Page 15 of 234 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Busiek's is more like merging two into one power that has the effect of her OG power. And then give her OG power/Wundagore origin different definition.
    But Agatha's training is still kinda separated from all that. So it's kinda still two sets of power.
    Busiek only kinda transfered her Wundagore origin to her OG power.(Wundagore Origin used to be about her having magic potential, thus a basis for her magic training with Agatha, then it's Chaos Magic, which matched with her natural power of Energy Manipulation.)

It's kinda a shame that not many writers follow Gruenwald and Busiek's well-structured power system after them.
    I think you are correct, and you connected the dots from all of the different paths so it now makes sense to me!

The only thing is, early on, when Wanda was looking to revive her powers (second time), they had her go to some European Castle and read a hidden book of magic (?). This was very odd, because, there was no magical aspect to Wanda's powers back then, nor was there any Chthon connection way back then. Also, how did Wanda know of this castle, the hidden room or the secret book? I never heard any explanation for any of that before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Very true.

In the one pic above, Wanda uses one of my favorites, but very least seen: her hex-sphere! It is an energy sphere that can repel anything directed at it, from the Enchantress' magic to Modred's. I have never seen the Hex-Sphere mentioned or even talked about. The first time I saw it used, there was no in-book explanation of it, nor did Wanda seem surprised about it.
    I actually do know where the hex-sphere came from. When Wanda and Pietro came back to the Avengers, Roy Thomas was also writing the Hulk's book, and for some reason he introduced his new idea about Wanda's powers in an Avengers guest appearance in Incredible Hulk #128 (where, apparently, Wanda has never bothered to test her power since she got it back in Avengers #76).

Roy's new definition of her power is that by putting both her hands together she can send out a "hex sphere" that alters the probability around anything it touches, but Wanda can't fully control what will happen. It's like a floating random probability-altering field or something.

It was a bit awkward to draw and another example of how Thomas, like Mark Gruenwald, seemed not to want Wanda to be too powerful, but it lasted longer than Roy's new idea for Quicksilver's powers, where he could bounce around like a human pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I actually do know where the hex-sphere came from. When Wanda and Pietro came back to the Avengers, Roy Thomas was also writing the Hulk's book, and for some reason he introduced his new idea about Wanda's powers in an Avengers guest appearance in Incredible Hulk #128 (where, apparently, Wanda has never bothered to test her power since she got it back in Avengers #76).

Roy's new definition of her power is that by putting both her hands together she can send out a "hex sphere" that alters the probability around anything it touches, but Wanda can't fully control what will happen. It's like a floating random probability-altering field or something.

It was a bit awkward to draw and another example of how Thomas, like Mark Gruenwald, seemed not to want Wanda to be too powerful, but it lasted longer than Roy's new idea for Quicksilver's powers, where he could bounce around like a human pinball.

Ah, so that is the explanation! Finally! Thank you!

(I too remember Pietro's "ponging" around with his knees tucked. And long before that, they briefly gave Pietro the power of flight! But both seemed to disappear within a few issues.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think you are correct, and you connected the dots from all of the different paths so it now makes sense to me!

The only thing is, early on, when Wanda was looking to revive her powers (second time), they had her go to some European Castle and read a hidden book of magic (?). This was very odd, because, there was no magical aspect to Wanda's powers back then, nor was there any Chthon connection way back then. Also, how did Wanda know of this castle, the hidden room or the secret book? I never heard any explanation for any of that before.
    I kinda forget, is that the Arkon one?(Also involves a magic book.)

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think that's why Gruenwald put that in the handbook, he was tired of writers having her switch back and forth between mutant and magic power.
    I dunno. Mark co-plotted that story where she did just that.

I wonder if it might have been Jim, trying to simplify her.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Extraordinary Member

I was going to say I just finished Weapon Hex and how tasteless it is to add that "no more" line. (Though her summoning dead spirits is kinda similar to her enchanting in Morgan Le Fay/No Surrender stories which I like).
    And then I see Mr.Busiek here. I am just gonna stop my stupid mumbling and thoughts and listen.

I kinda forget, is that the Arkon one?(Also involves a magic book.)
    Sounds like the Arkon Adventure.

Also it is interesting that in the early days it seemed that Wanda and Pietro had to return home now and again, in order to recharge their powers.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

“20 Marvel Heroes with Weird Power Restrictions”

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-heroes-we...-restrictions/

Before anybody reads, she is not in there.
    But I think she just could be, e. g. with her “Use of magic lets her soul age” from her last solo. I’m happy to never see that again. Although I appreciate how bold it was to draw her super-old.
    Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sounds like the Arkon Adventure.

Also it is interesting that in the early days it seemed that Wanda and Pietro had to return home now and again, in order to recharge their powers.
    I think this was only once and then solved by the High Evolutionary – somehow.
    Also traveling back and forth to the dimension where Arkon resides solved her complete loss of power – somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

But I think she just could be, e. g. with her “Use of magic lets her soul age” from her last solo. I’m happy to never see that again. Although I appreciate how bold it was to draw her super-old.
    Also this:

Also traveling back and forth to the dimension where Arkon resides solved her complete loss of power – somehow
    Thankfully the aging soul was a result of Magic been messed with, still it was more believable that she can't use her powers if she can't see

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

Also this:

Twice, when their powers waned, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Extraordinary Member

Back when Duggan's Uncanny and Robinson's Wanda solo was running. Is Wanda taken out of Uncanny due to her solo or it's Duggan's choice?
    I just want to believe Wanda could make it past No Road Home as in having a way home, to an Avengers book.

Back when Duggan's Uncanny and Robinson's Wanda solo was running. Is Wanda taken out of Uncanny due to her solo or it's Duggan's choice?
    I just want to believe Wanda could make it past No Road Home as in having a way home, to an Avengers book.
    I would say it was due to her solo, especially given that one of the UA Annuals was basically the backstory of the Emerald Warlock.

Wanda's solo had her take herself out of the Avengers in order to find herself. The first issue of UA has Cap and Voodoo express regret over Wanda leaving. The UA annual introduced the Emerald Warlock, and Wand's solo proceeded from there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda's solo had her take herself out of the Avengers in order to find herself. The first issue of UA has Cap and Voodoo express regret over Wanda leaving. The UA annual introduced the Emerald Warlock, and Wand's solo proceeded from there.
    Just kinda bumped that she missed the good part of Duggan's UA.