Page 135 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

At first I am glad some big Youtube Channel is aware of the Elder Gods lore(even if Rob rubbed it off as some thing ridiculous.), and considerate enough to bring up Chaos Magic, yet the later half is again about AD/HOM.
    The worst part is probably while the topic is about Chaos Magic, there is no mention of Kurt Busiek who actually introduced this concept.(Rob again rubbed it off as something confusing without a specific introduction.) And somehow tie this to AD/HOM while AD/HOM are the very thing that denied it from Wanda's lore at that time.
    Really it feels worse than videos that can't shut up about AD/HoM, it's giving the credit of a piece of well-built lore to someone who destroyed it.
    It's weird to tie chaos magic to events that tried to erase it and much of Wanda's history. Even having Doctor Strange say it never existed, even though he used it himself. People love to want garbage in the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

According to sales data, Secret Warps Weapon Hex annual sold 15,442 copies. None of the Secret Warps annuals sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's weird to tie chaos magic to events that tried to erase it and much of Wanda's history. Even having Doctor Strange say it never existed, even though he used it himself. People love to want garbage in the MCU.
    I believe that people who want AD/HOM adapted never actually read it.

It is amazing that people want awful stories adapted. Well if you are a Spider-man fan and you want AD/HOM done I have the perfect response.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    According to sales data, Secret Warps Weapon Hex annual sold 15,442 copies. None of the Secret Warps annuals sold well.
    I liked that one. It was very “magic-centric”, even featured Weapon Hex using Chaos Magic. There were other Warps-Heroes involved, yet Weapon Hex was rather in charge of the situation. Apparently the “Weapon Hex” callsing hasn’t been used in story (but I would need to go back to the previous issue to check), which makes it all the more annoying to me that she calls herself Laura. “Speed Weasel” wanting a new name was funny, though. At the end it gives a hint to a follow-up story, but it is not clear from that if these two characters re-appear. At the very end, in an overview of the Warps-Characters, Chthon is written wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I still have to argue with people about if being an Avenger is that important to her character(some dude suggest she should join Brotherhood later blabla) and they constantly bring up "Oh, movies don't have to be like comics".(Even by that standard Wanda should have even less connection to X-sides as well.) It's just incredly difficult to communicate with someone who doesn't really know her but formed an inaccurate obsessive image of her they see fit.
    And they tend to forget even adapted, some character core would stay, you don't turn Iron Man back into a war profitter yet they want Wanda to be in Brotherhood or something.(Because an organization led by Mag is clearly some kind of freedom fighters than a terrorist group, a lame one for that.)
    Going as far as saying AD/HoM are heavily rumored even tough it's just the masses of Reddit regularly putting out the same **** over and over again.
    2021 can't come soon enough and slap people in the face about how wrong they are, I still have faith.

If magic centric Wanda appeals to audience, at least she may earned a new place, one that won't really blur her image.(Even though she may still not be taken as an important Avengers member.)

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which, what is the title and issues where Doctor Strange himself use Chaos Magic, I kinda think it's just a term brought up since various Wiki page only included Wanda/Chthon's Chaos Magic as the content.

Speaking of which, what is the title and issues where Doctor Strange himself use Chaos Magic, I kinda think it's just a term brought up since various Wiki page only included Wanda/Chthon's Chaos Magic as the content.
    Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme. It was during the 90s era.

Well, I still have to argue with people about if being an Avenger is that important to her character(some dude suggest she should join Brotherhood later blabla) and they constantly bring up "Oh, movies don't have to be like comics".(Even by that standard Wanda should have even less connection to X-sides as well.) It's just incredly difficult to communicate with someone who doesn't really know her but formed an inaccurate obsessive image of her they see fit.
    And they tend to forget even adapted, some character core would stay, you don't turn Iron Man back into a war profitter yet they want Wanda to be in Brotherhood or something.(Because an organization led by Mag is clearly some kind of freedom fighters than a terrorist group, a lame one for that.)
    Going as far as saying AD/HoM are heavily rumored even tough it's just the masses of Reddit regularly putting out the same **** over and over again.
    2021 can't come soon enough and slap people in the face about how wrong they are, I still have faith.

If magic centric Wanda appeals to audience, at least she may earned a new place, one that won't really blur her image.(Even though she may still not be taken as an important Avengers member.)
    I don't know why they insist on using fabricated nonsense for their theories. I have to feel like they only seen some of the cartoons she's been in and thought this is this character. Are they so devoid of ways mutants can come about or mutants to use in general that they need her so badly?

Extraordinary Member

Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme. It was during the 90s era.
    Do you have the issue number?
    If I can recall it's more of just a term without many details.(Probably why some Wiki editors don't put them in the same page.)
    It's just that Mr.Busiek specifically stated he didn't invent it but rather introduced it for Wanda, then again Wanda's version is pretty much a new invention with the same name.(Well, he is pretty eager to help fans out understanding stuff he wrote, the kind of creators on Twitter who pop up even without a summon sign.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-12-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Do you have the issue number?
    I just remember it was 80-90 range. It's been a while.

Extraordinary Member

I just remember it was 80-90 range. It's been a while.
    Thanks, it's a term brought up in issue 83.
    I look it up and it's "Catastrophe Magic" that is specifically explained in details.(And it's from Vishanti, also it sounds like some kind of chain reaction magic. Though it basically has Reality Warping effect just like Chaos Magic. And it need outside sources of energy if it's intended for large-scale effect.)
    When Stephen is fighting the deity behind Catastrophe Magic, he tapped into Chaos Magic, something his foe cannot control or absorb to defeat it. The source of Chaos Magic there is never stated, it's kinda just like Elemental Magic, Geo-Magic, etc brought up before as a magic energy type.
    Busiek's Chaos Magic actually is kinda like "Catastrophe Magic" though more specifically, Catastrophe is like finding the right spot to push, to cause domino/chain effect when Chaos Magic is finding pattern in a whole mess I guess?

I don't know why they insist on using fabricated nonsense for their theories. I have to feel like they only seen some of the cartoons she's been in and thought this is this character. Are they so devoid of ways mutants can come about or mutants to use in general that they need her so badly?
    I think there are some delusional people who believe that if she brings mutants into the MCU then it will negate the damage done by HOM or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I think there are some delusional people who believe that if she brings mutants into the MCU then it will negate the damage done by HOM or something like that.
    What it'd really do is damage her like it did in comics, which could wreck her future for comics. Also waste any time developing her and telling any background for her in exchange for the same deal. It's still using her as a plot device. And whether it's for mutants or Young Avengers, it's not really fair to her. They want Doctor Strange's movie populated with this too, and it's not fair to his character either. He's only had one movie yet. There's lots that needs explored about him. But they confuse the multiverse that was already established in the world he deals with, with one mentioned in other movies. And it's most likely these are different things. Because Stephen's enemies come from other dimensions and even rule over them.

I think they are in for a shock if they are purchasing tickets or subbing to Disney+ with the hope to see mutants.

What it'd really do is damage her like it did in comics, which could wreck her future for comics. Also waste any time developing her and telling any background for her in exchange for the same deal. It's still using her as a plot device. And whether it's for mutants or Young Avengers, it's not really fair to her. They want Doctor Strange's movie populated with this too, and it's not fair to his character either. He's only had one movie yet. There's lots that needs explored about him. But they confuse the multiverse that was already established in the world he deals with, with one mentioned in other movies. And it's most likely these are different things. Because Stephen's enemies come from other dimensions and even rule over them.

I think they are in for a shock if they are purchasing tickets or subbing to Disney+ with the hope to see mutants.
    Yeah, if they want to see mutants they can wait for Eternals or when the X-men finally arrive in the MCU

Extraordinary Member

tumblr_pvmm8oaZpX1rwxoyco1_540.jpg
    by Dan Schoening
    https://those-celestial-bodies.tumbl...-dan-schoening
    If they use Shuma-Gorath in DS2, hopefully they will make him as freakish as PG-13 allows it to be.
    Unlike your traditional Lovecraftian monsters with multiple eyes and mouths, etc, comic Shuma-Gorath with his one giant eyeball sometimes looks weirdly cute than scary, just saying!
    (Like adding more vein and bloodshot to the eyeball, maybe teech around the eyeball, more chaotic/unorganized length, size and placement of tentecles.)