Page 86 of 234 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, there is also the fact his uncle Set is yet another giant snake monster, just like his uncle from father's side and nephew. I think he would find it pretty normal or even refreshing that he doesn't have another serpentine dude for family. Chthon is your classy Lovecraftian cloaked dude.
    That family is really interesting.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

It's odd. It seems Wanda's fans on this side seem obsessed with her being a C lister.

Set? Chthon? I mean..you cant be serious.

I just want to appreciate for one second how gorgeous Elizabeth Olsen is. I just think she is so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    It's odd. It seems Wanda's fans on this side seem obsessed with her being a C lister.

C lister? Why because we don't want her attached at the hip to mutants and Magneto? When did that ever make her more popular? She's more popular now than even in the bronze age and isn't a mutant or Mags' kid.

We want her to have her own stories. And it shows what you really think of her if you think her stories aren't worth telling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    C lister? Why because we don't want her attached at the hip to mutants and Magneto? When did that ever make her more popular? She's more popular now than even in the bronze age and isn't a mutant or Mags' kid.

We want her to have her own stories. And it shows what you really think of her if you think her stories aren't worth telling.
    It's ok she had a wonderful showing in the MCU but that wouldnt be possible if she wasnt mainstreamed as Magneto's daughter..you know that. Lol. She has been on 3 different shows as his daughter...there no way you can go back from that.

Extraordinary Member

Why? Having lesser known characters as your background and lore is pretty common.
    What do Dr.Erskine, Chthon, Agatha, Uncle Ben, Django Maximoff, Vishanti have in common? They serve the hero's narrative and add to their lore rather than taking it away.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-26-2019 at 04:46 PM.

It's ok she had a wonderful showing in the MCU but that wouldnt be possible if she wasnt mainstreamed as Magneto's daughter..you know that. Lol. She has been on 3 different shows as his daughter...there no way you can go back from that.
    You can believe that if you want to, but that was likely more-so because she's one of the essential Avengers members and has been for 55 years. She only spent 9 issues having anything significant to do with the X-books. And sure, she was on three shows, they didn't increase her profile at all. She's been on several as an Avenger as well, and movies now, and another show coming up. She's been retconned away from that for 5 years. Only them retconning that back can allow you to go back from that. And they haven't done it yet. You only want her used as a tool or plot device. It doesn't help her character become more successful at all. It did the opposite, it pushed her out of everything for 7 years. And at the time X-fans did nothing but come in here and insult her and us. Now you want us to want her to be used just for x-plots. Not something I'm gonna warm to at all.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-26-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Why? Having lesser known characters as your background and lore is pretty common.
    What does Dr.Erskine, Chthon, Agatha, Uncle Ben, Django Maximoff, Vishanti have in common? They serve the hero's narrative and add to their lore rather than taking it away.
    They don't understand the concept of support characters. But they essentially want Wanda to be a support character for mutants and Magneto. And think insulting the character and us will convince us that it's a good idea.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-26-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They don't understand the concept of support characters. But they essentially want Wanda to be a support character for mutants and Magneto. And think insulting the character and us will convince us that it's a good idea.
    Yeah, I mean, even if you want her to be a supporting character, it should be something/somewhere that could benefit her in return.
    I think it's okay when Wanda play supporting roles for her fellow Avengers, they take their turns in the highlights.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-26-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah, I mean, even if you want her to be a supporting character, it should be something/somewhere that could benefit her ib return.
    I think it's okay when Wanda play supporting roles for her fellow Avengers, they take their turns in the highlights.
    It's because the Avengers books usually had issues that focused on individual characters. With Wanda getting ample time to be established. And she was around people that didn't hate her, punch her. She was in books for fans that didn't think she should be killed or assaulted. That end has been nothing but hostile and detrimental to her. She should be kept the furthest away now.

Extraordinary Member

She is in MCU because MCU was doing Avengers cinematic franchise and she is a classic Avenger, a place that she earnt through decades of Avengers comic.
    Also I think she would be more mainstream if she was not absent from the whole 2005-2012 era when Avengers as a franchise was thriving. Yes, she wouldn't be written by Bendis, but someone like Allan Heinberg could pick her up and people would still remember her.
    My friend who got into comics with Civil War totally tought she was some kind of myth since she was powerful yet nowhere to be seen.

Extraordinary Member

Better a C-list character than an A-list hollow shell.

I was wondering if Wanda fans would feel differently about HoM and Disassembled if Wanda had been given a proper chance for redemption in Young Avengers: The Children's Crusade? She gave Rictor his powers back and was planning to do the same for many more mutants until the X-Men and ultimately Doom inteferred.

Had she been allowed to go around and restore the powers and thusly the lives of more mutants and she been given the chance then and there to show more remorse, would the aforementioned events be seen differently? Because to me, it seems like the main problem with those stories is that fans feel like she was merely a pawn in an editorial mandate rather than having an arc. Giving her a chance at redemption would make this a full-fledged arc in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I was wondering if Wanda fans would feel differently about HoM and Disassembled if Wanda had been given a proper chance for redemption in Young Avengers: The Children's Crusade? She gave Rictor his powers back and was planning to do the same for many more mutants until the X-Men and ultimately Doom inteferred.

Had she been allowed to go around and restore the powers and thusly the lives of more mutants and she been given the chance then and there to show more remorse, would the aforementioned events be seen differently? Because to me, it seems like the main problem with those stories is that fans feel like she was merely a pawn in an editorial mandate rather than having an arc. Giving her a chance at redemption would make this a full-fledged arc in my opinion.
    She'd have had to have been treated like a character from the start. And her previous characterization and continuity would have had to have been maintained. Really it's just a hack story for her. So it's not really redeemable. Again, like I've said before, it's like saying to make a movie for Spidey about OMD. There's also knowing that because of how she was treated, that she ended up thrown away and no writers wanted to touch her again for years. Literally years. We don't want her damaged on the movie stage in the same way. And really, we know that the only reason it's suggested, is because of mutants. Not for Wanda. Disassembled is hardly ever mentioned. It's mostly been HoM. And always, they are mentioned for what she can do for other characters. Not what it does for her.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-26-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Nope, I would appreciate Allan Heinberg more for cleaning up this whole mess but my resentment for AD/HoM would likely remain all the same.
    The better case would be she was just used for Avengers Dissembled and she was not completely absent during 2005-2012 era. She could have a decent role in Young Avengers without the baggage of mutant genocide.
    Then after Bendis leaves, give her a redemption arc about being accepted by the Avengers again.
    That would be the ideal scenario for me if Bendis is inevitable.