Page 146 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3507

Can’t wait.

I bet Paul Bettany is a great kisser

Extraordinary Member

I have been thinking about the villain and Agatha for WandaVision, Marvel Studios has cases of hiding the villain and mentor character until release before.(Dormammu was only confirmed after the DS movie release, before that we only see Kaecilius promoted as the main villain.) (Also in Captain Marvel, there has been smoke bombs about Jude Law playing Mar-Vell while hiding the genderbent Mar-Vell.)
    I wonder if they will intentionally hide the involvement of a greater villain(give Chthon the Dormammu treatment) and mentor character in order not to spoil anything?
    Characters like Modred would also be spoilery since he is a classic servant of Chthon.(Unlike Kaecilius who is barely connected to Dormammu.)Or maybe he will have a disguise name.(Like "Karen" in Eternals movie.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hopefully they will announce the villain and the casting for Agatha soon, just so people can stop guessing from this random cast.
    "Oh, so many irrelevant people suddenly together in a show! IT MUST BE REALITY WARPING!"
    Really a rather boring take on Reality Warping, honestly I would prefer In the Mouth of Madness type of Reality Warping with a Sutter Cane figure in the shadow.(In this case, Modred would be the ideal choice, like manipulating the people in the town through Darkhold, and Wanda would kinda also qualify as a "writer" who can counter his reality rewrite with Darkhold.)
    Given Jimmy and Darcy turning up, I'm starting to think they could be investigate the strange events in the town. Maybe there is reality warping but Wanda isn't the cause but a victim of the warp.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The happy couple

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given Jimmy and Darcy turning up, I'm starting to think they could be investigate the strange events in the town. Maybe there is reality warping but Wanda isn't the cause but a victim of the warp.
    I was thinking Modred as a Sutter Cane figure, who secretly manipulate the town Wanda lives in through Reality Warping effect by Darkhold pages. ( Basically controlling the town by writing stories that can manifest into reality.) Since Wanda also has Chthon connection she will be able to counter that.
    And while Modred would be a writer whose role is to rewrite reality to his master’s will, Agatha would have the day job as a librarian, symbolizing her role of keeping the knowledge of truth. (Also maybe make the library some kind of magic sanctuary protected by mystical barriers, somewhere intense battles could take place.)

I was thinking Modred as a Sutter Cane figure, who secretly manipulate the town Wanda lives in through Reality Warping effect by Darkhold pages. ( Basically controlling the town by writing stories that can manifest into reality.) Since Wanda also has Chthon connection she will be able to counter that.
    And while Modred would be a writer whose role is to rewrite reality to his master’s will, Agatha would have the day job as a librarian, symbolizing her role of keeping the knowledge of truth. (Also maybe make the library some kind of magic sanctuary protected by mystical barriers, somewhere intense battles could take place.)
    Sounds like a plan.

I'd love Modred in this. I have a feeling though that they are gonna over-simplify Wanda's lore.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd love Modred in this. I have a feeling though that they are gonna over-simplify Wanda's lore.
    Well, there are Agatha/Chthon/Modred/Wundagore on the order of importance.
    My wish is that they introduce a rather complete version of NoW, and possibly offers closure to it as comics never did.(As an endgame for MCU Wanda.)
    But if that never happens, at least make her an actual magic user, no matter how generic her magic is.(Without a deep lore to back it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The problem with any adapation is keeping simple for newcomers but faithful for the fans. The best thing would be to introduce Wanda's lore in sections, start with Mordred and use him for set up for Chthon but keep Chthon for another series/movie.

Extraordinary Member

The problem with any adapation is keeping simple for newcomers but faithful for the fans. The best thing would be to introduce Wanda's lore in sections, start with Mordred and use him for set up for Chthon but keep Chthon for another series/movie.
    I think they can do Chthon like Dormammu in the first DS movie.
    But if they feel like to keep it a mystery, Chthon's involvement could be limited to shadows and whispers Wanda and Modred hear under certain circumstances.
    And in Dr.Strange sequel, Blade movie, etc, they can drop hints like Vishanti's kin, the force behind the creation of Vampires, etc, and then do the final reveal of Chthon himself.

This route should probably give Chthon a more impressive design than just "Demon guy in a cloak" since he will get bunch of build-up, compared to other Lovecraftian figures who likes cloaks, for example Hashtur.
    Maybe a creepy porcelain mask would help.

Extraordinary Member

Following my writer headcanon, Modred's debut could be him seemingly recording Wanda and Vision's daily life by words in a book, which should lead audience the wrong way and make him look like some kind of stalker.
    But later it could be revealed that he actually has written details about Wanda's life before it even happens.(The reveal could be Jimmy and Monica busting into his house, Jimmy just rants about this dude being a typical stalker until Monica finds literal recordings that has future dates. To make it more creepy they could find recording about themselves and they read to the part where they bust into a suspect's house.)

I think they can do Chthon like Dormammu in the first DS movie.
    But if they feel like to keep it a mystery, Chthon's involvement could be limited to shadows and whispers Wanda and Modred hear under certain circumstances.
    And in Dr.Strange sequel, Blade movie, etc, they can drop hints like Vishanti's kin, the force behind the creation of Vampires, etc, and then do the final reveal of Chthon himself.

This route should probably give Chthon a more impressive design than just "Demon guy in a cloak" since he will get bunch of build-up, compared to other Lovecraftian figures who likes cloaks, for example Hashtur.
    Maybe a creepy porcelain mask would help.
    I would prefer Chthon to be the Big Bad on his own rather than a last minute appearance like Dormammu was

Extraordinary Member

I would prefer Chthon to be the Big Bad on his own rather than a last minute appearance like Dormammu was
    I mean his initial appearance, he would later be a more direct threat, in WandaVision he stays in the shadows and rely on Modred to do his bidding.
    Acknowledge his existence and threat in early works before bring him out for the final show-down that is.(I also think Dormammu is likely to be brought back if they want to do Clea-realted stuff for DS.)
    And Wanda wouldn't cheese her way with Chthon since they won't go into direct conflict at first.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-25-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

It could be like, how was it called, “pleasant hill alpha” or something. In advance of “Secret Empire”, there Rogue was the one who discovered that the idyllic village was all fake because they were all mind-wiped. Wanda could fulfill the same role Rouge did in that story. They could use her psychic abilities not seen since “Age of Ultron” to justify this, wouldn’t even be necessary to develop a new set of powers for her – although I hope they will.