t mean an actual clone. Just that Doom upgraded Wanda.

Yes, I wrongly used the term clone.
    Then why didn't Doom marry the Doombot instead since it's an upgraded version.