Page 167 of 234 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3507
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yes, that’s what I meant. I don’t think we can prevent many from reading this article. And writing in this thread how wrong this article is usually would be a pointless endeavor. But I see numerous “faces” here that at least I have never seen before, so who knows, maybe it’s worth it afterall. So the article shows just the part that lists the reduction in population number, who is valid, if one sees mutants as a different species than people without mutant powers, which in itself is dubious, but ok. Then the article just skips the part were with regards to Wanda it says “Depowered”:

Attachment 86670

and instead writes: “Wanda is ranked second, with her Decimation having killed 986,420”.
    I mean, this is just … wow! If whoever wrote this article is done with his/hers “job” here at CBR, I am sure there are some Authoritarian Regimes who would like to hire a Propaganda-Minister.

I think it’s important to understand that this is wrong not just with regards to Wanda. If in-Universe this would be the narrative, it would only make sense if the X-Men would regard the life of every person who does not have mutant powers as worthless. Sub-Humans essentially, who do not count as living beings anymore. This goes so much against what the X-Men are supposed to stand for, I am almost out of words here.

Another thing in this article that pales in comparison, but is there nevertheless, is the sentence:

“She has attempted to atone, but the X-Men don't seem to have forgiven her.”

Uhm, this is just a statistic. It says absolutely nothing about how individual X-Men characters feel about Wanda. But let’s have a look, shall we? Putting aside the more-or-less family members Magneto and Quicksilver, who never held a grudge over her, there are the following who since Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade” had accepted her as a teammate and/or even might consider her a friend:

Polaris (border-case, as being assumed partial family member earlier)
    Rogue
    Havok
    Wolverine
    Magik
    Beast
    Jean Grey (the young one)

The only ones that I am aware of where their last known state to me is that they still outright hate Wanda are Emma Frost and Cyclops. Who both are or have been very much in a moral grey area.
    Very Well Said Probability010, I really Love how you break your talks down into fine details that makes any fan think on a much more deeper and appreciative level, well spoke by a True Wanda Fan from You, Thank You! =)

Also for that List of X-Men you listed that have gotten along, teamed up or even gotten along good with Wanda since the M-Day past;

NIGHTCRAWLER!

I have always loved Kurt's abilty to be Very Loving and Friendly to everyone he interacts with and calls family, he has a way to bring out the best and he has one of the most understanding hearts when it comes to friends and family.

Back in The Amazing X-Men Series a Few Years ago He Invited Wanda to Help Train Pixie and even has a moment standing up for Wanda when the negative ideals of Wanda got brought up, it was Short but Sweet and Shows just why Kurt is such a Great Guy! =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Victoria Montesi, just my personal obsession of some sort since their interaction was limited to pulling each other's hair, but I think it would be nice if Wanda can react to the fact they basically share the same curse. (Though more often, Wanda just doesn't really give a **** about Chthon's mark, which is kinda weird, I like chill Wanda but it's more like writers just don't take that into account.)
    I feel like the role of Chthon in Wanda's origin is another one of those things fans have been waiting for years for someone to explore, but never will be explored. Even Busiek never referred to it after the Avengers issue where he introduced "chaos magic" (though there was a panel in the Kang Dynasty of an alternate future where Chthon took over the world, so perhaps that was a nod to it), and most writers don't seem to like "chaos magic" as a concept anyway.

If Chthon turned out to be a character in Wanda's 2021 MCU projects then that might change things, though I'm personally skeptical that this will happen.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I am feeling Deja Vu...

I wonder if they are waiting for Avengers: Age of Ultron to start promoting Wanda again?
    I wonder if they are waiting for Captain America: Civil War to start promoting Wanda again?
    I wonder if they are waiting for Avengers: Infinity War to start promoting Wanda again?
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To be fair Wanda did get some promotion in 2015 when Avengers: Age of Ultron came out. That's still the largest MCU role she's had to date and 2021 will be the first time she will actually be the star of anything.

I would like to think the comics will use her in something in 2020 just to have Wanda/Vision and Wanda/Strange material to release as trade paperbacks in 2021, but I've sort of given up hoping because, never mind MCU synergy or anything like it, we've been waiting for years for her to rebuild the relationships she left behind after "Avengers Disassembled," and nothing like that has happened because Marvel comics just aren't very good at character building these days.
    Their not very good at Love interest building either sadly LOL, each single character gets a new flame for a few months then they called it off for Reasons whatever, I don't think any comic company seems serious about any getting back together story cause they seem to want all their charcters to be like James Bond with a New Love interest ever story, it speaks to the Fan Fiction in all of them IMO.

As for Wanda getting more Play in Books we have to Remember she already had 2 MAJOR Shows in the last 2 Years with Avengers: No Surrender and Avengers: No Road Home!

I Just recently Finished NO ROAD HOME and it was EXCELLENT IMO, SO MUCH Grandness in how Wanda was Shown that book, I need to one day Breakdown the various points of it hear to remind us all and celebrate why Wanda is so AMAZING, serious the writing of that book do so Much Justice for our Wanda and why she is a Lady of Iron!

So I say give it time, we just got the Fox Rights back so the gears of holding her back cause of them are now gone, FINALLY! But they will take time to heal and untangle. But she was also recently in Ulitmate Alliance 3, so that is Major as well!

Plus her showing in Avengers: Endgame has Gained SO MUCH Love affiar is it litteral an Phenomenon in its own rights, espically on YouTube where most posters of mostly negative all the time, most of them cheer, love and even call her their favorites in waves more then I have seen in any other time! =D

I honestly think Marvel is Taking Notice of this since they are on Mission to have their own Wonder Women in their books and Movies.

Good things have happen for Wanda in the past few years and like always good thinks will come as they always do, we should celebrate what we already have gotten and Value the Quality was what it all has been!

Last edited by CJStriker; 09-06-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I feel like the role of Chthon in Wanda's origin is another one of those things fans have been waiting for years for someone to explore, but never will be explored. Even Busiek never referred to it after the Avengers issue where he introduced "chaos magic" (though there was a panel in the Kang Dynasty of an alternate future where Chthon took over the world, so perhaps that was a nod to it), and most writers don't seem to like "chaos magic" as a concept anyway.

If Chthon turned out to be a character in Wanda's 2021 MCU projects then that might change things, though I'm personally skeptical that this will happen.
    Most of those futures happened later in some form.(Age of Ultron, House of M, Secret Wars, etc.) Still have to see a Lovecraftian doomsday for Earth.(Cancerverse kinda counts, though it's Many-Angled Ones. I liked how Wanda was the sane one there through the power of love or something, I would like it more if Wanda's already Elderitch nature is mentioned though. Like she was already as cursed as it can get, so she can shrug other kinds of curses off to some extent.)

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Very Well Said Probability010, I really Love how you break your talks down into fine details that makes any fan think on a much more deeper and appreciative level, well spoke by a True Wanda Fan from You, Thank You! =)

Also for that List of X-Men you listed that have gotten along, teamed up or even gotten along good with Wanda since the M-Day past;

NIGHTCRAWLER!

I have always loved Kurt's abilty to be Very Loving and Friendly to everyone he interacts with and calls family, he has a way to bring out the best and he has one of the most understanding hearts when it comes to friends and family.

Back in The Amazing X-Men Series a Few Years ago He Invited Wanda to Help Train Pixie and even has a moment standing up for Wanda when the negative ideals of Wanda got brought up, it was Short but Sweet and Shows just why Kurt is such a Great Guy! =)

Glad my favourite X-Man isn't an anti-Wanda Bigot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Yes, that’s what I meant. I don’t think we can prevent many from reading this article. And writing in this thread how wrong this article is usually would be a pointless endeavor. But I see numerous “faces” here that at least I have never seen before, so who knows, maybe it’s worth it afterall. So the article shows just the part that lists the reduction in population number, who is valid, if one sees mutants as a different species than people without mutant powers, which in itself is dubious, but ok. Then the article just skips the part were with regards to Wanda it says “Depowered”:

Attachment 86670

and instead writes: “Wanda is ranked second, with her Decimation having killed 986,420”.
    I mean, this is just … wow! If whoever wrote this article is done with his/hers “job” here at CBR, I am sure there are some Authoritarian Regimes who would like to hire a Propaganda-Minister.

I think it’s important to understand that this is wrong not just with regards to Wanda. If in-Universe this would be the narrative, it would only make sense if the X-Men would regard the life of every person who does not have mutant powers as worthless. Sub-Humans essentially, who do not count as living beings anymore. This goes so much against what the X-Men are supposed to stand for, I am almost out of words here.

Another thing in this article that pales in comparison, but is there nevertheless, is the sentence:

“She has attempted to atone, but the X-Men don't seem to have forgiven her.”

Uhm, this is just a statistic. It says absolutely nothing about how individual X-Men characters feel about Wanda. But let’s have a look, shall we? Putting aside the more-or-less family members Magneto and Quicksilver, who never held a grudge over her, there are the following who since Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade” had accepted her as a teammate and/or even might consider her a friend:

Polaris (border-case, as being assumed partial family member earlier)
    Rogue
    Havok
    Wolverine
    Magik
    Beast
    Jean Grey (the young one)

The only ones that I am aware of where their last known state to me is that they still outright hate Wanda are Emma Frost and Cyclops. Who both are or have been very much in a moral grey area.
    I'm surprised by the Young Jean Grey one, but Magik is another surprised. The rest I could understand given their time on the Uncanny Avengers and Polaris....Well it's Polaris which X-men overlook.

I just want to see Wanda on an X-men theme Adventure to see their point of view for once.

WandaVision from Tumblr
    tumblr_pxflvmF98z1vu0bhmo1_640.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm surprised by the Young Jean Grey one, but Magik is another surprised. The rest I could understand given their time on the Uncanny Avengers and Polaris....Well it's Polaris which X-men overlook.

I just want to see Wanda on an X-men theme Adventure to see their point of view for once.
    Why? So she can be assaulted again? Keep her far away that side.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Probably should only meet characters like Magik on neutral ground like Bar without doors, and talk about demons and dark magic, you know, the more pleasant stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

Well, they have to be on equal footing for that to happen.
    And really I think Wanda understands well enough and doesn't need to see their POV. And what is supposed to come out of this? Promise to help or stuff? For real, Wanda would never be allowed to be a savior figure or solve X-Men's problems in any form. They depend on their drama of misery to sell their point.
    “Avengers don't give a **** about us.” Sure, because you are a rather exclusive franchise which thrives with the narrative “everyone hates us”, so honestly Avengers or any other none-X character for that matter are just playing the game by your rules.
    Her nature of being not an X-character really stand in the way of her getting actual forgiveness from X-Men since she couldn't really do ****. Not that I care or want her to be one. There are X-characters I want to see Wanda interact with, but not really for the sake of resolve her issues with X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Their not very good at Love interest building either sadly LOL, each single character gets a new flame for a few months then they called it off for Reasons whatever, I don't think any comic company seems serious about any getting back together story cause they seem to want all their charcters to be like James Bond with a New Love interest ever story, it speaks to the Fan Fiction in all of them IMO.

As for Wanda getting more Play in Books we have to Remember she already had 2 MAJOR Shows in the last 2 Years with Avengers: No Surrender and Avengers: No Road Home!

I Just recently Finished NO ROAD HOME and it was EXCELLENT IMO, SO MUCH Grandness in how Wanda was Shown that book, I need to one day Breakdown the various points of it hear to remind us all and celebrate why Wanda is so AMAZING, serious the writing of that book do so Much Justice for our Wanda and why she is a Lady of Iron!

So I say give it time, we just got the Fox Rights back so the gears of holding her back cause of them are now gone, FINALLY! But they will take time to heal and untangle. But she was also recently in Ulitmate Alliance 3, so that is Major as well!

Plus her showing in Avengers: Endgame has Gained SO MUCH Love affiar is it litteral an Phenomenon in its own rights, espically on YouTube where most posters of mostly negative all the time, most of them cheer, love and even call her their favorites in waves more then I have seen in any other time! =D

I honestly think Marvel is Taking Notice of this since they are on Mission to have their own Wonder Women in their books and Movies.

Good things have happen for Wanda in the past few years and like always good thinks will come as they always do, we should celebrate what we already have gotten and Value the Quality was what it all has been!
    We need your optimism, CJ. Thanks.

House of X #4 comments stuck me as perhaps some venting. I might be wrong, but based on what I have been hearing behind the scenes for months, from bleeding cool and from merchandise that Marvel was planning on some major family stuff in 2020.

We are talking back to them ok’ing a family matters action figure set. All the sudden... nothing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are waiting on guidance to see what the TV series does or there isn’t some inter office fighting again over the family.

Extraordinary Member

They've known about the series since at least last September when Variety announced it, so I don't know why that would matter to their plans.

On the other hand, the announcement that Wanda would be in the Doctor Strange sequel was a big surprise to most of her fans. Before that announcement a lot of people thought the series might either write her out of the MCU, or open the door to her joining up with the MCU X-Men franchise. Now it seems like they're moving her over to the mystical side and her becoming MCU Magneto's daughter has gone from "unlikely" to "really really unlikely."

Whether that has any impact on Marvel's publishing plans I don't know, because I don't know how much the MCU really affects their publishing plans (if it did, Wanda might have been allowed to be in the Avengers comic occasionally) or whether anyone on the publishing side hears about any of this in advance (at least since Feige shut down the Creative Committee).

It also could be a misreading of the actual point of the line. There has been an assumption that any retcon will be a low key thing like the original 80s tale. If they are going the other way and want it part of a big splashy event reviving the controversy would be the way to go.

We don’t know. Also, I have a suspicion Wanda herself might have fractured reality in the TV series and perhaps also the film so it might not be actually turning Wanda into Doctor Strange’s magic appreciate.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

[...]

NIGHTCRAWLER!

[...]

Back in The Amazing X-Men Series a Few Years ago...
    Oh, thank you! Yes, that I haven’t seen before. Can you or anyone else tell me the exact Issue number? Looks like her Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 outfit. I am always glad so see something with Wanda that I haven’t found jet.