Page 108 of 234 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    History of the Marvel Universe #3
    Attachment 83745
    Well, at least her classic pairing earned her some place to be in.

I just wish it was new stuff. Not history.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    At least back then you knew why she wasn't around. Now it just seems like some characters randomly disappear for months because either no one knows what to do with them, or plans to use them get changed.

So we have Sam Wilson, who just recently was Captain America in the comics and has just been teased to be Captain America in the movies, vanishing for months. It doesn't really make sense that he isn't anywhere.

The same goes for Wanda. It's not like they think she's a nobody or they wouldn't have used her in "No Road Home." But she vanishes for months, re-emerges to say she's still in the relationship off-panel with Jericho Drumm, then Jericho Drumm goes into another ongoing and she vanishes again.

I just don't think Marvel has any coherent plans for any character who isn't on their list of characters to push, and even a lot of MCU characters aren't on that list (see Sam, above).
    Yeah, here relationship with Jericho is all over the place, they go from starting dating to moving in together, what's next? In the next No Something they are married with kids

Also a review and images of the Borther of Mutants Marvel legends 3 Pack: https://forums.marvelousnews.com/for...ew-and-images/

Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 06-24-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Also a review and images of the Borther of Mutants Marvel legends 3 Pack: https://forums.marvelousnews.com/for...ew-and-images/
    The Box has the worst short-description with her that I have seen that does not include HoM. No mention of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being reluctant Villains, which made them interesting from the getgo. And I guess I don’t have to tell anybody here that back then Magneto did not knew that they are his children (the writers didn’t even knew lol). The selection of comic book pictures on the box is nice, though.

@Keyotheseasons : Is that from Marvel Heroes? I am so sad that I didn’t play that Game before it was terminated. But thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    The Box has the worst short-description with her that I have seen that does not include HoM. No mention of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being reluctant Villains, which made them interesting from the getgo. And I guess I don’t have to tell anybody here that back then Magneto did not knew that they are his children (the writers didn’t even knew lol). The selection of comic book pictures on the box is nice, though.

@Keyotheseasons : Is that from Marvel Heroes? I am so sad that I didn’t play that Game before it was terminated. But thanks for posting.
    Yup. That's Marvel Heroes.

image0.jpg

Fearless variant. I'll hope but not expect Wanda to be in it. Because it could end up like Fearless Defenders or A-Force. Also curiously, she's in her classic costume. So it might be just giving examples of female heroes.

All-New Member

Love the fearless cover...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think there wasn't a time when I didn't like or not notice Wanda. I'd been reading the Avengers since 1968 or so and she was always in them at that time. I think the issues leading up to # 50, when Magneto (who as yet didn't know he was the father that was not really the father, sigh) had used treachery and deceit to get Pietro and Wanda to rejoin him and Toad. He even caused a police officer's gun to fire on its own, which grazed her temple and caused a loss to her powers. And they left the Avengers (great John Buscema art in those issues, btw)

They rejoined about 2 years later when Arkon was introduced and also lured Wanda away from her brother, the iconic "Flowers in the crannied wall" poem used (#76 or 77 I think) also created a great rush of feeling for Wanda.

Many other things; her relationship that came of knowing Vision, and subsequent soap operatics for a few years before being married to him. Her original welcome and friendship to Ms. Marvel (only to realize how she and the other Avengers screwed up with the Marcus episode), all showed her true heart to me.

Wanda is all about being the most heart-worthy character in a way. A true Witch, and I ought to know, loves unconditionally in so many ways.

I think the John Byrne episodes in West Coast A's, with Mockingbird/SHIELD's deceptions in taking and dismantling Vision were iconic, but sadly never to really have the resolution I wanted.

Wanda and Vision's relationship in comics, has never been the same since all this.
    My exact feelings

With all this talk about a re-release of “Endgame” in an extended version People seem to overlook that the 16 Bit version is out :

So far only the Final Battle until the portal scene, but the two little bits with Wanda are there.

Her confrontation with Thanos is done in Minecraft, though:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Fearless variant. I'll hope but not expect Wanda to be in it. Because it could end up like Fearless Defenders or A-Force. Also curiously, she's in her classic costume. So it might be just giving examples of female heroes.
    It seems like Wanda usually gets left out of a lot of these "Girl Power" Marvel stories/promotions. She's kind of an old-fashioned character (so is Patsy Walker, of course, but Patsy was created specifically for female readers) and editors prefer to match someone like Carol Danvers with other more modern, post-1960s women. Or at least I figure that must have something to do with Wanda never appearing in Carol's books.

Of course that's one reason I think Carol and Wanda's friendship deserved to be explored more, even though I'm now resigned that it probably never will. They are two very different ideas of what a "powerful woman" is like.

(There is a funny moment in the Avengers Korvac Saga where Simon Williams, who has been "dead" since the '60s, is intimidated by Carol because she actually punches men the way male heroes do: "She doesn't just strike a pose and point like Wanda or the Wasp!" Which does kind of sum up the difference between the '60s heroines and the later ones.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    image0.jpg

Nice art but she is clearly just there to fill slots.
    Carol is there to represent Avengers and we all know Carol and Wanda can't show up in the same panel for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Nice art but she is clearly just there to fill slots.
    Carol is there to represent Avengers and we all know Carol and Wanda can't show up in the same panel for some reason.
    Yeah, I'm not counting on her being in the book. I've been fooled before. I'll stick with pleasantly surprised if she does actually appear within the pages. But I might buy the variant, just because it is good art.