Page 100 of 234 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3507

Considering that she's seen with the X-Men on the trailer, maybe on this story she's actually part of the X-Men? Idk. Maybe it has something to do with the rights thing, Wanda is included on the X-Men license which is why she used to not appear in games when they didn't. I agree that it's annoying, but I'm not gonna let that ruin things. This is the first time in ages that Wanda has appeared on a non-mobile game, I like how she looks, and she seems fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I don’t think what’s listed on the website is necessarily going to dictate the game. Past Ultimate Alliance games had teamup bonuses for using certain groups. We’re likely to see all of her history present that way as well.
    The last games didn't have her. She was only in the X-Men Legends II game. So I have nothing to go on to show that they know of her time with the Avengers or will really acknowledge it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Considering that she's seen with the X-Men on the trailer, maybe on this story she's actually part of the X-Men? Idk. Maybe it has something to do with the rights thing, Wanda is included on the X-Men license which is why she used to not appear in games when they didn't. I agree that it's annoying, but I'm not gonna let that ruin things. This is the first time in ages that Wanda has appeared on a non-mobile game, I like how she looks, and she seems fun to play.
    She is not. Feige said she and Quicksilver were never a part of that license. That they just weren't negotiated for, so they could be in both studios' films. But that was never anything to do with their games rights. Wanda was associated with the Avengers in MH. I think it's just that they don't know. Because they got other characters' prime team associations wrong too. On the bios at least.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The last games didn't have her. She was only in the X-Men Legends II game. So I have nothing to go on to show that they know of her time with the Avengers or will really acknowledge it.
    She had an Avengers teamup bonus in X-Men Legends 2.

She had an Avengers teamup bonus in X-Men Legends 2.
    Hopefully Team Ninja does that too.

She is not. Feige said she and Quicksilver were never a part of that license. That they just weren't negotiated for, so they could be in both studios' films. But that was never anything to do with their games rights. Wanda was associated with the Avengers in MH. I think it's just that they don't know. Because they got other characters' prime team associations wrong too. On the bios at least.
    The movie rights are their own thing, but years later Marvel Entertainment decided to ban Fox characters from games, animation, etc.Marvel Heroes always had rights to X-Men and F4. What they described them as in the game doesn't matter. Until recently, all games that didn't have X-Men didn't have Wanda and Pietro either.

- On Future Fight she was only added after they got rights to the X-Men. They had a Civil War update but didn't include Wanda. For reference, CROSSBONES was added on that update, and Sharon Carter got a uniform(and replace Wanda on the "Team Cap" loading screen). So it's not a case of Wanda not being big enough or anything.

- The cancelled Marvel Avengers Alliance 2 that was in beta didn't have her, even though the original game did.

- Marvel VS Capcom didn't have her.

- Marvel Lego 2 didn't have her(and had lots and lots of more low profile characters)

- None of the recent cartoons have had her, even though they used to straight up copy movie rosters. Vision for example, that has been in all the same movies as Wanda, was included.

All those games that didn't have her also didn't have any X-Men or F4. The only ones that did were the Marvel Avengers AOU lego, which, well, just literally has all the movie characters instead of being an overall Marvel kind of thing that requires more licenses, and Marvel Avengers Academy, where she was added only during the Infinity War update, after Disney had decided to buy Fox, even though the game was full of obscure characters. Even Marvel Battle Lines, which is a recent game but started being developed back in the days of the ban, still don't have her or any X-Men/F4.

This is most likely not why she was listed as an X-Men in this game, but anyway, the ban and Wanda being included on it it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The movie rights are their own thing, but years later Marvel Entertainment decided to ban Fox characters from games, animation, etc.Marvel Heroes always had rights to X-Men and F4. What they described them as in the game doesn't matter. Until recently, all games that didn't have X-Men didn't have Wanda and Pietro either.

- On Future Fight she was only added after they got rights to the X-Men. They had a Civil War update but didn't include Wanda. For reference, CROSSBONES was added on that update, and Sharon Carter got a uniform(and replace Wanda on the "Team Cap" loading screen). So it's not a case of Wanda not being big enough or anything.

- The cancelled Marvel Avengers Alliance 2 that was in beta didn't have her, even though the original game did.

- Marvel VS Capcom didn't have her.

- Marvel Lego 2 didn't have her(and had lots and lots of more low profile characters)

- None of the recent cartoons have had her, even though they used to straight up copy movie rosters. Vision for example, that has been in all the same movies as Wanda, was included.

All those games that didn't have her also didn't have any X-Men or F4. The only ones that did were the Marvel Avengers AOU lego, which, well, just literally has all the movie characters instead of being an overall Marvel kind of thing that requires more licenses, and Marvel Avengers Academy, where she was added only during the Infinity War update, after Disney had decided to buy Fox, even though the game was full of obscure characters. Even Marvel Battle Lines, which is a recent game but started being developed back in the days of the ban, still don't have her or any X-Men/F4.

This is most likely not why she was listed as an X-Men in this game, but anyway, the ban and Wanda being included on it it's real.
    That's most likely due to people's association with her as Mag's daughter than the rights. Because people said they could get her, she just cost more. Her and Pietro both. Game companies license out these characters. And Marvel rights are notoriously pricey. So they likely go for the characters they know will sell.

Extraordinary Member

It wasn't just about her association with Magneto. Marvel will never tell us what was going on with the rights, but Wanda was left off a lot of promotional material in the mid-'10s during the period of the embargo on Fox characters. She was left off a lot of the Captain America: Civil War promotional art and replaced with Sharon Carter.

What most people concluded is that any character whose movie rights were controlled by Fox, in whole or in part, found it very hard to get into media outside of comics and movies. Wanda and Pietro were on the list of characters whose rights were controlled by both Marvel and Fox and they were treated as though they were Fox characters, even though Fox had never used Wanda and now never will. (Characters like Black Panther, the Inhumans, etc. were Fantastic Four characters but Marvel had kept their movie licenses separate and owned their movie rights 100%.)

It's one reason the AXIS retcon was so pointless and petty. It didn't change the rights situation at all; they were still considered mutants for the purposes of marketing.
    Last edited by gurkle; 06-11-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It wasn't just about her association with Magneto. Marvel will never tell us what was going on with the rights, but Wanda was left off a lot of promotional material in the mid-'10s during the period of the embargo on Fox characters. She was left off a lot of the Captain America: Civil War promotional art and replaced with Sharon Carter.

What most people concluded is that any character whose movie rights were controlled by Fox, in whole or in part, found it very hard to get into media outside of comics and movies. Wanda and Pietro were on the list of characters whose rights were controlled by both Marvel and Fox and they were treated as though they were Fox characters, even though Fox had never used Wanda and now never will. (Characters like Black Panther, the Inhumans, etc. were Fantastic Four characters but Marvel had kept their movie licenses separate and owned their movie rights 100%.)

It's one reason the AXIS retcon was so pointless and petty. It didn't change the rights situation at all; they were still considered mutants for the purposes of marketing.
    I think part of it could be what Marvel is pushing at the time. Look at the DLC for Marvel Lego Superheroes 2. It's all things they were pushing hard. And that image just looks like Cap support. Wanda and Pietro appeared later in the film so they weren't a part of the main cast.

I think part of it could be what Marvel is pushing at the time. Look at the DLC for Marvel Lego Superheroes 2. It's all things they were pushing hard. And that image just looks like Cap support. Wanda and Pietro appeared later in the film so they weren't a part of the main cast.
    That's a Civil War promo image, not Age of Ultron. Sharon and Bucky weren't in AoU.

I don’t think what’s listed on the website is necessarily going to dictate the game. Past Ultimate Alliance games had teamup bonuses for using certain groups. We’re likely to see all of her history present that way as well.
    Yeah, I hope this is a sign that Wanda's chances of being a mutant again are increasing. I totally get wanting Wanda to not be totally overshadowed by Mags, but...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That's a Civil War promo image, not Age of Ultron. Sharon and Bucky weren't in AoU.
    Ah, ok. I misread.

Yeah, I hope this is a sign that Wanda's chances of being a mutant again are increasing. I totally get wanting Wanda to not be totally overshadowed by Mags, but...
    That's exactly what happens though.

That's exactly what happens though.
    For me, it just feels like way too established of an element to take out without making the character's history feel incoherent.

Though, honestly, I think Pietro suffers more without the Mags connection than Wanda does. Wanda always had all the magic stuff to lean on for stories, but Pietro has always been about his family. And the retcon removed a good chunk of them.

For me, it just feels like way too established of an element to take out without making the character's history feel incoherent.

Though, honestly, I think Pietro suffers more without the Mags connection than Wanda does. Wanda always had all the magic stuff to lean on for stories, but Pietro has always been about his family. And the retcon removed a good chunk of them.
    It's what she was from the beginning but it's had no bearing on her stories. At least ones that respected her narrative. Pietro does suffer more. But it is possible for siblings to have or not have the gene. He could still have it while she does not. Wanda's biggest association was the Avengers, her relationships to people on that team, Agatha, Chthon etc. And it was over 50 years of her existence. I'm more beholden to the parts of the character that forward her narrative and not just associate her with people that she has barely anything to do with.

It's what she was from the beginning but it's had no bearing on her stories. At least ones that respected her narrative. Pietro does suffer more. But it is possible for siblings to have or not have the gene. He could still have it while she does not. Wanda's biggest association was the Avengers, her relationships to people on that team, Agatha, Chthon etc. And it was over 50 years of her existence. I'm more beholden to the parts of the character that forward her narrative and not just associate her with people that she has barely anything to do with.
    I don't think Pietro gains too much from being a mutant if he's not also family to Magneto and Polaris.

I do see your point, definitely. The stories where Wanda being a mutant is most important do tend to be the stories where she's more of a plot device than a character. I totally get not being a fan of Disassembled, House of M... I'm not really a fan myself. But there's just... collateral damage to other stories when you take those away. And, it isn't like it's actually an essential retcon to get her character treated well. Proper editorial direction is all that's needed for Wanda to be treated with the respect she deserves.

I don't think Pietro gains too much from being a mutant if he's not also family to Magneto and Polaris.

I do see your point, definitely. The stories where Wanda being a mutant is most important do tend to be the stories where she's more of a plot device than a character. I totally get not being a fan of Disassembled, House of M... I'm not really a fan myself. But there's just... collateral damage to other stories when you take those away. And, it isn't like it's actually an essential retcon to get her character treated well. Proper editorial direction is all that's needed for Wanda to be treated with the respect she deserves.
    I think that's been lacking on a lot of characters in recent years. More plot driven stories than character ones.