Page 106 of 234 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just thinking Ultron/Chthon are a nice parralell, they wish for extension of themselves but get rather independent beings out of them.
    I think they can make Chthon more menacing in a way he welcomes and finds amusement in Wanda's rebellious actions, like its a child's pointless fight.
    But as Wanda grows in understanding of power and knowledge, he will start to take her more seriously, but I don't think he should be annoyed at all.
    Maybe give them a three-encounter arc weaved into the series, each encounter with new development for Wanda.(Knowing, understanding and accepting.)
    If Ultron is the type who constantly call Vision a failure, Chthon will be the oppposite mad artist type who praise Wanda's destructive potential even if she is not on his side.
    Or say he still sees Wanda as his creation going astray and as a god and creator he still wanta her on the "right path".
    Yeah, both are beings whose creations haven't turned out as planned. The thing is probably that while Ultron has given up on the Vision, for Chthon Wanda is still a work in progress.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Reading my Avengers run from issue 120-402, and I’m noticing a subplot where Wanda has a grudge against humans. When exactly did she develop this hatred against them?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Her mutant identiy and earlier encounter with bigots? It was kinda dropped later though. She did call some people human pigs or something.
    Also 120-402 is a hell of marathon, do you also read crossover issues?
    I remember reading Darkhold issues and thinking "oh, only 15 issue, should be a pleasant trip", and then bump into like 3 giant crossover with other mystic books.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-19-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Incredible Member

That's nothing I marathoned all the main Avengers team once. Outside of Busiek's Avengers and anything with her relationship with Vision Wanda's always had the most inconsistent character development and it could get annoying.

During the Cooky Quortet she wanted to be an actor, then a bunch of plots involving losing her powers because of her character constantly falling back into being a Deus Machina, that weird plot where she fell in love with Arkon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    That's nothing I marathoned all the main Avengers team once. Outside of Busiek's Avengers and anything with her relationship with Vision Wanda's always had the most inconsistent character development and it could get annoying.

During the Cooky Quortet she wanted to be an actor, then a bunch of plots involving losing her powers because of her character constantly falling back into being a Deus Machina, that weird plot where she fell in love with Arkon.
    I kinda like the Arkon arc, the flower plucking and all.
    Also I can make jokes about Vision/Simon/Arkon being mirror images to some extent of each other.
    Also it depends, old comics have much more text and I find all-bold English text in older print not that easy to read as a none-native speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Reading my Avengers run from issue 120-402, and I’m noticing a subplot where Wanda has a grudge against humans. When exactly did she develop this hatred against them?
    This one started just before your reading---Avengers 112 and 113 --if I remember correctly.

First, Vision was nearly destroyed when he was blown up by hatefilled humans carrying bombs. Wanda was later taking a walk when construction workers harassed her. Her powers did not work well and were very weak. The guys were going to get Wanda when-- she was rescued by Mantis! (They seemed very friendly at that moment--not to last though!).
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-19-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Her mutant identiy and earlier encounter with bigots? It was kinda dropped later though. She did call some people human pigs or something.
    Also 120-402 is a hell of marathon, do you also read crossover issues?
    I remember reading Darkhold issues and thinking "oh, only 15 issue, should be a pleasant trip", and then bump into like 3 giant crossover with other mystic books.
    I’ll probably read up to Under Siege, but I’m planning on adding my FF, X-Men, Dr. Strange, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Woman, and my Spider-Man title’s. If I don’t get burnt out, I might add my DD, and Power Man/Iron Fist books too.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

To get a little more into this, Steve Englehart introduced a subplot of Wanda being prejudiced against humans, but it never really went anywhere. She spent the Avengers-Defenders war making a bunch of anti-human comments, mostly to Iron Man, but this was dropped soon after and didn't come back.

I think Englehart just realized he was more interested in the Mantis/Vision/Wanda triangle and then the idea of Wanda learning magic from Agatha Harkness, so whatever he was planning there never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To get a little more into this, Steve Englehart introduced a subplot of Wanda being prejudiced against humans, but it never really went anywhere. She spent the Avengers-Defenders war making a bunch of anti-human comments, mostly to Iron Man, but this was dropped soon after and didn't come back.

I think Englehart just realized he was more interested in the Mantis/Vision/Wanda triangle and then the idea of Wanda learning magic from Agatha Harkness, so whatever he was planning there never came to be.
    I'm glad that it didn't go anywhere. It makes her as bad as the bigots

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I'm glad that it didn't go anywhere. It makes her as bad as the bigots
    Not really as bad, as she'd just yell things at them. Not really burn down their houses or anything.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not really as bad, as she'd just yell things at them. Not really burn down their houses or anything.
    Not all bigots are house burning extremists, most are people yelling racist remarks. I'm glad Englehart dropped it, that sort of behaviour and attitude is not proper for a hero

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Not all bigots are house burning extremists, most are people yelling racist remarks. I'm glad Englehart dropped it, that sort of behaviour and attitude is not proper for a hero
    I was referring to her and Vision's house being actually burned down. In the context of the story she wasn't doing as bad to them as they were to her. Not in a general sense of what's possible. It was a weird era for her so yeah, it's best staying dropped, but she could have really messed them up if she were to be as bad as them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I was referring to her and Vision's house being actually burned down. In the context of the story she wasn't doing as bad to them as they were to her. Not in a general sense of what's possible. It was a weird era for her so yeah, it's best staying dropped, but she could have really messed them up if she were to be as bad as them.
    I know what you were referring to. Still it is good it was dropped.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly given Wanda's lore I always think an evil and extra violent version of her would feed people to N'Garai or something.
    Mostly evil AU Wanda is just evil royalty, mutant terrorist, etc.
    Lore came close to being that menacing, but she didn't retain many features and specific lore of Wanda.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Which she easily could have (regarding her powers). I think its one of her strongest character moments, when she realizes that her house was burned down by bigots, it looks for a moment like she is about to attack some nearby people, but she does not. At least she showed there that she is better than Magneto (not much of a challenge, but still) who once (before Wanda was born) totally lost it and instantly killed everyone in a small town. Nevertheless, I am glad that this was abandoned, this kind of attitude is the last thing I want Wanda to be associated with, it’s quite the opposite of what her character stands for.

Honestly given Wanda's lore I always think an evil and extra violent version of her would feed people to N'Garai or something.
    [...]
    LoL’ed at that one
    In an Interview Lizzy ones said that if she ever gets an evil role, she wants a scene where her character eats Puppies and Baby-Hearts

PS: Everyone ready for a Tsunami-Wave of frustration? September solicits are out