Page 206 of 234 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    One of the major problems I have is if they establish that she can full out do reality warping without anything about Chthon, they've cut out essential Wanda lore. I'm already having to hope by some small margin that they even have her support cast. The other is if it's baby crazy stuff. Because they can still do that, where they can't do the fake mutant utopia yet. And even if it's Wanda's imaginary world, there's still a chance they make her "crazy" without any care of depicting mental illness in any proper way.
    Yeah, I don't mind the likes of Darcy, Jimmy Woo, Monica, etc if they got some of the core Wanda/Vision supporting cast like Aggie, Modred, or even the Williams, Horton for that matter.
    I think the thing with the madness narrative is that the cause of madness is very important.
    In a Lovecraftian setting, it's usually extreme situations and Elderitch horrors that challenge the mind of a mortal being, if some cosmic level beings fries everyone's brain by simply being there, it's not because they aren't functional human beings, it's simply the human limitations.
    But the HoM case is that "a woman cannot handle her loss", sure it exists in real life, but is it fit for a heroic character like Wanda? Or say is the way she deals with her loss and pain reasonable and functional?
    And really there is a thin line of depicting a sentimental character and making her have a mind of glass.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Not sure how they plan on tying that together, maybe it ties in with the Dr. Strange film?

Anyway, History of the Marvel Universe #5

Wow someone remembered that Quicksilver was responsible for HOM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    There is some stuff we know will be in there, yet is not to be seen on that wall.

We know Monica Rambeau will be in there, and she will most likely become an Avenger. Maybe for the MCU Monica will replace Carol as one of Wanda’s closest friends.

It’s now almost save to assume that Agatha Harkness will be in there, yet also nowhere to be seen on that wall, even though there are plenty of comics to draw from.

Chthon is a big questionmark though, putting rumors aside, there is no hint of him (it?) being there. Maybe Marvel Studious has no interest in Chthon or just doesn’t want to reveal it yet.

And as * Drops Of Venus * pointed out, this isn’t the whole wall anyway.

I also find it weird that the “Internet Media” only jumped to the “Wanda having Babies” – stuff, even though some of the “House of M” – stuff is just as easy to recognize.
    Well, that will be a shame since I like some more struggle behind powers.
    In all honesty I think Chthon is probably more essential in a grander narrative for Wanda since he can be the prime source of conflict, while a mentor character is optional, no matter how classic and important Agatha is.
    Then of course it won't matter much if Wanda just live off the Avengers narrative, but with the grander mystical lore incoming, I hope Wanda gets her share of expansion.

Some big comic youtubers are saying that Ultron might return to the MCU in the WandaVision show in new plot "leaks"
    I Wonder if Marvel has the money to put Ultron cgi on the show...
    I mean Ultron attacking and coming back from Vision's mouth happened in Avengers Dissasembled thanks to Wanda reality warping (because u know Bendis...)
    https://youtu.be/Ue50QFGvyFM

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I dare Marvel to show anything else about Wanda, at all. 55 years of history and this is just all they resort to all the time.
    Issue #2: Chton is repelled by the High Evolutionary, but he marks Wanda Maximoff as a future vessel

Issue #3: The Scarlet Witch is one of the faces at the cover. Magneto creates the Brotherhood. The Scarlet Witch joins "cap's kooky quartet". She's there during the Kree Skull War, and the Avengers/Defenders one. She gets married with Vision.

Issue #4: Seen during the Korvac saga, the death of Captain Marvel (the original one), the Infinity Gauntlet, the Kree/Shi'Ar war.

Issue #5: Avengers Disassembled, House of M, Avengers vs. X-Men.

And remember... that comic is not about her, or about the Avengers, but about the history of Marvel Universe as a whole. I would say that they mention her many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Some big comic youtubers are saying that Ultron might return to the MCU in the WandaVision show in new plot "leaks"
    I mean Ultron attacking and coming back from Vision's mouth happened in Avengers Dissasembled thanks to Wanda reality warping (because u know Bendis...)
    That would make the whole ending to AOU a bit pointless, since the whole point was to make sure Ultron couldn't come back. Unless he appears he seem sort of flashback or dream/nightmare

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I just dislike no matter what it will do free advertising for HoM and until something more impactful about her comes out in comics. This comic will help form the first impression of Wanda for new comic readers and fans.
    I wish there is easier way for new comers to know more about the general lore and essential stories of Wanda, but nope, they will go to read that overrated overdramatic family drama anyway.
    The history of Marvel at least mentioned Chthon/Wundagore though.
    I agree on that. This one image of that wall is a huge load of fuel for the House – of – M – Train that is running through the online articles and YouTube. Now it probably won’t stop until at latest when the series arrives.

I still believe firmly that the producers of WandaVision won’t do the same kind of damage to Wanda than Bendis did. But at the same time I have to assume they have no idea how unpleasant this here for us Fans is.

BTW, recently I’ve *found* another reason why I would dislike a “Reverse HoM” : It would make any interaction with mutant characters and Wanda super-awkward, with her being their *creator*. At least it would be a fun way to troll X-Men Fans, if in the MCU then the Mutants are praying to Wanda, with Shrines and Temples and whatnot

I agree on that. This one image of that wall is a huge load of fuel for the House – of – M – Train that is running through the online articles and YouTube. Now it probably won’t stop until at latest when the series arrives.

I still believe firmly that the producers of WandaVision won’t do the same kind of damage to Wanda than Bendis did. But at the same time I have to assume they have no idea how unpleasant this here for us Fans is.

BTW, recently I’ve *found* another reason why I would dislike a “Reverse HoM” : It would make any interaction with mutant characters and Wanda super-awkward, with her being their *creator*. At least it would be a fun way to troll X-Men Fans, if in the MCU then the Mutants are praying to Wanda, with Shrines and Temples and whatnot
    Wiccan and Speed will have like millions of siblings

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Issue #2: Chton is repelled by the High Evolutionary, but he marks Wanda Maximoff as a future vessel

Issue #3: The Scarlet Witch is one of the faces at the cover. Magneto creates the Brotherhood. The Scarlet Witch joins "cap's kooky quartet". She's there during the Kree Skull War, and the Avengers/Defenders one. She gets married with Vision.

Issue #4: Seen during the Korvac saga, the death of Captain Marvel (the original one), the Infinity Gauntlet, the Kree/Shi'Ar war.

Issue #5: Avengers Disassembled, House of M, Avengers vs. X-Men.

And remember... that comic is not about her, or about the Avengers, but about the history of Marvel Universe as a whole. I would say that they mention her many times.
    That's good, because most of her appearances in something that collects Marvel history, they just mention AD/HoM. I'm not saying that book should be all about her. I never even mentioned that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    No offense, but big comic youtubers are not a good source.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Not sure how they plan on tying that together, maybe it ties in with the Dr. Strange film?

Anyway, History of the Marvel Universe #5

I never understood why Luna and Crystal weren't by their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I never understood why Luna and Crystal weren't by their side.
    Because they are not mutants

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That would make the whole ending to AOU a bit pointless, since the whole point was to make sure Ultron couldn't come back. Unless he appears he seem sort of flashback or dream/nightmare
    I also want MCU-Ultron to be gone forever, mostly because MCU-Wanda started the chain of events that lead to his creation. Only that it isn’t mentioned anymore in the MCU doesn’t meant it didn’t happen. With that in mind, I very much do not want to see a MCU storyline where maybe Ultron slaughters the population of an entire country.

Dream sequence were he haunts her as nightmare of the past I would be fine with, thought.

Woah, I don’t wanna sound spoiled or picky but I am wondering if there could be for once a rumor that I do like Maybe I should just open an 4chan account and create one myself

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wiccan and Speed will have like millions of siblings

Extraordinary Member

And that will make mutants kin to Werewolves, Vampires, N'Garai and various creatures of Night directly or indirectly created by Chthon.
    Now that I think of it, can Marvel make an AU where "mutants" are a product of Elderitch manipulation than "natural evolution", I would like to see a reality where humans embrace mutants and overjoyed with this gift of mother nature or Lord above whatever only to find out "oops, actually you are all children of our lord and destroyer Chthulu!"

I also want MCU-Ultron to be gone forever, mostly because MCU-Wanda started the chain of events that lead to his creation. Only that it isn’t mentioned anymore in the MCU doesn’t meant it didn’t happen. With that in mind, I very much do not want to see a MCU storyline where maybe Ultron slaughters the population of an entire country.

Dream sequence were he haunts her as nightmare of the past I would be fine with, thought.

Woah, I don’t wanna sound spoiled or picky but I am wondering if there could be for once a rumor that I do like Maybe I should just open an 4chan account and create one myself

I wouldn't mind Ultron appearing in a nightmare sequence